[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt like that Jenny hit HJ.

SW looks kind of miserable as he just stood there and remained silent.

I see slapping someone's face as mostly equivalent to humiliating the person, so I wouldn't say I like it either, but in a way, I understand why Jenny did that.

I watched the episode twice but caught the slap only the second time because I was distracted the first time. What she said after the slap left an impression from the first time though.

"Did it hurt?... You need to be alive to feel the pain..."

I didn't see the slap that first time, and I thought Jenny was referring to the betrayal by the girl's mum and HJ's possible realization of her lack of wisdom in that rash act. But it somehow felt abrupt, to suddenly refer to the above and asked if it hurt.

The second time, I saw that slap and I saw the connection. She was referring to both the physical pain from that slap and possibly (metaphorically) the pain from what I mentioned above. And I felt that physical act of slapping HJ made the scene more impactful and complete. Her intention was not to humiliate but to "wake her up" to her naivete and that physical pain and the whole act of being slapped would have left a very deep impression on HJ, if it did so even for us viewers. Jenny was trying to warn HJ, not for "creating trouble" for SW and her, but because it has, and would continue to put her own life (as well as SW and hers) at risk if she doesn't "wake up". She is trying to ensure the gravity of the situation is communicated to HJ and given the situation, their relationship and her character/status, I think the slap was most appropriate.

To imagine Jenny hitting HJ on her head or punching or pinching her would make Jenny look ridiculous and change the whole tone, providing comedic relief instead. :D

And I noted SW's expression as well. He definitely felt something when HJ got slapped... It was intentionally reflected that he didn't feel nothing.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, chubbz said:

The second time, I saw that slap and I saw the connection. She was referring to both the physical pain from that slap and possibly (metaphorically) the pain from what I mentioned above. And I felt that physical act of slapping HJ made the scene more impactful and complete. Her intention was not to humiliate but to "wake her up" to her naivete and that physical pain and the whole act of being slapped would have left a very deep impression on HJ, if it did so even for us viewers. Jenny was trying to warn HJ, not for "creating trouble" for SW and her, but because it has, and would continue to put her own life (as well as SW and hers) at risk if she doesn't "wake up".

Yes, Jenny never intended to humiliate her. She reacted like a person who cares about the other but needs to make a point. It was an emotional response from Jenny and we saw how affected she was after that. Hyun Ji was like the imature kids who believe they are doing some "heroic" things (they know better) but fail miserable, not thinking of the consequesces. It was a "wake up" call.

I am glad that Hyun ji apreciated Jenny`s effort to save her life. Jenny never hesitated, not even when Sun woo told her to not intervene because it was a trap. She did more than Sun woo in that crissis, she resolved the situation without force.  She was tough, precised, persuasive  and had a great self- confidence which was sustained by her actions. I am sure it was not easy for her to go to the tiger`s den and everything could have ended bad but she was in control the whole time.  My favorite part was when she told the gangster that his current bosses won`t let him sit at the same table. It was true, she knows them so well like she was present earlier at the scene. :lol:

Jenny was a hero, her knight in shining armor. If I were in Hyun Ji`s shoes that night, I would have been embarrassed of myself, I would have accepted the slap and maybe learn something. I would promised myself to not create such a mess again.  

5 hours ago, chubbz said:

And I noted SW's expression as well. He definitely felt something when HJ got slapped... It was intentionally reflected that he didn't feel nothing.

We saw that Sun woo likes Hyun Ji, maybe he is getting interested in her as a woman but in that particular scene, I did not see his concern for Hyun ji as much he was concerned for Jenny. He was not physically involved in the scene, he was like a silent observer. I bet he understood the both sides but he understood Jenny more than anyone. And we saw  in next scene that he did not want to let her be alone in that moment. He knows that Jenny is getting emotionally involved, that she sees herself in her new protegee. 

I want to talk about the "Thank You" part. In both situations, the magic word, made the other person defenseless. Jenny projected herself in the past, she remembered the time when she depended by someonelse to survive, when she was thankfull for another chance. Painful memories.   The bath house owner, stop hitting Do young when she saw how mature she is, she saw her desperation too.

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

also liked it when HJ called that  little girl and showed her the drawing.

For some reason SW was completely surprised. :)

I didnt like that Jenny hit HJ.

SW looks kind of miserable as he just stood there and remained silent.

He was definitely pleasantly surprised because she used a different tactic from what he and Jenny would use to get results. Jenny would use her understanding of people, grasping their weaknesses to produce fruit. Sunwoo would generally use physical measures. Hj would use empathy and transparent kindness. 

SW didn’t look miserable at all, he was more like shocked. It’s the same reaction most people would have. Some Hj X Sunwoo shippers will grasp at anything to try to make their ship float. Seriously LOL but then again I would prob do the  same and perhaps done the same in past dramas, so I get it :lol: 

@chubbz and @larus both more than adequately explained the intention of the wake up call slap. 

3 hours ago, larus said:

want to talk about the "Thank You" part. In both situations, the magic word, made the other person defenseless. Jenny projected herself in the past, she remembered the time when she depended by someonelse to survive, when she was thankfull for another chance. Painful memories.   The bath house owner, stop hitting Do young when she saw how mature she is, she saw her desperation too.

Very good critical thinking! I wanted someone to hug jenny at that moment when she was in the bathroom. Like Jh saw her tearing up and I was like brooo, go in and comfort her lol 

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

SW didn’t look miserable at all, he was more like shocked. It’s the same reaction most people would have. Some Hj X Sunwoo shippers will grasp at anything to try to make their ship float. Seriously LOL but then again I would prob do the  same and perhaps done the same in past dramas, so I get it :lol: 

I noticed that too. Every glance became so meanigful. :lol: It was a normal reaction that someone would have had. But in the next episode, indeed Sun woo and Hyun ji will have moments of closeness. They will eat together, smiling at each other, she will put her sleaping head on his shoulder. Typical kdrama moment of a beginning of romantic relationship. It will be interesting to watch Sun Woo`s journey. He needs a relaxed time, where he could explore more his feelings. 

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

I wanted someone to hug jenny at that moment when she was in the bathroom. Like Jh saw her tearing up and I was like brooo, go in and comfort her lol 

No, it wasgood that he let her alone but it was nice that he observed her vulnerable side. I bet he would have wanted to know what happened with her.  Maybe he will have other times when he would comfort her.

The guys in the drama are not in the spotlight, in the center of the story but I wish they be utilised to the maximum in the story. I can`t wait to see who is Jung Hyeok`s father.

Jung hyeok was not involved too much in the family business but from what I see , he is much capable than Ye Nam. It was nice to see him in the TV station not being pasive. Hope to see more of him.

9 minutes ago, larus said:

No, it wasgood that he let her alone but it was nice that he observed her vulnerable side.

You’re right, also it’s good for the audience to see this side of her, feeling all alone for the moment hahaha

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I thought that some of those who saw the video would do the right thing.

But, it looks like the girl who died on the yacht is of no use to anyone.

As if she didnt even exist. 

That`s why the question is why Lee Joo Ho, the one who works with the mayor, did not say anything. He saw Oh Tae-Suk when he threw the victim`s body in the ocean, he recognized him later and knows who he is. 

He participated at the party on the yacht and he was the only one who did not seem to enjoy it, like he was uncomfortable there. He observed everything but not say anything. If I have to assume, I think he was a spy, and he works for Jowang. If he is not someone else`s man, he will use the imformation about the mayor, when he has an interest  (maybe he wants to be the next mayor). 

It is sad that everyone is looking for their own interest, but I believe, in the end, the mayor will pay for his crime.

I am watching the pictures from the next episodes and I see both Jenny and Jung Hyeok in black as they went to a funeral. From the body language, it doesn`t seem that it will be Jung Hyeok`s lover who died. I don`t think he is the one Kim Hye Ok has mentioned in the preview. But we`ll see.

Maybe they went to Jonwang CEO`s funeral.

There is an article about the subtle love triangle of "Lady in Noir". The article summarizes the relationship pf Jenny with the two men.

20191013001048281_1.jpg

The production team said, “Kim Seon-ah, Kim Jae-young, and Kim Tae-hoon are like a light that awakens the emotional feelings in the breathtaking 'Lady's Noir.' It will be a pleasure. ”

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20191013001048281

Actress Kim Hye-won appeared as a scene stealer.
202438_202815_3844.jpg
Kim Hye-won, who is loved for his impressive acting in various fields such as drama, film, theater, and advertisement, plays the role of Choi Bo-a as an announcer with intelligence and beauty in the SBS drama 'Secret Boutique'.

Kim Hye-won's performance, which adds to the drama's immersion, shined even more in 'Secret Boutique', which was broadcast on the 9th. In the broadcast, Choi Bo-a (Kim Hye-won) is depicting a live program issue room featuring Jenny Jang (Kim Sun-ah) and Yu Ye Nam (Park Hee-bon) as a special guest.

http://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=202438

59 minutes ago, larus said:

There is an article about the subtle love triangle of "Lady in Noir". The article summarizes the relationship pf Jenny with the two men.

The production team said, “Kim Seon-ah, Kim Jae-young, and Kim Tae-hoon are like a light that awakens the emotional feelings in the breathtaking 'Lady's Noir.' It will be a pleasure. ”

I think it's a lie or they got tangled up brushes, I mean which love triangle? with Jenny? we have been waiting since the first episodes to see if there would be these possibilities, but they are creating a possile romance SW and HJ.
Anyway I can not wait to see Jenny's revenge

49 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I think it's a lie or they got tangled up brushes, I mean which love triangle? with Jenny? we have been waiting since the first episodes to see if there would be these possibilities, but they are creating a possile romance SW and HJ.
Anyway I can not wait to see Jenny's revenge

The articles always mention about love triangles even when there isn`t one. There is a tension between these three characters but, in the end, it is very possible that Jenny will be single. At least, she has these two handsome men at her side, as friends. 

About love triangles... another one is created in the drama. Sun Woo with Hyun Ji and Ye Eun. It is enough for one character (A) to be interested in someone (B) and that person (B) to like someone else (C) and voila... a "love triangle". Even when A and C don`t stand each other. :lol:

42 minutes ago, mevroupinda said:

glad that kim sun ah make drama every year . i following her since Woman in Dignity . she is so pretty :love:

I am also glad that actresses in her 40s receive offers for first leads in kdramas. Keep it up.

I watched Kim Sun ah in City Hall, Should We Kiss First, Children of Nobody and now Secret Boutique.

I will watch her next drama. :D

How cool is Janny Jang/JJ.

7 hours ago, larus said:

I am watching the pictures from the next episodes and I see both Jenny and Jung Hyeok in black as they went to a funeral. From the body language, it doesn`t seem that it will be Jung Hyeok`s lover who died. I don`t think he is the one Kim Hye Ok has mentioned in the preview. But we`ll see.

Maybe they went to Jonwang CEO`s funeral.

I haven’t checked back to the episode, but wasn’t the wearing all black during the father’s memorial? 

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven’t checked back to the episode, but wasn’t the wearing all black during the father’s memorial? 

OH... you are right. I saw the pictures and I thought they will be from the next episode. They are pictures from the past episodes. :lol:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

For what it's worth I really this girl. She is the character I relate to the most . Romance aside , I hope she will be reunited with her mum. 

Same here. My favorite character :kiss_wink:

I think she will. Saw them in the crew pictures. 

22 hours ago, larus said:

That`s why the question is why Lee Joo Ho, the one who works with the mayor, did not say anything. He saw Oh Tae-Suk when he threw the victim`s body in the ocean, he recognized him later and knows who he is. 

He participated at the party on the yacht and he was the only one who did not seem to enjoy it, like he was uncomfortable there. He observed everything but not say anything. If I have to assume, I think he was a spy, and he works for Jowang. If he is not someone else`s man, he will use the imformation about the mayor, when he has an interest  (maybe he wants to be the next mayor). 

It is sad that everyone is looking for their own interest, but I believe, in the end, the mayor will pay for his crime.

I wasn’t thinking so deep. To me, he chose to keep quiet because there was no hard evidence of foul play? He saw OTS dragging the sack but he never really saw what was inside, and since OTS dumped it into the ocean, it has yet to surface till now. The only person who suspected something happened to the girl, was HJ’s mum and she has since gone missing (we have no idea what really happened after OTS struck her, since things were left intentionally vague for us to guess). So officially, there’s no record of a murder, not even a death, or a case of missing person, so there’s nothing for him to say?

Poor SW...

In many scenes he seems to want to say something but

mostly he just keeps quiet.

Or he looks like he wants to do something on his own but still

doesnt do it.

And then in the evening he sits alone in the dark lost and so handsome...:D

But if he is happy then thats ok. :)

Sweety, fighting...:wub:

1 hour ago, chubbz said:

I wasn’t thinking so deep. To me, he chose to keep quiet because there was no hard evidence of foul play? He saw OTS dragging the sack but he never really saw what was inside, and since OTS dumped it into the ocean, it has yet to surface till now. The only person who suspected something happened to the girl, was HJ’s mum and she has since gone missing (we have no idea what really happened after OTS struck her, since things were left intentionally vague for us to guess). So officially, there’s no record of a murder, not even a death, or a case of missing person, so there’s nothing for him to say?

Maybe he hasn`t the evidence that there was a crime but he definetly knew that Oh Tae suk (he did not know who he was at that time) threw a body in the ocean. He was an eye witness. The face he had when he saw Oh Tae Suk on the elevator was that telling. Maybe he does not suspect the mayor but he really saw Oh Tae Suk and knew something happened that night.

If I remember corectly, the doctor also knew that the victim was druged and died for an over dose (he had a video?  I don`t remember every detail)

Even if there were not a victim`s body or a missing person report, he had the moral duty to report to the police that there was something suspicious on that yacht. The fact that he did not say anything and decided to convince himself that he did not see anything it telling me that he is a coward, at least. But I don`t think he is just a coward, he is an oportunist too and we`ll see if I am right in the comming episodes. Or he already told someone and it was not the time to attack the mayor with this information.  He is not an innocent and naive colaborator of the mayor. I won`t rewatch the episodes but I remember very well how incomfortable he felt at that party, like he did not integrate in the event, like he was an outsider. At that time I thought that it is good that there is someone who could say what happened. But not a word... We`ll see more of him later. 

13 minutes ago, elan1 said:

ah so it’s almost 100% official hj mom is alive. I’m glad there’s a happy ending ^^

yes, she is alive. She won`t appear now because Hyun Ji has to be around Jenny a little more time.

If Kim Yeo Ok want Hyun Ji to tell her things about Jenny, it looks like she still suspects Jenny that she is up to something.  I don`t know why Hyun Ji would agree to spy for her. She promised her informations about her mother, Jenny put her to feed her controlled informations?

I am curious how Mr Choi of Jonwang Group put his hand on a photo of Jenny`s family. From where? 

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

For what it's worth I really this girl. She is the character I relate to the most . Romance aside , I hope she will be reunited with her mum.

Is there a personal reason why you relate to her the most? Did something happen to your mom recently ? : ( 

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Poor SW...

In many scenes he seems to want to say something but

mostly he just keeps quiet.

Or he looks like he wants to do something on his own but still

doesnt do it.

And then in the evening he sits alone in the dark lost and so handsome...:D

Brooding sw is so hot. I’m so jealous of hj resting on his shoulder on next episode, why can’t it be me :tears::lol:

4 hours ago, elan1 said:

Is there a personal reason why you relate to her the most? Did something happen to your mom recently ? : ( 

I think she wanted to say that Hyun ji looks like someone ordinary. Jenny Jang is like a superwoman. Who in this world is like her/ relate to her? :)

We can admire her from afar.

Archived