[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Ha, while everyone is hoping Ryan and Deok-mi marry and have kids, I'd prefer it if he took her back to New York so she can finally spread her wings as an artist. I can just see Ryan encouraging Deok-mi to hone her craft and become a successful artist in her own right. He would be so proud of her. Surely there are celebrities in New York for her to fangirl over, right? And maybe Shi-an can fly over for the occasional visit, ha.

Looking forward to the next episode, Wednesday can't come sooner!

Also, why so snuggly? :wub:

This snuggly gif made me felt like Deok Mi wants a kiss to her lip from Ryan instead of forehead, from the way she looked at him. :wub:

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, tinkerbelle2004 said:

Anything is possible in kdramaland and everything is up to the dramagods. :lol: If they want a wedding they can always fast forward to a year later or even more.  If they want our OTP to have kids, they can fast forward to 3-5 years later.  For me, i'd love either as long as we keep having lots RG-DM swoon worthy hugs and kisses. :wub:

Lol that is true... but I can't feel that kind of readiness to settle down between the both of them yet.

Dating is definitely more fun than planning a wedding! Haha enjoy it first!!!

• Like 10

how many of us would love it if towards the ending Ryan will sing with CSA? I will swoon of course.

BTW, i think both Soompi writers & TVN PR editors are LaBit shippers and I love it very much.

This the is best drama this year and I know I will be watching this drama many many times over, even though i have lots of drama to catch up.

Love all the casts very much. 

• Like 13

My theories for the ending:

1. DM will be the new PR Manager for Sian.

2. RG and DM will stay in Korea and start a family and make everyone in the family happy. RG will promote more Korean artis both locally and internationally (since he is one of the influential person in art)

3. Director Eom finally will accept Sindy as fangirl to Sian. Maybe Sindy and DM will start the new PR company to promote Sian debut as a solo artis

4. RG will have closure about his family and reunited with them (Lee Sol and Sian)

5. Eun Gi and Cho Da-In will be together too

6. Seo Jun husband will accept Seo Jun as fangirl and support her. He might be already transferred to the variety show section and help to promote Jea-Hyuk with Seo Jun. 

What else I’ve missed 

Edited by orion00
typo
  • Like 12

“Her Private Life,” Kim Jae Wook, And Park Min Young Maintain Positions As Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actors

“Her Private Life,” Kim Jae Wook, And Park Min Young Maintain Positions As Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actors

May 21, 2019

On May 21, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ratings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

The results are from the company’s analysis of 28 dramas that aired or are scheduled to air from May 13 to May 19 in the areas of online articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and views on video clips.

tvN’s “Her Private Life” topped the list of most buzzworthy dramas for the third consecutive week. Along with the drama, Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young also kept their positions at No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on the buzzworthy actors list for two weeks in a row.

In second place was SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Absolute Boyfriend.” Its cast members Girl’s Day’s Minah and Yeo Jin Goo placed No. 3 and No. 4, respectively, on the buzzworthy actors list.

OCN’s “Voice 3” followed in third place with its male lead Lee Jin Wook placing No. 9 on the list of most buzzzworthy actors.

Keeping its fourth place spot from last week was SBS’s “Nokdu Flower,” with two of its male leads Yoon Shi Yoon and Jo Jung Suk entering the buzzworthy actors list at No. 7 and No. 8, respectively.

In fifth place was tvN’s “Abyss,” with its main actress Park Bo Young taking fifth place on the buzzworthy actors list, followed by her co-star Ahn Hyo Seop in sixth place.

Check out the top 10 TV dramas this week:

1. tvN “Her Private Life” – 15.36 percent
2. SBS “Absolute Boyfriend” – 9.77 percent
3. OCN “Voice 3” – 8.3 percent
4. SBS “Nokdu Flower” – 6.76 percent
5. tvN “Abyss” – 6.62 percent
6. KBS2 “Doctor Prisoner” – 6.21 percent
7. MBC “Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo” – 4.86 percent
8. JTBC “Welcome to Waikiki 2” – 4.58 percent
9. KBS2 “Left-handed Wife” – 4.19 percent
10. KBS2 “Mother of Mine” – 3.62 percent

• Like 16

There is a difference between Ratings and Buzzworthy and eventhough HPL is playing around 2 to 3% ratings, it is also considered very successful drama because it has been consistently topping Buzzworthy charts. 

Buzzworthy, I believe, means with obsessed fans always being talked about. Because of their amazingly natural chemistry. :D

Mother of Mine is currently the highest rating among airing dramas in Korea I think but the viewers are not obsessed with the drama. Like after watching every Sat and Sun, they won't talk about it anymore. 

HPL leads chemistry definitely has impact on fans. The speed of this thread alone is an example. :lol:

• Like 17
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, ImAryaStark said:

There is a difference between Ratings and Buzzworthy and eventhough HPL is playing around 2 to 3% ratings, it is also considered very successful drama because it has been consistently topping Buzzworthy charts. 

Buzzworthy, I believe, means with obsessed fans always being talked about. Because of their amazingly natural chemistry. :D

Mother of Mine is currently the highest rating among airing dramas in Korea I think but the viewers are not obsessed with the drama. Like after watching every Sat and Sun, they won't talk about it anymore. 

HPL leads chemistry definitely has impact on fans. 

You are right, buzzworthy is the talk about drama mostly online on social media portal. So whatever keywords and hashtags of HPL, KJW n PMY on social media will contribute to the percentage. 

Ratings are the percentage on how many house watch the drama on air (on tv) not on phone live stream. Weekend drama will always have higher percentage as compared to weekdays drama because it it less competition and weekends are the time ahjummas can sit down and watch the drama. Hence weekend drama are mostly drama about family as the older generation love this genre. 

HPL creates more phenomenon after each episode is aired as the fans seems like cannot stop to talk about it. That is why tvN is treating us almost everyday. They release photos or videos bit by bit daily. This is one of a way to keep this drama on buzzworthy chart

• Like 14

3 hours ago, orion00 said:

I’m sure many realised this KJW always say beautiful to PMY in the bts from earlier episode until now. No wonder our heart is fluttering seeing this couple. 

This one from priinger is my fav

He will lean on PMY until ep.16. I keep repeating this video. 

Till our MC said, 'Please keep leaning on her'. So happy watching them comfortable to each other..

*ups, made a typoo.. Our MC said 'Please stop leaning on her' :lol::sweatingbullets:B)

• Like 13
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, sillygal said:

This snuggly gif made me felt like Deok Mi wants a kiss to her lip from Ryan instead of forehead, from the way she looked at him. :wub:

Haha, then he should have just kissed her and taken her to bed!

Another article, apologies if it's been posted, it's hard to keep track: https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/her-private-life-top-korean-drama-popularity/

K-Drama

“Her Private Life” Continues To Dominate TV Drama & Actor Popularity For Two Consecutive Weeks

By abbyinhallyuland | May 21, 2019

Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook’s love pairing in Her Private Life continues to delight drama fans for two weeks in a row.

According to the survey released by GOOD DATA CORPORATION, Her Private Life is the most talked about drama from May 13 to 19.

Her Private Life1

The series also topped the index last week for week covering May 6 to 12. Besting out 28 currently airing television dramas, the tvN romantic comedy ranked first based on online articles, blogs, SNS and video responses.

Depicting the story of an idol fangirl who hides her identity to keep her regular job as a museum curator, Her Private Life has been stable and consistently heightening its story movement.

FB_IMG_1558420176908.jpg?resize=620%2C41

Through its neat rom-com vibe and excellent portrayals of main leads, Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young. Both have also secured the top spots for popular TV actors. Moreover, the original soundtracks featured in the drama have also generated positive responses, especially Ha Sung Woon’s “Think of You”.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

A fun recap of episodes 11 and 12 from Dramas with a Side of Kimchi:

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/05/20/her-private-life-episodes-11-12-a-chatty-recap/

ETA: My fave bits:

A big reveal everyone saw coming happens at the end of these two episodes, which were also full of tons of OTP moments that felt like we were just watching Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook dating, instead of acting. Is it a deep plot full of intensely layered characters? Nope, but it still has some of The Fangirls swooning.

[...]

Karie the Maknae: This fluff drama is hitting all the right buttons for me. I love the demonstration of a healthy, respectful relationship without everyone being too good to actually exist. And I have a deep appreciation for the fact that tortured introspection looks good on Kim Jae Wook. I’m very much looking forward to the next episodes.

[...]

Kdrama Jen: I love this couple. Sure, the plot is predictable and meh, but the chemistry and banter and couple-time are keeping me going. I could watch these two throw flour at one another and play games for hours. I love them!

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, orion00 said:

My theories for the ending:

1. DM will be the new PR Manager for Sian.

2. RG and DM will stay in Korea and start a family and make everyone in the family happy. RG will promote more Korean artis both locally and internationally (since he is one of the influential person in art)

3. Director Eom finally will accept Sindy as fangirl to Sian. Maybe Sindy and DM will start the new PR company to promote Sian debut as a solo artis

4. RG will have closure about his family and reunited with them (Lee Sol and Sian)

5. Eun Gi and Cho Da-In will be together too

6. Seo Jun husband will accept Seo Jun as fangirl and support her. He might be already transferred to the variety show section and help to promote Jea-Hyuk with Seo Jun. 

What else I’ve missed 

What about those two staff at the gallery ? :)

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, ladidada7 said:

I mean that when KJW taking PMY pictures during BTS. He always says 'yeppeuda'  to PMS when he is snapping her picture. And also during the kitchen scene when he smearing flour to PMYS face. :wub:

• Like 13

My Finale episode fantasy would be a big White Ocean concert where Shi An would do a killer performance and sing a song where he will call his Hyung on stage and see both RG and SA on stage and whatever they sing together is part of the OST. DM and Lee Sol will be both watching front row fan-girling/supporting the two :wub: SJ's barista will be part of the music collaboration so SJ and her husband will be watching front row too, as well as Sindy with her Mom who finally accepts her daughter being a fangirl :blush:  DM's co workers will be there also and can we not forget DM's parents.. and EG and CDA together where they are starting to like each other :D EG's mom will be there too. Fast forward to a few more years, an epilogue maybe.. RG and DM are happily married with kids where RG is making art alongside DM while still being a true fangirl on the side. :heart::):star:

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, orion00 said:

I mean that when KJW taking PMY pictures during BTS. He always says 'yeppeuda'  to PMS when he is snapping her picture. And also during the kitchen scene when he smearing flour to PMYS face. :wub:

Hahai, I do agree.. 

Yeah KJW always say 'yeppeuda', like anytime he can say that. I know that PMY is a goddess, and he always mention it without being shy. He just being straightforward. Yeah.. 

The kitchen scene was so lovey-dovey. I've been repeating BTS ep 11-12 many times since it uploaded. Their chemistry is no joke :wub:

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, orion00 said:

My theory is they will be together. I also guess that Sian-Sindy will be a couple. 

I think so too for the two staff! -- curious how they are going to seal the deal ;) 

As for Si-an and Sindy, I'm in twos actually. A part of me thought it'd be kinda cute (esp since they have a movie together which is coming out soon) but then, how is it going to happen within these 4 episodes ? 

• Like 8