[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lightbringer06 @petunia You're most welcome!! :wub:

OK folks I really really need to recommend this instagram: drama_johaa. This person does AWESOME posts on Korean culture based on Korean dramas and one of the dramas she covers is The Tale of Nokdu. If you have insta please please follow her or see her posts. Like, she didn't ask me to do this I just love her posts so much lol! These are some egs: 

5dd27f854c7d8327107889.jpg?download

@Sky8lue & @jeonghyang , @lightbringer06 I think our girl need to change her mission :joy: she want to assassinate the king in broad light , wearing nothing dark to camouflage with when she told the  old guy about her plan & he snitch on her , come on give us break :D

** king would appreciate to die on professional way  :sweatingbullets:

@kiraning Thank you for recommending drama_johaa IG. Always appreciate informative and thoughtful resources like these. So hard to come by! And she even does English translations of the BTS!

@Ameera Ali I seriously hope that it's only the stills that are shot in bright daylight! Dongju dressed as her male alter ego Kim Won Shik and trying to assassinate the King smells like a foolhardy move. Maybe the stills are misleading us, and she's aiming the arrow at something/someone else? #fingerscrossed #preparefortheunexpected

The king's body guard informs the king that yeonsoo is dead and that his real name is ND!!!!!! the king now knows that ND IS HIS SON. He is in disbelief and demands to see ND to ask him in person. King cries as he recalls his memories with ND, including the conversation at the swing, climbing up the mountain, and the time ND shed tears in front of the king. He is now angry that ND tried to fool him, and takes a sword while he tries to personally find ND.

Conspirators are also trying to find ND to kill him. Before the king gets to ND he is stopped by one of the consipiring ministers. Minister says some sarcastic crap and then draws his sword on the king. King runs away. He is now at a cliff.

Here, he finds DJ. he wonders why DJ is here and in man's clothing. DJ asks the king to throw away his sword and points her bow at the king. She demands him to answer her questions.

At the same time, the king's guards and convoy are looking all over for the king. 

Cliff: the king throws away his sword and asks DJ why she is doing this. DJ reveals her real identity. The king is shocked to find out, and then laughs and remarks sarcastically that she has lived a tough life despite her young age. The king asks if she is trying to kill him. He says, i guess that's why you approached me, just like that guy (ND).

ND finds DK pointing her bow at the king, at the same time evil minister spots ND. 

DJ says that she has waited her whole life for revenge, thinking that it will give her happiness, however, she is disappointed to find out that she has to kill someone who is not even worthy to be human. She states that the king does not believe anyone, and is just merely a shell. DJ cries as she aims at the king, shoots, and seemingly miss. Instead, she actually shot the evil minister who was trying to kill ND. DJ tells the king that she does not have to kill him. 

King slips at the cliff's face, DJ is shocked, the king grabs her hand. She holds on to him, however, he slips. DJ almost falls off the cliff, but is saved in time by ND. King falls off the cliff and into the river. DJ and ND stares in shock at the river before them

ND is back at the king's resting place. a guard asks ND if he has seen the king. ND informs he has something to say.

Scene flashes to ND's dad and queen, ND's dad tells the queen something bad has happened. 

scene: palace and YM

ND arrives with a carriage behind him. 

Backflash: ND informs one of the king's guard about YM's conspiracy. 

scene: palace and YM
YM approaches ND, and tells him he has worked hard. ND draws his sward at YM. ND informs he is here to stop the coup. ND's legion of guards enters the scene. AND THE PLOT THICKENS.

that's all from me folks

NEXT EP PREVIEW:

Queen hugs ND, says she is sorry. FUGGGGG ND'S DAD IS SLAYED BY ONE OF YM'S GUARDS WHILE TRYING TO SAVE ND'S BROTHER. DJ tells ND she can no longer live without him. (ok im sorry but this is all i caught while watching the really REALLY QUICK preview.)

OKK THAT'S REALLY ALL FROM ME FOLKs, time for me to get back to study for finals haha 

Also i'm sorry if there are any mistakes, the recap might not be 100% accurate 

23 minutes ago, icryforattention said:

The king's body guard informs the king that yeonsoo is dead and that his real name is ND!!!!!! the king now knows that ND IS HIS SON. He is in disbelief and demands to see ND to ask him in person. King cries as he recalls his memories with ND, including the conversation at the swing, climbing up the mountain, and the time ND shed tears in front of the king. He is now angry that ND tried to fool him, and takes a sword while he tries to personally find ND.

Conspirators are also trying to find ND to kill him. Before the king gets to ND he is stopped by one of the consipiring ministers. Minister says some sarcastic crap and then draws his sword on the king. King runs away. He is now at a cliff.

Thank you so much for the recap my stream wasnt working seems like an exciting episode, yet again i top  page without having something to share.. so sorry:persevere:

Crew just posted this very cute clip :lol:

Webtoon author's + hubby's reaction to tonight's episode. Her caption says something along the lines of wanting tomorrow to come faster, but also not wanting tomorrow to come. She must be feeling conflicted like us viewers because we are approaching the finale  :bawling:

seems like most of the story will wrap up in tomorrow's episode, although i really have no idea where we are going with the coup (idk if it will be successful, because from the preview it seems like it won't be. but we all know that in history, the coup was successful. 

also it seems that currently no one knows if the king is dead or alive (seemingly no effort has been shown to find him after he fell off the cliff)

if anyone has the link to the preview pls pls pls send it here. i really want to see the preview again but i dont have the time to go and find it or the patience to refresh kbs' social media for it haha

Looking at some spoiler clips, gotta say this drama is just ah-ma-zing... I totally love the unpredictability of it. I know Nokdu is always 10 steps ahead of YM :glasses:...

If there's no coup, I would be happy about it actually and YM not getting the throne. He may be based in a historical figure but this is fiction after all, so I would want the writers to go that route.

Archived