meechuttso

Hello Angels...

This is what we know re: LYS

- both of her parents died

- She was forced to then be raised by ahjhussi

- She became the lead ballerina in the company

- Afterwards, the "accident" occurred during the show and she lost her sight

- This caused her to stop dancing for three years

- During this time, her understudy has taken her place as the lead ballerina in the company

- The same understudy's family has also taken over the foundation that consequently her parents used to be over

- She steps out in public for the first time with ahjhussi on the same night the company is celebrating an anniversary

- The same night, she ends up in another "accident" that ultimately kills ahjhussi and she is hospitalized

- After receiving ahjhussi's corneas, she can now see, but can barely walk due to the psychological trauma from his death

I am just going to stop here...

In the real world, the average person would see all of these things happening to a person and think that they either have some serious karma to atone for or someone is sabotaging them. Granted those classless girls at the funeral alluded to the uncle's accident not being an accident, but rather some type of foul play, but I would think everyone would be a bit suspicious by now. As nice as it would be for LYS to be nicer to people, she has been through A LOT! More than the average person could possibly deal with and yet, she still has a strong sense of purpose. 

Ni Na knows that her mother and/or sister is behind some of this mess, she just doesn't have the time or the strength to deal with it. She too has goals and aspirations as a dancer, but she is going to have to stop comparing herself to LYS. That is the death of a performer. Also, whether it was the mom or the sister behind the car accident, eventually the truth will begin to seep out. I am just glad LYS has KD by her side now because she is going to need him. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Content Power Index (CPI) during May 20-26 

1 PRODUCEX101  
2 OneSpringNight 
3 AngelsLastMissionLove      
4 HerPrivateLife   
5 sonsational  
6 ILiveAlone 
7 TheSecretLifeOfMySecretary 
8 Voice3 
9 Abyss 
10 MyLittleOldBoy

0e83SLm.jpg

7 hours ago, briseis said:

Personally, I think it's for the one-hour format episodes

6 hours ago, jakey09 said:

If that’s it meaning they are done shooting half way? If that’s the case then I guess they will be done shooting way before time. 

LDG also said in V-Live K-Talk (on May 22nd) that now the shooting reached episode 9  which I think he talked based on 16 episode of 1 hour (if you check the old post of this thread that KBS promoted this drama in Busan contents market they also said the drama has 16 eps of 70 min) - but sometimes it depends, KBS IG often counted on 32 ep base. But again as I checked on page 5 of this thread, the scene that Dan came to YS's house for interview was shot since Apr 5, so it was 2 months ago and it's not possible if now they just reach ep 9 of total 32 , it's more suitable for ep 9 of 16.

So now they passed the half-way :) which I'm glad to know that because I prefer to see the production team has more time to edit and put CGI so the rest of the drama can have the same quality as the early episodes.  

12 minutes ago, immorethant said:

LDG also said in V-Live K-Talk (on May 22nd) that now the shooting reached episode 9  which I think in Korea they talked based on 16 episode of 1 hour (if you check the old post of this thread that KBS promoted this drama in Busan contents market they also said the drama has 16 eps of 70 min) .

So now they passed the half-way :) which I'm glad to know that because I prefer to see the production team has more time to edit and put CGI so the rest of the drama can have the same quality as the early episodes.  

I think, it’s also cause Hae Sun probably have to start shooting for her movie in July (if) so the girl needs resting time. When did the shooting start? Early May? So probably an other month of shooting left? Or 2/3 weeks? 

There better be some exciting BTS! And they should concentrate on happy ending! 

Oh oh that reminds me! Does that mean there’s no kiss before episode 8 or is there and that’s why OTP acting the way they are acting?! :lol:

11 minutes ago, briseis said:

New stills featuring the rain scene between YS and the ballet director

source: newsen

Why is he so near her? :ph34r:

We still don’t know what happened between these two, if they know each other before ... I really hope they didn’t have any kind of relationship! 

Finally it's Wednesday already! I can't wait to see new episode tonight!!!! Thanks in advance for those who will be doing watching live and can update :D

But it's bad that I'm only looking forward to see the otp scenes now. From last scene last episode, I hope no one opens the door to LDG, don't disturb my otp having their save-princess-with-angel-wings moment ok, please! Go home and eat cake yourself dear. :P

And you you shine like the sun
you will kiss me before this day is done

(from 'Sweeter' by Jess Penner)

745164_443283_505.jpg

I'm looking forward to the scene that YS pulls Dan's wings that we saw from teaser (which she dressed the same clothes as the ending of 4th episode).

Also curious if she can see and pulls his wing, does it mean she know he's angel ? But it shouldn't happen so early at this stage B) :rolleyes:  

It seems that the party that they pull each other's hair is YS's birthday party ?  Why does LDG also know her birthday and bought the cake , or is it just congratulationscake for her eyes recovery ?

So excited to find out tonight.  

From KBS World.

(with song from Infinite)

From Korea Now

19 hours ago, iffy21 said:

@meechuttso - sorry for cutting your post, but what is data and how important is this for ratings? I am also surprised to see Spring Night and Her Private Life taking a higher position than our ALML.  :-( 

hi @iffy21 this does matter, for the advertiser bids and such - both for the producers and the actors. The more buzz your drama or actor/actress creates they can command bigger $$$ from their sponsors. Mostly there's a good correlation between Nielsen ratings and this gooddata numbers. But another equally respected ratings is the rekorea.net star brand rankings, which comes out less frequently but is a more comprehensive measure of the brand value, be it an actor's name or household brand name. Example January drama actor brand ranking, which has Yum Jung-Ah at the top when Sky Castle broke every record for cable program for weeks. But soompi fans hardly noticed (just like the more recent priest drama) because the subject matter or the marketing didn't have a global appeal while it made every SK audiences glued to the tv.

@immorethant posted the CPI rankings put out by CJ E&M, but I could never find where those are published directly.

I do agree with @kokkuri33 that ALM:L will overtake BomBomb although still surprised to see both do so well from the very first week - Jung Hae-In is still huge in SK I guess. And the ajummas rule, when it comes to who gets the most buzz. :phew:

0.jpg?type=w1200&key=0c1aefaca5f7a698fc9

Welcome to the thread, @nubianlegalmind ;)

18 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

But nothing really happened on Spring Night, unless you count a basketballing ML driving almost unopposed through a defense of disinterested, unnamed extras. Ballerina's Only Love has already had car accidents, smashing chandeliers, eye surgery, bridge railing ballet, and an attack by park ruffians. All of the memorable scenes, and unforgettable acting performances have been on BOL.

I would like to apologize first if what I'm gonna say might sound rude or I may misunderstand the intention, but what's with the need to putting down One Spring Night? What's wrong with "nothing happened"? Some audience may like the nothing-happened-ness of the drama, it didn't make it less good than BOL? The fact that many crazy things happened in BOL also was not the determining factors of making BOL a better drama? I honestly do not understand your point. You may like one better than the other, that's your opinion and I respect that; but that doesn't mean anyone would have the same opinion, hence the "higher result". Anyway, it's only the first week, so who knows what's gonna happen down the road? BOL may rise above or fall down further, we'll have to see.

Personally, I love both dramas and looking forward to watch both tonight. I also could not care less about the popularity contest, if one is more popular, then good for it, but most importantly, to me, is that both drama can stay as quality drama and not dissappoint viewers at the end. Ratings rarely ever reflect the quality in dramaland anyway.

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

@immorethant posted the CPI rankings put out by CJ E&M, but I could never find where those are published directly.

I got this from twitter, I will try to find authenticated source.

(edited) 

Found source article here.

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20190528148300005

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

@immorethant please ppali ppali save these pics :D

My hand is shaking now seeing those pics....where is the save button ? I think I'm going to..fff...faint now.....:scream:

OMG I am seriously blushing and cannot believe KD trying to kiss our girl after getting drunk. :wub::phew: No wonder she calls the cops on him and gets arrested. :D I cannot wait to see this as well as the cake showdown between leads. 

2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

Personally, I love both dramas and looking forward to watch both tonight. I also could not care less about the popularity contest, if one is more popular, then good for it, but most importantly, to me, is that both drama can stay as quality drama and not dissappoint viewers at the end. Ratings rarely ever reflect the quality in dramaland anyway.

I totally agree with you that ratings are not everything. To me, it is anything but a bonus. If it's good, great! If it's not then so be it. 

Archived