Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

55 minutes ago, aisling said:

Hide contents

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

I never actually watched any JDY dramas except bits and pieces of School 2017, but when I know he's a 2nd lead there, didn't manage to finish it. And I've been reading lots of comments about his performance in A Poem A Day and his acting prowess. And now, I got to see it here in this drama. I know he was also in Mr. Sunshine.

32 minutes ago, aoikarin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love JDY's character in that drama... and once his character changed inconsistently I dropped the drama..  LOL

But for me, I'm glad he's taking Nokdu's role.. JDY is so beautiful

Totally agree~ can't imagine anyone who can pull of Nokdu :D. He's now already on my actors list^^. I looked up some info about him and so glad he already served in the army so no 2 years waiting for him.. ha ha...

And speaking of those still cuts too, I agree to most of you, I've been burned by the previous still cuts they released last week, you know, that palanquin scene, and I didn't expect the ending of that episode!... HAHA... so I don't think I can say much about it just by looking at the pics coz it can be deceiving at times.

I saw some comments on Twitter that there's a sports game again on Tuesday, but KBS better not delay my TTON again... or else...^---^

Oh yeah!!! It's Monday now my time here..

aace8e3f59b68bd1d4ec54cd1cd26896f43ad912 

CANNOT WAIT !  ! !

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I'm catching up on the episodes right now and I'm barely active in this thread because so many drama watching right now. But... BUT... like: OH DEAR LORD!

++

Credit: DC Gall

Me:

I am coming out of my cave. This pretty -manly-i-dont-know-how-to-define-him lad is the culprit. How does being manly and beautiful pretty merged at the same time in one face. HOW can Nokdu insult us this way ?  :bawling:

ImageImage

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I am coming out of my cave. This pretty -manly-i-dont-know-how-to-define-him lad is the culprit. How does being manly and beautiful pretty merged at the same time in one face. HOW can Nokdu insult us this way ?  :bawling:

The struggle, chingu, the STRUGGLE!

Me seeing Nokdu in female hanbok for the first time:

tenor.gif

But then unwrapping those abs... like:

DopeySafeGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

• LOL 16

@Jillia

No wonder it is under comedy genre. It is so funny it hurts. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

5dac88d1df9c8917219540.gif?download

We need more of these abs , 

@Jillia no shirt back on please :sweat_smile: these abs are fine meat :mrgreen::joy:I wouldn’t get enough of it , like his fiancé :phew:

isn’t Monday already :D

• LOL 14

@LyraYoo @Ameera Ali

That's just the struggle of my life... because then they gave us this, SO early in the drama. And I'm like "WHERE do you want to take this?" and "HOW are you going to resolve that whole cliffhanger?".

15715684341.gif

Credit: DC Gall

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@LyraYoo @Ameera Ali

That's just the struggle of my life... because then they gave us this, SO early in the drama. And I'm like "WHERE do you want to take this?" and "HOW are you going to resolve that whole cliffhanger?".

For me I was wondering first time I watch it :joy: where is this bathroom, I thought there home is only one room , so this widow village they must sleep so early, for  him to walk half naked like this  :joy: 

But love he kissed her maybe to answer her back , when she told him who would like someone dress like woman , the joke on her now :joy: she kind responded to his kiss but how would she denied her feeling now  , run away maybe :(

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

@LyraYoo Hello friend, we meet again. It’s been quite a long time :) I’ve been on a k-drama hiatus for 10 months but thanks to Nokdu I can feel giddy again, it feels like coming home once again LOL. He’s just spectacular in this role, isn’t he? 

@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

jang-dongyoon-award-2015.png

https://www.kpopmap.com/actor-jang-dongyoon-past-heroism-intrigues-koreans/

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, aisling said:

@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

That is true. If you've watched their Entertainment Weekly interview, it was mentioned there. It's how he debuted^^. Although he didn't plan to become an actor, I think it was meant for him to be because just in 4 years, his acting range is really something :D. Here's that interview...

• Like 13

1 hour ago, aisling said:

The GIF is from a drama called A Poem A Day (or You Who Forgot Poetry). It actually has a really endearing female lead and I liked the first half immensely but they pretty screwed up the second half.

Reveal hidden contents

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

Yikes. Then maybe I'll put it on hold. Nokdu is enough to satisfy me with jang dongyoon and kim sohyun going for all that skinship, bare bodied torsos, googly eyes, female assassins and potential bed scene. I won't forgive kbs if they cancel yet another episode this week on short notice.

• Like 11

The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

Maybe they where also impressed with his :joy:

5dac9636cc29b163444633.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

34 minutes ago, aisling said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Who else could possibly play nokdu.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Sohyun  receive food truck support from ‘Bausch + Lomb’ at “The Tale of Nokdu” filming site tonight .

More  BTS video

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, petunia said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Who else could possibly play nokdu.

High 5 :mrgreen:

3dugrx.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Holy Mother Of Pearl. That confident teasing smirk will be the death of me.

26-D7792-E-EB36-43-FA-B9-C6-D50-A03-D6-E

Just purely for research purposes... he worked hard for those abs, his body was less defined last year. 

Spoiler

5-F66263-A-9-A3-E-4196-89-D7-B19-B737-B2

Spoiler

BFC8-A384-3-F7-D-40-A2-8-B5-A-560-D46-A4

And now I’m just going to crawl back to the shame cave... :ph34r:
———

Look how concentrated he is here :lol:

C0-D3-F73-F-4255-416-B-B00-E-83-E64-C420

• Like 8
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 5

5dacb63fbc929274928518.gif?download

Oppa Or unnie  these plump lip are divine & districting  :mrgreen::joy:

download

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 14

After years of silence in a Soompi forum, here I'm again \o/ I'm really enjoying this drama so much. A new fan of Jang Dong Yoon for sure, tbh all the cast is doing an amazing job :relieved: 

Here some adorable fanarts I found in Twitter: 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Oppa Or unnie  these plump lip are divine & districting  :mrgreen::joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Here is preview for next episode. Seems like we are entering the more serious part of the story. Well they have teased us this so buckle up for the bumpy ride ahead :ph34r: 

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Here is preview for next episode. Seems like we are entering the more serious part of the story. Well they have teased us this so buckle up for the bumpy ride ahead :ph34r: 

I am not sure I will be ready for that , I am hoping for more flirting scene from our girl :joy: before serious part start :D

5dace39d8c180848927724.gif?download

• Like 5
  • LOL 12