[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I like the point you've made about CSA being adopted.  As always your analysis is well thought out and insightful.

Correct me if I am wrong.  You think that LS mother, because he lost her son, adopted CSA and gave him her son's name?   

One point; I do not know about DM's mother leaving RG at the orphanage, she appears to be a person who would have taken him in, at least for the night.  I understand that the woman who left him at the orphanage said that she was not his mother and she had a pony tail that looks very much like DM's mother; however, I cannot see her just leaving him at night at the door of the orphanage.  

@bebebisous33I have not had the time to read this entire thread because it is moving very quickly.  Did you give an 

analysis of LS's paintings?

No, I doubt that LS abandoned her son, rather that he must have gone lost. From my point of view, RG witnessed something terrible to the point that he got amnesia. I also don't think that DM's mother meant to abandon him. She just stated the obvious: she wasn't his mother which was true and since she was under pressure, she left him behind as she had rushed somewhere. 

No, I have not written any analysis about these paintings so far. I can only say that the painter wanted to show how colorful soap bubbles are. If you pay attention to the soap bubbles, you will notice that they also function as mirrors. There are some reflections in those... but a transformed reflection. This created world full of colors is linked to happiness and cheerfulness, yet the opposite happened. Moreover, soap bubbles are often used by children hence we can say that these paintings reflect innocence and childhood. This explains why CSA has associated these to happy memories. On the other hand, it was as if the painter had lost herself in this colorful world full of soap bubbles making her forget the reality. She had a son by her side. No wonder, if LS quit painting and decided to get rid of these paintings. She never wanted to lose herself in the paintings.    

• Like 6
  • Insightful 8

Wow today its Wedensday... Finally.. Anyone can give live streaming youtube to me.. I want to try live recap in here... 

After this drama finished I want to watch voice.. I hear my boyfriend hot sexy villain in there... Lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Every fangirls need a boyfriend like RG.. I also want one!!

My addiction to this one Korean band is to the level that I'm willing to go to Korea just to watch their concert and my mom didn't know about this..even my siblings didn't know about my addiction..all they know that i went to Korea for a vacation.. :phew:

These gifs..RG said he studied a little about his girlfriend fangirling thing..but i think he is overdoing it.. :lol:

RcFn5da.gif

lWBajz6.gif

kxj1J8d.gif

Spoiler

TGBmwq9.gif

ngGGHbB.gif

nL3j7an.gif

yH6iyax.gif

fTMJHlZ.gif

He almost gone mad and didn't realize that he had done this such things to ShiAn 

0q30BWw.gif

DM is very lucky to has this Gold guy as her boyfriend :lol:

• Like 11
  • LOL 13

What the world needs now is love. So does Ryan! Hats off for the remarkable facial expressions and acting skills of both leads.:heart:

I’m crossing my fingers that they stay grounded and work through the mommy issues together.

tumblr_prsr4aofGT1vkz0npo8_400.gif

O48GH4w.jpg

Spoiler

ia5kf3ocie41.gif

-------------------

New still

ì본 ì´ë¯¸ì§

c Naver

• Like 21
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, taedysol said:

So apparently KJW’s and PMY’s stylists actually plan beforehand together so that the leads can match esp in scenes that they have together :wub:

No wonder they always looks good together. And both stylists has very good fashion sense. They know their artist well. 

• Like 12

“Since this is Kim Jae Wook’s first romantic comedy, we tried a variety of styles to show his hidden charm while still displaying his signature sexiness. We used bold colors and several fits of pants to portray the image of an artist.”

The stylist really know what the viewers needs. 

• Like 19

If only there is a such an easy way as YT live streaming I would have done it yonks ago.  Its always a hide and seek finding a link. Then finding a link that works.

This wait is killing me. I have to run errands but all I want to know is.... actually there is nothing I want to know. I don't care about Cindy or Director Eom. I don't care about Eun Gi. I care even less about Lee Sol- that is a series of BAD paintings. I am now convinced they are like Christmas baubles ala Hallmark style and colours. The colours are just too dark and boring. The palate is flat. No life, vibrancy or memorable features except that there are lots of green and circles.

And Sian always has the same expression and voice.

There is NOTHING I want to see except the 2 leads interacting.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

9 hours ago, TripleNa said:

Does anyone know how does actor usually get magazine photo shoot? Is it by invitation of magazine itself or arranged by a company/tv channel/ sponsored brand for marketing purpose? I wish to see KJW and PMY do couple photoshoot before. :wub: .  I've mentioned this before in the earlier page of this thread when this thread had less than 20 pages I think. There was barely anyone posted at that time. Sorry for repeating the same words.

I'm curious to know how does actor get to do photoshoot especially actors who are currently promoting. Han Ji Min x Nam Joo Hyuk, Jang Ki Young x Nana did photoshoot before their drama started. Kim Nam Gil x Lee Honey also had done one. Today I just watched Highcut video of Jang Ki Young and Im Soo Jung for their new drama which replaces HPL soon. Hope KJW x PMY will have one after this drama ends.

It is normally by the invitation of the magazine but of course with the  time avaibility of the stars. Most of the time, the photoshoot is done before or at the beginning of the drama when magazine production team feels that the OTP will be talk about town and can increase sales. But there are also times, when the photoshoot is done in the middle (this is very rare as during this times both OTP will be busy with shootings) or at the end of a drama. End of drama is still possible as both of them are already free from shoot. 

But more often after drama ends, actors and actress will sit for different interviews  and photoshoot as they will wrap up on their review on the drama. 

Let's hope magazine like Vouge will invite them for photoshoot. I always love Vougue Couple photoshoot. 

Hope this helps to answer your question. I guess the reason they did not get the couple photoshoot earlier probably because this drama is not too much anticipated before. Maybe no one foresee that KJW-PMY will be this sweet. 

• Like 15
  • Love 5

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Meet The Mother Of All Questions In “Her Private Life”

c4150346b5bf45319f53d3cf982b5f9f.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Her Private Life” has released new stills for the upcoming episode!

Spoiler

In last week’s episodes of “Her Private Life,” a shocking truth about Ryan Gold (Kim Jae Wook)’s real mother was revealed. As it turns out, Cha Si An (ONE)’s mother Lee Sol (Lee Il Hwa) is also the biological mother of Ryan, who was given up for adoption when he was young.

The drama left viewers in shock and in wonder why Ryan Gold’s mother had to give him up for adoption. The curiosity of viewers has increased even more as the drama unveiled stills of the upcoming episode on May 22, which show Kim Jae Wook, Park Min Young, ONE, and Lee Il Hwa exchanging a conversation in an elevator.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1326380wpp/kim-jae-wook-and-park-min-young-meet-the-mother-of-all-questions-in-her-private-life

• Like 12

I've been thinking. I want there to be a proposal, but considering that they've been portrayed pretty realistically as a couple, I want to see them talk about getting married first before Ryan proposes, unlike in other dramas where it comes as a total surprise to the female lead.

• Like 9

On 5/20/2019 at 10:33 PM, bliss1004 said:

i have to admit that currently i couldn't watch other kdrama while waiting for HPL next episode... couldn't concentrate and to continue watching other kdrama as i will automatically go back to watch all the OTP moments then stuck with the youtube mv for hours and ignore the other kdrama that i currently watch..

anybody here had the same symptoms with me?? i dunno how to handle my heart if this drama ended soon. :wacko:

These two love birds really make my heart sick..

I can relate to that because i'm experiencing the same syndrome :lol:.  It used to be that i would have some kdrama to keep me busy every day but with HPL, i keep lurking for spoilers, insights, GIFs, artwork, etc of our OTP.  I did try to start on another rom com but i find myself comparing the lead couple with RG-DM every time! :unsure: I'd keep hoping for the lion & rabbit's sizzling on-screen chemistry on the other leads.  Any hope for an extension??? :bawling:

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, larus said:

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Meet The Mother Of All Questions In “Her Private Life”

tvN’s “Her Private Life” has released new stills for the upcoming episode!

Spoiler

In last week’s episodes of “Her Private Life,” a shocking truth about Ryan Gold (Kim Jae Wook)’s real mother was revealed. As it turns out, Cha Si An (ONE)’s mother Lee Sol (Lee Il Hwa) is also the biological mother of Ryan, who was given up for adoption when he was young.

The drama left viewers in shock and in wonder why Ryan Gold’s mother had to give him up for adoption. The curiosity of viewers has increased even more as the drama unveiled stills of the upcoming episode on May 22, which show Kim Jae Wook, Park Min Young, ONE, and Lee Il Hwa exchanging a conversation in an elevator.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1326380wpp/kim-jae-wook-and-park-min-young-meet-the-mother-of-all-questions-in-her-private-life

Deok Mi is the president of Ryan Gold Protection squad!

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

2 minutes ago, tinkerbelle2004 said:

I can relate to that because i'm experiencing the same syndrome :lol:.  It used to be that i would have some kdrama to keep me busy every day but with HPL, i keep lurking for spoilers, insights, GIFs, artwork, etc of our OTP.  I did try to start on another rom com but i find myself comparing the lead couple with RG-DM every time! :unsure: I'd keep hoping for the lion & rabbit's sizzling on-screen chemistry on the other leads.  Any hope for an extension??? :bawling:

Me too!! I can’t watch another drama especially romcom genre because I keep replaying HPL episodes. 

Everytime I saw another romcom couple on Youtube, I’m starting to compare them to Ryan and Deok Mi. Especially the male lead! You will never go past Ryan :tounge_xd:

No hope for extention I think, because WWW already set its premiere date. But mayyybeee if miracle happens, pdnim could give us like a special episode again. but it’s very very unlikely. 

For now, I just hope for bluray release and another project for KJW and PMY.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, larus said:

Haha, of course they have to meet in the Elevator of Fate. It's the hippiest, most happening place ever in Seoul where encounters have an extra layer of spice and kinkiness.

I guess Shi-an doesn't know his mum goes by (or used to go by) the name Lee Sol?  Although it wouldn't be surprising if he did (he knows!) and was doing all that stuff (about the paintings) as a way to reach out to Ryan. It would be nice to see Shi-an and Deok-mi team up to heal any rifts between Ryan and his mother. Might have the added side-effect of easing her fangirling over Shi-an - I mean, if he's gonna be her brother-in-law in the future...

22 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

I agree with you all, this drama has ruined me for all others.

The problem with me is that I have started comparing all male leads to Ryan and I'm so dissatisfied.

1. Wrist grab and dragging the female lead against her will is not romantic, Ryan will never do that. He holds her hands so tenderly.

2. Surprise kiss without acknowledgement of interest? Dude no - look at Ryan, the only time he kissed her was after explicit declarations of love and mutual understanding and consent. The thumb kiss? Amazing save there. He didn't just say, I think she likes me and then proceed. He waited for her to come out and tell him. He's great.

3. Broody male lead because of tragic past who randomly shouts at the female lead? No please, she is not your punching bag, be considerate like Ryan, he apologized for ruining the mood and being grumpy even if he knew DM didn't mind. My woke hero knows she is not at fault for his family issues

4. Lack of apologies for any transgressions or shouting? My lion doesn't lead that life.

5. Treating your girlfriend/wife as someone who needs to be protected and not told stuff, more like a child than a life partner? Heck no, Ryan will tell her everything because she's supposed to know if as a long term romantic partner.

6. Overruling decisions of female lead? No, man, Ryan might have more experience but he respects DM's authority like when she recommended Cindy should handle merchandising (with an ulterior motive yes, but her hunch as a team leader/superior was on point)

7. Causing embarrassment to female lead for being wrong or making mistakes in public? Lion doesn't even know what that means. I remember the staff recalling that DM was once fired but they didn't know the reason, and then during the team dinner guessed it was because DM was too forward with her desires. Clearly, Ryan never publicly humiliated/embarassed her but I can guarantee that all other leads would have screamed all details in public view. Infact, he actively saves her from being outed as SNG.

8. Being grumpy or screaming at female lead for being caught with "another guy" and forbidding her to "smile/laugh/meet" another guy? Lol, lion ain't insecure. He was annoyed, listened to her, and also finally told her that she should not deal with EG rashly because he's important to her and he trusts that she won't be swayed.

9. Violation of privacy? Ryan can never do that. He didn't misuse Latte. His conversations with her weren't to ask for information. He told her his issues and waited for response, but didn't probe if there was someone she liked or anything. Others would have.

10. "We cannot fight in the streets. We are educated people." Enough said.

So whenever I switch to any other drama, it just gets me mad and I just go gaga over how amazing Ryan Gold is once again. Same for DM, to be honest, but really, Ryan just wiped the floor with any kdrama lead I have seen so far.

Some very good points, and Ryan is really setting the bar high. He's proof that we don't need toxic masculinity to shape a compelling male lead in k-dramas. But perhaps ratings aren't bursting through the roof because in part people can't quite deal with a man who actually openly communicates with, respects and trusts his other half. We are so used to seeing k-drama male leads turn explosive at the slightest bit of provocation, but Ryan has been surprising people at every turn with his maturity in dealing with things. Even if he feels twinges of jealousy, he is not insecure, and he trusts Deok-mi will handle things if she says she will. I don't expect k-drama male leads to morph into Ryan clones from now, but hopefully this is a start to people realising that toxic masculinity has no place anywhere, in dramas or in society.

Read a comment somewhere else that Ryan "tends to be a bit weepy" (paraphrasing here, but same sentiment). That got me kind of annoyed. I'd rather Ryan come clean with his feelings than keep Deok-mi guessing - like she said, they don't keep secrets from each other and he's being honest about his vulnerable moments. He's been holding in his hurt for many years, and it was only after Deok-mi reassured him it was okay to cry that he gave into his sorrow. I don't see how that's being weepy. Not everyone can be stoic all the time, and Ryan is obviously going through a difficult time. He is allowed to get in touch with his emotions, and no one should be giving him stick for feeling what he is feeling.

(sorry mod about the quoting! Posting one of my favourite photos instead of our lovebirds)

Kim-Jae-Wook-and-Park-Min-Young4.jpg

• Like 19
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

I agree with you all, this drama has ruined me for all others.

The problem with me is that I have started comparing all male leads to Ryan and I'm so dissatisfied.

1. Wrist grab and dragging the female lead against her will is not romantic, Ryan will never do that. He holds her hands so tenderly.

2. Surprise kiss without acknowledgement of interest? Dude no - look at Ryan, the only time he kissed her was after explicit declarations of love and mutual understanding and consent. The thumb kiss? Amazing save there. He didn't just say, I think she likes me and then proceed. He waited for her to come out and tell him. He's great.

3. Broody male lead because of tragic past who randomly shouts at the female lead? No please, she is not your punching bag, be considerate like Ryan, he apologized for ruining the mood and being grumpy even if he knew DM didn't mind. My woke hero knows she is not at fault for his family issues

4. Lack of apologies for any transgressions or shouting? My lion doesn't lead that life.

5. Treating your girlfriend/wife as someone who needs to be protected and not told stuff, more like a child than a life partner? Heck no, Ryan will tell her everything because she's supposed to know if as a long term romantic partner.

6. Overruling decisions of female lead? No, man, Ryan might have more experience but he respects DM's authority like when she recommended Cindy should handle merchandising (with an ulterior motive yes, but her hunch as a team leader/superior was on point)

7. Causing embarrassment to female lead for being wrong or making mistakes in public? Lion doesn't even know what that means. I remember the staff recalling that DM was once fired but they didn't know the reason, and then during the team dinner guessed it was because DM was too forward with her desires. Clearly, Ryan never publicly humiliated/embarassed her but I can guarantee that all other leads would have screamed all details in public view. Infact, he actively saves her from being outed as SNG.

8. Being grumpy or screaming at female lead for being caught with "another guy" and forbidding her to "smile/laugh/meet" another guy? Lol, lion ain't insecure. He was annoyed, listened to her, and also finally told her that she should not deal with EG rashly because he's important to her and he trusts that she won't be swayed.

9. Violation of privacy? Ryan can never do that. He didn't misuse Latte. His conversations with her weren't to ask for information. He told her his issues and waited for response, but didn't probe if there was someone she liked or anything. Others would have.

10. "We cannot fight in the streets. We are educated people." Enough said.

So whenever I switch to any other drama, it just gets me mad and I just go gaga over how amazing Ryan Gold is once again. Same for DM, to be honest, but really, Ryan just wiped the floor with any kdrama lead I have seen so far.

YES!  100% agree.  I couldn't have said it much better than you did.  RG-DM are not your stereotypical kdrama characters in spite of this drama being your standard rom com.  They blew away my expectations!  I'm so not looking forward to next week when this drama ends.  :cold_sweat:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3