Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

Just finished watching the latest episode, and I found it a frustrating episode WRT the OTP. The misunderstandings and half-understandings were plentiful in the episode. There were 2 most striking instances: 1) When ND talks about how he has to protect his father to DJ. DJ who knows that ND is the king's son, and has seen ND by the king's side, assumes that ND is talking about protecting the king when ND is actually talking about protecting his adoptive father from the king. 2) The scene I had translated previously where DJ tells ND to let her go since being together could lead to harm. Not to mention that ND asks DJ if DJ knows who he is, and she answers in the affirmative, but they both took different meanings from that. Ugh.

Those all set it up so that there was misunderstandings on both sides so that they could part from each other. However, now that ND has found out the secret behind DJ's identity, I'm hopeful that they'll tell each other the complete truth to each other and at least figure it out from there. I'm actually really happy that it's nearing the end of the drama so the misunderstandings are not going to persist for too long. If they had lasted throughout the life of the drama, I probably couldn't have stuck with it. So far, it had made sense to me why they hadn't shared their deepest, darkest secrets from each other even when they were a couple, but the misunderstanding bit needs to be cleared up for both OTP rather than working from their own suspected assumptions.

• Like 13

Jang Dong Yoon was bound to become popular sooner or later. He (or his team) chose his projects well (except maybe for *cough*PoemADay*cough*). Combining it with his natural talent (hasn’t he been acting just for 3 years now without any acting background?) and pretty face, he definitely fits with his two fellow 1992 actors are who as talented and intense as he is.

Spoiler

I’m talking about Woo Do Hwan and Yang Se Jong if anybody’s been wondering.

For someone who didn’t even plan to become an actor, he’s really natural onscreen.

• Like 17

Omg all the heart eyes I'm making at the BTS video!!! :love: They really are very comfortable with each other in terms of skinship, which translates well onto our onscreen couple, and AengDu is adorable in person as well. I love the scene of the three of them hugging each other because its so natural! I'm so glad they releaased this BTS, after what happened in this week's episodes.

• Like 11

i dont get it, dongyoon is so flustered with the spooning scene but he hugs sohyun tightly every chance he got looool so cute ^_^

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Noksun ah!!!! 

And DongYoon's company update :wub:

P.S. I want a Jang Dong Yoon's soompi forum, but idk how to create it /(>_<)\ 

• Like 8
  • Love 6

Havent watch the latest episode, but the pictures and videos seen so far, NO ONE would mistake/n DY for being too girly, haha.... his company's update of his picture is an example... 

I hope he keeps the momentum in finding good dramas :)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just finished watching the latest episode, and I found it a frustrating episode WRT the OTP. The misunderstandings and half-understandings were plentiful in the episode. There were 2 most striking instances: 1) When ND talks about how he has to protect his father to DJ. DJ who knows that ND is the king's son, and has seen ND by the king's side, assumes that ND is talking about protecting the king when ND is actually talking about protecting his adoptive father from the king. 2) The scene I had translated previously where DJ tells ND to let her go since being together could lead to harm. Not to mention that ND asks DJ if DJ knows who he is, and she answers in the affirmative, but they both took different meanings from that. Ugh.

Those all set it up so that there was misunderstandings on both sides so that they could part from each other. However, now that ND has found out the secret behind DJ's identity, I'm hopeful that they'll tell each other the complete truth to each other and at least figure it out from there. I'm actually really happy that it's nearing the end of the drama so the misunderstandings are not going to persist for too long. If they had lasted throughout the life of the drama, I probably couldn't have stuck with it. So far, it had made sense to me why they hadn't shared their deepest, darkest secrets from each other even when they were a couple, but the misunderstanding bit needs to be cleared up for both OTP rather than working from their own suspected assumptions.

I kind of like this drama misunderstanding. Its kind of a valid reason for the separation. Some kdrama dont have that justification. The viewer always scratching our head trying to figure out why the OTP separation happened .

But TToND lay out the truth for the viewer to understand the misunderstanding between the OTP.  So far there are not many plot that go south for this drama. It keeping everything on the right rail.

*side Note : really loving the BTS. Why are both of them so cute ...

• Like 13

Cho Yelin who is young Dong Ju shared a photo . Maybe we can see Dong Ju's past next week.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

I really like this one.. every time I see it. KSH showing off her ring with JDY in the background :wub:. Didn't KSH already hinted to JDY her ring size is 7?..ha ha...

1573728531279.jpg 

Btw, I wonder if the wrap-up party will be held during the last broadcast where they will all watch it together. That would be really nice too :)... but why the H am I talking about the wrap-up so soon?... aigoo.. just thinking about it makes me sad :(

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I really like this one.. every time I see it. KSH showing off her ring with JDY in the background :wub:. Didn't KSH already hinted to JDY her ring size is 7?..ha ha...

Btw, I wonder if the wrap-up party will be held during the last broadcast where they will all watch it together. That would be really nice too :)... but why the H am I talking about the wrap-up so soon?... aigoo.. just thinking about it makes me sad :(

And we even know her shoe size is 240 (though remember, one should never gift shoes to a loved ones in Korean culture)! KSH is going round declaring her ring size and shoe size in the BTS :D It's wonderful to see how tight-knit the cast and crew are, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves filming despite the punishing schedule. It's all blood and tears in the drama, but so much fun and humour behind the scenes.

Martial arts exponent Hwang sabu! (*Me squinting heard to search for spoilers in the photo...*)

I want to reach our happy ending with Nokdu and Dongju's wedding. But it's still sad to know that the drama is ending soon. KBS, will you please release a special episode with some BTS/commentary as episode 17?

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Food truck for JDY :heart:

Yes the wrap up party.. It is coming..soon:bawling:

But we will be able to see them in normal clothes and more picsss.. Im torn in between :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Sky8lue said:

And we even know her shoe size is 240 (though remember, one should never gift shoes to a loved ones in Korean culture)! KSH is going round declaring her ring size and shoe size in the BTS :D It's wonderful to see how tight-knit the cast and crew are, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves filming despite the punishing schedule. It's all blood and tears in the drama, but so much fun and humour behind the scenes.

I want to reach our happy ending with Nokdu and Dongju's wedding. But it's still sad to know that the drama is ending soon. KBS, will you please release a special episode with some BTS/commentary as episode 17?

Haha.. true.. KSH advertising all her sizes in the BTS. Well, that's okay as long as JDY knows her ring size, that's all that matters :joy:

Ahhhh... the wedding.. just thinking about it makes me so excited :).. I hope we could really see like a wedding ceremony, I just feel like it would be SOO romantic if we have a scene like that. The drama has been doing an amazing job in capturing/showing beautiful scenery so I think a wedding scene would be absolutely stunning ^^...and yes, I hope we can have an ep 17 just like in Moonlight where we have the interviews of the cast. Since the final ep will air on a Monday, that ep 17 will fit exactly for the Tuesday slot since I know TTON is the last drama of KBS this year for this time slot.

56 minutes ago, aineofcebu said:
Food truck for JDY :heart:

Yes the wrap up party.. It is coming..soon:bawling:

But we will be able to see them in normal clothes and more picsss.. Im torn in between :dissapointed_relieved:

Awww... it's nice to see a food truck for JDY too. It's been a while since someone sent him one. I wonder to whom it came from though. So wow, this means they are still filming?... what a hectic schedule...

Yeah, excited to see them outside the drama too but sad to say goodbye to the drama :(... 

Will JDY cut his hair after?^^...

• Like 10

Why does it need to end? They can keep filming forever. I could happily watch more episodes of their post married life, naked dongyoon, bed scenes and cuddles. Not to forget hugs, back hugs and deep kisses. This is making me sad.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Actor Jang Dongyoon Adorably Joked Around in Awkwardness While Filming His Kiss Scene with Kim Sohyun for 'The Tale of Nokdu'

Actor Jang Dongyoon showed his adorable side through a making film!

On November 13th, KBS released 'The Tale of Nokdu's making video on their official Youtube channel. The video shows the cast members filming the 22nd episode of the drama, which will be aired on November 5th. It was a kiss scene that Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun had to film. 

Actor Jang Dongyoon was instructed by staff on how to make the move. He was ashamed of himself when the staff gave him bold instructions.

He was so ashamed that he didn't know what to do. He continued to joke around Kim Sohyun during rehearsals because of his awkwardness.

However, when the filming for the scene began, he immersed himself in his role.

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2019/11/14/actor-jang-dongyoon-showed-his-adorable-side-through-a-behind-scene-of-the-tale-of-nokdu-298838

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Awwww... such lovely stills :love:... I especially like this one ^^...

IMG-20191115-094335.png 

The chemistry on and off is on another level :)... waiting for the other BTS since it's Friday ^-^ I hope it's the breakup scene coz I really wanna see that...

Oh no, idk if I should be happy about this or not :(... TTON will end next week guys, they'll broadcast 2 consecutive eps on Tuesday... however, not sure if this is really true tho.. gotta wait for a more reliable source...

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been in soompi, and it's my first post in this thread! I'm a latecomer to Nokdu and I'm sad that the show is coming to an end soon! But on the bright side I guess I have time to binge watch it. 

I think there's going to be a new bts today, but I had some time this week and I loved the previous bts, so I subbed it in English. It's not completely accurate (I translated from chinese to english), but it is the most complete version I could find with captions and everything :) So I'm posting it here is anyone is interested!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 8

If Next Week Tuesday Is The Final Episode,

That Means TTON Will End On November 19 Which Is NokDu's Birthday,

Just As Planned/Scheduled.

• Like 8
  • Love 1