[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

WOW . Kim Hye Na wouldn't kill herself like that. She is flawed she is raw and she act like most people would in the world. I work in the justice department and people fight ugly for what they believe to be theirs. Does that makes them bad people ???? No. When a man passes away you have kids showing up asking to be added to their "family registry" for monetary gain. 

So I can understand why she would feel wronged, her mother suffered painless, she had to work for everything and she is always coming in second to her father daughter who had the easy life. Believe it or not that enough to make anyone mean and resentful. I get her even if I haven't been in her shoes because I have seen this play out time and time again in real life. 

Also, this isn't gone girl, I doubt she jumped to frame someone since she breaks every time Kwak Mi Huang leaves the room.

But if YS pushed her, her mother deserves everything coming her way. Woo Joo is not going to rest until he finds out what happened. 

I just hope she isn't dead she is feisty, and the actress playing her is doing a stellar job ! 

Also, you know at the end Kwak Mi Huang is going down, which is nice once the husband finds out she been hiding that he had a daughter. I'll open my special wine, like the one I keep for the day in which Cersai Lannister meets her end thats how much I dislike Kwak Mi Huang (also great job in the actress part). 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I feel for Hyena alot as a character she is flawed but shes really hurting inside if you step back and think about it. 

Yes. I feel like she has lost her 'purpose in life'.  She has no-one to rely on, no-one to really bounce ideas off, no real bosom buddy to vent to, no adult supervision or wisdom to temper her quest for vengeance.  When her mom died (who for all intensive purposes seemed like a lovely gentle lady), she redirected all her hurt and grief 'productively' instead of withdrawing.  She found herself a 'new family'.  She claimed her stake and right in it with brazen abandon.  I think someone asked why she persists in taking an apple from the centre of the family dining table, taking a bite or two and never finishing it.  It is her way of defiance (especially to SeoJin).  It is her saying, "see, I belong here.  I can eat off the food on your table whenever I please (just like all the other children).  I am not obliged to finish it because there will always be another Apple to eat later'.  She is not acting like a child grateful to her benefactors at all.  She is acting like they owe it to her to make up for everything they did to her (and her mom) in all those years of hiding.  She is acting like a 'Princess' because she too is a daughter of the King.

EDIT- I haven't watched last night's episode yet but from comments above sounds like it won't disappoint.  :o

• Like 6

[SKY Castle] Ep 14 spoilers

sky12.png

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Kim Bo Ra falls, did Kim Hye Yoon kill her after realizing her birth secret? 'shocked' 

1. [+4591,-497]
The ending is the best in history. Yum Jung Ah overhears Ye Seo's phone conversation and pushes her for her daughter's sake. In the future, will she find out that their daughters were switched... 

2. [+3739,-48]
I thought the ending was a little long, but I was shocked seeing her fall from death at the end. That was totally unpredictable. This drama is amazing. 

3. [+3176,-36]
The development is just insane. Am I the only one spacing out after watching the ending?... How am I supposed to wait till next episode? 

4. [+3669,-914]
Kim Hye Na did all sorts of illegal things but because she was placed 2nd this time, she claims that wasn't a fair competition? What's that? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+2700,-149]
An ending that's the best in history. I've watched the epilogue too, and I'm having more lingering images. Hye Na's life is too sad. 

6. [+1698,-37]
She won't die, right? I thought that way, but I was speechless when I saw the ending.. The story is good too, but the directing is the best.. + By the way, the men who go to work, wear your clothes on your own. 

7. [+1202,-27]
The dead dragonfly may not mean suicide. But it was knocked into the glass wall that it couldn't see, which is why it died. I think it can be interpreted that way too.. It's to show that Hye Na who thinks she can fight against the world knocks into the 'wall of reality'.. 

8. [+1135,-15]
I think Hye Na was trying to collect evidence, that's why she took pictures of the workbook. The exam questions were probably leaked. That's why she said she can't accept that. She takes the evidence and puts it up on bulletin boards.. If you look closely, Ye Seo didn't even read the questions before answering them.. Ye Seo finds out about that and says that she's embarrassed in the bathroom over the phone, and she wants to kill her..

9. [+1083,-20]
The dragonfly didn't know that it was a glass window and knocked into it. It's a foreshadowing. Hye Na thinks that Prof Kang didn't forget her mother, and believes that he will welcome her when she shows her existence, but in the preview or the epilogue, Ye Seo brought it up while they were dining. Her blood-related father is the only one she could depend on, but he looks down on her existence, she felt hopeless and kills herself. In the end, she steps over the walls in the Sky Castle, that is like the glass window, and dies like the dragonfly. Is that what it is?

10. [+926,-19]
The amazing thing about this drama is that every character has a fan and viewers fight over the characters. ㅋㅋㅋ You can see how well the actors expressed the characters in a 3-dimensional way. It's really interesting. 

castle14.png

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Yum Jung Ah splashes water at Kim Seo Hyung and fires her, "I'll rip off your lips" furious 

1. [+3556,-13]
That was a really unpredictable development... It's insane... They are masters of endings... Wow.. I can't wait till next week! I can't! 

2. [+1816,-65]
Today's highlight was the PPL. It distracts me from the story. 

3. [+998,-13]
No, did she die at the gathering? Hye Na? I was so surprised. 

4. [+967,-182]
I wanted to rip off Ye Seo's lips today. 
[t/n: Han Seo Jin's line that made Lee Soo Im realize she's Kwak Mi Hyang.] 

5. [+474,-4]
Seriously, every scene has its meaning.. Except for the massaging chair scene. 

6. [+501,-33]
I think Soo Im should worry about her son.. He likes a kid who is goosebumps-inducing and has a bad personality.. 

7. [+428,-5]
The dragonfly wasn't aware that it was a glass window and knocked into it. I think it's a foreshadowing.. It could mean that Hye Na knocks into a huge wall, the Sky Castle, and dies or gets severely injured from it.. How do I wait till next week.. 

cr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think maybe she survives and in coma that would be the normal troupe lets see if sky castle changes it. 

glad to see some ppl here still rooting for her, as we all know how savage is hyena but idrm, cause i really enjoy that type of character. 

and besides, i also wish to see her stay alive. :pensive:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

What is the recent controversy with this drama? Huhu

The series and its producers were accused of inspiring a murder of a doctor by a patient whose operation did not go well. Some netizens noticed that the murder was almost similar to one of the scenes in SKY Castle. The Korean Medical Association and some netizens demanded an apology from JTBC.

Well, medical malpractice is rampant in South Korea, and it is a sensitive issue, as there are lots of cases wherein patients attack their doctors upon receiving failed treatment. Thought I understand the sentiment of the doctor, I don't think it's the responsibility of any broadcaster to clean-up their mess. Besides, I personally don't think that the producers would encourage the patients to attack their doctors if the failed to get the right treatment. I think, the drama's point in that scene is that Joon Sang does not deserve to get promoted, just like what he always wanted, because he fails to provide enough treatment for his patients.

7 hours ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

Realtime rating: 20.49%

I hope Nielsen rating tomorrow will pass 15%.

I guess, you're some sort of a genius psychic. Because it did!

EPISODE 14:

Nationwide: 15.78%/3.951 Million Viewers
Seoul: 17.254%/2.028 Million Viewers.

Now, the next question is: How far can SKY Castle go? Will it become the highest rating South Korean Cable drama ever? :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, SaiSai1988 said:

The series and its producers were accused of inspiring a murder of a doctor by a patient whose operation did not go well. Some netizens noticed that the murder was almost similar to one of the scenes in SKY Castle. The Korean Medical Association and some netizens demanded an apology from JTBC.

Errr...from reading the article you linked....it was a psychiatric patient killing his psychiatrist (doctor)?  The most plausible explanation would be maybe the patient forgot to take his meds?  If he was schizophrenic, voices may have urged him to do the deed?  He was not of sound mind so it's a bit of a leap to say that the scene in SC was an inspiration for the act.  The psychiatrist was stabbed during a consultation, not because he performed a surgery that went wrong?   How is that even remotely identical?  :huh:

If you are a doctor the ilk of Prof Hwang should you react in fear with a demand for an apology?  No, because your conscience would be clear?  It just looks like the Medical Association is looking for a scapegoat.  If nothing at all, it sheds unwanted light and scrutiny onto an already sad event.  I hope they consulted the family of the deceased and the patient before they conveniently tried to apportion blame. <_<

• Like 5

“SKY Castle” Surpasses Its Own Record For Highest Viewership Ratings In JTBC Drama History

Jan 5, 2019
by K. Lew

“SKY Castle” has made yet another impressive achievement!

On January 5, according to Nielsen Korea, episode 13 of JTBC’s “SKY Castle” achieved 13.3 percent viewership ratings nationwide and 14.4 percent viewership ratings in metropolitan areas. This a personal best for the drama, as well as the highest viewership ratings for a drama in JTBC history.

The viewership ratings for the previous episode, which was 12.3 percent, beat “Woman of Dignity” as the JTBC drama with the highest viewership ratings.

“SKY Castle” stars Yum Jung Ah, Lee Tae Ran, Yoon Se Ah, Oh Na Ra, and Kim Seo Hyung. The drama follows the lives of ambitious mothers as they strive to send their children to elite universities through any means necessary. It has achieved popularity notably for its plot centered around the country’s competitive education system.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1288169wpp/sky-castle-surpasses-record-highest-viewership-ratings-jtbc-drama-history

16 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

10. [+926,-19]
   The amazing thing about this drama is that every character has a fan and viewers fight over the characters. ㅋㅋㅋ You can see how well the actors expressed the characters in a 3-dimensional way. It's really interesting.

This is really true, I found myself in confusing judging the characters in sky castle. Cannot really choose which side I stan. Their up and down personality is so interesting. I keep changing my mind,, :sweatingbullets:

Nooo... even I dislike hyena bit, but she's so pitiful, oh writernim dont make her die please,, if it's true, her life is total tragedy, she could have a clear future with her intelligence.. she just need help and love. Why make a such an another tragedy. First suicide.. and now a murder?! Aahh.. we need some more icebreaker like a cute woo family scene.. :tears:

but im so happy i am following this great drama from the beginning, and congrats for the highest rating so far again. 15,8% for eps 14. And i read that it reach peak at 20%. Wow... 

And also happy, this thread is moving fast!! Waw.. :heart:

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

Nooo... even I dislike hyena bit, but she's so pitiful, oh writernim dont make her die please,, if it's true, her life is total tragedy, she could have a clear future with her intelligence.. she just need help and love. Why make a such an another tragedy. First suicide.. and now a murder?! Aahh.. we need some more icebreaker like a cute woo family scene.. 

if we refer to the chart relationship

Spoiler

Image result

what exactly related to hyena-woo joo & yeseo? can anyone here enlighten me?

• Like 3

Picked up this show after hearing of the good ratings, and seriously it got me hooked! 

I feel more for Hye Na, because Ye Seo has been bratty practicularly since the first episode and it gets on my nerves. But I don't think she would have the guts to actually push Hye Na over the railings. Rewatching the episode, it definitely looks like Hye Na fell over head first, which is a scary way to commit suicide (if it was) so I definitely feel like someone pushed her. The writers/directors are so good at making us speculate!!

Cha family is my fav too! I hope the twins become successful at the end~ I was a lil disappointed when it looked like that dreaded study room of theirs had returned in the latest ep (the whiteboards etc) - after all the hard work of their mom!!!

• Like 7

There are tons of hints that were missed. There's the dead bug. There's the year that it happened. Some are saying that Hyena's death will. Actually happen in the last episode. Some were saying that Woojoo will be investigated. 

Some were saying that Woojoo's personality is not what it seems. Some observed Woojoo playing with a cutter and he's always wearing a watch. But these are all speculations... 

• Like 5

source

Ep. 14 Rating: 15.8% (+2.5%)

*highest rating out of all episodes so far

Original Post: SKY Castle ending scene zoomed in picture

https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=hot&page=2&document_srl=971139543

there's someone in the back

comments
1. Hul
2. Ah richard simmons scary ㅠ
3. Hul for real there was someone
4. I think it's a staff
5. Hul...... But why do I feel like it's Kwak Mihyang
6. It's a man
7. It looks like a guy..

Original Post: new SKY Castle theory.woojoo

20190106_021657.jpg

(It's just my theory) He was studying supposedly but somehow his expression didn't look good
His mom knocked and you can hear the sound of him hiding a knife

20190106_021721.jpg

His other hand looks awkward, no? It seems like he's hiding a knife

There's a theory that talks about how even though Woojoo looks bright and happy, he's actually depressed and likes to harm himself... (Woojoo's We All Lie)

If Hyena is really dead, then this will trigger it again and we might hear Woojoo's story ㅇㅇ
For those who are curious, you can hear the knife sound at the 38th minute 

Spoiler

comments
2. richard simmons it's getting scarier
3. Hul ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Woojoo-yah
4. Hul you can hear the cutter sound ㅎㄷ ㄷ 
5. Crazy
6. They say that self harm is done by a lot of people these days. They're seriously covering all of the problems that are happening right now.
7. So he's purposely acting like a bright kid ㄷ ㄷ 
8. I think it's the sound of the chair
9. Woojoo's we all lie..ㅜ
10. It seems like it's the sound of the chair.. ㅋㅋ
11. Hul goosebumps

Original Post: Woojoo's birthday scene (goosebumps)

Screenshot_20190106-003730_Naver%2BTV.jpg

If you look at it carefully the candle says 19 
The weather seems like it's around Fall
So today's Woojoo's birthday scene happened after the college entrance exam (note: which takes place around November)
This means that they're telling us that Hyena's going to die in the last episode

note: so basically the scene of Hyena falling will happen in the last episode

1. Ah you're right the kids are currently still 17 years old
2. During the birthday party the kids were saying 'one shot, one shot' while drinking champagne, so it must be after the college entrance exam no??
3. They're still in 11th grade
4. Hul you're right it's after the college entrance exam
5. It's possible that Woojoo's birthday is in January or February no?
6. Hul so they're showing us the future already? ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ
7. Hul

Original Post: No Seunghye's Rage Acting That Is Of A Different Class

Don't touch my daughter

comments
1. She's so good f*cking crazy
2. It was so cool!
3. I cried ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4. Her acting was daebak....
5. I had goosebumps ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I cried too ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6. Seunghye ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Let's be happy ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
7. ㅜㅜ Seriously I can totally relate. My mom would get mad at me too if I'm wrong but later on she would side with me ㅜㅜ Hugs me too 
8. Seunghye let's be happy please ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. This unnie is pretty and her acting is good too ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Original Article: 'SKY Castle' 6 Episodes Left, How Bad Was Kim Bora's Fall

0000940394_001_20190106122649367.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-06%2Bat%2B12.57.34%2BPM.png

1. +1106, -33 Yesterday I really hated seeing Hyena but I was so shocked by the ending... Her life seriously ㅠㅠ So sad
2. +520, -12 I'm pretty sure the ratings of the last episode will go over 20%
3. +165, -4 I already knew from the beginning that it was going to be fun
4. +106, -9 I'm just here liking JinJin the most ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. +30, -18 The person who killed Hyena was Kim Seohyung's secretary,, Just like Yeseo, the secretary was mentally and physically trained since he was a student by Kim Seohyung herself.......

note: i've been seeing screenshots of this post on twitter, i'm fine with that but i spent quite a bit of time to translate these so please don't forget to give credits! <3 thank you!

source

Ep. 13 Rating: 13.3% (+1.0%)

*highest rating out of all episode so far 

Original Post: today's part that didn't make sense at all...jpg

Screenshot_20190105-011014_%25E1%2584%2583%25E1%2585%25A1%25E1%2584%258B%25E1%2585%25B3%25E1%2586%25B7.jpg
Seri "Mom then what's your plan?"

She said 'plan' ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

She committed fraud for one year, returned to Korea and went to the club, and now she's cosplaying as the victim 

comments
1. For real she's freaking crazy
2. Seeeeriiiiiiii-ya.......
3. Don't mess with Seunghye and the twins
4. She played around with the money that her parents gave her and now she's blaming them?? I get her if her parents don't send her the money to pay Harvard's tuition fee ㅋㅋ
5. Seri seriously ㅋㅋㅋ She's so immature
6. Seriously I think Seri is crazy
7. Seri-ya why did you do that...

Original Post: even though she has a dirty attitude, these days she's the weakest character.jpg

JauntyJampackedIncatern-size_restricted.gif

comments
1. Yeseo let's go to SNU medical school ㅠㅠ
2. She's a fool who only thinks about Seoul University
3. Don't fail ㅠㅠ
4. Go to medical school
5. I feel like she's going to fail ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

Original Post: there was a comment about SKY Castle that gave me goosebumps...

Kim Jooyoung's daughter's IQ is over 200 so she's considered a genius
And that she might have been the one who planned the car crash incident
She was homeschooled by her mom and got into university when she was 9 so the theory that she did revenge against her mother is possible, no?? ㅋㅋㅋ

Original Post: Kim Jooyoung & Kay Theory

The fact that Kay got in to George Washington University when she was 9 proves that she was a genius.
However, even though she was smart she still received a lot of pressure from her mom and dad. (You can see by how Kim Jooyoung is right now as a coach)

Feeling pressured by her parents' expectations, Genius Kay decided to plan for revenge. She planned to mess (?) with the car oil to kill her parents and later on kill herself. 

In the end only her her dad was killed and her mom lived. Of course when other people saw this they wouldn't believe that a 9 year old kid planned all that so that's why her mom became the main suspect. No one knew that 9 year old Kay did that except for her own mom Kim Jooyoung!!!

After knowing that her own child tried to kill them, she couldn't live as a normal person anymore.

Later on, Kim Jooyoung becomes a coach and she always tells the students to plan for revenge against their own parents. She sees this and feels comforted.

comments
1. Oh I think that's possible
2. Wow seriously also whenever Kim Jooyoung picks a student, only the mom cares about the entrance exam, the dad doesn't care at all. (note: I guess this is why Kim Jooyoung didn't choose to teach for the twins. Since Pagook is very involved in his kids' education)
3. Ohhhh~~~

Original Post: the person whose acting was top today.jpg

Screenshot_20190105-002342_%25E1%2584%2583%25E1%2585%25A1%25E1%2584%258B%25E1%2585%25B3%25E1%2586%25B7.jpg

The acting totally suits her character. 
She made all the viewers side for her.

comments
1. Don't get hurt.. ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
2. Her acting is really good ㅇㅇ
3. Unnie don't cry ㅠㅠㅜ
4. Seunghye-yah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
5. When Seunghye cried, I also cried ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 
6. I feel bad for Seunghye ㅠㅠ
7. Seunghye unnie I love you I'm 8 years old
8. Unnie let's get a divorce... (note: NO PLS NO)
9. Unnie you're my bias ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

https://kkumnetz.blogspot.com/2018/12/will-be-updating-sky-castle-ep-12.html

Ep. 12 Rating: 12.3% (+2.7%)

*highest rating out of all episodes so far

Original Post: the snowball that SKY Castle Seri made

706AF127-6A20-401D-A474-743DF5B33EFB.jpeg

.. I can't even laugh ..... Because I'm currently pretending that I'm going to university too. Ah richard simmons seriously when should I tell them

"My dad is currently watching SKY Castle and he looked at me and asked if it's true that I'm going to XX University richard simmons"

comments
1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. Serrrriiiiii-yaaaaaaa
3. There are actually kids like them. They're already lucky to begin with......
4. That's right there are some kids who pretend that they go to university and are lucky enough that they don't get caught
5. My friend also pretended to go to university but during that time he studied for the SATs instead.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. My friend also left university but acted that he still went. He still lived with his parents so he always went to my house when it's time for school;;;
7. Hul crazy
8. Sigh seriously such a pity
9. richard simmons ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Original Post: what are your thoughts of the drama SKY Castle right now? 111222

500_393529_1545116019_jpeg.jpg

1. I've always expected the drama to be like this so I'm satisfied
2. Contrary to how it was at first, the drama is becoming a makjang drama. I didn't expect this.

What are your thoughts?
#2 doesn't mean that the drama isn't fun, it's more about how the story is developing

note: 1111111111111111 ^^

comments
1. 2, but it's still fun
2. 22 but it's f*cking fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. 2 but it's f*cking fun and the story development is really fast
4. 111111 I've always thought the drama was going to be like this, f*cking fun 
5. 111 f*cking fun ㅋㅋ It's also based on what's going on in real life so I like it even more
6. 2 i'm a little bit disappointed
7. 1 but I just hope that Seri lying about going to Harvard is not true please 
8. 111 ㅋㅋ
9. 222 the acting did everything...

Original Post: shocking SKY Castle ending prediction in theqoo right now

Hyena gets accepted to SNU.
Yeseo is #1 in the waiting list. (note: if someone who was accepted decides to decline the offer, then Yeseo will immediately get accepted to SNU.)
However, it's expected that those who are in the waiting list will not get a position in the university.
So the Coach says that there is only one way to get Yeseo into SNU.
And that is to kill Hyena.
Kwak Mihyang is determined to kill Hyena for Yeseo.
She learns the know-hows from Kim Jooyoung who's suspected to have murdered her husband by hitting him with her car
Finally, Kwak Mihyang hits Hyena with her car and successfully kills her.
Yeseo gets accepted to SNU.
After Yeseo gets accepted, Kang Junsang finds out that Hyena is his own daughter and decides to do a DNA test.
Since Hyena is dead already, Han Seojin has no reason to hide the fact that Hyena is Kang Junsang's daughter.
Kang Junsang then finds out that the result is a 99.99% match
Then a panoramic-like scene shows that Eunhye was a nursing assistant and she switched Hyena with Yeseo.
Han Seojin discovers that she's killed her own daughter, cries, then commits suicide. 
Also the novel... is written by Lee. Soo. Im.
"Writer-nim!! Writer-nim!! Is it true that the novel is based on a true story?"
Lee Sooim : "Yes... That's right... I wrote this novel to prevent anyone else from choosing the wrong mistakes like what the families in SKY Castle did..."
(We All Lie ending plays)

comments
1. Hyena and Kwak Mihyang look alike while Yeseo and Kim Eunhye look alike
2. Hul..........
3. Wow it's really a makjang drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. Wow crazy.... wow.....
5. I'm not sure if she's going to get killed though
6. I don't know about the others but I think it's possible that Yeseo and Hyena were switched at birth
7. Hul goosebumps 
8. Wow richard simmons it's going to be so fun
9. I think it's not going to be like this at all
10. Killing Hyena seems a little too much... Hm
11. Stop........ The fact that Seri didn't go to Harvard was already shocking enough ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
12. What's even more creepy is the fact that SNU doesn't put people in the waiting list anymore because of this ㅋㅋ (note: i'm not really sure if they call it the waiting list there because idk that much about SNU. but basically they give you a number and apparently SNU no longer does this)
13. I read that SNU doesn't put people in the waiting list anymore because back in 2000 a person was put in the waiting list and he/she murdered one of the accepted students
14. reply to comment #12-13 : I thought that killing someone for that was going overboard but now that I know that something like this happened, it's crazy
15. This is freaking shocking

note: WILD
  • Like 6

Ep 14 theories

Coach Kim

Initially I thought she was just out to destroy the happiness of other parents because hers was cut short due to what happened to Kay.  I still do think Jennifer tampered with the brakes because potentially her Husband did not agree with her teaching methods and pushing a 9yo into Uni.  She intended to do away with him but Kay gets into the car with him and he dies in the accident whilst she survives howbeit in her current mental state.  Now that I see how she fawns over YeSuh, it has dawned on me that she is playing that 'Mother' role onto these charges of hers...in the only way she knows how...it feeds her Mothering instinct but she knows it will only be shortlived.  Once they get into SNU, they cut the cord and she starts again but she cannot stand for their parents to experience that joy at her expense so she crushes them (just like her joy was crushed).. Really demented and scary but plausible.

Who Killed HyeNa (pure conjecture so take it with a grain of salt) :lol:

I know there have been some theories about WooJoo being the one.  Admittedly the Hwang family has been so picture perfect that they seem too good to be true.  Would the writer suddenly turn WooJoo into a Monster for that reason - just to prove that not everyone is perfect?  I feel like it's kinda late to be throwing that in the mix (possible I guess but then it would leave us with NO family to aspire to really...we would be terribly dejected as an audience).  My guess is Prof Kang.  The dead dragonfly - it flew into the glass window and died.  It didn't expect the glass window.  Prof Kang has been promoted to Chief of Planning...he dons a Tag Heur watch (expensive, it screams 'I have arrived')...he was cleaning a 'glass/Perspex' plaque with his name on it amid all the congratulations and clapping.  Hye Na being exposed as his illegitimate child would cost him too much...he would lose that status and the Rumour mill would throw his appointment into disarray.  So he pushed her.  Especially if he overhead the conversation between YeSuh and Coach Kim in the bathroom :blink:.  He knew full well what a scandal like that would cost him.  He saw it happen to Prof Cha when SeRi was exposed as a fraud.  So poor Hye Na was the unsuspecting dragonfly, expecting her Father to accept her as his own, only to be blindsided and done away with :tears:

Special mention

SeongHye.  Stoic.  Realistic.  Heart wrenchingly so.  When the chips are down, she roared to life like a Mother Bear protecting her cubs from an angry Father Bear.  We can learn many parenting lessons from her.  How to forgive.  How to admit to our failures.  How to reestablish new ties - I love how she went shopping with SeRi after and did everything to reconnect with her lost child.  She went into SeRi's world, wearing clothes totally unsuitable for her but it pleased SeRi so she acquiesced.  She acknowledged her part in the situation, she took the responsibility as well rather than just putting ALL the blame on SeRi.  Contrast Prof Cha.  Same grief, same wailing and tears, similar response "how could you do this??" But note how his parenting methods never changed.  He never changed.  He went back to doing the same with the boys.  He refuses to take on ANY blame in the situation.  He was right all along.  His methods were fail safe.  The system was all he knew to 'parent' responsibly so he soldiered on, unrepentant, unmoving.  It's sad.  :tears:

• Like 5

The Baeksang Awards committee must now be having a headache on who among the SKY Castle actors/actresses shall win the Daesang Award. 

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2019/01/actress-yoon-se-ah-receives-praise-for.html

Actress Yoon Se Ah receives praise for her electrifying performance on 'SKY Castle'

7:29 PM     SKY Castle, Yoon Se Ah   

0003771325_001_20190106094516666.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-05%2Bat%2B6.58.58%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-05%2Bat%2B6.58.51%2BPM.png

1. [+4172, -24] The actresses acting skills is overwhelming (t/n: Overwhelming in a good way, they're saying that all the actresses are giving really high quality acting)

2. [+2596, -24] This drama, starting from the child actors to the middle-aged actors, only people who are all good at acting gathered! It's to the point where it's really a shame that it's a cable drama;; If this aired as a weekend drama on a public broadcasting channel, I feel like it would've recorded 40%!

3. [+2444, -28] I feel like she's the coolest among that characters that come out in 'SKY Castle'... A normal mother who confidently stands up to a jerk father.. Of course Woo Joo's family and Soo Chan's family is good too but.. But in those families, the parents are both normal and good... Yoon Se Ah-nim who stands up against her abnormal authoritarian husband, her acting is good. I'm really sad that the study room went back to normal because of the daughter. 

4. [+1953, -20] As a mother, she was mad at first but her apologetic feelings were bigger because she sent her (Se Ri) abroad alone at a young age, she couldn't raise her on her own.. Because eventually, she's a mom.. "Don't lay a hand on my daughter" - it really, honestly touched my heart..
↪ [+132, -2] I really agree ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I got chills yesterday when Yoon Se Ah yelled after keeping it in ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ She's really good at acting

5. [+1369, -67] I was surprised because her body looked perfect in jeans 

6. [+270, -3] After only listening to Yoon Se Ah's elegant nightingale voice, I got chills when she shouted like Hulk saying not to lay a hand on her daughter. I got another round of chills during the ending  
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, effy1994 said:

WOW . Kim Hye Na wouldn't kill herself like that. She is flawed she is raw and she act like most people would in the world. I work in the justice department and people fight ugly for what they believe to be theirs. Does that makes them bad people ???? No. When a man passes away you have kids showing up asking to be added to their "family registry" for monetary gain. 

I agree, it is unlikely that Kim Hye Na killed herself to frame Ye Suh. Though Ye Suh seems like this bratty, explosive kid who always seem to get whatever she wants, I dont know if she reeeeally will push Hyena off the balcony like that, and when there are so many people in the building. 

I think it is more likely that her coach is the one who do it, and blame it on Ye Suh, who said on the phone that she wants to killl Hyena. If coach's ambition is to get Ye Suh to SNU and ruin Ye Suh's family life, this would definitely be the way to go.  

• Like 3