[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH MY GAAADDDDDDD 

MY HEART IS....OMG I'M GOING CRAZY

THEIR SKINSHIPS ARE MAKING ME WILD RN!!!!! YOU KNOW THAT FEELING WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE THE BUS AND YOU'VE JUST SEEN DONGYOON&SOHYUN'AS LATEST BTS/THE MAKING VID WITH THEIR SKINSHIP AND SWEETNESS AHHHH I KEEP SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT HERE... SOMEONE STOP ME....I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME AND WATCH THE WHOLE BTS VIDEO. 

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT THIS WAY??? SERIOUSLY THEIR CLOSENESS IS GIVING ME A LOT OF FEELSSSSS BUTTERFLIES IN MU STOMACH ARE GOING WILD.

Hopefully someone will upload the whole video with full engsubs. 

Feels like KBS is trying to keep viewers well fed up to our final episodes! The BTS is another  :love:  the two of them are really cute together, I'm trying hard not to ship IRL. Please see ND DJ have a happy ending so I can keep rewatching again and again! 

2 hours ago, PuppyMacaron said:

Hopefully someone will upload the whole video with full engsubs. 

I was thinking about doing that but then I saw on Instagram that ssohyun.k had translated pretty much all of it? And I think it should be more accurate than if I try it. The only parts that are missing are the captions, and PD-nim attempting more skinship with Nokdu (LOLOLOL). So I don't know. I could still sub it if people want. 

Everytime I think Dongyoon and Sohyun can't get any closer, they somehow surprise me. I love how Sohyun has really opened up to him and they used to have a more physical distance (obviously raised well keke) but now it's lessened! 

As the end is fast approaching, i notice that DY became more comfortable and he's getting bold too....expressive with what he feels at the moment around Sohyun. I'm really giggling and enjoying their bts videos. Thank you KBS for being generous, hope you'll give us more....xDD
#macaroncouple 

I don't have anything very useful to add just want to say I like them both a lot. To me they seem like two very sensible, smart and kind young people and they make me feel very strongly about wanting to see them succeed and finding happiness. I want to see them walk away with many awards at the year end ceremony. Especially the best couple award is a must win for them. 

54 minutes ago, jstgt1501 said:

The Tale of Nokdu in TVN show: Amazing Saturday!  :D

For a second there, I thought they will guest in the show. But then again, I was like, "But TTON is KBS"... HAHA... turns out it was just a quiz question related to it :D

45 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@lightbringer06 clearly are couple now :joy:

I don’t know who is who :mrgreen:, there dance signature are impressive for sure :D

HAHA... not only they match clothes in every interview they had... treating each other like babies.. now, they also have the same aegyo dance :kiss_wink:

11 minutes ago, kiraning said:

I was thinking about doing that but then I saw on Instagram that ssohyun.k had translated pretty much all of it? And I think it should be more accurate than if I try it. The only parts that are missing are the captions, and PD-nim attempting more skinship with Nokdu (LOLOLOL). So I don't know. I could still sub it if people want.

Please still do, chingu... I want to read also the captions :D. Would really appreciate it also :kiss_wink:

@PuppyMacaron Same dear... same ^^... you're not the only one... HAHA...

Btw, I just noticed...

Spoiler

Pinoy ka din? :tounge_xd:

Can someone make a shipping thread for these two... LOL... I feel bad spazzing about KSH and JDY out of the drama context :blush:

On 11/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, lightbringer06 said:

Thanks~!...how about a shipping thread for our Macaron Couple?

Haha, these are tougher to keep going LOL. I remember starting one for Kim Young Kwang and Jin ki Joo and it was fun while it lasted, but I was gone from the forum for months since I wasn't watching anything new. But please feel free to start one, I'd be happy to support.  As it is I've been googling the crap out of insta and twitter hashtags for JDY, KSH and TTON. You can follow this link. Fighting!! :P

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Can someone make a shipping thread for these two... LOL... I feel bad spazzing about KSH and JDY out of the drama context

haha I agree, i think its against rules or something to talk non drama stuff in drama threads, not sure. anyway, can use JDY's personal forum in the meanwhile. Afterall this is potential / probable dating discussion for him haha, totally related, very important stuff :D cc @ChunSungIm @PuppyMacaron @Gi @elan1 @Ameera Ali

@kiraning +1 on the request for subbed video if possible haha! much love <3

Can someone make a shipping thread for these two... LOL... I feel bad spazzing about KSH and JDY out of the drama context :blush:

I never start shipping thread before but for you friend  :wub:& that me with this couple :joy:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, kkddrraammaa said:

Haha, these are tougher to keep going LOL. I remember starting one for Kim Young Kwang and Jin ki Joo and it was fun while it lasted, but I was gone from the forum for months since I wasn't watching anything new. But please feel free to start one, I'd be happy to support.  As it is I've been googling the crap out of insta and twitter hashtags for JDY, KSH and TTON. You can follow this link. Fighting!! :P

haha I agree, i think its against rules or something to talk non drama stuff in drama threads, not sure. anyway, can use JDY's personal forum in the meanwhile. Afterall this is potential / probable dating discussion for him haha, totally related, very important stuff :D

HAHA... lol... I see. But why was it tougher to keep it going though? Just wondering. I was about to really start one, but since my dear friend @Ameera Ali volunteered, it's solved now :kiss_wink:

19 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I never start shipping thread before but for you friend  :wub:& that me with this couple :joy:

Yay~~ kamsa, chingu :heart:... HAHA.. we are just desperate, no? :joy:

***Annyeong! Just have to share this well written article about the leads great chemistry/acting that are causing heart fluttering moments with the audience! ****

Compilation of Dong-Jeon couple's most romantic scenes in "Nokdu"

The production crew announced Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun's romantic still cuts in the drama "The Tale Of Nokdu".

Spoiler

8d3296d872243e8caecdadff0d8c6767.jpg?typ

On November 16, the Mon-Tue drama "The Tale Of Nokdu" (KBS2, scriptwriter: Lim Ye Jin/ Baek So Yeon, director: Kim Dong Hwi, Kang Soo Yeon) revealed the picturesque photos of the two main actors in the heart-fluttering scenes.

In episodes 25 and 26 of "The Tale Of Nokdu", Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun) learned that Nokdu (played by Jang Dong Yoon) was the son of the king whom she was attempting to assassinate. Although the two's goal was to take revenge on King Gwang Hae (played by Jung Joon Ho), they couldn't confide the truth for fear that the other one might be in danger. After knowing everything, Dong Joo and Nokdu eventually had to separate in regret, which made audiences feel heartbroken.

BdlixwY1BI5m637095057901625686.jpg

Spoiler

SgrMTaG859a8637095057639729251.jpg

Xw5PPDl61fIT637095057725830960.jpg

DK6RFB691xEd637095057989906938.jpg

jVRYCpwDdsDD637095057823344383.jpg

Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon are making the audience heartbroken with a deeper and deeper love affair through each episode with the subtly-expressed emotion flow. Above all, from the romantic scenes to the battle for power in the palace, the pair's abilities to express the emotions are perfectly combined with the solid storyline, thereby making the audience unable to take their eyes off. Having gone through the period of denying the affection for the other, Nokdu and Dong Joo continued to bring heartrending moments when the two hearts cannot reach each other. The sincere affection between Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun is also increasingly more deepened as the two face heartbreaking separation.

74670571_718243915330517_460289542171921

Spoiler

z5ArONHXaUV4637095057293010468.jpg

Z3OWOhQFZ6aa637095057550041718.jpg

TccbnXc3mywT637095055458566911.jpg

Just seeing unreleased images of "Dong-Jeon couple" that has been creating unique footages through each episode also made audiences' hearts flutter. Nokdu and Dong Joo's date on the flowery road under the moonlight, the gentle kiss on the back of hands wearing a flower ring and the surprising back hug of Dong Joo are the best scenes, heralding a pure and innocent love story. In particular, the couple's scene of kisses on eyes, nose, and lips became a hot topic and got explosive reactions from the audience. This scene created a "breathtaking" moment with just their earnest gazes at each other, thereby highlighting the chemistry of the two actors. Despite repeatedly watching the romantic and warm moments of the couple that has overcome their stormy days to get together, the audience still feel touched.

Ash09JetvCQY637095056845646053.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

yPdbYFyhVX3c637095056935802298.jpg

Ny3Rfycgv5Ni637095057016120374.jpg

nwh262kzeIM0637095055740923788.jpg

Spoiler

pBJxu8Tx6Daf637095057210354240.jpg

PId0di8jbglP637095057122693667.jpg

NxVSHFzuL2u3637095055560294040.jpg

The farewell kiss breaking viewers' hearts is a noticeable scene. Nokdu wanted Dong Joo to stay by his side but she had to leave because she did not want to hurt him, the two's passionate eyes at the moment two hearts became one made the audience feel touched. Two actors showed delicate acting when conveying the emotion just with the gaze, thereby bringing an outstandingly sad and painful scene.

The production crew of "The Tale of Nokdu" said, "Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun's perfect acting collaboration and top-notch visuals are all the top 'contributors' to enhancing the romantic index of the drama. The storyline getting tighter and tighter is in line with the development intriguing till the last minute; thus, we really hope to receive audiences' interest."

"The Tale Of Nokdu" is aired at 10 pm (KST) every Monday and Tuesday on KBS2.

Cr OSEN = Reporter Jang Woo Young /elnino8919@osen.co.kr Photos from iMBC

Below is a more comprehensive translation of yesterday's most talked-about BTS from JDY's weibo fanclub (their subs are in CN which I've translated into EN as best I can). Source of CN subs: Temperature张东润中文首站

Caption: (Running over to hug) Two people rehearsing for the most bittersweet backhug scene

JDY:  If I don't appear on the screen, I can do it like this?

(note: he is referring to Nokdu being pushed forward slightly due to the sudden impact from Dongju's forceful backhug.)

Caption: (Weak legs) Disciplining Beagle Nokdu at once

KSH: Oppa, you need to hold on. Are you legs weak? Hehehe. Cannot, cannot (she says "andwae, andwae" in korean). You must do it properly.

(note: JDY is lightly rubbing KSH's hands that are wrapped around his waist - this is scripted by the way)

KSH (asking lady PD-nim): Oh...why do we need to do it like this?

(note: KSH seems to be flustered by the skinship.)

JDY:  What's wrong...?

Lady PD-nim:  Because Nokdu likes Dongju. That's why he's showing it like this.

JDY:  Yes, it's because of liking (he says "chuwa" in korean).

JDY  + Caption: (Sad) Liking. Said it's because of liking. Liking so much (he says" nomu chuwa" in korean).

(note: Korean language does not use personal pronouns, so he doesn't actually use "I" or "you" in the above.)

Guy PD-nim:  I also like Nokdu a lot!

(note: PD doesn't use "I" but we all know he means himself hahaha).

Everyone breaks out into laughter.

(Skipping the part where KSH's being interviewed about the crying scene. She executes the scene excellently in one take and finishes cutely with "Oh yeah. Finished it in one take!")

Continuing from 01:09 mark of the video:

JDY:  Ah....can Dongju do it instead?

Caption: (I like Nokdu too) PD-nim who stole Nokdu's backhug

JDY: Ah... it's nice (alternative translation: "I like this". He says "jo-ah" in korean)

Caption: PD-nim sneaking an opportunity to have skinship with Nokdu

KSH:  Oppa is locking your limbs.

JDY (denying): No...

Guy PD-nim: Relax your posture a little.

Caption:  (Beagle Nokdu) Dongju trainer restraining the prank

KSH:  Suddenly (acts out JDY's action) hahaha

Caption: (Wild Rose Youth Nokdu) Even if it is painful or sad, I won't cry!

KSH:  Doing this action while saying "I will not cry!"

Everyone breaks into laughter.

Caption:  (Started as good friends who joked around) To the heartrending romance. Two people who immersed themselves with the emotions of the scene.

PD-nim:  Cut! Ok!

(They complete filming the "crying" backhug scene.)

PD-nim:  It tugged at my heartstrings.

KSH:  (gently pats JDY on the back) You cried well. (Explaining to BTS film crew) I felt heartbroken. When I embraced him from the back, Oppa was crying especially sadly. Nokdu is too pitiful.

JDY: Dongju-ya....

KSH:  Ogu...ogu...isn't it so?

Ending at 1:54 mark. Will translate the rest if I have time, but think the fansubs from twitter are quite accurate for the later parts.

Time flies, I am so not ready to say goodbye to TTON. Think the final episode might still be on 25 November (normal broadcast date) since we haven't heard any official source stating otherwise? Having 2 episodes back-to-back on 19 November might not help TV ratings either... (*this is me trying to delay saying goodbye to my favourite drama of 2019*)...

Archived