[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

If I were ND, this scene would give me trauma for yearsss.

EJqYJ-3UcAA9hsS?format=jpg&name=large

I like it anw.

DJ is so badass today. I always feel excited whenever fm lead in action and shock the male lead LOL 

It makes me think if she met ND's foster father sooner, thing may go right for her.

She really has good relationship with her all-kind-of father-in-law :joy:

EJqTpTcUUAAW91K?format=jpg&name=medium

However, I feel like the story is almost done, but there're still 2 episodes left. I wonder what else would happen next. Of course, the King can not die that simple. And this drama may end before YM dethrones him. But whatever it is, just let our Dongjeon stay together, fight together and get married in the last episode. 

PS: I was a bit surprised when seeing the still cut. How handsome Kim So hyun :wub:. Looking at her side profile, I even thought that was jang dong yoon.

And after this ep, I just wish she'd have an action movie in the future.

Spoiler

70898016_2529903657087739_5813445493077835776_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQnCqEmiYlAx11e6k-kn2lyHB7QNEwmfCBT0869nB4fZtJvCXlbhD_vs4ylDMD6mb0oBObTCqd9BvWYisruOflL5&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg3-2.xx&oh=4f13cdb0698e557ec3797190297b7254&oe=5E484A1B

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ameera Ali   It's poetic justice for the King to 

Spoiler

die(?) from slipping and falling off the cliff... For a person who spent so many years trying to guard his precious throne by using some of the most ruthless means possible (including attempting to murder his own son), there is no more tragic way to die. I'm glad that Dongju wasn't the one to take his life. She chose to use her (last?) arrow to shoot the traitor who was about to harm Nokdu, because saving Nokdu's life meant more to her than taking revenge on the King. 

And in classic k-dramas, the good guys either have an unlimited number of arrows or never enough. Hollywood is guilty of this too (think Legolas in LOTR).

And finally.... the preview!

Wow, I can't believe this made me un-lurk here. But it can't be helped. I have been tempted to post here for a few weeks already. This drama is just so good! It deserves more people to praise it on the loop. :D And I am a huge drama consumer, so I fear I will be a regular visitor from now on.

I love JDY and KSH together. They made the story magical. Their acting is amazing.

What had me post here today is a feeling I have about the ending. I somehow can't imagine Nokdu not jumping down that cliff. I have a feeling he would not let the king drown. Also, the fact that he is an island guy and swimming pro... when is the better time to use it than now at this scene? And the fact they didn't show anything between the cliff and ND coming to talk to the guard... I don't know, if the king is still floating in that water, I think that's a great plot hole.

That said, I am so hyped for tomorrow! I don't think they are really going to air two episodes, but if they do, I am going to jump from the excitement.

Why do I feel like the King willingly let go of his hand when DJ grabbed his hand... still don't like him. BUT if at that moment, if the thought of seeing DJ extending her hand to him despite the tough life she's gone through made him regret everything he's done, then I may forgive him. Forgiveness is always at the top of my vocabulary anyway, so :)...

Uri Prince Nokdu looking FINE in the ending scene :wub:

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-5.gif 

@dramaonion I'm glad you decided to unlurk^^.. you should have done so earlier.. haha.. but yeah, welcome and join us for the remaining episodes of this brilliant drama :)

I agree. Tomorrow's ep will probably show what happened to the King. I don't think he just died there. Usually if it's nearing the end of the episode, there are some scenes not shown which they'll show in the beginning of the next or through a flashback.

Preview YT VERSION

Mom AND ND reunite, Mom Is Glad ND Is Alive

YM With His Loyalists Vs ND With King's Loyalists (Kings Loyalists Seems Losing)

YJ Tries To Save And Make HT Escape But Got Wounded. Did He Die? I Hope Not.

YM Tries To Aim At ND, DJ  Goes In Front Protecting ND.

5 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

with all swords behind nokdu that stand there watching , no surprise YM ask his right hand man to finish work :joy:

Dan Ho aka the most overworked bodyguard in Joseon times... I hope we get a glimpse of his back story in the final episodes, just so that we understand his unflinching loyalty to Grand Prince Neungyang despite his master's ruthless ways.

I spot Nokdu. Crew all posting D-7 updates!

@Sky8lue I feel sorry for this man , he is the  most unlucky man in drama , he keep bleeding in every situation :joy: for sure He work hard to get the unsung hero  ( dead of course) hero title :D

15740938361574093804.gif

So Couldn’t our girl give him dead man title stop be crazy & asking to be dead :mrgreen:

15740928071574092785.gif

@Sky8lue Oooh... looks like they're shooting in a beautiful field again :wub:

@Ameera Ali Well, we all know YM can't even beat Nokdu so he has to rely on Dan Oh -_-. Gonna be sad if he dies, if only he is serving the right man like Nokdu ^^... but I admire his loyalty, I stan those people :)

The recap is done... if anyone is interested to read it while waiting for subs :D

https://www.dramamilk.com/the-tale-of-nokdu-episode-14-27-28-live-recap/ 

ok I concluded that I definitely need subs to understand today's episodes. I really really really want to know whats happening but I can't understand it!!! :bawling: It feels like all secrets are out so we are headed straight into resolution and hopefully a happy wedding filled finale with lots of cute DongJeon moments!!

Phew:sweatingbullets: What a harrowing ep.:blink:

I actually want Nok Du to be King with Dong Ju his Queen...please, please drama make it happen!

Btw Yul Mu look really fine in his all Black garb; ;) yea I'm shallow so sue me:P So happy that Nok Du got to reunite with his Mother, looks like he got his kindness from her :D Now so close to finale, it will be an epic battle between good & evil. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, rocat said:

You are very observant! 

This scene has appeared in every page so far I think so it must strike a significant chord. I couldn’t put a finger on why until I read an interpretation of this scene from a blog that made me suddenly shy watching it again, and again...keke

quoting @packmule3 

(If you read this, I hope it’s okay to quote you here!)

“They aren’t really doing much. She’s just wrapping the bandage around his waist. But it’s the visual image. He’s just sitting still and she’s the one, on him, moving in and out. She’s the one in control of the rhythm and depth of closeness. She can do it faster or she can lean in more if she wanted to. Do you get what I’m saying? lol.

I think it’s subtle and “artistic” how kdramas can evoke steamy sex scenes without showing body parts and grunting moves. And the amusing part is these are easy to miss.”

Sorry for being late to respond. But sure, go ahead, post anything from my blog. You know I'm proud to come up with deviant and outré perspectives. lol. I dare go where the innocents and angels fear to tread. :naughty:

Looking forward to the last episode! Fighting!

Who do y’all think will save the king from the waters? 

Master Hwang?

Little Aengdoo? She spots him in the water?

Heo Yoon? It would super ironic if he saved the man who tortured him and tries to kill him. 

Female Villagers/Female warriors? 

ratings 

Ep.27 5.6% Ep.28 6.5%  :mellow:

Archived