Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

2 minutes ago, tinkerbelle2004 said:

I can relate to that because i'm experiencing the same syndrome :lol:.  It used to be that i would have some kdrama to keep me busy every day but with HPL, i keep lurking for spoilers, insights, GIFs, artwork, etc of our OTP.  I did try to start on another rom com but i find myself comparing the lead couple with RG-DM every time! :unsure: I'd keep hoping for the lion & rabbit's sizzling on-screen chemistry on the other leads.  Any hope for an extension??? :bawling:

Me too!! I can’t watch another drama especially romcom genre because I keep replaying HPL episodes. 

Everytime I saw another romcom couple on Youtube, I’m starting to compare them to Ryan and Deok Mi. Especially the male lead! You will never go past Ryan :tounge_xd:

No hope for extention I think, because WWW already set its premiere date. But mayyybeee if miracle happens, pdnim could give us like a special episode again. but it’s very very unlikely. 

For now, I just hope for bluray release and another project for KJW and PMY.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, larus said:

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Meet The Mother Of All Questions In “Her Private Life”

Haha, of course they have to meet in the Elevator of Fate. It's the hippiest, most happening place ever in Seoul where encounters have an extra layer of spice and kinkiness.

I guess Shi-an doesn't know his mum goes by (or used to go by) the name Lee Sol?  Although it wouldn't be surprising if he did (he knows!) and was doing all that stuff (about the paintings) as a way to reach out to Ryan. It would be nice to see Shi-an and Deok-mi team up to heal any rifts between Ryan and his mother. Might have the added side-effect of easing her fangirling over Shi-an - I mean, if he's gonna be her brother-in-law in the future...

22 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

I agree with you all, this drama has ruined me for all others.

The problem with me is that I have started comparing all male leads to Ryan and I'm so dissatisfied.

1. Wrist grab and dragging the female lead against her will is not romantic, Ryan will never do that. He holds her hands so tenderly.

2. Surprise kiss without acknowledgement of interest? Dude no - look at Ryan, the only time he kissed her was after explicit declarations of love and mutual understanding and consent. The thumb kiss? Amazing save there. He didn't just say, I think she likes me and then proceed. He waited for her to come out and tell him. He's great.

3. Broody male lead because of tragic past who randomly shouts at the female lead? No please, she is not your punching bag, be considerate like Ryan, he apologized for ruining the mood and being grumpy even if he knew DM didn't mind. My woke hero knows she is not at fault for his family issues

4. Lack of apologies for any transgressions or shouting? My lion doesn't lead that life.

5. Treating your girlfriend/wife as someone who needs to be protected and not told stuff, more like a child than a life partner? Heck no, Ryan will tell her everything because she's supposed to know if as a long term romantic partner.

6. Overruling decisions of female lead? No, man, Ryan might have more experience but he respects DM's authority like when she recommended Cindy should handle merchandising (with an ulterior motive yes, but her hunch as a team leader/superior was on point)

7. Causing embarrassment to female lead for being wrong or making mistakes in public? Lion doesn't even know what that means. I remember the staff recalling that DM was once fired but they didn't know the reason, and then during the team dinner guessed it was because DM was too forward with her desires. Clearly, Ryan never publicly humiliated/embarassed her but I can guarantee that all other leads would have screamed all details in public view. Infact, he actively saves her from being outed as SNG.

8. Being grumpy or screaming at female lead for being caught with "another guy" and forbidding her to "smile/laugh/meet" another guy? Lol, lion ain't insecure. He was annoyed, listened to her, and also finally told her that she should not deal with EG rashly because he's important to her and he trusts that she won't be swayed.

9. Violation of privacy? Ryan can never do that. He didn't misuse Latte. His conversations with her weren't to ask for information. He told her his issues and waited for response, but didn't probe if there was someone she liked or anything. Others would have.

10. "We cannot fight in the streets. We are educated people." Enough said.

So whenever I switch to any other drama, it just gets me mad and I just go gaga over how amazing Ryan Gold is once again. Same for DM, to be honest, but really, Ryan just wiped the floor with any kdrama lead I have seen so far.

Some very good points, and Ryan is really setting the bar high. He's proof that we don't need toxic masculinity to shape a compelling male lead in k-dramas. But perhaps ratings aren't bursting through the roof because in part people can't quite deal with a man who actually openly communicates with, respects and trusts his other half. We are so used to seeing k-drama male leads turn explosive at the slightest bit of provocation, but Ryan has been surprising people at every turn with his maturity in dealing with things. Even if he feels twinges of jealousy, he is not insecure, and he trusts Deok-mi will handle things if she says she will. I don't expect k-drama male leads to morph into Ryan clones from now, but hopefully this is a start to people realising that toxic masculinity has no place anywhere, in dramas or in society.

Read a comment somewhere else that Ryan "tends to be a bit weepy" (paraphrasing here, but same sentiment). That got me kind of annoyed. I'd rather Ryan come clean with his feelings than keep Deok-mi guessing - like she said, they don't keep secrets from each other and he's being honest about his vulnerable moments. He's been holding in his hurt for many years, and it was only after Deok-mi reassured him it was okay to cry that he gave into his sorrow. I don't see how that's being weepy. Not everyone can be stoic all the time, and Ryan is obviously going through a difficult time. He is allowed to get in touch with his emotions, and no one should be giving him stick for feeling what he is feeling.

(sorry mod about the quoting! Posting one of my favourite photos instead of our lovebirds)

Kim-Jae-Wook-and-Park-Min-Young4.jpg

• Like 19
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

I agree with you all, this drama has ruined me for all others.

The problem with me is that I have started comparing all male leads to Ryan and I'm so dissatisfied.

1. Wrist grab and dragging the female lead against her will is not romantic, Ryan will never do that. He holds her hands so tenderly.

2. Surprise kiss without acknowledgement of interest? Dude no - look at Ryan, the only time he kissed her was after explicit declarations of love and mutual understanding and consent. The thumb kiss? Amazing save there. He didn't just say, I think she likes me and then proceed. He waited for her to come out and tell him. He's great.

3. Broody male lead because of tragic past who randomly shouts at the female lead? No please, she is not your punching bag, be considerate like Ryan, he apologized for ruining the mood and being grumpy even if he knew DM didn't mind. My woke hero knows she is not at fault for his family issues

4. Lack of apologies for any transgressions or shouting? My lion doesn't lead that life.

5. Treating your girlfriend/wife as someone who needs to be protected and not told stuff, more like a child than a life partner? Heck no, Ryan will tell her everything because she's supposed to know if as a long term romantic partner.

6. Overruling decisions of female lead? No, man, Ryan might have more experience but he respects DM's authority like when she recommended Cindy should handle merchandising (with an ulterior motive yes, but her hunch as a team leader/superior was on point)

7. Causing embarrassment to female lead for being wrong or making mistakes in public? Lion doesn't even know what that means. I remember the staff recalling that DM was once fired but they didn't know the reason, and then during the team dinner guessed it was because DM was too forward with her desires. Clearly, Ryan never publicly humiliated/embarassed her but I can guarantee that all other leads would have screamed all details in public view. Infact, he actively saves her from being outed as SNG.

8. Being grumpy or screaming at female lead for being caught with "another guy" and forbidding her to "smile/laugh/meet" another guy? Lol, lion ain't insecure. He was annoyed, listened to her, and also finally told her that she should not deal with EG rashly because he's important to her and he trusts that she won't be swayed.

9. Violation of privacy? Ryan can never do that. He didn't misuse Latte. His conversations with her weren't to ask for information. He told her his issues and waited for response, but didn't probe if there was someone she liked or anything. Others would have.

10. "We cannot fight in the streets. We are educated people." Enough said.

So whenever I switch to any other drama, it just gets me mad and I just go gaga over how amazing Ryan Gold is once again. Same for DM, to be honest, but really, Ryan just wiped the floor with any kdrama lead I have seen so far.

YES!  100% agree.  I couldn't have said it much better than you did.  RG-DM are not your stereotypical kdrama characters in spite of this drama being your standard rom com.  They blew away my expectations!  I'm so not looking forward to next week when this drama ends.  :cold_sweat:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

@tensaitekikuroneko Love your post about Ryan vs typical K-drama male leads! I would like to add another point, although this might be more of a comparison to real life. I love that he doesn't belittle Deokmi's passion for fangirling. He may not share it, but he respects that it's important to her and he tries to learn more about it, and he pays attention when Deokmi talks about it (like a recapper commented, his eyes didn't even glaze over once! :D).

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Has anyone wondered why they are in the lift at Ryan's home in the same outfit (ending of episode 12)? Wasn't it late at work already then?? They didnt go home? Heh

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

jTlLsXr.jpg

Kim Jae Wook in that suit is :heart::heart: If I were Deok Mi, I probably will drag him to my house instead gallery :tounge_xd: 

And Deok Mi outfit looking great too

• Like 14
  • LOL 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Kim Jae Wook in that suit is :heart::heart: If I were Deok Mi, I probably will drag him to my house instead gallery :tounge_xd: 

And Deok Mi outfit looking great too

I knowww...KJW in a three-piece suit...something I foolishly never thought I needed in my life but now I know I do! :lol: Of course I also love seeing them all affectionate in the stills, like you would expect from a couple in love. :wub: (That was one of the things that I found weird in WWWSK, like even after they'd already slept together I felt like they lacked physical affection in their daily interactions. I'm glad it's not like that this time.)

@mmac80 Aww, I love that YJS sent her that truck! Busted castmates FTW. :D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 14
  • LOL 1

Another Busted co-star sent an ice cream truck to PMY and HPL. Awww...

• Like 16

Posted (edited)

So sweet of KJW's hoobae colleague to send him coffee truck but look at the banner. They cheered on Park Minyoung as well.

Usually it's just one's name.

3 hours ago, Hueee said:

Her dress here looks really nice.

Look at the 2nd slide :""
The full body shot.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including IG. Thanks.
  • Like 14
  • Love 1

I'm going to find and get this doll in Seoul next month!! i wish i can get the owner of the shoulder too :w00t:

but i guess that shoulder belongs to Miss Bunny Bunny :phew:

Hoxgnhd.jpg

• Like 20
  • LOL 3

43 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

I'm going to find and get this doll in Seoul next month!! i wish i can get the owner of the shoulder too :w00t:

but i guess that shoulder belongs to Miss Bunny Bunny :phew:

Is that doll become official merchandise for HPL? I think the doll that Si An gave to SiNaGil-nim during fanmeeting become a merchandise too.

:joy: no need merchandise, I just need the owner of that shoulder! Do I need to fight with Deok Mi to get that? :tounge_xd:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

51 minutes ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

So sweet of KJW's hoobae colleague to send him coffee truck but look at the banner. They cheered on Park Minyoung as well.

Usually it's just one's name.

Oohh really? Can you help translate what is written on the banner? :)

• Like 5