[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

8 hours ago, niharika111 said:

This is gold! Thanks you @jaemin kimpark for locating it. :)  I wonder what made him so shy! What was PDnim saying and why did he turn to look at PMY?  Anyone who understands Korean, please translate! Pretty please!!! :P

my pleasure... :kiss_wink:

Kim Jae Wook  :heart:  Park Min Young Hint Collecton......

• Like 6
  • Love 7

9 hours ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Hey all. Silent lurker here. I don't know if this was ever brought up, because I was not about to go through 277 pages just to find it. lol Anyways, I was on an app and stumble upon this slang term. I was very surprised. I thought it was super smart of the author to name PMY's character 성덕미, because "성덕" (even though 성 is her surname) means a "successful fan". It is a slang word (derived from 성공한덕후) used to describe someone that has been a long-time fan of an idol(s) and then later sees the idol closely or becomes their friend or spouse. Basically describing our precious 성덕미. lol 

Yes, there are a few references throughout the drama on the wordplay of Deok-mi's name. Ryan also gave Da-in her artist name of "Many People". Then there was the joke about "already chosen seat" and Seon-joo's name in ep 16. Latte's Korean name, Na Hee-yeon, is also a very drawn-out pronunciation of Ryan (or Lion). And of course, the geum vs eun (gold vs silver) comparison between Ryan and Eun-gi.

Soompi also has a list of Korean fan slang: https://www.soompi.com/article/1315253wpp/her-private-life-reveals-list-of-must-know-korean-fan-slang

• Like 5

14 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Actually, had Sian always known who Ruan was to their mother? Rewatching and finding Sian a very silent observer, but was that out of compassion or understanding?

I don't think he knows exactly who Ryan was when they first met...though he seems to be drawn to him as a person and wants to get close to him. Perhaps he was only sure about Ryan being his hyung when he saw his mom crying in front of Ryan's door (or even suspects it when Ryan ignores him and slams the door right on his face after he finds out that Lee Sol is his mom).

I'm still kinda sad we don't get to see Ryan and Sian's bonding after they find out they're brothers... I need more bromance haha.

14 hours ago, niharika111 said:

Anyways, I’ve started watching Voice. It’s not an easy watch, to say the least; but I’m giving it a shot. I followed somebody’s recommendation and watched “BUTTERFLY SLEEP” starring KJW. it’s an exquisite movie. Initially, I was a bit unsure because it’s about the relationship between a young man and a much older woman. But it’s beautifully executed and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to see more of KJW.

Im impressed with KJW’s acting range. It’s a different version of him in everything I’ve seen so far. He is so underrated that it makes me a little upset. There are so many Korean actors who basically play the same type of characters in almost every drama they do, and the dramas are so popular. I really hope that KJW’s talent is better appreciated and we get to see more of his awesome performances.

I watched Butterfly Sleep, too... Not a fan of the romance but gdi KJW can even have chemistry with a dog LMAO... His chemistry with the veteran actress is sultry and quite believable... and him+books are combination I never know I'd need XDDD His acting range is surely wide... totally a good actor.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I don't think he knows exactly who Ryan was when they first met...though he seems to be drawn to him as a person and wants to get close to him. Perhaps he was only sure about Ryan being his hyung when he saw his mom crying in front of Ryan's door (or even suspects it when Ryan ignores him and slams the door right on his face after he finds out that Lee Sol is his mom).

I'm still kinda sad we don't get to see Ryan and Sian's bonding after they find out they're brothers... I need more bromance haha.

I watched Butterfly Sleep, too... Not a fan of the romance but gdi KJW can even have chemistry with a dog LMAO... His chemistry with the veteran actress is sultry and quite believable... and him+books are combination I never know I'd need XDDD His acting range is surely wide... totally a good actor.

Yeah I kinda sad too about lack of bromance between Sian and Ryan. One thing for sure, when Sian immediately go to Deok Mi for her birthday when Ryan ask him to, Sian's willing to do anything for his hyung. He seems to be perceptive enough to let his hyung process the meeting with his mom, so he kinda gives him spaces.

Maybe the bromance called for fanfic? Will Sian sing for his hyung and noona wedding?

Bonded before they found out that they're brother was more significant to the story. To think that at first Ryan approached Sian with hidden agenda, even rented apartment in the same building on purpose, coz Sian was his only lead about Lee Sol painting.

Ps:

I have watched Butterfly Sleep. The writer house architecture and interior is to die for, especially the library. Japanese book cover are always beautiful.

With longer hair, KJW always look younger, so KJW pulled off as a man in his 20th... So chan and Ryan is totally different person, so kudos to him.

• Like 7

K-Drama Actors Whose Intense Kiss Scenes Made Us Blush

I have only chose Kim Jae Wook. There are other actors as well.
Spoiler
Jun 11, 2019
by C. Hong
park-min-young-kim-jae-wook.jpeg

her-private-life-1.jpg

her-private-life.png

Kim Jae Wook is a rising star in the world of kiss scenes, making his definitive mark with his role as Ryan Gold in tvN’s “Her Private Life.” With Park Min Young, the rising rom-com queen, as his partner, Kim Jae Wook brought out 100 percent of the “romantic” in romantic comedy with his sexy and decadent kiss scenes.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sillygal said:

Hide contents
Jun 11, 2019
by C. Hong

her-private-life-1.jpg

her-private-life.png

Kim Jae Wook is a rising star in the world of kiss scenes, making his definitive mark with his role as Ryan Gold in tvN’s “Her Private Life.” With Park Min Young, the rising rom-com queen, as his partner, Kim Jae Wook brought out 100 percent of the “romantic” in romantic comedy with his sexy and decadent kiss scenes.

Ha, I like that the article put Kim Jae-wook first. His kisses are very sensual, and I love that he wasn't eating off Park Min-young's face. He was gentle and tender with her. She was responsive, and that showed her comfort and trust level with him. Damn, Ryan and Deok-mi should have gotten a room after that makeout session at the furniture workshop!

Of the other actors on the list, Ji Chang-wook is also a pretty good kisser, I liked his kiss with Nam Ji-hyun in Suspicious Partner. Park Hyung-shik ain't no slouch either. But of course, Kim Jae-wook rules. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, sillygal said:

Reveal hidden contents
Jun 11, 2019
by C. Hong

her-private-life-1.jpg

her-private-life.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

How’s everyone doing?

I tried to make myself busy but still checking on this thread/ig for more updates of our OTP/HPL...

I was wondering actually how bad is the rating in SK for this drama?

I mean, they’re both became the most buzzworthy actor and actress internationally for 3 freakin weeks and KJW ig followers rise up to 500-600k just from this drama alone.

It shows how much people actually enjoy and love HPL..

Can’t believe there’s no Photoshoot/interviews of them after the drama ended just like any other drama normally...

Or is it maybe because our PMY were busy right after the filming?

Still hoping we can get some news from both of them 

#HOPE

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Love the kiss compilation n yes they were not the eat your face category which I've seen in some k dramas. 

They seem to oscillate between dead fish and eat your face...

So thought hpl  was just the right amount of tenderness and passion.... which was lovely. 

Good to know with 1 romcom... he's been launched into the stratosphere...

Of course he was in mature whatever's before... though I've not seen his work before this...

It helps that he was paired with my fave romcom queen...

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Ha, I like that the article put Kim Jae-wook first. His kisses are very sensual, and I love that he wasn't eating off Park Min-young's face. He was gentle and tender with her. She was responsive, and that showed her comfort and trust level with him. Damn, Ryan and Deok-mi should have gotten a room after that makeout session at the furniture workshop!

Of the other actors on the list, Ji Chang-wook is also a pretty good kisser, I liked his kiss with Nam Ji-hyun in Suspicious Partner. Park Hyung-shik ain't no slouch either. But of course, Kim Jae-wook rules. :wub:

I like the lines "Kim Jae Wook is the rising star in kissing scenes". Lol like the new boy straight gets the throne. 

I like Ji Chang Wook too but I prefer his kiss scenes with PMY in Healer as it is more tender and soft. Not too overly done. 

I am happy both my Wook Oppa are listed as best kissers. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Ahn Bo Hyun's post-drama interview - flip the IG post below to read the interview translation. Remember that scene that Eun Gi, Seon Joo and Deok Mi were dancing while singing karaoke? Apparently they practised the dance choreography at Park Jin Joo's house! And he also talks about Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook being able to adlib well and how Park Min Young gave him good guidance and tips on how to portray Eun Gi's relationship with Deok Mi.

Another photo of Park Jin Joo and Kim Jae Wook with lucky fans (attending Seo Ye Hwa's play):

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2019 at 4:06 PM, gemini1990_stv said:

I was wondering actually how bad is the rating in SK for this drama?

I mean, they’re both became the most buzzworthy actor and actress internationally for 3 freakin weeks and KJW ig followers rise up to 500-600k just from this drama alone.

It shows how much people actually enjoy and love HPL..

Can’t believe there’s no Photoshoot/interviews of them after the drama ended just like any other drama normally...

Or is it maybe because our PMY were busy right after the filming?

Still hoping we can get some news from both of them 

#HOPE

I've asked similar question about post interview last week. I was just curious because KJW had his interview a week after The Guest ended. In addition, the writers and director of The Guest also had their own post interview a week after. WWWSK main casts and supporting casts had their interview right after the drama ended. But other user said post interview is arranged by the agency. As for PMY, I'm sure we will get to know her thoughts on HPL at least from her Marie-Claire photoshoot (HOPEFULLY!). Regarding the bad rating and buzzworthy, HPL average rating is slightly better than other Tvn's drama, He Is Pyschometric. Even the main cast of He Is Pyschometric, Jinyoung and Shin Ye Eun had their post interview (probably arranged by their own agency, JYP Ent.)

Actors usually will have seperate interview. So KJW's interview has nothing to do with PMY's busy schedule. I'm guessing KJW is probably taking his time for the interview. I checked his post interview after Voice. He had his interview 2 weeks after Voice. At that time,he was still at the stage of getting over his Mo Tae Gu's character. Who knows,  KJW is probably still getting over his Ryan Gold character too :unsure: . It's been 2 week already. I no longer have high hope for his interview. We might not get one from him. LOL :lol:. He's always staying low after his project. 

Btw, Kim Dong Wook, KJW's fellow co-star in The Guest had confirmed he received the script for The Guest movie but he has yet to read and decide the offer. We can expect KJW has received the script too. We might hear good news from him soon if he accepts the offer for The Guest movie because the production of the movie will start around June-September. The movie sets to air next year. :D

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2