• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, briseis said:

New stills featuring the rain scene between YS and the ballet director

source: newsen

Why is he so near her? :ph34r:

We still don’t know what happened between these two, if they know each other before ... I really hope they didn’t have any kind of relationship! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Finally it's Wednesday already! I can't wait to see new episode tonight!!!! Thanks in advance for those who will be doing watching live and can update :D

But it's bad that I'm only looking forward to see the otp scenes now. From last scene last episode, I hope no one opens the door to LDG, don't disturb my otp having their save-princess-with-angel-wings moment ok, please! Go home and eat cake yourself dear. :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I hope people prefer to watch ALML over Spring Night. Let it hit double digits! It kinda did. :lol: Don’t go down! Don’t go down! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

And you you shine like the sun
you will kiss me before this day is done

(from 'Sweeter' by Jess Penner)

745164_443283_505.jpg

I'm looking forward to the scene that YS pulls Dan's wings that we saw from teaser (which she dressed the same clothes as the ending of 4th episode).

Also curious if she can see and pulls his wing, does it mean she know he's angel ? But it shouldn't happen so early at this stage B) :rolleyes:  

It seems that the party that they pull each other's hair is YS's birthday party ?  Why does LDG also know her birthday and bought the cake , or is it just congratulationscake for her eyes recovery ?

So excited to find out tonight.  

From KBS World.

(with song from Infinite)

From Korea Now

• Like 2
  • Love 6

19 hours ago, iffy21 said:

@meechuttso - sorry for cutting your post, but what is data and how important is this for ratings? I am also surprised to see Spring Night and Her Private Life taking a higher position than our ALML.  :-( 

hi @iffy21 this does matter, for the advertiser bids and such - both for the producers and the actors. The more buzz your drama or actor/actress creates they can command bigger $$$ from their sponsors. Mostly there's a good correlation between Nielsen ratings and this gooddata numbers. But another equally respected ratings is the rekorea.net star brand rankings, which comes out less frequently but is a more comprehensive measure of the brand value, be it an actor's name or household brand name. Example January drama actor brand ranking, which has Yum Jung-Ah at the top when Sky Castle broke every record for cable program for weeks. But soompi fans hardly noticed (just like the more recent priest drama) because the subject matter or the marketing didn't have a global appeal while it made every SK audiences glued to the tv.

@immorethant posted the CPI rankings put out by CJ E&M, but I could never find where those are published directly.

I do agree with @kokkuri33 that ALM:L will overtake BomBomb although still surprised to see both do so well from the very first week - Jung Hae-In is still huge in SK I guess. And the ajummas rule, when it comes to who gets the most buzz. :phew:

0.jpg?type=w1200&key=0c1aefaca5f7a698fc9

Welcome to the thread, @nubianlegalmind ;)

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

But nothing really happened on Spring Night, unless you count a basketballing ML driving almost unopposed through a defense of disinterested, unnamed extras. Ballerina's Only Love has already had car accidents, smashing chandeliers, eye surgery, bridge railing ballet, and an attack by park ruffians. All of the memorable scenes, and unforgettable acting performances have been on BOL.

I would like to apologize first if what I'm gonna say might sound rude or I may misunderstand the intention, but what's with the need to putting down One Spring Night? What's wrong with "nothing happened"? Some audience may like the nothing-happened-ness of the drama, it didn't make it less good than BOL? The fact that many crazy things happened in BOL also was not the determining factors of making BOL a better drama? I honestly do not understand your point. You may like one better than the other, that's your opinion and I respect that; but that doesn't mean anyone would have the same opinion, hence the "higher result". Anyway, it's only the first week, so who knows what's gonna happen down the road? BOL may rise above or fall down further, we'll have to see.

Personally, I love both dramas and looking forward to watch both tonight. I also could not care less about the popularity contest, if one is more popular, then good for it, but most importantly, to me, is that both drama can stay as quality drama and not dissappoint viewers at the end. Ratings rarely ever reflect the quality in dramaland anyway.

OMG OMG OMG :scream:. Save me

@immorethant please ppali ppali save these pics :D

Ok, now here comes the stills from the official KBS IG :love:

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

@immorethant posted the CPI rankings put out by CJ E&M, but I could never find where those are published directly.

I got this from twitter, I will try to find authenticated source.

(edited) 

Found source article here.

https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20190528148300005

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

@immorethant please ppali ppali save these pics :D

My hand is shaking now seeing those pics....where is the save button ? I think I'm going to..fff...faint now.....:scream:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG I am seriously blushing and cannot believe KD trying to kiss our girl after getting drunk. :wub::phew: No wonder she calls the cops on him and gets arrested. :D I cannot wait to see this as well as the cake showdown between leads. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

OMO THOSE PICTURES ARE THE DEATH OF ME. 

They haven't even kissed yet LOLOLOLOL 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

Personally, I love both dramas and looking forward to watch both tonight. I also could not care less about the popularity contest, if one is more popular, then good for it, but most importantly, to me, is that both drama can stay as quality drama and not dissappoint viewers at the end. Ratings rarely ever reflect the quality in dramaland anyway.

I totally agree with you that ratings are not everything. To me, it is anything but a bonus. If it's good, great! If it's not then so be it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Me to that sweet image from @Ni Wen for today's episode and any kiss scene in the future for LYS and KD... :D:wub:

1988083f-3076-4247-84de-0fb6ab6ef941-ori

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

So I guess Dan hugs Yeonseo in a drunken stupor. I predict no kiss yet (she will slap him if he does unless she's the one who does it lol). Yeonseo lies in bed mumbling Pervy ( @jakey09 now we know why she said that ). Next day Yeonseo calls the police to catch this "Pervy" 변태 :joy:. Then he comes back and they have a cake fight? Gosh these two kids are gonna be the death of us all... 진짜 

Tell me how not to look forward to tonight's episode :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

“Angel’s Last Mission: Love” Hints At Upcoming Romance Between Shin Hye Sun And INFINITE’s L

Romance may already be blossoming between Shin Hye Sun and INFINITE’s L in “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”!

KBS2’s newest Wednesday-Thursday drama “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” follows the story between Lee Seo Yeon (Shin Hye Sun), a ballerina who doesn’t believe in love, and Kim Dan (L), a mischievous angel who tries to find love for the ballerina.

In the drama, L has to carry out a special mission to find Shin Hye Sun her true love in 100 days. Upon meeting her, L deems the mission impossible by assuming Shin Hye Sun is incapable of love due to her prickly nature. Shin Hye Sun, who does not know the intention behind L’s approach, hires him as her personal assistant.

On May 29, “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” released stills featuring Shin Hye Sun and L in upcoming episodes, hinting at a possible romance developing between the two.

Angels-Last-Mission-Love5.jpg

In the newly released stills, Shin Hye Sun and L are standing close to each other with their arms wrapped around each other. Shin Hye Sun also looks startled as L hugs her from the back, leading viewers to become curious as to how the two will progress their relationship.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1328345wpp/angels-last-mission-love-hints-at-upcoming-romance-between-shin-hye-sun-and-infinites-l

Another news coverage from Soompi 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1328259wpp/lee-dong-gun-and-shin-hye-sun-have-a-tense-encounter-in-angels-last-mission-love

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

SHS's agency has released new BTS stills from the first two episodes

QbhRYx5.jpggYBcKTo.jpgkqsyRZr.jpg

Spoiler

7GvBLQX.jpgdsWpwVj.jpgMUsYQ2p.jpgfdPLin9.jpgM3h3kjw.jpgNmr2Xvs.jpgro8quXW.jpgIn5UE37.jpgC7tmxGX.jpgcXZsOkI.jpgwZBzYn7.jpgSAxZUV5.jpgmZ2AoIc.jpghfFVuHy.jpgFjV1sBU.jpghXpi9PQ.jpgjpjdoYf.jpgiMDzbZb.jpgLlszhlU.jpgLnoKM2O.jpg9dDEmzy.jpgXfwxPyI.jpg4Be7h79.jpghyKiWeq.jpgZJhcAax.jpgZwXaPMJ.jpgkwi7Sfo.jpg

source: YNK Entertainment

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, briseis said:

THE (FALLEN) ANGEL

From the very beginning, Kim Dan has been a huge enigma. Although he possesses an innate goodness there is something elusive about him, something simmering just under the surface - an underlying sadness, a hint of tragedy and even something darker and colder. Is it an echo of his past life? Was his death an accident or an attempted suicide? He clearly suffered a difficult childhood if he wished to die; considering his injuries was he neglected or abused by his parents or bullied by his peers? There is this sense of ambiguity around Dan which I think is related to his status - whether he was serving his time as an angel or, now, as YS’s “human” guardian there has been always a part of him which is not completely angelic or completely human. And Kim Myung Soo is really great at incorporating these aspects of Dan’s personality into his performance. Dan is 25 years old now which means he aged naturally and that is definitely something you wouldn’t expect from angels who are supposed to immortal. There is also the fact that he was unable to enter paradise unless he completed his mission and, unlike his superior, he can’t change his appearance. And I already talked about his human emotions and attachments in my previous post. So Dan is neither fish nor fowl. He is basically this half-human, half-angelic being whose memory was clearly erased before he started his service as an angel. I find that his gorgeous wings reveal and capture this duality of his character perfectly - they are otherwordly and they glow, or to be more precise, they are the only part of him that glows, his body is human. Is Dan truly dead or is he lying in coma somewhere?

What caught my attention is the glaring disparity between the darker image of Dan as he’s been portrayed in the opening and promo spots and the white look we see in the drama. Is he dressed in black in those promos just for contrast purposes or is there something deeper the director wants to express or hint? If you watch the visually stunning opening and promos, each character is represented by something which defines them - the  three ballet professionals via their connection to ballet - and then there is Dan: dressed all in black (a color associated with mystery, darkness and death), walking alone in semi-darkness with lights casting shadows on his face, raising his hands in reverence towards the light shining in the darkness. He looks more like a sinner than an angel or if so, then a fallen one. Nothing suggests he is an angel but the shadow of his wings on the wall and their reflection in the water. These elements often appear in the drama, too, as Dan admires his own shadow or as he notices the reflection of his wings in the window. These aspects of water, shadows and reflections are something which seem to be extremely important to the whole story.

I think the writer might by hinting on the concept of a fallen angel, though not in the devil/Lucifer extent, but rather as a rebellion against the almighty considering Dan has been breaking the rules and laws, letting his human emotions get the better of him, changing one’s fate, having the door to paradise be closed to him because of it and now he just might fall in love with a human.

I had the impression that KD is more a rebellious angel because he seems to show more empathy towards animals than towards humans. When Ni Na killed the cat, KD took care of the baby cats but the best example was the way he took the soul of the dog.

He saved the other dogs, while he punished the driver. He kept irritating the man with the firelight and caused an accident which was deliberate. He could have taken the soul of the poor dog differently. KD decided to punish the man: the latter crashed his car and lost his dogs which represented a huge loss for him. In reality, KD acted like a judge. That's why his superior keeps warning him.

All this gave me the feeling that KD shows a certain dislike towards humans. However, angels are supposed (especially guardian angels) to help humans and not just animals. They are associated to protection and not to punishment. My assumption is that deep down KD resents humans due to his past life but he is unaware of his own past. He has no memories of his past, yet LYS's words trigger in him emotions, he had long forgotten. Like you pointed out, KD seems to have suffered a lot as a child. You even supposed, it could have been child abuse. So maybe that's why KD is quite cold towards humans. Yet, LYS represents the exception, as despite his critics he can't help giving her some support (the "kiss" on the bridge) and even rescue her, although it means that he will lose his right to enter paradise.

I had already said that LYS is really rough emotionally. Her behavior reminds me of a wild animal that has been hurt. The more the wild animal has been hurt, the more aggressive it is. Since she was dancing in Swan Lake, I associate her to a swan, a hurt swan. Swans are beautiful but they can be very aggressive and can hurt people with their beak. Image result for swan attacks manSince she acts more like an animal than as a human, this could be the explanation why KD does feel a certain connection with her, besides their common past, which he is still unaware of yet. 

Therefore I don't think that KD is an fallen angel, rather an incomplete angel who couldn't forget emotions from his past. Since he acts like a judge, I can imagine that at some point, KD might decide to punish the humans who targeted LYS, once he is in love with her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

So I guess Dan hugs Yeonseo in a drunken stupor. I predict no kiss yet (she will slap him if he does unless she's the one who does it lol). Yeonseo lies in bed mumbling Pervy ( @jakey09 now we know why she said that ). Next day Yeonseo calls the police to catch this "Pervy" 변태 :joy:. Then he comes back and they have a cake fight? Gosh these two kids are gonna be the death of us all... 진짜 

Tell me how not to look forward to tonight's episode :lol:

But she is not wearing the same dress, is she? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1