[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess Dan hugs Yeonseo in a drunken stupor. I predict no kiss yet (she will slap him if he does unless she's the one who does it lol). Yeonseo lies in bed mumbling Pervy ( @jakey09 now we know why she said that ). Next day Yeonseo calls the police to catch this "Pervy" 변태 :joy:. Then he comes back and they have a cake fight? Gosh these two kids are gonna be the death of us all... 진짜 

Tell me how not to look forward to tonight's episode :lol:

“Angel’s Last Mission: Love” Hints At Upcoming Romance Between Shin Hye Sun And INFINITE’s L

Romance may already be blossoming between Shin Hye Sun and INFINITE’s L in “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”!

KBS2’s newest Wednesday-Thursday drama “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” follows the story between Lee Seo Yeon (Shin Hye Sun), a ballerina who doesn’t believe in love, and Kim Dan (L), a mischievous angel who tries to find love for the ballerina.

In the drama, L has to carry out a special mission to find Shin Hye Sun her true love in 100 days. Upon meeting her, L deems the mission impossible by assuming Shin Hye Sun is incapable of love due to her prickly nature. Shin Hye Sun, who does not know the intention behind L’s approach, hires him as her personal assistant.

On May 29, “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” released stills featuring Shin Hye Sun and L in upcoming episodes, hinting at a possible romance developing between the two.

Angels-Last-Mission-Love5.jpg

In the newly released stills, Shin Hye Sun and L are standing close to each other with their arms wrapped around each other. Shin Hye Sun also looks startled as L hugs her from the back, leading viewers to become curious as to how the two will progress their relationship.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1328345wpp/angels-last-mission-love-hints-at-upcoming-romance-between-shin-hye-sun-and-infinites-l

Another news coverage from Soompi 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1328259wpp/lee-dong-gun-and-shin-hye-sun-have-a-tense-encounter-in-angels-last-mission-love

On 5/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, briseis said:

THE (FALLEN) ANGEL

From the very beginning, Kim Dan has been a huge enigma. Although he possesses an innate goodness there is something elusive about him, something simmering just under the surface - an underlying sadness, a hint of tragedy and even something darker and colder. Is it an echo of his past life? Was his death an accident or an attempted suicide? He clearly suffered a difficult childhood if he wished to die; considering his injuries was he neglected or abused by his parents or bullied by his peers? There is this sense of ambiguity around Dan which I think is related to his status - whether he was serving his time as an angel or, now, as YS’s “human” guardian there has been always a part of him which is not completely angelic or completely human. And Kim Myung Soo is really great at incorporating these aspects of Dan’s personality into his performance. Dan is 25 years old now which means he aged naturally and that is definitely something you wouldn’t expect from angels who are supposed to immortal. There is also the fact that he was unable to enter paradise unless he completed his mission and, unlike his superior, he can’t change his appearance. And I already talked about his human emotions and attachments in my previous post. So Dan is neither fish nor fowl. He is basically this half-human, half-angelic being whose memory was clearly erased before he started his service as an angel. I find that his gorgeous wings reveal and capture this duality of his character perfectly - they are otherwordly and they glow, or to be more precise, they are the only part of him that glows, his body is human. Is Dan truly dead or is he lying in coma somewhere?

What caught my attention is the glaring disparity between the darker image of Dan as he’s been portrayed in the opening and promo spots and the white look we see in the drama. Is he dressed in black in those promos just for contrast purposes or is there something deeper the director wants to express or hint? If you watch the visually stunning opening and promos, each character is represented by something which defines them - the  three ballet professionals via their connection to ballet - and then there is Dan: dressed all in black (a color associated with mystery, darkness and death), walking alone in semi-darkness with lights casting shadows on his face, raising his hands in reverence towards the light shining in the darkness. He looks more like a sinner than an angel or if so, then a fallen one. Nothing suggests he is an angel but the shadow of his wings on the wall and their reflection in the water. These elements often appear in the drama, too, as Dan admires his own shadow or as he notices the reflection of his wings in the window. These aspects of water, shadows and reflections are something which seem to be extremely important to the whole story.

I think the writer might by hinting on the concept of a fallen angel, though not in the devil/Lucifer extent, but rather as a rebellion against the almighty considering Dan has been breaking the rules and laws, letting his human emotions get the better of him, changing one’s fate, having the door to paradise be closed to him because of it and now he just might fall in love with a human.

I had the impression that KD is more a rebellious angel because he seems to show more empathy towards animals than towards humans. When Ni Na killed the cat, KD took care of the baby cats but the best example was the way he took the soul of the dog.

He saved the other dogs, while he punished the driver. He kept irritating the man with the firelight and caused an accident which was deliberate. He could have taken the soul of the poor dog differently. KD decided to punish the man: the latter crashed his car and lost his dogs which represented a huge loss for him. In reality, KD acted like a judge. That's why his superior keeps warning him.

All this gave me the feeling that KD shows a certain dislike towards humans. However, angels are supposed (especially guardian angels) to help humans and not just animals. They are associated to protection and not to punishment. My assumption is that deep down KD resents humans due to his past life but he is unaware of his own past. He has no memories of his past, yet LYS's words trigger in him emotions, he had long forgotten. Like you pointed out, KD seems to have suffered a lot as a child. You even supposed, it could have been child abuse. So maybe that's why KD is quite cold towards humans. Yet, LYS represents the exception, as despite his critics he can't help giving her some support (the "kiss" on the bridge) and even rescue her, although it means that he will lose his right to enter paradise.

I had already said that LYS is really rough emotionally. Her behavior reminds me of a wild animal that has been hurt. The more the wild animal has been hurt, the more aggressive it is. Since she was dancing in Swan Lake, I associate her to a swan, a hurt swan. Swans are beautiful but they can be very aggressive and can hurt people with their beak. Image result for swan attacks manSince she acts more like an animal than as a human, this could be the explanation why KD does feel a certain connection with her, besides their common past, which he is still unaware of yet. 

Therefore I don't think that KD is an fallen angel, rather an incomplete angel who couldn't forget emotions from his past. Since he acts like a judge, I can imagine that at some point, KD might decide to punish the humans who targeted LYS, once he is in love with her.

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

So I guess Dan hugs Yeonseo in a drunken stupor. I predict no kiss yet (she will slap him if he does unless she's the one who does it lol). Yeonseo lies in bed mumbling Pervy ( @jakey09 now we know why she said that ). Next day Yeonseo calls the police to catch this "Pervy" 변태 :joy:. Then he comes back and they have a cake fight? Gosh these two kids are gonna be the death of us all... 진짜 

Tell me how not to look forward to tonight's episode :lol:

But she is not wearing the same dress, is she? 

Just now, jakey09 said:

But she is not wearing the same dress, is she? 

Ohhh yaaaa... then could be something happened after the wings scene? Never mind let's see what happens in 35mins time :lol:

On 5/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, turtlegirl said:

Some thoughts on Angel Dan...so we know Angel Dan had almost made his way into heaven but now because of his intervening with fate, he has this one last mission. So are we to believe that *no one* goes to heaven until they've been angels and performed missions on Earth? Or is Angel Dan special...like he wasn't such a great human so he had to perform these tasks before being let in to heaven? Though I don't see how he could have been a bad person...he seems like an innocent child in the flashbacks we've had. So why didn't he get to go straight to heaven (unless it's because of what I mentioned, that no one gets to go straight there after death). I'm also still so curious why he's an adult if he passed during childhood! Also, will he still be an angel after he gets into heaven? So many questions! I hope it's all thoroughly explained. 

But I know I can rely on this thread for great explanations and theories. I cannot believe we're only 2 episodes in and y'all have done so much already. 

Strictly speaking from a Catholic Christian perspective, once a human dies, they go to one of 3 places: heaven, purgatory or hell.  Becoming an angel after death is not what happens to a person.  Angels were made prior to the creation of men.  Unlike humans, angels made the decision almost instantaneously after their creation to either follow God or not.  Those that decided not to follow God, became the fallen angels or more commonly devils and demons.  Angels are purely spiritual beings and are only given physical form rarely because they have been given a specific task to perform.

If I saw correctly in the first episode, I think Kim Dan was an angel whose job was to specifically be an angel for animals.  I think the portrayal that they are trying to achieve in this series is that Kim Dan is mischevious and fun loving, while the other angels are a little more serious. My belief is that Kim Dan is being punished not for being late but in intervening in human affairs.  I do agree that writer-nim has taken some liberties in the whole angel concept and that we will most likely see that Kim-Dan was a human at some point.  However, I do not think that it takes away from the enjoyment of this story.  In the end, it illustrates what is the pinnacle of the Christian virtues, love.

YS is suprised by Dan's wings but thinks he is some sort of perverted cosplayer and wants him to tale them down in fromt of her. During the fights which ensues Dan tells YS how rude she is and it's no wonder people don't like her. It truly affects her. Dan sees his  reflection in a window and says that form a human'S POV he truly is a monster and pervert. THe director comes to visit and Dan immediatelly tackles him down in order like a bodyguard, protecting YS and when seh comes she even hits the director with her walking cane.  He doesn'T manage to convince her ot return to ballet. Dan'S injured foot miraculously heals, YS is worried for him. He brings her tea for calming, and they open the door at the same time because YS wants to birng him oinment for his wound. She is happy for the tea and he is happy for the oinment evne when he doesn't need it.

OMG, I already love the episode so much. 

Dan and YS must have been SWAT team members in their past life. LOL.

8EqIt1H.jpgM732fF9.jpgMAQEHPt.jpg

Spoiler

3JbupYh.jpg

4 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

They wasted half episode on second leads! Second half better have OTP scenes!! Please!! :ph34r:

Exactly! They took too long screen time. I got impatient. :crazy:

I can't understand what they are saying but JKW looks annoying these few scenes

We've been trolled by KBS. :rolleyes: The aunt is irritating. Seriously I've got enough of her and her family's over much screentime today. I realised I got no patience for them. Seriously. That family. The aunt, Nina and JKW. 

Nuna is spying on Yeonseo, same goes to JKW. Poor Yeonseo is surrounded by a bunch of scheming evils. She needs Dan more than anything else.

Honestly, I felt today's episode was a little bored for me because of evil aunt and family. The first two episodes last week was so good, power packed and impactful. Too good that i expected too much today. Ok, I probably should watch the subbed first before saying anything. :phew:

By the way I was right. He fell to her shoulder and slept :P Already know the kdrama troupe lol

Archived