[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

11 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

KBS has released a new behind-the-scenes video for “Angel’s Last Mission: Love“!

Thanks @Ni Wen

I think the BTS clip hasn't been shared here yet? Apologies if it was already.

Thank you for all the gorgeous pics of all the ballerinas, @briseis . They are to die for! I loved them all. I especially want to say I'm so grateful for the talents of Kim Bo-Mi and I wish the very best in all her future endeavors as a result of this awesome opportunity for her, clearly a case of 'luck = preparation meeting opportunity'!

BAsaBh6.png

CMbUHJp.png

Welcome to the happy thread! :w00t::rolleyes::wub:   @choco milo @Nymeria289 and @Sejabin

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, briseis said:

that you never see the full-body shot of SHS performing en pointe pirouettes and so on, unlike KBM, therefore it takes a certain suspension of disbelief on the viewer's part to buy that YS is the superior ballerina.

Yes we all have eyes to see who's the pro. And I give full credit to pro KBM. You said you were never comparing but here you are on the full pose shots. It's not as unbelievable actually because as @kokkuri33 did mentioned, Nina is now the better dancer after Yeonseo stayed 3 years with non practice and without sight.

I also believe that one should give praise where it's deserved and KBM's dancing prowess is definitely the case

Same here. I never doubted her dancing prowess and I believe I did not say anything to deny this fact. I wish her the very best in her future as a ballerina and an actress.

It's an observation and I think it's always good to look at a drama with a critical eye no matter how much you love it or the actors in it

Totally agree. Critical comments and observations makes one better and stronger. I'm sure Shin Hye Sun and her fans are more than ready for any critics the moment she took on this role.

I've made my point and that's about it. I'm sure there will be people who's going to comment on the disparity of the dancing level as the show goes on and they can make reference to my thoughts here because I'm going to just enjoy the other dynamics of the show and not go on like a broken record on this. :lol:

Thanks @briseis for all the detailed observations so far that i have always enjoyed reading. You have made this space bustling with great analytical discussion. Let's have more to keep this thread happy and alive! 2 more days to new episodes!! :) 

Actually, I wasn't paying attention to who was actually the better dancer.

I was more engrossed in the story.

Ballet is such a beautiful performance and I believe anyone who trains for ballet deserves the applause.

Ballet takes years to train and kudos to SHS for practising hard for the role.

What I love is watching SHS's expressions - you can feel the myraid of expressions - from spoiled, angry princess (yet you sense the hurt under her prickly exterior)  and her bewilderment at Dan and his audacity not to coddle her.

Then her speech at the benefit performance - bravo!- snide, sarcastic and very targeted to specific people. (which doesn't endear her to anyone but she doesn't give a toss)

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I dont know if its just me, but Dan looked so handsome 

while cleaning the yard in the rain:wub:

Absolutely, he looks handsome and cute there, but why do I find him sweeping the yard extra hilarious as well :lol:

img.png

1. Spring Night 2. Her Private Life 3. ALM:L , etc

img.png

1,2 - leads of BomBam , 3 male lead from HPL 4 - SHS from ALM:L !  5 PMY 6 - KMS from ALM:L!

From https://mygooddata.tistory.com/763

1st week results out! Slightly surprised - I thought this topicalness/buzzworthy ratings would still be dominated by the previous weeks' shows hitting the last weeks of their broadcast. And a bit more surprised by the much bigger age gap coupling from the MBC drama wasting no time grabbing top numbers. The Korean ajummas have spoken! Congrats to everyone, and

ALM:L Fighting!!   Dan-Yeon couple Fighting!!   :naughty::love::innocent:

47 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Absolutely, he looks handsome and cute there, but why do I find him sweeping the yard extra hilarious as well :lol:

I love the monologues he has with himself and he doesn't realise as yet that humans can now hear him !

New stills featuring Dan investigated at a police station - my guess is that YS will realize Dan is the man from the park bench after he gives her his handkerchief and let's him be arrested for stalking

npdszdI.jpgGCAykI6.jpg

Spoiler

NOSo5Hm.jpg

source: KBS

Furthermore, a bigger version of the previous stills

EYd6i8D.jpg

Spoiler

svutNmC.jpgrZaisbR.jpg

source: KBS

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

1st week results out! Slightly surprised - I thought this topicalness/buzzworthy ratings would still be dominated by the previous weeks' shows hitting the last weeks of their broadcast. And a bit more surprised by the much bigger age gap coupling from the MBC drama wasting no time grabbing top numbers. The Korean ajummas have spoken! Congrats to everyone

@meechuttso - sorry for cutting your post, but what is data and how important is this for ratings? I am also surprised to see Spring Night and Her Private Life taking a higher position than our ALML.  :-( 

EBalletShop, which is sponsoring most of the ballet clothes, including ballet shoes, has posted today on instagram a photo featuring  their dresses together with the script for episode 8 which means that the cast and crew must be filming episode 8 or maybe even episode 9. I'm happy that the filming seems to be well ahead and it will still take some time before they enter into the live-filming stage (which means that they would have only a week to film both episodes).

Here are more sponsors for the ballet clothes:

2 hours ago, briseis said:

EBalletShop, which is sponsoring most of the ballet clothes, including ballet shoes, has posted today on instagram a photo featuring  their dresses together with the script for episode 8 which means that the cast and crew must be filming episode 8 or maybe even episode 9. I'm happy that the filming seems to be well ahead and it will still take some time before they enter into the live-filming stage (which means that they would have only a week to film both episodes).

Isn't episode 8 the second 35 minute segment that will be airing this Thursday?

6 hours ago, meechuttso said:

img.png

1. Spring Night 2. Her Private Life 3. ALM:L , etc

img.png

1,2 - leads of BomBam , 3 male lead from HPL 4 - SHS from ALM:L !  5 PMY 6 - KMS from ALM:L!

From https://mygooddata.tistory.com/763

1st week results out! Slightly surprised - I thought this topicalness/buzzworthy ratings would still be dominated by the previous weeks' shows hitting the last weeks of their broadcast. And a bit more surprised by the much bigger age gap coupling from the MBC drama wasting no time grabbing top numbers. The Korean ajummas have spoken! Congrats to everyone, and

ALM:L Fighting!!   Dan-Yeon couple Fighting!!   :naughty::love::innocent:

Not really surprised by these results. The "secret" on Her Private Life was only a surprise to the characters, it was well-telegraphed to viewers. Spring Night was definitely very topical, for various reasons.

Not sure how Ryan Gold isn't permanently enshrined in the #1 spot, also not sure how Secretary Kim Curator Sung is all the way up at #5.

But nothing really happened on Spring Night, unless you count a basketballing ML driving almost unopposed through a defense of disinterested, unnamed extras. Ballerina's Only Love has already had car accidents, smashing chandeliers, eye surgery, bridge railing ballet, and an attack by park ruffians. All of the memorable scenes, and unforgettable acting performances have been on BOL.

Behind SHS's masterful acting, and L's dimples, Ballerina's Only Love will steal the topical spotlight from Spring Night, and then dominate the two noona dramas they will be competing against (WWW replaces HPL next week).

Starting in WWW's second week (June 12/13), BOL and SHS will top both of these lists.

@jakey09, @kokkuri33 Personally, I think it's for the one-hour format episodes because the writers always write for the 1-hour so it would be coherent and cohesive. Those two part form one complete whole. Notice that it's always the second episode which ends with cliffhanger, not the first. The cut between the two episodes is done by the PD or editor in the post-production at the end of a scene which is in the middle or closest to it. The writers have no idea which scene will be the divind one;therefore they can't really write individual scripts for these smaller episodes/segments. Basically, the whole new "multiple" episode format is nothing more than a way the public TV networks invented to they could bypass the ban on advertisement breaks during their broadcast. The result is basically a pain in the a** for the viewers because there are two counting systems of episodes which create misunderstandings and everyone is only confused by it. However, this is only my speculations but judging from the size and format of these scripts I would say they are really for the 1-hour episodes. Also I think that the main cast and crew get the complete versions which include all the scenes and details, whereas the extras and support crew get the abridged versions (since you don't want too many people know about the details and later reveal them on the internet as spoilers - just look at what happened with Game of Thrones and all the leaks, which sadly turned out to be true ;-( ) that's why, for example, SHS's version is bigger than the version given to the ballet clothing company.

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Personally, I think it's for the one-hour format episodes because the writers always write for the 1-hour so it would be coherent and cohesive. Those two part form one complete whole. 

I also feel that their scripts should be in the one hour episodes. It's definitely great to know that they are not doing live shooting which is stressful and pressing for the whole team. It will be good that they are at least halfway through. :)

Archived