[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

You know a drama is good when it inspires so many beautiful fan-art. 

Too bad I can only make crappy haikus (got the idea from reddit, lmao):

I love only One

But he untangled my hair

Now I love Jae Wook

I love you haiku in English :joy:

I have major withdrawal syndrome from HLP. What do i do? I watched and rewatch all the BTS after watching the drama numerous times. I hope there are magazine photoshoots for all the actors. After all the drama is doing so well internationally too. 

• Like 5

And so I tried to watch 1 ep of the guest.....eeeps ...gripping but scary AF..

Had to watch hpl bts.... and still had nightmares...

KJW  sshiii.... thank you for choosing to do hpl so we can see some of your awesomeness because horror is not everyone's cup of tea..  

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

Chingus I found this, the real artist whom Ryan Gold painting style based upon. He is one of aspiring South Korean Contemporary artist.

Here is the link of his past exhibition in New York https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-beyond-impasto-social-commentary-in-the-faceless-work-of-kwangho-shin

Hmm i wonder who's the one who made the real painting in the drama. Anybody fluent in Korean can notify me if somehow it was written in drama credit?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

Hello, how is everyone doing? I’m still not over HPL and our favorite Labbit couple. Every now and then I check Twitter, instagram, soompi etc. to see if there are any updates. I do wish PMY and/or KJW are interviewed about HPL. But I’m not so optimistic. I checked to see if TYH leads were interviewed after the show ended, but could not find anything. 

Anyways, I’ve started watching Voice. It’s not an easy watch, to say the least; but I’m giving it a shot. I followed somebody’s recommendation and watched “BUTTERFLY SLEEP” starring KJW. it’s an exquisite movie. Initially, I was a bit unsure because it’s about the relationship between a young man and a much older woman. But it’s beautifully executed and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to see more of KJW.

Im impressed with KJW’s acting range. It’s a different version of him in everything I’ve seen so far. He is so underrated that it makes me a little upset. There are so many Korean actors who basically play the same type of characters in almost every drama they do, and the dramas are so popular. I really hope that KJW’s talent is better appreciated and we get to see more of his awesome performances.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Actually, had Sian always known who Ruan was to their mother? Rewatching and finding Sian a very silent observer, but was that out of compassion or understanding?

Si-An didn't know who Ryan was to his mother. It's only when Si-An realised that Ryan was interested in Lee Sol's artwork in Episode 3. Then he slowly started to find out and plus he felt there was a fate between the both of them. But of course the drama didn't show that detail. Perhaps, only to the point after Ryan told Lee Sol that he is Heo Yoon Jae and she was crying outside, then Si-An somehow knew he was right, and everything just fall into one place. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jaemin kimpark said:

This is gold! Thanks you @jaemin kimpark for locating it. :)  I wonder what made him so shy! What was PDnim saying and why did he turn to look at PMY?  Anyone who understands Korean, please translate! Pretty please!!! :P

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, jaemin kimpark said:

Almost all the nominees are friends that KJW had worked with.

Anyone watched Planck Constant? 

I just watched Planck Constant without sub, didn’t manage to find one site with Eng sub. Anyway, first impression without sub, Focus is JW as the main char. Earlier show started with pervert ideas that JW goes through his mind, not much dialogue to pay attention, however near the end of the show, I think there is a little message that the movie wants to convey, but without sub I am totally lost. Anyone who had watched this movie, able to explain what is the message that they are talking at the end?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

Hey all. Silent lurker here. I don't know if this was ever brought up, because I was not about to go through 277 pages just to find it. lol Anyways, I was on an app and stumble upon this slang term. I was very surprised. I thought it was super smart of the author to name PMY's character 성덕미, because "성덕" (even though 성 is her surname) means a "successful fan". It is a slang word (derived from 성공한덕후) used to describe someone that has been a long-time fan of an idol(s) and then later sees the idol closely or becomes their friend or spouse. Basically describing our precious 성덕미. lol 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2