[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

54 minutes ago, jstgt1501 said:

Today's episode was really shocking :o  and there are two things that I can't stop to think abt lol

1. If ND is in reality the current King's son then he has kissed his own cousin YM :sweatingbullets:

2. I'm suspicious of Nokdu's "father" when in the episode he went to visit Heo Yoon, he said something like "the king's son can return, it's safe, he's intelligent a so on..." I have the feeling he was training his own son to be the king's heir (because i'm of the idea that Nokdu is the real prince)  ND wasn't allowed to study or do what he wants as shown in ep1, meanwhile his brother could do it (?) Hmmmm 

For no. 2, Does that mean he also greedy to put his own son as next king?

IMG-20191022-103539.png

IMG-20191022-103512.png

His dialogue

At least, if I were the King’s son, then having to live, hiding and being chased like this, probably wouldn’t feel so unfair.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I really want Hwangtae to be the King's son at all cost after watching the episode. For the primary reason that I don't want it to be the stupid reason separating ND and DJ with your-father-is-the-king-who-I-wanna-kill-so-we-cannot-be-together type of a thing. Yes, I'm looking at you, Moonlight ^^...

Now, idk where will the writers take this because they introduced another real figure into this, King Injo, which is not in the webtoon, I believe. As much as I'm enjoying the added plot twist, I hope they don't divert much from the webtoon.

So that preview where YM was telling DJ if it's okay to her even if he kills ND happened when he entered the room in ep 6 but was not shown yet. I am not sure if that's one reason why DJ seems scared when ND came, aside from her fear of the dark.

I also hope we can see DJ in action. Besides her revenge plan against the King, she had been pretty much in the sidelines. I wish she can also fight like those female assassins and surprise us or finally show us her skills in archery fighting bad guys.

And can ND and DJ just hook up already?.. lol... I want to see some fluff while we are dealing with this political struggle which I feel is gonna be the focus from now on.

I got to give it to Yulmu that last scene... he's just dang straight scary. I know he might not what he seems to be but I didn't expect his character to make a 180 degree turn. Such a cliffhanger, KBS better give us the episode tonight as they promoted in their IG story.

Unlurking because of Yulmu's PLOT TWIST! Like OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING AND I FOUND MYSELF ACTUALLY GRINNING LIKE CRAZY THE ENTIRE SCENE! 

I got played so hard and I love it! I love it that he isn't just some second male lead! boy has an agenda! hell yeah! Also OH MY GOD THE ACTOR IS SO GOOD??!?! I spent the previous episodes feeling sorry for him for having a one sided crush on the female lead and finding him kinda cute and gentle... when he went up those stares in slow mo smiling LIKE SOME KIND OF PSYCHOPATH I WA SHOOKETH! The way he cold-bloodedly killed that man, his gracious sword movements, his creepy confident smile, and his eyes!  HE WAS HOT OKAY! Totally unpredictable which made it 200% more effective!

I am actually still not over that his epic kiss with Nok Du and he pull out a twist like this one?! But I'm all about it! Scared for my babies but hella excited! 

At least people are still searching and reading about this drama despite the decrease in ratings... even Flower Crew decreased, so it probably had to do with Catch the Ghost. 

A dose of Kang Tae Oh for those still in shock of Yulmu... HAHA...

When can we see KSH and JDY do a couple photoshoot too? I definitely wanna see one :D...

Yay, we're seeing that fishing scene tonight ♡♡♡

ctto

I'm still trying to process what just happened in episode 11-12. That twist. Understatement to say I did not see that coming. I was annoyed by the ministers and their politicking taking away plot time from nokdu and dongjoo but now that twist. I'm fully invested with all the politicking. To hell with ratings that was a brilliant episode and if the local audience can't see how amazing this drama is its their loss. If we got this cliffhanger last week I might have lost my mind waiting for new episodes. Baseball needs to go give me psychotic yulmu he is hot. What does that make dongjoo? A potential princess? Her family background hasn't fully been revealed yet has it. 

Just finish watching with subtitle.

It seems that Nokdu heard all Dongjoo and Yulmu conversation and knew abt Dongjoo background. So he's just nobody, while she is much higher class - grandchild of king counsellor who was betrothed to a king-in-line. He'd step back. That's why he pushed her back to the gisaeng house... It makes sense.

The Muwol assassin found dead must be killed by Yulmu bcs she sneaked around Dongjoo house. Maybe from her, Yulmu learned abt Muwol and Heoyoon.

So Heo Yoon got Hwang Tae now, they both think HT is the king's child. Ok, fine, but we already have Yulmu as an antagonist, pls keep HT in Nokdu's side. 

I was hoping for a light sageuk with no king/crown prince. But see what i'm doing here :tears: However, writer-nim, let the story move on. Dont make these miserable widows be wallflower or tool to those political thing. AND PLEASE, LET DONGJU DO SOMETHING. At least, there should have had a scene she got mad because ND stayed out all night, why it just happened in AD saying? Lesser political and shocking thing please~~~

BTW, they were filming in a flower field. It's DJ and ND and PD-nim, I guess.

rgALIcX.jpg

Cre: DC

I just watched last night's episode -- took a lot for me to refrain from coming to the thread to read before watching it cos I saw some spoiler hints. Like, OMG! *in shock* And so off I scuttled to read about him in history and not unexpectedly, King Injo is regarded as one of the weakest kings in Joseon history. What a plot twist to find out that Yulmu is King Gwanghae's cousin, and quite an evil one at that! But in history, he supposedly lived with no political ambition, until Yeongchanggun's death (which was actually a result of an execution). So in this story so far, looks like Yulmu wants the Greater Northerners to install him as King? But in history he has the support of the Westerners faction. So who are his supporters here? The head Giseang? I wonder if Dongjoo has always known that he is a prince. And was it her father who had hidden King Seonjo's secret "other" decree?

The complete plot twist should be... Cha Yool-moo being shirtless too and showing another 6 pack. Abs battle, fight!

Now seriously, I wish the ratings decrease is not due to Kim So-hyun fans. As @kshuuuuuw, @valNK and others have pointed out, her character DDJ is slowly fading to black in this episode and we still got this 'Ruler, Master of the Mask' trauma. When politics and action come on stage, scripts use to be male centered. But TTON has shown us it's ready to reverse all tropes and I trust the writers to develop a good role to --remember!-- the female lead.

Can you imagine it wasn't Yool-mo, but Dong Dong-Jo coming into the hidden palace in slow motion, carrying a bloodstained sword and smirking like a psycho? Surely I would be (fan)screaming for ten hours after finishing the episode!

Anyway... who's with me in the #teamYool-MoistheHottestBoyinTTON?

I'm super confused watching ep 6.. so far this is my understanding.. please correct me if I'm wrong.

• King Gwanghae became the King because of the kingmaker "Heo" instead of getting his throne from his father. His father indeed gave out his dying wish to his counselor (Dong Ju's Grandfather) to give the throne to Gwanghae's half brother, Prince Yeongchang (who was killed in ep 6 by Cha Yool Mu, Prince Jeongwon).
  • Dong Ju's grandfather has hidden agenda, he didn't exercise the late King's wish but he wanted the throne for his family by making Dong Ju as Yool Mu's queen.
  • Dong Ju's family killed by Heo and the KING because the King wants to destroy the last will of the Late king 
  • Heo has hidden agenda, using the wish of the Late King, he wants to replace King GwangHae with Prince Yeongchang (follow the late king's wish) to gain more power?
  • Yoolmu pretends away from the politics but he was active since conspiring with Dong Ju's grandfather, then later work underground with head gisaeng cheon. 
  • Yoolmu is indeed the big boss. Women assassin is organised by head gisaeng cheon (the Boss) who is actually double agent. she works for Yoolmu but pretend to work for Heo (the fake Boss)?
  • Yoolmu wants the Kingmaker Heo work for him to replace King Gwanghae

So it means Yoolmu and Dong ju are at the same side, while Nokdu is the other side... Omooooo wenniri ni wennirini?!? #anotherMDBC'splot #pleasewriter #becreative

My guessing for next few eps

(from preview) Heo meet Hwang Tae.

2 possibilities to me :

A. Hwang tae was captured by Heo's minion. Heo might not work for Yoolmu. He mistook Hwang Tae as King's son and plan to use Hwang Tae as king Gwanghae's replacement and gain more power

B. Hwang Tae was captured by Yool mo who knew that HT is Jung's son. Heo was fooled by YM and let him meet Hwang tae who furious with the king for making his life miserable. Trio will work together for a coup

Yoolmu knows he has a cousin from Gwanghae line and is suspecting Nokdu, waiting for the right moment to kill him.

Nokdu's foster parent (Jung Yeon Joo) up to now is still loyal to Gwanghae. He'll meet Gwanghae  and told the King that Heo is still holding the Late King's letter.

The king will let Jung live and put his honor back. Nokdu will live as Jung's son and will live as yangban without anyone knows about his identity (for a while)

Nokdu will take Dong Ju (and Aeng Du *buy1 plus1) along wherever he goes and Please let the romance plot go full force..

51 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

The complete plot twist should be... Cha Yool-moo being shirtless too and showing another 6 pack. Abs battle, fight!

Now seriously, I wish the ratings decrease is not due to Kim So-hyun fans. As @kshuuuuuw, @valNK and others have pointed out, her character DDJ is slowly fading to black in this episode and we still got this 'Ruler, Master of the Mask' trauma. When politics and action come on stage, scripts use to be male centered. But TTON has shown us it's ready to reverse all tropes and I trust the writers to develop a good role to --remember!-- the female lead.

Can you imagine it wasn't Yool-mo, but Dong Dong-Jo coming into the hidden palace in slow motion, carrying a bloodstained sword and smirking like a psycho? Surely I would be (fan)screaming for ten hours after finishing the episode!

Anyway... who's with me in the #teamYool-MoistheHottestBoyinTTON?

Hahahaha.. Please give DDJ her primetime too.. I hope she's not the next Han Ga Eun!

It would be real cool to have badass + physco female lead!  

Lmao han ga eun. Such a stressful character hahaha hopefully the writers are not going for that path where they just forgot about DJ's storyline and execute it in a way that would make me want to stab myself. repeatedly. :innocent:

Honestly, im kind of tired of DJ pushing ND away. Like i get her motives and all, but i want something fluffy and romantic. In the stills, she still look angry and annoyed. Its kind of killing their chemistry in my humble opinion lol

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

This is why I really want Hwangtae to be the King's son at all cost after watching the episode. For the primary reason that I don't want it to be the stupid reason separating ND and DJ with your-father-is-the-king-who-I-wanna-kill-so-we-cannot-be-together type of a thing. Yes, I'm looking at you, Moonlight ^^...

Now, idk where will the writers take this because they introduced another real figure into this, King Injo, which is not in the webtoon, I believe. As much as I'm enjoying the added plot twist, I hope they don't divert much from the webtoon.

So that preview where YM was telling DJ if it's okay to her even if he kills ND happened when he entered the room in ep 6 but was not shown yet. I am not sure if that's one reason why DJ seems scared when ND came, aside from her fear of the dark.

I also hope we can see DJ in action. Besides her revenge plan against the King, she had been pretty much in the sidelines. I wish she can also fight like those female assassins and surprise us or finally show us her skills in archery fighting bad guys.

And can ND and DJ just hook up already?.. lol... I want to see some fluff while we are dealing with this political struggle which I feel is gonna be the focus from now on.

I got to give it to Yulmu that last scene... he's just dang straight scary. I know he might not what he seems to be but I didn't expect his character to make a 180 degree turn. Such a cliffhanger, KBS better give us the episode tonight as they promoted in their IG story.

I really hope DJ can fight. In ruler (yes...we going back to that drama...) KSH character was described as a good fighter but some how along the line, her character become just a side line. Which is so sad for KSH and the story line.

I hope the writer will not forget DJ. She has her own plot. She was planning to kill the King for revenge. By bringing forth so many twist on the story line, the writer might forget who is the main character that need to be develop along the way to reach that climax.

We also see DJ as a clever girl when she can make that instrument to help ND steal the gold  elephant (?). 

5 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

I hope the writer will not forget DJ. She has her own plot. She was planning to kill the King for revenge. By bringing forth so many twist on the story line, the writer might forget who is the main character that need to be develop along the way to reach that climax.

Our Dong Ju is madly in love with Nokdu.. we saw that she's curious with whatever Nokdu did. She even investigated the patrol about the assistant captain of Ganghwa island. She waited for him day and night in front of the gate, back to their hut and even Aeng Du couldn't sleep because of her yelling in the middle of the night. She told herself that it's time for her to leave the village, but the next scene she's back to Nokdu's house and mad at herself.. She in the phase "can't hold her cough" Hahahahaha.. Please confess and kiss him back Dong Ju ah.. before your cough getting worse..

I'm excited to see their fishing date (eventhough they'll have a bonus Aeng doo tagging along) lol

41 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

I really hope DJ can fight. In ruler (yes...we going back to that drama...) KSH character was described as a good fighter but some how along the line, her character become just a side line. Which is so sad for KSH and the story line.

We also see DJ as a clever girl when she can make that instrument to help ND steal the gold  elephant (?). 

Never watched Ruler so am not sure about her character there, but from the looks of it, it seems she was sidelined there. But I agree, as we didn't expect that twist in Yulmu's character, I still believe we have yet to see DJ's deeper character arc as well. I know this drama is more about Nokdu as the title suggests, but I also want DJ's character to be at least on par with him. 

Buzzworthy Drama...

Top 4. Tale of Nokdu

buzzworthy-drama.jpg 

Buzzworthy actor... unfortunately, KSH was not in top 10 last week.

7. JANG DONG YOON

buzzworthy-cast.jpg 

:crazy:Yoolmu so creepy 

That won't do AD you should .....

d8Y90jf.gif

Crush him with your hand:sweatingbullets: oh well...you've fallen again with another man you betrayed ND:P

ZKeZhju.gif

DJ you liarnNbKaE0.gif

gAhaSIr.gif

Spoiler

uhmm the subtitle say so hot..about the part ND rolling on the floor ... did he burned his butt while sliding 

HAHAHAHAHA:joy:

x0bD9A9.gif

I have to admit...he actually rolling in style better than below

uZjJUvg.gif

He will be DEAD when he reached there :joy:

OMG my tears out from laughing, i couldn't believe how my imagination run wild. The fact this episode is getting darker i still manage to humur myseft:sweat_smile:

Are there going to cancel today episode again :weary:

Jy1i909.gif

Archived