Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

12 hours ago, TripleNa said:

I've asked similar question about post interview last week. I was just curious because KJW had his interview a week after The Guest ended. In addition, the writers and director of The Guest also had their own post interview a week after. WWWSK main casts and supporting casts had their interview right after the drama ended. But other user said post interview is arranged by the agency. As for PMY, I'm sure we will get to know her thoughts on HPL at least from her Marie-Claire photoshoot (HOPEFULLY!). Regarding the bad rating and buzzworthy, HPL average rating is slightly better than other Tvn's drama, He Is Pyschometric. Even the main cast of He Is Pyschometric, Jinyoung and Shin Ye Eun had their post interview (probably arranged by their own agency, JYP Ent.)

Actors usually will have seperate interview. So KJW's interview has nothing to do with PMY's busy schedule. I'm guessing KJW is probably taking his time for the interview. I checked his post interview after Voice. He had his interview 2 weeks after Voice. At that time,he was still at the stage of getting over his Mo Tae Gu's character. Who knows,  KJW is probably still getting over his Ryan Gold character too :unsure: . It's been 2 week already. I no longer have high hope for his interview. We might not get one from him. LOL :lol:. He's always staying low after his project. 

Btw, Kim Dong Wook, KJW's fellow co-star in The Guest had confirmed he received the script for The Guest movie but he has yet to read and decide the offer. We can expect KJW has received the script too. We might get to hear good news from him soon if he accepts the offer for The Guest movie because the production of the movie will start around June-September. The movie sets to air next year. :D

Thank u for your info and thank u for sharing the same thought and feel...

i know right, hopefully she will mention HPL/KJW in her lastest project in Marie Claire..

It’s just a shame that such a good drama/chemistry as well as their hard works evaporate just like that.. I saw from the shipping forum about the slim chance of the dvd release as well... don’t know what’s really happening within the production company #sigh

currently watching all the newest dramas available but nothing really attracts me the way HPL did... the last time i feel this kind of feel was with Oh My Venus in 2015...

Anyway KJW just posted a new post on his IG, happy for a little update of one of them 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, cenching said:

Was KJW in a kind of shop that sell Braun thingy??? Or was it a museum or private collections??

Is it one of the soma art gallery exhibiton? (Original place where they shoot as Cheum art gallery)

If it is then it must be a latepost when they shoot the last episode of HPL (since he kinda looks like wearing the same outfits in ep 16)

Wondering if he misses those days like we do...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, gemini1990_stv said:

Is it one of the soma art gallery exhibiton? (Original place where they shoot as Cheum art gallery)

If it is then it must be a latepost when they shoot the last episode of HPL (since he kinda looks like wearing the same outfits in ep 16)

Wondering if he misses those days like we do...

I do think it's a late post because he was wearing the same outfit with the last kiss in HPL. His previous post seemed to be in the same place too.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cenching said:

I do think it's a late post because he was wearing the same outfit with the last kiss in HPL. His previous post seemed to be in the same place too.

I think it's different . I think his shirt in last episode is a bit bigger. Not sure though. Wish that's for HPL post interview photoshoot since his stylish was there too.

• Like 6

Guyssss, his stylist posted a short video on her insta story. I think she already deleted it.  It seems he had photo session. Ohhh I hope he had interview and photo session. Please.. please...

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, niharika111 said:

A very honest and apt review of HPL. :)

@niharika111 Thank you so much. A very comprehensive and beautifully written review. I was trying to underline what I liked best but after reading the whole I loved everything she said including the stuff that the writer did not like which was intended to be funny but not so funny and the easy forgiveness of the vicious behavior of the fans. 

But her description of KJW is one of my fave:

"Kim Jae Wook is pitch perfect as Ryan Gold, who is a strong contender for possibly the most perfect boyfriend that Dramaland has ever served up.

The deeper we get into our story, the more Kim Jae Wook’s personal charm comes into play, and his brand of tender smolder is so sensuous, and the way he handles all the skinship is just so deft yet gentle, that it’s really quite mesmerizing to behold." 

me faints...:lol:

• Like 10

9 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

Wah...she is seriously playing with his ears.....lol...so cruel...given how red he is already.....

this woman knows how to tease:w00t:

So can some expert tell us why he was red each time he had skinship with PMY? Shy or what? <_<

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Hello everyone,

Still missing HPL! If anyone can recommend any other good K-drama, I'm all ears! :)

I wanted to discuss something that has been in my mind for a while.  Do you remember the episode where Ryan yells at Deok Mi for entering into his house without permission? I felt Ryan was not just angry, but very mean to Deok Mi. He insulted her for taking their fake relationship too seriously. Ryan was cruel because he attacked Deok Mi where he knew it would hurt most. At that point in time, he had already started to fall for her. But can you do that to someone you care for? Yes he apologized but I wish Deok Mi had not forgiven so easily. I wanted to see Ryan reflect more on what he insinuated and how that would be so disrespectful to Deok Mi when he was the one to offer to fake-date? I guess, a little angst of this kind would not have been all that bad! :)

What do you guys think?

42 minutes ago, niharika111 said:

Hello everyone,

Still missing HPL! If anyone can recommend any other good K-drama, I'm all ears! :)

I wanted to discuss something that has been in my mind for a while.  Do you remember the episode where Ryan yells at Deok Mi for entering into his house without permission? I felt Ryan was not just angry, but very mean to Deok Mi. He insulted her for taking their fake relationship too seriously. Ryan was cruel because he attacked Deok Mi where he knew it would hurt most. At that point in time, he had already started to fall for her. But can you do that to someone you care for? Yes he apologized but I wish Deok Mi had not forgiven so easily. I wanted to see Ryan reflect more on what he insinuated and how that would be so disrespectful to Deok Mi when he was the one to offer to fake-date? I guess, a little angst of this kind would not have been all that bad! :)

What do you guys think?

I think that Ryan always tried to hide his fragile child who was abandonned behind the image of a mature, arrogant and successful man. His nature was not arrogant (according to his attitude to children, old people and LGTB ) but he believed when he acted as an arrogant, people wouldn't see his weakness. only when people get closer to him (as Cheum's staff did from the middle of the show), they could see his kind-hearted side... Nobody, even his few friends as the doctor and Da In knew st about his private life and DM at that moment is just a colleague that he was protecting (feelings for her is just at the starting point). The fake-date at first was to cover DM's homosexual relationship in case Sian's fans stalked her (in his mind)

His secret is also his biggest trauma, to the point that caused his greatest loss of a talented artist: ability to paint. To a man who believed since his childhood that people only see his value in paintings, this ability is his pride and his identity. Nobody knew why he stopped drawing (except the doctor) and he told DM about it only when they are stabble in relationship later on. Imagine he rushed home to save his paintings from the water leak, and saw DM standing in the middle of his sacred secret that he never shared to anyone. We don't have to forget that he's American too, for them respecting one's privacy is very important and people must be allowed to enter someone's secret corner... I guess in one second he lost his mind and shouted at DM cruelly. I'm not sure that he got mad at her. For me it's more like he was shocked that his traumatic world was discovered when he was not ready to unveil it. 
That's why when it was over, he explain to DM that "I shouldn't have got angry at you. Just because I was lost for a moment" (it's translated like that in my language. Not sure in the english version it was the same). IMO, I think his reaction is totally reasonable, given that he was not a smooth-tongue guy right from the beginning.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, lighthearted said:

I think that Ryan always tried to hide his fragile child who was abandonned behind the image of a mature, arrogant and successful man. His nature was not arrogant (according to his attitude to children, old people and LGTB ) but he believed when he acted as an arrogant, people wouldn't see his weakness and only people get closer to him (as Cheum's staff did from the middle of the show), they could see his kind-hearted side... Nobody, even his few friends as the doctor and Da In knew st about his private life and DM at that moment is just a colleague that he was protecting (feelings for her is just at the starting point). The fake-date at first was to cover DM's homosexual relationship in case Sian's fans stalked her (in his mind)

His secret is also his biggest trauma, to the point that caused his greatest loss of a talented artist: ability to paint. To a man who believed since his childhood that people only see his value in paintings, this ability is his pride and his identity. Nobody knew why he stopped drawing (except the doctor) and he told DM about it only when they are stabble in relationship later on. Imagine he rushed home to save his paintings from the water leak, and saw DM standing in the middle of his sacred secret that he never shared to anyone. We don't have to forget that he's American too, for them respecting one's privacy is very important and people must be allowed to enter someone's secret corner... I guess in one second he lost his mind and shouted at DM cruelly. I'm not sure that he got mad at her. For me it's more like he was shocked that his traumatic world was discovered when he was not ready to unveil it. 
That's why when it was over, he explain to DM that "I shouldn't have got angry at you. Just because I was lost for a moment" (it's translated like that in my language. Not sure in the english version it was the same). IMO, I think his reaction is totally reasonable, given that he was not a smooth-tongue guy right from the beginning.  

I totally get what you are saying. He had all the reason to be mad at her. She did invade his safe haven, his private space.  I'm sure DM would have been upset as well if Ryan entered into her private space without permission.

But he wasn't just angry, he was cruel to her. He probably knew at that point that DM cared about him from the way she took care of him when he was drunk, but he threw that to her face and mocked her for taking their fake relationship for real.  His exact words were "Did you really want to play the role of somebody's girlfriend so bad?" That is so hurtful, especially to someone like DM who has been nothing but sweet to him after they sorted out their earlier issues. That is why I felt that DM forgave him too easily. He hurt her pride as a woman, almost making her sound too desperate. If I were her, I'm not sure if I could have forgiven so easily. I think it is in Deok Mi's character to be happy and forgive easily, but I wanted to see more of Ryan trying to make up to her for his abrasive behavior.

• Like 2

Yes the word is "cruel", and that's why I said for 1 second he lost his mind :).   Even a man over 30 can be mad in 1 second in his situation, I guess so. 

For me, I would question why DM came into his house when she is not his real girlfriend. We audience know that Ryan started to have feelings toward her but not DM. All she knew is that they are just fake-dating. She has to say sorry to him in this case and she did it. She might have wanted to save his paintings but a stranger is still a stranger. She cannot stand in the middle of his private place - it's more than his bedroom. That room  has the proof of  his weakness,  his disability to draw again and also his tangled mind because he himself didn't know why he lost his talent after looking at a mysterious painting) and expect him to say thank you without being surprised. Here he was not surprised, he was terrified because his closed world is intruded.

I don't know if it makes sense or not but I can understand that a child who didn't know why mom refused him and always felt lonely  in his world as Ryan cannot accept someone to walk into his world without permission. We can see he told DM little by little about his life when they were already in love, and not everything at the same time. DM needed to win his heart, make him feel comfortable and then trust her with all his heart... It's how a real relationship develops.One cannot give his heart to someone after 1 night, especially a child who didn't have the feeling of security during the childhood. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2