Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven’t checked back to the episode, but wasn’t the wearing all black during the father’s memorial? 

OH... you are right. I saw the pictures and I thought they will be from the next episode. They are pictures from the past episodes. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

New stills of HJ. For what it's worth I really this girl. She is the character I relate to the most . Romance aside , I hope she will be reunited with her mum. 

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, triplem said:

For what it's worth I really this girl. She is the character I relate to the most . Romance aside , I hope she will be reunited with her mum. 

Same here. My favorite character :kiss_wink:

I think she will. Saw them in the crew pictures. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, larus said:

That`s why the question is why Lee Joo Ho, the one who works with the mayor, did not say anything. He saw Oh Tae-Suk when he threw the victim`s body in the ocean, he recognized him later and knows who he is. 

He participated at the party on the yacht and he was the only one who did not seem to enjoy it, like he was uncomfortable there. He observed everything but not say anything. If I have to assume, I think he was a spy, and he works for Jowang. If he is not someone else`s man, he will use the imformation about the mayor, when he has an interest  (maybe he wants to be the next mayor). 

It is sad that everyone is looking for their own interest, but I believe, in the end, the mayor will pay for his crime.

I wasn’t thinking so deep. To me, he chose to keep quiet because there was no hard evidence of foul play? He saw OTS dragging the sack but he never really saw what was inside, and since OTS dumped it into the ocean, it has yet to surface till now. The only person who suspected something happened to the girl, was HJ’s mum and she has since gone missing (we have no idea what really happened after OTS struck her, since things were left intentionally vague for us to guess). So officially, there’s no record of a murder, not even a death, or a case of missing person, so there’s nothing for him to say?

• Like 10

Poor SW...

In many scenes he seems to want to say something but

mostly he just keeps quiet.

Or he looks like he wants to do something on his own but still

doesnt do it.

And then in the evening he sits alone in the dark lost and so handsome...:D

But if he is happy then thats ok. :)

Sweety, fighting...:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

ah so it’s almost 100% official hj mom is alive. I’m glad there’s a happy ending ^^

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chubbz said:

I wasn’t thinking so deep. To me, he chose to keep quiet because there was no hard evidence of foul play? He saw OTS dragging the sack but he never really saw what was inside, and since OTS dumped it into the ocean, it has yet to surface till now. The only person who suspected something happened to the girl, was HJ’s mum and she has since gone missing (we have no idea what really happened after OTS struck her, since things were left intentionally vague for us to guess). So officially, there’s no record of a murder, not even a death, or a case of missing person, so there’s nothing for him to say?

Maybe he hasn`t the evidence that there was a crime but he definetly knew that Oh Tae suk (he did not know who he was at that time) threw a body in the ocean. He was an eye witness. The face he had when he saw Oh Tae Suk on the elevator was that telling. Maybe he does not suspect the mayor but he really saw Oh Tae Suk and knew something happened that night.

If I remember corectly, the doctor also knew that the victim was druged and died for an over dose (he had a video?  I don`t remember every detail)

Even if there were not a victim`s body or a missing person report, he had the moral duty to report to the police that there was something suspicious on that yacht. The fact that he did not say anything and decided to convince himself that he did not see anything it telling me that he is a coward, at least. But I don`t think he is just a coward, he is an oportunist too and we`ll see if I am right in the comming episodes. Or he already told someone and it was not the time to attack the mayor with this information.  He is not an innocent and naive colaborator of the mayor. I won`t rewatch the episodes but I remember very well how incomfortable he felt at that party, like he did not integrate in the event, like he was an outsider. At that time I thought that it is good that there is someone who could say what happened. But not a word... We`ll see more of him later. 

13 minutes ago, elan1 said:

ah so it’s almost 100% official hj mom is alive. I’m glad there’s a happy ending ^^

yes, she is alive. She won`t appear now because Hyun Ji has to be around Jenny a little more time.

If Kim Yeo Ok want Hyun Ji to tell her things about Jenny, it looks like she still suspects Jenny that she is up to something.  I don`t know why Hyun Ji would agree to spy for her. She promised her informations about her mother, Jenny put her to feed her controlled informations?

I am curious how Mr Choi of Jonwang Group put his hand on a photo of Jenny`s family. From where? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

For what it's worth I really this girl. She is the character I relate to the most . Romance aside , I hope she will be reunited with her mum.

Is there a personal reason why you relate to her the most? Did something happen to your mom recently ? : ( 

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Poor SW...

In many scenes he seems to want to say something but

mostly he just keeps quiet.

Or he looks like he wants to do something on his own but still

doesnt do it.

And then in the evening he sits alone in the dark lost and so handsome...:D

Brooding sw is so hot. I’m so jealous of hj resting on his shoulder on next episode, why can’t it be me :tears::lol:

• LOL 5

4 hours ago, elan1 said:

Is there a personal reason why you relate to her the most? Did something happen to your mom recently ? : ( 

I think she wanted to say that Hyun ji looks like someone ordinary. Jenny Jang is like a superwoman. Who in this world is like her/ relate to her? :)

We can admire her from afar.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:
9 hours ago, triplem said:

Same here too  I like her character and I like the actress too. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

201910151378052896_1.jpg

Jenny Jang and Wi Jung Hyeok spend time at a night club in the next episode.

They look so good together. Why the writer made him gay?

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201910151378052896

Aroma Life (CEO Lee Hak-jae) announced that it will support the production of SBS drama 'Secret Boutique'.

Aroma Life officials said, "It will be an opportunity to strengthen the brand awareness of Aroma Life through this drama production support," said, "It will be part of the first step to create a healthy body of the people."

Meanwhile, AromaLife is Korea's leading functional underwear company. In 2008, when the domestic underwear market was saturated, based on the experience of supplying products to famous Japanese underwear companies for many years, after researching and trying the advantages and disadvantages of functional underwear, the company developed a groundbreaking functional underwear and caused a change in the market.

http://www.iconsumer.or.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=10219

Aroma Life is an underwear company? I thought it is a cosmetic brand. :lol:

And how they are going to promote? The gals are going to shoping?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I am going to try to recap from my memory what I saw live...just some highlights

1. Jenny goes back  at the end of the last eps and cries in her bathtub. JH sees her from the slightly open door. SW waits outside the house in his car, knowing Jenny is feeling down.

2. HJ cries in bed. But she does at the end of the day knows what Jenny was trying to get at by reprimanding her earlier. The next day she decides to start afresh. She fixes her watch - she  had kept it broken because it reminded her of her mum and the time when mum went missing. Then she send a new clock to Jenny . Jenny too has an old broken clock that she never fixed because it reminded of the terrible time her parents died. Jenny and HJ have more in common then they realise.

Spoiler

3. Ye Nam and mum ( fake Chairwoman Kim)  goes for massage - as usual Mum is scolding and chiding her for something. Then at one point , she shows Ye Nam  pictures of Ye Nam and her cop lover entering his apartment. Ye Nam went ballistic cause mum has been tracking her every move.

4. But lo and behold Ye Nam discovers who has been mum's spy - Butler Wang . She saw them in the garden talking privately and then mum was grabbing his hand. :ph34r:..she was shocked.

5. Ye Nam realises that she can't trust mum anymore - she decided to go and see the competition - the man from the Jogwang group. Looks like she wants to cut a deal with him.

6. More scheming btwn Mayor, gangster Jo and the Jogwang man. 

7. So there was a very critical scene where Jenny, with KYO etc was paying a visit to the hospital for some event. Omo,  an old man recognised KYO and called her by her real name. She of course feigned ignorance. The old man's daughter quickly pulled him away.

8. Then later on Sun Woo investigated and long story short ( if I am not mistaken) the DNA test shows Ye Nam is the old man daughter. 

9. Jenny confronts Ye Nam about it ...shows her the results...setting a trap here...of course YN got mad...burned the results.

10. But YN knows it is the truth...she looks for her cop lover...asking him to help her. I think she wants to get rid of the old man. Cop lover was mad she wanted to use him again . He refused ...she was trying to use her tears again...( also forgot to mention , in an earlier part, YN's husband had confronted cop lover asking him to stay away from YN)

11.Meanwhile the old man was walking home...he was about to be attacked by a masked man...but Sun woo intercepted. SW and the guy fought ...turned out to SW's surprise that it was Butler Hwang. ( I think Jenny and SW expected YN's cop lover) .While the fight scene was going on, Jenny and KYO had a very interesting talk - both indirectly threatening the other....

Spoiler

12. JH and mum (KYO) had an argument. I think she found out about his lover and told him off ....he left home feeling bitter...

13. Jenny came back home feeling quite down..she looked at the photo of the Wi family in her bedroom..she opened the back part where she had her parent's photo. Manager Wang came in at that moment to serve her tea. Jenny quickly closed the back of the frame.

14. KYO looks for Hyun Ji.  Invited HJ into her car.  SW saw them from afar. KYO offered to help HJ find her mum and come work for her instead...HJ refused and got out of the car shortly much to SW's relief.

15. Jenny had earlier on asked SW to book a nice restaurant for them to have lunch . He waited happily but just as she was coming into the restaurant, JH called . He was clearly depressed. Jenny decided to go see him as she was worried. SW was disappointed , jenny says sorry. Jenny really does love JH and would do anything for him. 

Spoiler

16. later in the evening, SW was waiting outside the office block playing with a kitten...HJ came out. It was awkward at first , as they greeted each other. He somehow asked her for dinner.

Spoiler

..so we get the scene as per preview. She teased him about his love for Jenny...the two talked. Later on when dinner was over, they decided to go to some place( cafe?) but it was closed. They ended up at her place where she taught him to play baduk. Later on the friend and son came back...made him stay on - cooked and they had drinks...a slightly drunk and sleepy HJ fell asleep on his shoulder. 

Spoiler

17. Jenny meanwhile comforted JH. They went bar hopping , eating at the stalls...he finally fell asleep in the hotel room with Jenny next to him. Poor Jenny, the way she touched his cheek and looked at him was so sad. Urghh she really loves him unconditionally.

Spoiler
Spoiler

18. Next day...JH went home first. Manager Wang went and opened the frame to see the secret photos...but she quickly put it back when JH came into the room. After she left, JH checked the frame out. He was shocked to see those hidden photos

Spoiler

- eps ends-

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the recap @triplem

We are half way into the show, I hope there are more twists and surprises because it seems like the show is losing its steam or maybe it’s just me? It seems like right now most of the characters are just reacting to information most of the audience knows or could logically guess. 
It seems like. The last few episodes are like filler episodes and not much progressed. 

that being said, im looking forward to watching ep 8 later on today. 

• Like 6

For the first time I watched LIVE a little of today`s episode.

I saw the old man recognizing Chairwoman Kim and later, I cheered when Sun woo saved the man.  I was worried a little for him when he fought the masked man in the dark, when Jenny and her nemesies fought with their words. It was a good scene. I am happy that Sun woo is a very good fighter. Butler Hwang is now Chairwoman`s henchman? I should not be surprized. He was capable to sent to death two children in the past. he can kill for her.

I was glad that Hyun Ji has refused Chairman Kim`s offer.

I understood Sun woo`s frustration and disappointment when Jenny canceled the dinner/meeting. She should have told him what`s going on. Jung Hyeok needed her and I think she was right to go to him but she should have talked with Sun Woo as well. Maybe he needed that moment to push himself to look in another direction, to change the pattern in his life.

Sun Woo and Hyun Ji`s date /having dinner was awkward but they broke the ice. Next time would be more easier for them.

Jenny is carring for Jung Hyeok very much. She still have a crush on him, I think. Is his lover really dead? It`s a weird plot. I know that Jung Hyeok`s love partner is a supporting character but I think his suicide is contrived. It is a cheap plot to get rid of him. I like Jung Hyeok (I love Kim Tae Hoon) but I think I need more scenes and effort from the writer to convince me about Jung Hyeok`s journey in the drama. I feel very confused. What`s his place in the drama? Why the writer make him gay in the first place? Maybe with subtiltes I will understand better the situation.

About the Jenny`s picture with her family. Miss Wang was surprised to see the picture. Why? She knew/ suspected that Jenny is the daughter of the young master. Now Jung Hyeok saw the pictures as well. He will start to wonder who is his wife.

A question. In the preview we saw that Mr Choi from Jogwang had informations about the Wi siblings not being blood related with Wi family? I don`t think I saw that in this episode. Maybe I am wrong. or maybe my assumption was wrong. The preview can be really misleading.

The second question... Ye-Nam knew that she is not blood related with Wi family or she find out in this episode?

I want to watched the whole episode with subtitles and of course, the next episode as well. I wish there will be three episodes this week. :)

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Oh boy,the relationship between Doyoung and Jung Hyuk is such a highlight for me that i would be really sad for them to loose it at the end even if i predict her revenge will be quite bitter and loose something precious...Felt bad for Sunwoo being dumped yet again but i understood why she choose to go to Jang Hyuk and i'm glad she did it seeing as he was in so much pain and with no one to be by his side...Kim Yeo Uk is such a hidious person i really hope her downfall will be rewarding,to see her be stripped all of her possesions and left with nothing...Also,the main BGM is sooo huntingly beautiful i just can't wait to listen to the full VA once it's out(hope they do release it)

• Like 8

I watched again the RAW episode and now I realised that I missed a lot watching the first time.

Now I can answered my own questions. :lol:

I am glad Jung Hyuk saw the pictures of young Jenny. In the next episode he will question Miss Wang and I hope she will say the truth or, at least, what she knows about Jenny and his mother. I know it will be hard for him to know that his mother was so evil towards Jenny but I don`t have a doubt that he won`t support his friend/ wife over his mother. Jenny`s revenge will affect him (he is a collateral victim) but I hope he will know that she cares for him sincerely.

Again from the preview... it is so funny how Kim Yeo Ok is walking with his right man behind her and Jenny as well with Sun woo. Go Go Go team Jenny- Sun Woo. It is time to put the other team behind bars. Let see the last half of this drama. I can`t wait to watch it.

I loved the moment with the clock/ watch. Jenny and Hyun Ji has a lot in common and I wish their relationship will stay strong.

Preview ep 9

• Like 9

I still haven't watched the episode yet. So is JH lover officially dead? :tears: Why can't kdramas protray homosexual relationships happily? 

I think it would be very cool if somehow at the end of the show all three siblings turn against their mom and took her down together with Jenny on top ofcourse :D . that would be hilarious and so satisfying. JH is already against mom, YM is now against mom, and now we are waiting for the last sister. She's a wild card, we still don't know much of her. 

• Like 6

Finally one scene full of colour and life.

HJ made SW smile so much when they were at the restaurant. :)

SW looks so handsome in that light blue suit. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 2