[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

@tensaitekikuroneko Love your post about Ryan vs typical K-drama male leads! I would like to add another point, although this might be more of a comparison to real life. I love that he doesn't belittle Deokmi's passion for fangirling. He may not share it, but he respects that it's important to her and he tries to learn more about it, and he pays attention when Deokmi talks about it (like a recapper commented, his eyes didn't even glaze over once! :D).

• Like 15
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Kim Jae Wook in that suit is :heart::heart: If I were Deok Mi, I probably will drag him to my house instead gallery :tounge_xd: 

And Deok Mi outfit looking great too

I knowww...KJW in a three-piece suit...something I foolishly never thought I needed in my life but now I know I do! :lol: Of course I also love seeing them all affectionate in the stills, like you would expect from a couple in love. :wub: (That was one of the things that I found weird in WWWSK, like even after they'd already slept together I felt like they lacked physical affection in their daily interactions. I'm glad it's not like that this time.)

@mmac80 Aww, I love that YJS sent her that truck! Busted castmates FTW. :D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 14
  • LOL 1

So sweet of KJW's hoobae colleague to send him coffee truck but look at the banner. They cheered on Park Minyoung as well.

Usually it's just one's name.

3 hours ago, Hueee said:

Her dress here looks really nice.

Look at the 2nd slide :""
The full body shot.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including IG. Thanks.
  • Like 14
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

I'm going to find and get this doll in Seoul next month!! i wish i can get the owner of the shoulder too :w00t:

but i guess that shoulder belongs to Miss Bunny Bunny :phew:

Is that doll become official merchandise for HPL? I think the doll that Si An gave to SiNaGil-nim during fanmeeting become a merchandise too.

:joy: no need merchandise, I just need the owner of that shoulder! Do I need to fight with Deok Mi to get that? :tounge_xd:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

51 minutes ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

So sweet of KJW's hoobae colleague to send him coffee truck but look at the banner. They cheered on Park Minyoung as well.

Usually it's just one's name.

Oohh really? Can you help translate what is written on the banner? :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dramageek said:

So I think the childhood story can be utilized more than just an old drama trope. I think the writer intend to create contrast, between Ryan and Eun Gi.  Albeit the same background, both born from unwed single mother, both in artistic field, lived in the same neighboorhood, Ryan and Eun gi having different path in life. Nam Editor chose to put his son into her family registry and let foster parents raised him (open adoption), so she was not separated with her son. Bravely took risk that her name registered as an unwed mother and let go of her chance to marry (due to social stigma). While Lee Sol chose to let go of her son for overseas adoption, maybe hoping for better future for him, coz she was a struggling artist and single mom. Letting go of her son made her be able to start over and had another child, but always regretting the separation. Both kids turn out allright, they become sucessful in their own path. But for Ryan, as korean overseas adoptee, no matter how good their adopted parents are, the scar in his heart still remain. To understand the struggle of an international adoptee, this is a good read https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/magazine/why-a-generation-of-adoptees-is-returning-to-south-korea.html.

So I think the childhood story if done right, can be a nod to overseas korean adoptee. How to deal meeting the biological family after being estranged for so long. How to come to term with dual identity as a korean descent raised in western culture, etc.

Thanks for the research. This information really give me hopes. If that was the reason why RG omma let him adopted overseas, i think RG will understand. It can be the best solution for his childhood trauma. 

For the first time, i saw Lee Seol as CSA omma. I thought she wasn't the type who will abandone her own kid. There must be a strong reason why she let RG adopted by others. 

Hopefully, RG's trauma will heal for good.. No more trauma. Just focus on your future, and that cute little bunny beside you :D:wub:

• Like 10

•  

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Share A Tender Morning Kiss In “Her Private Life”

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Share A Tender Morning Kiss In “Her Private Life”

May 22, 2019
by S. Nam

tvN’s  drama “Her Private Life” has shared new romantic stills of Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook on their way to work!

The Wednesday-Thursday drama has been dominating the buzzworthy drama list, topping Good Data Corporation’s list of most buzzworthy dramas for three consecutive weeks.  Along with the drama, Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young have also kept their positions as No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, on the buzzworthy actors list for two weeks in a row, proving the drama’s popularity.

In the newly released stills, Park Min Young (playing Sung Duk Mi) and Kim Jae Wook (playing Ryan Gold) are showing their adorable chemistry from the break of dawn. They are looking lovingly into each other’s gaze as they share a conversation nonstop, making viewers fawn over their undeniable sweetness.

Her-Private-Life-42.jpg

Notably, Park Min Young has transformed into Kim Jae Wook’s “Morning Angel.” After stroking Kim Jae Wook’s cheeks, Park Min Young stands on her tiptoes to deliver a heart-fluttering kiss on his cheek. Her unexpected morning kiss wakes Kim Jae Wook up completely from his morning grogginess. Viewers also felt their hearts flutter while seeing the lovely couple smile because they seemed as if they were happy just by looking into each other’s eyes.

Her-Private-Life-51.jpg

The production team of “Her Private Life” shared, “Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook, after sharing his childhood secret with her, will show an even sturdier and stronger love. Please keep an eye out until the end for the two people’s romance, which will become stronger as it gets deeper.”

“Her Private Life” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. Catch the latest episode below!

• Like 15
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, I doubt that LS abandoned her son, rather that he must have gone lost. From my point of view, RG witnessed something terrible to the point that he got amnesia. I also don't think that DM's mother meant to abandon him. She just stated the obvious: she wasn't his mother which was true and since she was under pressure, she left him behind as she had rushed somewhere. 

I'm beginning to think this is possible! They were separated through unfortunate circumstances. Ryan was found by DM's mum. But she could not afford to keep another child at home and hence she placed him in the orphanage.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Reggiee8 said:

I'm beginning to think this is possible! They were separated through unfortunate circumstances. Ryan was found by DM's mum. But she could not afford to keep another child at home and hence she placed him in the orphanage.

Ooh, what if both Eun Gi and Ryan were placed in the orphanage at some point and DM's mom chose to foster Eun Gi instead of Ryan...in an alternate universe she could have chosen Ryan and he and DM would grow up to be pseudo-siblings! (Hello makjang!) Disclaimer, I haven't been analyzing the plot so this is probably totally senseless; I just liked the idea. :D

• Like 11
  • LOL 5