[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

35 minutes ago, larus said:

They loved each other in the past but she marry another man (more convenient, chose by her mother, I assume).

He already proved himself that he will do everything for her. He kills to protect her. But he wants to survive as well, so he keeps a hidden card.

I like how Jenny is toying with Ye Nam. At first, Ye Nam told Jenny to chose between Sun Woo and Jung-Hyeok but, in the end, she has to really chose between her husband and Oh Tae Sook. :D Jenny played nice her cards. 

I also enjoy how jenny is toying with her. Whenever she thinks she is winning, Jenny will play the uno reverse card :joy:

Ye Nam just looks like a spoiled brat throwing tantrum. With that attitude she will never win against Jenny. I can´t wait to see her face when she finds out that she is not from Deo group. 

Btw. I always have to laugh when I heard the family name because here in Germany we us deo as an abbreviation for deodorant :lol:.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

tccolb

about_tccolb2.jpg

Secret Boutique: I don’t usually watch this genre, but I was curious enough to check out the first episode. As expected, most of the cast were on top form in terms of acting. However, I must admit I was a little disappointed by Park Hee-bon. I normally really like her, but she didn’t seem to quite fit the role – I wanted to see more confidence and poise. Although, maybe it’s something that improves in later episodes. The standout for me so far is Kim Jae-young, which is something missvictrix also talks about in her review. He has this quiet but strong presence in this role that I really like.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-175/

I think Park Hee Von is doing a good job with her role. Ye Nam is not suposed to be a really confident woman. We can see how she has an inferiority complex around Jenny. She knows that Jenny is better than her, she is more capable but she has that arrogance to not accept it and tries really hard to break her, to surpass her.  She is doing mistakes after mistakes. :D

Ye Nam is no match for Jenny, she is like the annoying mosquito. The final confruntation will be with Kim Yeo Ok and Jenny. Jenny`s real foe is Ye Nam`s mother.

@larus, ITA. I never saw Ye Nam’s character as confident nor do I think she’s supposed to be. I think it’s her mom that’s supposed to be the final boss that will probably give Jenny a fight. Remember when Ye Nam asked her mother to intervene to rescue her from Jenny, she rejected Ye Nam’s request and the male assistant appealed to the mother to help Ye Nam and the mother said she did have connections that can stop Jenny but she didn’t want to go through the trouble of utilizing them for such small issue.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, realistic2280a said:

Is the husband really gay or what... is that all for show? 

Then dear sW will have a chance at the romance!

Goona see ep4 soon...hehhehe

No.  Please. I'm not in favor of  SW JJ romance.

JH gay?  I saw the scene when he called the other guy "darling" and holding bottle of whine.

And YN.. whatever it takes to bring down JJ and get ahead of her. She'll use information about JH to JJ. And no I don't think he's gay at all. He like JJ since they were teens. I hope they end up together.

And YN hahahaha you silly whiney annoying fake DEO fotune hogger, power hungry, narcissistic fool! She doesn't even know that the Mom is fake... just like her! :lol:

Anyway this is not the type of drama I watch but I'm still watching because I'm enjoying it. Las time I watch makjang which I enjoyed was Heaven's Promise/ The Promise. :)

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Anyway this is not the type of drama I watch but I'm still watching because I'm enjoying it. Las time I watch makjang which I enjoyed was Heaven's Promise/ The Promise.

This is the type of makjang that I like. The background is very dramatic but the chess/baduk moves between the characters is what I like the most. And the key characters are all women. :lol:

And no I don't think he's gay at all. He like JJ since they were teens.

Maybe he is bisexual. There were signs that he likes Jenny romantically but that scene was obvious (for me) that he is in a relationship with that guy. Plus other things I already mentioned.

The only thing that could destroy the theory is that he and Jenny staged the revelation for Ye Nam to fall for a fake news. But it is too much trouble, really! Why they care what Ye Nam is ploting? She doesn`t do anything right.

Jung-Hyeok was really surprised when he saw his sister. Not to mention Ye Nam`s face... :lol: She will give the pictures to her mother anyway. I hope she will be smart enough to not release the pictures to the press before that.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:49 AM, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Sun Woo is not in love with Jenny Jang. He just cares for her so much that she does not want her to die without getting any justice. He’s quietly falling for Hyun Ji :) But Noona JJ will always be his priority.

Hyun Juk cannot distinguish his love and friendship between Jenny Jang as he never understood Jenny but he quietly support her all the way because  he know Jenny knows a lot about him. 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:49 AM, anjelikaeyes13 said:

I have to disagree Sun Woo is obviously in love with Jenny. There's way too many hints on his displeasure with her marriage with Hyun Juk. He's the only one she can genuinely trust and vice versa. Even in their flashback, there was hints of love in his eyes for her in their childhood. I hope they are end game. 

Hyun Juk, he's gay as revealed in ep 4. The only love he has for Jenny is unrelated sibling love. Unless he and Jenny faked that scene knowing that his evil sister would be coming to take "compromising pictures." that would be a major twist if that happens hahaha 

For those who are wondering about a possible romance of SW with JJ or HJ, wait for the next two episodes that we will know. Otherwise it's true on one side he's always been loyal to jenn, and on the other hand he's disobeyed JJ for wanting to save HJ I think HJ just impressed him and he has a sense of the justice that prevails.

After that is the male lead and jenny the lead female, on the other hand it seems to me that this actor has posted on his instagram a video scenes where HJ and appear to him a lot: some have already been seen. we know that they will share other scenes as he will be her lawyer

Personally I do not think he will dare to go out with a married woman even if it's a false marriage

So much talking about romance.... Gals, we won`t have any in this drama. :lol:

Sun Woo and Jenny have a strong connection and that will remain for ever. Sun Woo loves his noona but the question is if ever Jenny will see him as a man or she is seeing him only as a friend/ sibling. In the drama, their character are six years apart so that is not the problem. It is the fact that Jenny took care of him as a brother since his childhood. (Watching kdramas, I already saw a similar situation (not so much drama) and the OTP remained together. :D INR3, if you are asking).

But this is not a romantic comedy. Jenny is consummed by revenge. She wants her plan to work and she is not thinking at anything else right now. She loves Sun Woo but we don`t really know at this point if her feelings are anything romantic.

As I said in an earlier post, I like very much that Sun Woo is showing independence. The fact that he was showing blindy loyalty all the time, even when Jenny is not right, it is not that appeling for me. Because he is showing independence, that makes him appealing even for Jenny, and he could have a chance to be with her in the future.

It is very possible that Sun Woo could start to like Hyun Ji. It is more healtier for him. I wish him good luck.

But, for me, it doesn`t matter. I really don`t have a ship. I don`t cheer for either of the potential couples. What the characters/the writer want, I will aprove. :D

I still think that the romance in this drama will remain at the stage of... what if.... Maybe I am wrong. 

I could not help to notice that when love is in the air, more people are commenting on the thread. Love leads the way! :D

What’s wrong with the idea of sun woo and JJ romance? It’s not like JJ is an evil character who treated him wrong. if Jenny doesn’t have sun woo, she literally will be all alone. Who doesn’t want a romance partner? As independent as she is, she is like any other human. 

I can’t help but think it’s due to ageism and Kim sun ah big age gap with Kim Jae young. If it was a more younger actress as Jenny, people would pair them together. But I understand that it’s a natural human thing. People naturally pair up people who are better looking together and people who look/are closer to age. It’s Real life lol 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

I am living for Kim Jae Young dramas - mid week I see him in this . The weekend I see him in KBS Beautiful Love , Wonderful Life. I may be obsessed  .

Maybe It`s kdrama heaven for you. 6 months and double shots for two months!!!! At the end you have two options: 1 to say it is enough, I will take a break from Kim Jae Young or 2. I want more (you are already addicted. ) :D

6 hours ago, triplem said:

.honestly how is he managing two dramas at once as the main lead ? 

I think Secret Boutique is almost finished shooting but he still has his schredules very tight for a while. He is young and has energy to do both projects. 

^^^^

Secret boutique ’Kim Sun-ah reveals unreleased

p1065600115147067_2058_thum.jpg

Kim Sun-ah in the photo shows a charismatic expression from a car or wearing sunglasses. He also wore a sophisticated suit with a sense of fashion to express Jenny, who is also a perfectionist and outstanding strategist.

p1065600115147067_241_thum.jpg

p1065600115147067_509_thum.jpg

Spoiler

p1065600115147067_974_thum.jpg

http://m.sportsw.kr/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065600115147067

What I see at the end of the preview? Sun Woo and Jenny look more close (and I don`t talk about friendship feelings).

I wonder if Jenny is looking at Sun woo with those deer eyes in the last scene. Without translations and looking after the facial expresions, I see that Jenny is discovering something. Maybe she realises that Sun woo is seeing her as a woman. It is my interpretation. I will see if I am close or further of what actually happens in the drama. :lol: The preview can be missleading.

Now I am talking about romance. :w00t: I don`t expect to see romance in this drama. What is happening with me?

Okay, I 'm feeling I'm in the minority here. I don't like romance  between them. I guess we have or own preference. :D

Meanwhile.. is the butler feeling something for the chairwoman? I remember the somewhat intimate massage of her back. :D

Okay, I 'm feeling I'm in the minority here. I don't like romance  between them. I guess we have or own preference.

I don`t think you are in a minority. There are a lot of people who won`t like their romance either. But maybe it won`t be a romance at all.

I understand how you feel. It happened to watch some dramas and didn`t want a romance between protagonists but this time I like every single actor in this drama and I don`t mind any combination. :lol: If the drama will touch some "romance" fine, if not fine again. Win Win situation for me.

I did not watch the whole episode because there aren`t subtitles available yet but I watched some scenes. I really like the scene between Jenny and Jung-Hyeok. She was consoling him and I think she spoke with him from her heart. We find out that Jenny knew about Jung Hyeok being gay from a long time. I like their relationship too.

Also Butler Hwang and Miss Wang were sent to get rid of Jenny and her baby brother. Interesting. I can`t wait to see what happened. They did not do what Kim Yeo-Ok asked them. I assume.

Young Jenny with her baby brother in those garbage dump.... :tears: Jenny had a hard life.

Meanwhile.. is the butler feeling something for the chairwoman? I remember the somewhat intimate massage of her back.

It is possible but she is treating him like a servant. I think they had a sexual relationship. She could have use him as a boy toy from time to time. 

What’s interesting to me is that YNs daughter SB is in the states yet she is so desperate not to move there with her. Is SB even her real daughter? Also as much as I ship JJ and SW (what a nice twist if HJ ends up with that righteous prosecutor so she gets some love too) I wonder what her true feelings for JH (husband) are. Is friendship, or does she have an unrequited love for him? Does he know her brith secret too? Is he an exception to her revenge? (His youngest sister too since she works for her?) then again we know she’s out for revenge, but what is her end goal or overall scheme? Take back Deo? What about the fate of MIL and kids?

Aw so sad, Jenny had a one sided love with her current husband. She had feelings for him since the very beginning. How hard it was for her to discover that he was gay. 

It’s okay Jenny, there’s someone great close to you. Get sun-woo before he gets taken away by hj lol

I agree that it seems JJ truly loves JH. The only time I felt for her, was when she was comforting him. Saying she will wait for him to take care of his relationship and come back to her and fight the evil mom. If he chose not to come back, that’s fine with her too, she will handle everything there herself. I somehow felt that there might be romance for them. Otherwise, why is the title page is of the two of them pinkie promising. There must be a significance. 

I laughed again that YN got stuck in her marriage just because she thought her now husband was really in a relationship with JJ, implying she married him just to snatch him away from JJ :lol: this girl... LOLOL

Archived