[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much @butchixanhdotcom and @briseis  :wub:

Actually I just realized that the song name , the word 그리다 (그리는) has 2 meaning which are 'paint' or 'miss /long for'

So I think the song name should be 'the night I miss you'  .   (Probably I translated as 'the night that paints you' because it sounds more poetic .... LOL :P

Sorry for misleading.  (so embarrassed....:flushed:

15 hours ago, immorethant said:

IG of the actor who played the guy tampered with Mr. Jo's car.

His name is Lee Je Yeon  , but in ALML his role is Ki Joon Soo  (I'm quite surprised that his character even has name , so he may appear again in this drama).

He's also in 'The Fiery Priest' 

Regarding OST, I also noticed from ending credit that there're 2 more songs.

QrDx2gB.png

1. 'Welcome Rain' - by Lee Moon Sae

2. 'Stay' -  by  O.WHEN   

3. 'Oh My Angel'  - by CHAI

4. 'Sweeter' - by Jess Penner

5.  '너란 빛으로  (It's you who're glowing) '  - by Fromm (프롬)

6. '널 그리는 밤 (The night I miss you***)'  - by L (Kim Myung Soo)  

Actually I think there should be another song. 

Because beside L and Lee Moon Sae, I heard 2 songs from male singers.

One is the scene that Dan's looking for YS's shoes (and also the scene the security guy came to replay CCTV tape).

Another song was played in opening title and also the scene that YS and JKW floted the lantern together.

Another song was played when YS smiled at Mr. Jo funeral, but it's just a a humm of female voice , not sure if it's a full song with lyric or if it's from Fromm. 

*** (edited)  널 그리는 밤  , actually 그리는 can be translated as paint or missing , so I think the correct word should be 'the night I miss you' 

Why " l missing"? 널  it's you. 날 this I. I think, this can be translated as " You painting/ missing night". 

46 minutes ago, Екатерина Зудилова said:

Why " l missing"? 널  it's you. 날 this I. I think, this can be translated as " You painting/ missing night".

Not sure if my Korean is good enough to explain this , but I will try  (and if I'm wrong, please accept my apology).  Really wish @meechuttso is here.

널 is short form of 너를  (너 = you 를 = object particle), so 'you' is object of the sentence .

And the word '그리' shows that 'paint you/miss you' acts as an adjective describing the word 'night', so 'night' is not object of the sentence.

The verbatim translation should be 'the night that miss you' , however, I think Korean speaking mostly omit subject 'I' from the sentence.   So if the verb is 'miss' not 'paint' then the more understandable translation should be 'the night I miss you'   .  But if the verb is 'paint' (more poetic)' then it should be 'the night that paints you' 

I think the correct word should be 'miss you' .

Also from the part of lyric.

별 떨어지는 이 밤 혼자 널 떠올려 보다

This star-falling night, it's like I'm alone missing you.

42 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

I didn’t expect L’s voice to be so good.

I recalled from V-Live interview that SHS also took part in this song/MV. 

So L must really sing this song for her :P:wub:

35 minutes ago, immorethant said:

I recalled from V-Live interview that SHS also took part in this song/MV. 

So L must really sing this song for her :P:wub:

She was there when he recorded or did he sing again for her? Qs! Qs! 

1 hour ago, briseis said:

Kim Myung Soo (L)'s OST Part 3 - The Night that Paints You

Thank you!

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Actually I just realized that the song name , the word 그리다 (그리는) has 2 meaning which are 'paint' or 'miss /long for'

So I think the song name should be 'the night I miss you'  .   (Probably I translated as 'the night that paints you' because it sounds more poetic .... LOL :P

Sorry for misleading.  (so embarrassed....:flushed:

Actually, you're good. The double meaning is intentional, and the original song from years ago with the same title and another one that is about drawing you both carry more the 'drawing you'/'picturing you'/'imagining you' nuance. So as you can see from my quick translation below, it's really in the sense, "Picture This!" - draw or paint, less about missing, but both meanings reinforce one another.

As always, great job, @immorethant you're getting scary good!

And it's a beautiful song in any language, and the word are  so powerful sung by L/Dan, knowing that it is of Yeon-Seo he sings so sweetly. I tried to convey the nuances of the beautifully poetic words!

(Verse 1)

The sound of cold winds
차가운 바람소리가

When it touches my room window
내방 창문에 닿을 때

(causes me to) think of you who came to me quietly (gently/secretly/furtively)
살며시 내게 왔던 널 생각해

Slowly, little by little you
천천히 조금씩 네가

When you knocked ever more on the door of my heart
내 맘 문을 점점 두드릴 때에

About that moment
그때 쯤

I may have known about it already
알았는지도 몰라 나

That from then every night I
앞으로 매일 밤 나

With thoughts of you my heart bit by bit become full
네 생각으로 조금씩 가득 찰 거란 걸

(Chorus)

While alone I imagine you on this night with stars falling
별 떨어지는 이 밤 혼자 널 떠올려 보다

This heart of mine growing faint, (I wonder) if you too can understand

아련해지는 이 맘 너도 알까

Cherry blossoms blowing warm breezes on moonlit night
벚꽃이 흩날리는 밤 달빛 따뜻한 바람

Under that night sky me, alone, picturing you (in my mind)
그 아래 혼자 널 그리는 밤

(Verse 2)

Those cold night breezes
차가웠던 밤공기가

When they touch my two cheeks
나의 두 뺨을 스칠 때

I think of you who came to me quietly
살며시 내게 왔던 널 생각해

Bit by bit it grew and grew
조금씩 계속 번져가

Until my head is completely full of thoughts of you
내 머릿속은 온통 네 생각인데

Only now
이제서야

I might have realized it
알아 챈 지도 몰라 나

From henceforth day by day that my
앞으로 하루하루 나

Nights filled to the brim with your thoughts would be
널 생각하는 밤들로 가득 찰 거란 걸

(Chorus repeat above)
별 떨어지는 이 밤 혼자 널 떠올려 보다
아련해지는 이 맘 너도 알까
벚꽃이 흩날리는 밤 달빛 따뜻한 바람
그 아래 혼자 널 그리는 밤

(Bridge)

If perchance such a heart of mine is touched
이런 내 맘 혹시 닿는다면

And is the end of nights picturing you
널 그리는 밤 끝이라면

(Chorus)

When alone I imagine you on this night with stars falling
별 떨어지는 이 밤 혼자 널 떠올려 보다

This heart of mine growing faint, (I wonder) if you too can understand
아련해지는 이 맘 너도 알까

Cherry blossoms blowing warm breezes on moonlit night
별꽃이 흩날리는 밤 달빛 따뜻한 바람

You who have filled it, you who have become full in my heart
그 안에 가득 채운 널 내 맘속 가득해진 널

A night when I (by myself) picture such a you
그런 널 혼자 그려보는 밤

Enjoy! :love:

You who have filled it, you who have become full in my heart”

So beautiful! I literally had goosebumps. But the lyrics make me wonder if they’ll have separation for a bit? :ph34r:

Alright, I’m gonna hit the sack! The sooner I hit, the sooner I’ll see my OTP! :lol:

I was wondering where he Dan got the "Noisy Gong" nickname. It really is from the bible. I think this is the "love" his mission pertains to.

From biblegateway.com:

1 Corinthians 13 New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

YS living a life without love can result to bitterness, anger, self centerdness and a life full of disatisfaction. Saying and doing good things without love as your motivation and as your ultimate goal can all just be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal, an irritating, hollow and empty noise.

I guess the ost that was released fits the next theme of the show.. Seems like he slowly is becoming aware of his feelings fo her.. In the song he says that slowly his thoughts became full of her.. which is something we have noticed throughout the first 4 episodes..

even though she is his task on earth.. he was not used to feeling emotions and acting on them...

And i guess after that night he is slowly becoming aware of what his body is trying to tell him..

I cant wait for the new episode :blush:

This song is so sweet and sweeter when reading lyric (from @meechuttso , thank you so much :wub:).

I can listen over and over again. :blush::love:

Can’t wait for tonight !

And what’s our an angel doing ? :blink:

The article quoted the production crew saying that Dan is preparing a gift for Yeon-Seo at the beach, but article didn't say what kind of gift ?????

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/news/단-하나의-사랑-신혜선과-키스한-김명수-이벤트에-구슬땀오늘tv/ar-AACqfSL

AACqi1P.img?h=1080&w=1920&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

Apparently, Dan is preparing a surprise gift for YS on that beach because that place has a special meaning for her

FZyYOlO.jpg

Spoiler

qnfZp83.jpgAvBqvLO.jpg

KJW

KhIvucY.jpg

Spoiler

1fTaVN3.jpgoTpSwtq.jpg

Bigger stills of the ballet training

CrTcoOu.jpg

Spoiler

LDNGXHN.jpgYOEdX0W.jpg

source: KBS, osen

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

And what’s our an angel doing ? :blink:

The article quoted the production crew saying that Dan is preparing a gift for Yeon-Seo at the beach, but article didn't say what kind of gift ?????

Omg i can't wait to see this!!!!! 

Few more hours to go for new episodes!!!! Yay!

25 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

Where do i live stream?? Help

Hope this will work.

https://aqstream.com/ko/kbs2/KBS2-Stream-3-LD

21 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

@immorethant

Thanks for the photos! I hope that KD isn't preparing that "gift" as JKW's proposal to LYS! I would be so upset. :unsure:

Yes, I hope the same.  Please Dan, don't bring JKW to the beach and tell YS that this guy is her gift.  :bawling::bawling:

Archived