[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

I just finished watching episode 7 and boy did it made me so mad at Hyun Ji.

The beginning of episode 7 made me teared up, Jh listened to the voice mail from Jenny. Jenny apologizes for telling him to forget his lover and that she understands if he doesn’t come back. Jh sobbed and bawled in his single person bed(made me wonder why his lover wasn’t there). I cried with him. Also later on in the episode when he said, “he would do anything for her...” I bawled. 

So apparently Hyun Ji mom is still alive. It’s proven because the HJ mom lady friend got a secret “friendship phone calling code.” So yippie on that good news!

Hyun Ji went to Jenny requesting her to help her find her mom. Jenny said I will as long as I’m still alive and in the game and I need your help to stay relevant. 

Ye Nam husband is scum, it seemed like he also had a thing for Jenny in the past but what’s the point of revealing that right now? Jenny called him out on it. 

JH asked his mom to stand behind Jenny during the investigation of her allegedly playing a part in the murder of the CEO of Jowang. She declines saying that DEO will not gain anything from supporting Jenny and she doesn’t need Jenny to obtain the international city project. JH tried to appeal to her morals but what is he kidding, it will be easier for him to capture the moon then getting his mom to do the right thing lol *later on in the episode the mom realized she will prob need Jenny after all after witnessing the mayor in cahoots with the Vice President of Jowang. 

Sunwoo & Hyun Ji was able to find the housekeeper that switch the medication of the ex-wife of the CEO of Jowang (which made her crazy and delusional) and successfully convinced her to allow them to record her revealing her deeds and who commanded her to do. Hyun Ji allayed the housekeeper fears and told her that they will protect her and her daughter and not let anyone know she had a role in this (it kind of made me upset already because the housekeeper abetted the murder by switching the medications, even if she didn’t know that the ex-wife was going to commit murder, it’s still bad, very bad)

Hyun Ji went to Jenny and didn’t handover the usb drive with the confession of the housekeeper until she promised that she will also protect the housekeeper. And try to guilt trip her by saying that she trust her because she  kept her word so far. (Which infuriated me because they already had a verbal agreement and now HJ added another condition...instead of adding a stipulation she could had just appealed to Jenny to help the housekeeper and she probably would had done so, Jenny acts cold but she’s like spring on the inside. Also the housekeeper deserve punishment for her involvement. Switching meds could had killed the ex-ceo wife let alone other things).

sunwoo made a huge point to Hyun ji in the car. Jenny doesn’t have friends that why she doesn’t have much weaknesses but Hyun Ji is her biggest obstacle... Jenny is warming up to HJ. And that makes her a liability. 

jenny went on a talk show with Ye Nam, Ye Nam wanted to used that opportunity to obtain Hyun Ji by threatening to reveal JH secret to the world (you crazy scum bucket, that’s your brother) but of course Jenny is one step up and got YE Nam husband to get rid of the photos by threatening him in regards of his daughter. He said how dared you use a child, and Jenny responded just like you wanting to protect your daughter, I too have someone I want to protect. Awwwwew

She protected JH again. Their friendship goals. 

HJ gets a phone call from the housekeeper...Sunwoo tried to stop her from seeing her. Obviously it was a trap. Sunwoo tried to saved her but was cornered by some henchmen. Jenny went by herself and negotiated with the thug leader. She convinced him that it’s best not to take options off the table, esp the Jenny option because out of all the options, she’s the most reliable partner and most unlikely to abandon her allies, exhibit A: Hyun Ji. She successfully convinced thug leader to keep HJ alive and made a big trade-off for HJ. She gave up the video that would prove her innocence and would had reveal the real culprit. 

Jenny slapped HJ and said does it hurt? You have to be alive for you to feel the pain. in the “Korean game I forgot what it’s called at the moment,” if you lose, you can play again. But this is real life, you don’t get another chance. HJ expressed her gratitude by saying “thank you.”

It triggered a flashback when Jenny and Sunwoo reunited as youths at the bathhouse that Jenny works at. Jenny got beaten up by a maid Because she fed and took care of him : ( 

Sunwoo is very observant, while driving Jenny home, he warns her not to see herself in Hyun ji because it will put her in more danger, in other words, she will keep bailing hj out in potential future predicaments. 

the episode ends with her going home and crying in the bathtub, like crying crying. It’s the first time we see Jenny in this state since she was a youth. : (((( 

Although Her revenge plan faced a setback, we know Jenny doesn’t give up! Can’t wait for tomorrow episode. After typing this post, most of my anger towards Hyun Ji dissipated hahaha time to go to the gym. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh... no ep8 because of baseball broadcast... arghhhh...

Tsk tsk tsk.. ye nam had a child with that killer police officer.. sigh, ah well...

Hj still looks young to me... sigh,

Sun woo and JJ fighting...hehhe

Anyways is JH'S BOYFRIEND going to kill himself because JH went bk to the family??? Sigh.. 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

In defence of HJ , I don’t blame her for reacting the way she did - was it smart ? No . But it was the right thing to do at least from the perspective of someone who wanted to keep her word. HJ will learn that in this  high stakes game , she’d need to stop reacting emotionally & to learn to see the big picture. I think it’s likely the reason she did not make it to the professional league because she was governed by her feelings. I believe Jenny empathises with HJ because she was once like that . But over the years , she’s become hardened by the need to stop caring in order to survive and outsmart her foes . What I like though about HJ is that she  knew she was wrong & I think she will learn quickly . 

Definitely Jenny does empathize with HJ and Sunwoo even pointed it out to Jenny. There's nothing wrong with reacting to emotions as long as you combine it with logic. Jenny protected her people with that combination.

I agree HJ wanted to keep her word to the housekeeper which is a good thing and it is good to protect the safety of the housekeeper. But the housekeeper deserved punishment for her crime. And HJ she didn't keep her word with Jenny. The deal was that Jenny will help her find her mom if she helps her prove her innocence. Hj added another condition (not keeping your word). Once again she could had pleaded Jenny to help the housekeeper without holding the usb hostage. Hj was willing to gamble and let an innocent person, Jenny to take the fall to protect someone who committed a crime??? what kind of logic is that? 

*and the thing is that Jenny didn't really need HJ assistance...she is resourceful, she could had found other ways. Most likely she said it to show to HJ that she isn't soft when offering to help her find her mom.

"What I like though about HJ is that she  knew she was wrong & I think she will learn quickly ." 

She knew she was wrong to fall in the trap but she wasn't aware of the wrongs she committed against Jenny. She thanked Jenny for saving her but she didn't apologize for the problems she caused to Jenny. Jenny life was also in danger by directly confronting the thug leader. Anything could had happened.

I am sorry that we did not have two episodes to watch this week.

My thoughts.

Jenny became emotional this episode and could not keep inside her feelings anymore. She always had a good heart but she had to close up to go forward with her plan. Just like Sun Woo said, the moment she starts seeing herself in Hyun Ji and starts to care for her, she became more vulnerable/ will show her vulnerabilities to others. She accumulated a lot of tension. JJ is strong but she is not made from iron. No wonder she went home and cried in the bathroom. She needed that moment. It is good to let your emotion get out sometimes. I liked what the writer is doing with her character.

Sun Woo knows Jenny so well. I liked when he realised right away how she is feeling.

The bathhouse scene was so sad.  She was hit by the bathhouse owner but she was thankful that she was not kicked out from the house. Now we know how Sun Woo and Jenny met after she left the orphanage.

About Hyun ji. It is the second time she is doing something stupid. The first time (when she left with the doctor) I understood, now I start to lose my patience with her. I understand she is young and impulsive. I understand her need to keep her words, to want to protect others when they are in danger but she should have known by now who is dealing with. She should have wait and have a better plan. Jenny is right. If you lose a game of Go you can try next time, but in real life you could not have another chance. It is her choice to make mistakes but I hope next time she will take responsability for her actions and not have others sacrifice themself / put themself to danger to save her. I hope she learned her lessons. The drama is showing Jenny as Hyun Ji`s mentor. I hope they continue to show their relationship growing. 

In the preview, we saw how Sun woo and Hyun Ji start dating. I am not emotionally invested in Hyun ji`s character or their relationship but I am glad Sun woo is moving on with his life. It is the healthy way to do. He still cares for Jenny but he is taking care of his life in the same time. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:42 PM, realistic2280a said:

Anyways is JH'S BOYFRIEND going to kill himself because JH went bk to the family???

Oh... it looks that way but I hope it is not true. The preview can be misleading. 

From what we saw, Jung-Hyeok had a long and deep relationship with his partner. We saw how hard it was from him to decide about Jenny`s sugestion. We saw that Jung Hyeok returned home and decided to break up with his boyfriend/ lover. If that man killed himself, then he was not able to move on from the breakup. It is tragic but I hope Kim Yeo-Ok won`t say that Jenny is to blame for his gesture. (I have to wait for the episode to understand Kim Yeo Ok`s claim).

I rewatched the scene from ep 5 to see if I understood corectly what Jenny said to her husband. It was the same thing.

We saw that Jenny is conflicted. She did not want to make Jung-Hyeok suffer but she needs him too.

I am confused about Jung Hyeok and his partner`s situation (the breakup).

Kim Hye Ok said to her son that if he will ruin Deo`s reputation, Jung Hyeok will get kicked out from the family and Jenny will follow him. OMG, he will ruin their reputation just because he is gay? It is hard to chage the norrow minded mentality.

So Jenny, asked her husband if he still wants to "beat" Chairwoman and be free and not hide the man he loves. She said: "If you want to beat her and protect your love you have to love me first"

I interpreted her words as, you have to separate for now until we succed with our plan. They have to separate because it is hard to keep the secret hidden anymore and their plan will be jeopardized.

She gave him a choice. To go with his partner or return home and work together to carry out the plan. It was hard but he made a decision. Why commit suicide? The separation would have not been forever. I don`t understand very well the situation. Maybe I am wrong.

Another thing. About Jenny and Jung Hyeok posibility of being more than friends....Again, the preview could be misleading.  It`s odd right now (for me) to think the show is going there. 

I like Kim Tae Hoon more than Kim Jae Young as an actor so I like to see Jenny and Jung Hyeok`s relationship more explored. But I will not buy a romantic relationship. Not at this point. The sure thing, for me, watching Jenny and Jung hyeok`s relationship will be more exciting than watching Sun Woo and Hyun ji`s one (or maybe, in a way, SW and JJ too). I am really curious what this show will give us.

About the preview ... Deo`s rival will know that Wi brothers are not blood related with Deo`s family? OMG... a new conflict... the circle tightens again. 

And Jung Hyeok`s father will appear on screen.

4 hours ago, larus said:

Jenny became emotional this episode and could not keep inside her feelings anymore. She always had a good heart but she had to close up to go forward with her plan. Just like Sun Woo said, the moment she starts seeing herself in Hyun Ji and starts to care for her, she became more vulnerable/ will show her vulnerabilities to others. She accumulated a lot of tension. JJ is strong but she is not made from iron. No wonder she went home and cried in the bathroom. She needed that moment. It is good to let your emotion get out sometimes. I liked what the writer is doing with her character.

What makes a good revenge story is when the main lead is not a solid rock that is impenetrable. They are cold but their heart can be reheated. They're damaged by they're still salvageable. And it hits me hard because every human has a broken side to themselves and its not impossible to repair or to outgrow tragedies, that's something I try to tell myself frequently. Yes this writer is doing a splendid job so far! A human is complex.

4 hours ago, larus said:

The drama is showing Jenny as Hyun Ji`s mentor. I hope they continue to show their relationship growing. 

I hope she can grow too and I  too am getting frustrated. I guess Jenny has the advantage where her entire life has mostly been a tragedy, so she had to grow up faster at a faster pace. She was literally hit left and right and literally discarded as trash on heaps of trash since she was a young girl. 

4 hours ago, larus said:

So Jenny, asked her husband if he still wants to "beat" Chairwoman and be free and not hide the man he loves. She said: "If you want to beat her and protect your love you have to love me first"

I interpreted her words as, you have to separate for now until we succed with our plan. They have to separate because it is hard to keep the secret hidden anymore and their plan will be jeopardized.

She gave him a choice. To go with his partner or return home and work together to carry out the plan. It was hard but he made a decision. Why commit suicide? The separation would have not been forever. I don`t understand very well the situation. Maybe I am wrong.

From my interpretation verbally it seems like forever, but I too could be wrong. I don't understand the point of the separation. Maybe it is to protect his lover, or to keep JH focused on the game plan and have a one tract mind and not be distracted? Or maybe it's because she is still pining over JH and gave herself false hope that he will fall in love with her in time.Which is likely not going to happen. From my opinion, she will in time learn to let him go when she truly understands the toll it is taking on him being separated from the person he love. I really hope his lover doesn't successfully harm himself because it's going to make Jenny feel so guilty but on the opposite wavelength it would be good that it happens to shaken Jenny and will incite her to give up on that romantic idea of hers. It's a tragedy, we can't choose who to fall in love with. That's life : (

4 hours ago, larus said:

About Jenny and Jung Hyeok posibility of being more than friends....Again, the preview could be misleading.  It`s odd right now (for me) to think the show is going there. 

I highly doubt it's going to happen. If it does, boy is the show going backwards with their homosexual stance. Close-minded people are like it's a phase, and once you find the right woman or man, you will finally settle down and have a regular family. If the show takes that route, they will just encourage the status quo.

@larus and @elan1, I didn't go back to rewatch recently so I could have understood/remembered wrongly, but I recall my understanding after watching twice, was that there were two conversations involving KYO, though I can't recall which came first.

1. With WJH, she was telling him that if she hears anything more about that relationship, the person "beside him" will be destroyed, and by that, I believe she meant the guy and not Jenny.

2. With Jenny, she was reminding/warning her that because their marriage was not by her order (not with her blessings nor within her plan), should WJH go down, Jenny will also follow (go down) by relation.

So I think Jenny's suggestion is that if WJH wants to beat KYO (in order to be free, or perhaps there are other reasons behind him wanting to beat her but has not been revealed yet), he needs to settle the relationship (at least for now, because if it's not settled, they will all be destroyed together before they can do anything), then come back for them to work together to beat KYO. However, if he decides to just leave quietly with his partner, she will understand, and will still continue to try to beat KYO on her own (for both her and WJH's sake). She is willing to do this much for him.

11 hours ago, elan1 said:

What makes a good revenge story is when the main lead is not a solid rock that is impenetrable. They are cold but their heart can be reheated. They're damaged by they're still salvageable.

So true. I also like this kind of characters.

I hope she can grow too and I  too am getting frustrated. I guess Jenny has the advantage where her entire life has mostly been a tragedy, so she had to grow up faster at a faster pace. She was literally hit left and right and literally discarded as trash on heaps of trash since she was a young girl. 

Yeah, Jenny was hit with tragedy from a young age.  It is sad how hard her life was after the bus accident moment. Losing both parents, having a baby brother on her care, abandoned at the garbage site, took by a woman but abandoned again after three months. I think the most beatiful moments for her (beside her time with her mother and father), was when she grew up in the orphanage with Sun woo and her brother. But it was hard as well because her brother was sick and eventually died. Jenny has matured quickly.

Hyun Ji annoys me sometimes but in the same time I see potential in her. I like how she is making Ye-Eun squirm. Ye-Nam sees Jenny as her rival and Ye Eun has Hyun Ji. Ye Eun is interested in Sun woo and she senses a real competition, because Hyun ji can be a capable woman.

I see in the preview that Kim Yeo Ok sent Hyun Ji to be her spy, to report everything relating Jenny but I don`t think she will betray her mentor. I hope Hyun  Ji will be a good double agent. :D

From my interpretation verbally it seems like forever, but I too could be wrong. I don't understand the point of the separation. Maybe it is to protect his lover, or to keep JH focused on the game plan and have a one tract mind and not be distracted? Or maybe it's because she is still pining over JH and gave herself false hope that he will fall in love with her in time.Which is likely not going to happen. From my opinion, she will in time learn to let him go when she truly understands the toll it is taking on him being separated from the person he love. I really hope his lover doesn't successfully harm himself because it's going to make Jenny feel so guilty but on the opposite wavelength it would be good that it happens to shaken Jenny and will incite her to give up on that romantic idea of hers. It's a tragedy, we can't choose who to fall in love with. That's life : (

It was not forever because Jenny told Jung hyeok that if it is too painful they could separate. She also said that for him to love freely  and not hide the man he loves they have to beat Kim Yeo Ok first. I understand the separation because Jung Hyeok`s mother threatened that the life of the person next to him will become a hell pit if their secret will become public.  They tried to hide Jung Hyeok`s gay relationship but now that there are people who know his secret, it is a problem for both of them. Jenny does not need another weakness. They need all the force for the confruntation with the enemy. But what I don`t understand is why not explain to Jung Hyeok`s partner that this separation was not forever. It is not very clear for me what really is happening. 

About Jenny still having romantic feelings for Jung Hyeok, despite their pact to be best friends forever, it could be that but I think more than that she needs someone on her side for emotional support. 

She can open up to Hyun jeok more than she opens up to Sun woo right now. I don`t think her husband knows who is the real Do young. Sun Woo knows Jenny very well and knows all her secrets, she loves him too as a part of her family but she doesn`t let him see her vulnerable side. Sun Woo`s frustration with his noona is that. He already knows that she is not a rock but she doesn`t let him comfort her. Jenny wants to protect him and she pretends that everything is alright in front of her team.  Like  "I am perfectly fine. Smile" moment.

I highly doubt it's going to happen. If it does, boy is the show going backwards with their homosexual stance. Close-minded people are like it's a phase, and once you find the right woman or man, you will finally settle down and have a regular family. If the show takes that route, they will just encourage the status quo.

I really like Jenny and Jung Hyeok`s relationship. They know each other for a long time too. Despite the fact that he is the son of the woman who took Jenny`s mother identity and took her real family, she liked him from the start. He was nice to her also. Probably Do young had romantic feellings in the past but she had to burry those feelings because he has gay and loved someone else. I don`t think she still has the same romantic feelings but she is emotionally close to him (and viceversa).

I wonder how he will react when he finds out that she kept a very important secret about his family from him. I hope he will understand . It is time for Jung Hyeok to help Jenny with actions. I am glad he came back home.

Jung Hyeok is gay. He loved his partner for so long. It is hard for me to believe that his feelings will change. I also don`t think this drama will show that. But in the same time, they gave us hints that he was interested in her, observing her a lot from afar. We don`t know why.... We`ll see in the upcoming episodes what`s going on.

I wonder who is Jung Hyeok`s father.

One more thing... Jenny was close to Jung Hyeok since they were young. Jenny was close to Sun Woo from longer. Sun Woo is a friend for Jung Hyeok too? What`s the relationship between both men? I wish the show will explore more this relationship. Jung Hyeok said one time that he cares for both Jenny and Sun woo.

I like this picture.

tumblr_pwypgpBjMH1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

@chubbz Thanks for your post. I understood/ interpreted the scene the same as you. 

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

I feel very bad for JH...their society is so homophobic...and it is not an exaggeration. It is impossible for him to live happily ever after here especially when he comes from such a prominent family. ( I remember in DS60, the drama tried to broach the idea of equal opportunities and treatment for all regardless of their sexual preference, my goodness the knets were so against it and it was only a drama. It's a terribly sensitive subject. ) . So the drama will have to tread very carefully where it is headed with regards to his gay relationship.

The people were so against it just seeing it on a drama? I know it is a sensitive topic but I am glad the dramas are giving the audience a perspective on the subject regardless their oposition. Maybe the people all over the world will start accepting diversity in their lives someday. 

As for Jung Hyeok... I feel bad for him that his own mother will kick him out of the family when the public will find out about his sexual orientation. It is more important for her her status, what people talk than her own son. It is a sad thing when not only the society will exclude you but your own family will abandon you because of who you are. And he did not do any crime. 

No wonder Jung Hyeok will say to her mother that he loves/ apreciates Jenny more than her. (I do not remember the exact words). It was in the preview.

2 hours ago, larus said:

But what I don`t understand is why not explain to Jung Hyeok`s partner that this separation was not forever. It is not very clear for me what really is happening. 

I can't understand this part either. Wouldn't JH have explained to his partner even  before the wedding with JJ. I know the wedding is just for show and I believe it has not been registered.

2 hours ago, larus said:

About Jenny still having romantic feelings for Jung Hyeok, despite their pact to be best friends forever, it could be that but I think more than that she needs someone on her side for emotional support. 

She can open up to Hyun jeok more than she opens up to Sun woo right now. I don`t think her husband knows who is the real Do young. Sun Woo knows Jenny very well and knows all her secrets, she loves him too as a part of her family but she doesn`t let him see her vulnerable side. Sun Woo`s frustration with his noona is that. He already knows that she is not a rock but she doesn`t let him comfort her. Jenny wants to protect him and she pretends that everything is alright in front of her team.  Like  "I am perfectly fine. Smile" moment.

I believe JJ may have liked JH romantically before finding out his secret. I can understand that JH is the only person who showed an interest in her back then. I hope there is more to their relationship then what we've been shown so far.

As for SW, I believe JJ only sees him as her younger brother. I remember a scene in one of the earlier episodes before the wedding where JJ told SW she is not coming back that night, so he doesn't need to pick her up. JJ knew that SW looked disappointed but she tells him that he has always been a big help to her and she still needs him for her plan to work. So I gather that she doesn't want any romantic feelings between them because that will put a damper on their plans.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I believe JJ may have liked JH romantically before finding out his secret. I can understand that JH is the only person who showed an interest in her back then. I hope there is more to their relationship then what we've been shown so far.

Do Young liked Jung Hyeok in the past and ,fortunetly, they did not start a romantic relationship to find out later that he is gay. I am glad that she found that early.

Now, let see who is his father and if he has any relationship with him. I wish he is a good man and he will find in him a shelter after everything will be exposed. I imagine a terrible blow for the Wi siblings to discover that they are not from the family.

I wonder if Mr Choi from Jowang Group found the picture of Jenny`s family. Maybe he suspects that Kim Yeo Ok is not the woman in the picture and he wants to test her children if they are from Wi family. I wonder how Chairwoman Kim will go out from this situation. :D

The preview is full of new twists. I can`t wait to watch the next episodes.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I know the wedding is just for show and I believe it has not been registered.

I think it is registered.

I think any society has the right to set their standards and their cultural norms. I believed that societies have the right to have their own values and strongly disagree with anyone that opposes their values. Acceptance doesn't mean approval and the person doesn't have to accept or approve anybody's choice of what they want to do and who they are sexually attracted to.

No one, rather it's America or Korea should be forced to believe what they don't want to. As a black woman, I think that this type of issue will always be a Hot Topic because they will be someone always trying to force their values on someone else in either direction and it's the people who pay the consequence. I live in an America that it is torn due to religious and political beliefs. Everyone blames the president, because they don't want to see themselves as the mess starters. I don't like anyone that does not know how to accept accountability for their own actions and their own thought process. If you live by fear you will create fear in others, therefore, you need to own it and stop blaming on everybody else so you can make yourself feel better that you're a good person. Families no longer speaking because they are being forced to approve of something they believe per biblical Old Testament and New Testament that it is a sin. Purely scientifically speaking it cannot be proved  either  because twin studies always undermines  "the Born This Way Theory". And no one can really skate around that there is nothing in the Bible that approves of those type of relationships or the sexual acts involved. So I guess the question becomes why is it so important for anyone to force and make someone else believe the same as they do no matter what those core beliefs are? Doing things by force always produces extremes.

Someone's values is going to win the day and someone's values are going to suffer to maintain them; that's the cost of conviction. And yes the Korean people will likely Revolt because they see what has happened in America and they in no way won't that the tear up their society there. The way I live is this, if you want to be understood then try to have an understanding. Empathy or  validating does not mean that you approve or disapprove. And if you disapprove who I am whether it be genetic factors that I cannot control like my biological sex, my ethnicity, then that is your god-given right. I work with people and treat people with different faiths and opinions all the time. There are times that I strongly agree with them there are times that I strongly disagree or softly disagree. I do not force myself upon them and if they try to force to force themselves upon me, I'm going to put my boundary up.  I do not draw unnecessary lines in the sand unless they really have to be drawn up. Even to the most hateful person, I do not believe that should lose their job on their lives because we cannot agree on morality.

The writers of this drama likely knew what they were trying to provoke when they wrote the storyline so they're going to have to live with the outcome. The long term may go their way or not go their way but that's a decision they will have to live with knowing the society they live in. No matter what you trying to convince anyone of, you can't lead someone to the water you're trying to drink by breaking their legs at the same. If you are breaking someone's legs you are dragging them. Who likes to be dragged?

8 hours ago, larus said:

was not forever because Jenny told Jung hyeok that if it is too painful they could separate. She also said that for him to love freely  and not hide the man he loves they have to beat Kim Yeo Ok first.

I really don’t remember her telling him that but it’s probably due to my hazy memory lol I thought she expressed to bring his lover to trip to settle things and to move on and forget his lover and come to “love her” instead to beat his mom. 

Yeah I agree that she needs him for emotional support but also because he as one of the heirs of DEO group, he has power which he did use to influence on the camera man on ep 6 because he wasn’t allowed to be on the talk show but forced his way into appearing. 

8 hours ago, larus said:

Woo is a friend for Jung Hyeok too? What`s the relationship between both men? I wish the show will explore more this relationship. Jung Hyeok said one time that he cares for both Jenny and Su

I think they were more of friends by association with Jenny. but is possible there could be something more, maybe JH had a crush on Sunwoo LOL

8 hours ago, triplem said:

emember in DS60, the drama tried to broach the idea of equal opportunities and treatment for all regardless of their sexual preference, my goodness the knets were so against it and it was only a drama. It's a terribly sensitive subject

What does DS60 stand for ? 

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

can't understand this part either. Wouldn't JH have explained to his partner even  before the wedding with JJ. I know the wedding is just for show and I believe it has not been registere

Even Jenny didn’t tell Sunwoo it was a sham wedding. For some reason they think it’s best to keep the secret between them...I’m not sure why. But then again Jh still hook up with his lover after they got married...so maybe his lover does know? 

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

SW, I believe JJ only sees him as her younger brother. I remember a scene in one of the earlier episodes before the wedding where JJ told SW she is not coming back that night, so he doesn't need to pick her up. JJ knew that SW looked disappointed but she tells him that he has always been a big help to her and she still needs him for her plan to work. So I gather that she doesn't want any romantic feelings between them because that will put a damper on their plans

Definitely for the time being it’s Mostly one sided, Even if she does have some interest, it’s very small and it doesn’t seem like she wants to explore it for the time being because it will just make her already interesting life even more interesting lol too much craziness already happening. 

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

What does DS60 stand for ? 

Designated Survivor: 60 days, the Korean remake of the US series (Designated Survivor).

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

Even Jenny didn’t tell Sunwoo it was a sham wedding. For some reason they think it’s best to keep the secret between them...I’m not sure why. But then again Jh still hook up with his lover after they got married...so maybe his lover does know? 

I understand Jenny and it is showing how loyal she is.  It is Jung Hyeok`s secret to tell.

Of course Jung Hyeok`s lover knows and he sure understood. They could not be together officially.

I liked the scene when SW and HJ opened the door at the same

moment...sparkly. 

I also liked it when HJ called that  little girl and showed her the drawing.

For some reason SW was completely surprised. :)

I didnt like that Jenny hit HJ.

SW looks kind of miserable as he just stood there and remained silent.

Archived