Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격


0ly40

Recommended Posts

tbh i dont really care about romance in this drama lol.. i just wanna know how they’re gonna bring the palace down.. there are so many interesting secrets and mysteries to this drma that makes me forget about romance between OTP.. 

 

can someone tell me what the heck is the blue liquid that ED injected into nanny’s vein? is that some sort of birth control liquid or something? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stella77 Nah. Not blaming the writer.

Perhaps it is just me feeling disappointed that they have to go to that route to make a villian "likeable".

I can't find it in him as a tortured soul.

He is a problem child wearing an adult clothes. 

No puppy eyes look can ever redeem his wrongs.

 

MYR is evil from the start and still maintaining her stance as an evil witch. And I am enjoying every moment of her being tortured or in pain for all her schemings and hurting Sunny.

 

So what's so special about the emperor?

 

He may find "real love" with Sunny in the end but no. I don't want Sunny to end up with him.

He deserves to die and rot alone. And not drag and drown the beautiful Sunny.

All I want is for Sunny to fart in his face and walk away from him to find her own happiness.

 

Btw, anyone else feel the creeps with the way ED is controlling the Emperor?

The "mother love" is scary and it made me think otherwise especially when she tried to seduce the young scholar in her chamber.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Link to post
Share on other sites

Synopsis from ODK

 

 

In an alternate universe where Korea is under a constitutional monarchy, the heroine, Oh Sunny is an unknown actor who has been admiring the Emperor Lee Huyk for a long time. Her life changes when she accidentally saves his life. As the new Empress, she arrives the court with hope for the future. But the reality around her is never sunshine and rainbows. The Emperor, nation's most loved and respected figure, is corrupted. The court is also full of corruption and injustice. She allied with Cheon Woo-bin, who aims Lee Hyuk for his mother's revenge, and decides to stand up against the monarch. Even though she has the title, she is an average person with no political power. With Woo-bin's love and devotion and her will to fight, there might be a chance to break down the dark castle.

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/the-last-empress-e13.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

 

Thanks @ktcjdrama! The streaming sucks now. I think we have the same streaming site which we have to refresh every 15 minutes and we basically would miss about 15 seconds of the broadcast. SBS may have discovered the previous site and now it is gone :( And now, we are basically stuck with what SBS can provide us...oh well. Better than none LOL

  Reveal hidden contents

When Lee hyuk had an accident 10 years ago, he required a rare type of blood. The blood was supposed to be transfused to Sunny's mother but was transfused to Lee Hyuk instead. So, Sunny's mom died because she did not get the blood.

 

Thanks for filling in the part I missed! That's what I thought happened too....

 

I think the refreshing of stream was faster than 15 minutes... maybe every 3 or 5 minutes... In the past, I've had no cut at all, then with another channel of having to refresh but very short ads. We can actually subscribe to watch, but not able to read the instructions so I didn't even try, and I don't know if they will require a local phone number or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

tbh i dont really care about romance in this drama lol.. i just wanna know how they’re gonna bring the palace down.. there are so many interesting secrets and mysteries to this drma that makes me forget about romance between OTP.. 

 

can someone tell me what the heck is the blue liquid that ED injected into nanny’s vein? is that some sort of birth control liquid or something? 

 

I totally agree that TLE storyline is so intense , coming from multiple perspective of the characters on the GED’s murder case, make me wanna solve the mystery and forget about the romance momentarily .. but still very looking forward to Sunny and CWB budding romance

 

I am guessing that the blue/green liquid injection is some chemical that results in infertility when overdose ? 

 

Last but but not least, wish to share my two cents worth opinion , in last episode CWB ask a wish from the LH, I wonder if he would request for Sunny ? And would princess Sojin also play a part to in this mystery , cos she always have some critical yet no one know information ? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scarletlover1 said:

Is the OTP finally happening? Are we finally getting down to it? Because it took long enough!

 

I have the same feeling. When are we going to have some romance between Sunny and  Wang Sik / Woo Bin? Or maybe, aren't we going to watch it?

I love how many kisses this drama has, and now, I want one between the empress and the bodyguard :rolleyes:!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So it seems that the island is where ED threw and buried all her enemies....? And is no one going to comment on how disgusting she is trying to seduce the young scholarship recipient? Yuck and double ewws....<_<

 

Because we've blocked the scene from our minds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watch this week's episode because I tend to want to wait until the week ends and then binge on the show. :)

 

Just some random thoughts. I think in some way, Ari is lucky to have Sunny. I believe, if Sunny hadn't come along, Ari might grow up as broken as LH. Ari was not physically abuse, but she was emotionally abuse because of neglect. The emperor, who she wants to impress, always ignored her...the princess, whom she thought was her mom, never cared for her. She starves for affection and sincerity...not submission. Nor did she understand the err of her ways since no one taught her that "she can be wrong and that one must admit to one's wrong." Sunny caught her before she is beyond helping, and Ari is lucky to have someone help guide her and nurture her correctly in the cold palace. 

 

As for LH, I still believe he is a broken man. He is so broken that it's pitiful. Yes, he's ruthless, disgusting, dangerous, and deranged...and I believe wholeheartedly he should be punished for the crime he had committed. But, I can't help but pity him for turning into the man he had become due to his circumstance and upbringing. His dad abused him when he was young. He grew up in a "dog eats dog" environment where the survival of the best is needed or else it would mean his death (die by his father's abuse). He knows his mother is insincere with her affection when she is so willing to discard him when he didn't meet her expectation, and he developed a deep rooted inferiority complex. He didn't have a good role model, as his father nor his mother were good models to him. And I am sure, his lack of value of other human lives stem from witnessing his mother and father torturing, demeaning, and executing other servants in the past. 

 

He found only one form of solace and that was with his first wife. Through her, he found the first genuine love he had ever experienced. When he thought she "had betrayed him," his was mad with anger which caused him to push her into the river and stood there in a daze. He genuinely grief over her death as he called out to her by the river bed (or was it a pond?), and that incident shattered this broken man even further. 

 

I think Sunny would be his ray of light. He's beyond redeeming, that's for sure.

Spoiler

Glad that the recent episode shows that he didn't kill his grandmother, as I said I doubt that he did. 

But it seems that Sunny will teach him to look at things and situation in another perspective. Sunny will teach him to become a better man...and from that end, he would understand how fallen he had become. 

 

And to me, I think Yura is worst than LH because she grew up with a loving foster mom...but opted to become evil for the sake of herself. 

 

Lol...I'm more interested in LH's outcome and the outcome of the plot than CWB/NWS and Sunny's romance. :sweatingbullets:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 0timelost said:

I haven't watch this week's episode because I tend to want to wait until the week ends and then binge on the show. :)

 

Just some random thoughts. I think in some way, Ari is lucky to have Sunny. I believe, if Sunny hadn't come along, Ari might grow up as broken as LH. Ari was not physically abuse, but she was emotionally abuse because of neglect. The emperor, who she wants to impress, always ignored her...the princess, whom she thought was her mom, never cared for her. She starves for affection and sincerity...not submission. Nor did she understand the err of her ways since no one taught her that "she can be wrong and that one must admit to one's wrong." Sunny caught her before she is beyond helping, and Ari is lucky to have someone help guide her and nurture her correctly in the cold palace. 

 

As for LH, I still believe he is a broken man. He is so broken that it's pitiful. Yes, he's ruthless, disgusting, dangerous, and deranged...and I believe wholeheartedly he should be punished for the crime he had committed. But, I can't help but pity him for turning into the man he had become due to his circumstance and upbringing. His dad abused him when he was young. He grew up in a "dog eats dog" environment where the survival of the best is needed or else it would mean his death (die by his father's abuse). He knows his mother is insincere with her affection when she is so willing to discard him when he didn't meet her expectation, and he developed a deep rooted inferiority complex. He didn't have a good role model, as his father nor his mother were good models to him. And I am sure, his lack of value of other human lives stem from witnessing his mother and father torturing, demeaning, and executing other servants in the past. 

 

He found only one form of solace and that was with his first wife. Through her, he found the first genuine love he had ever experienced. When he thought she "had betrayed him," his was mad with anger which caused him to push her into the river and stood there in a daze. He genuinely grief over her death as he called out to her by the river bed (or was it a pond?), and that incident shattered this broken man even further. 

 

I think Sunny would be his ray of light. He's beyond redeeming, that's for sure.

  Hide contents

Glad that the recent episode shows that he didn't kill his grandmother, as I said I doubt that he did. 

But it seems that Sunny will teach him to look at things and situation in another perspective. Sunny will teach him to become a better man...and from that end, he would understand how fallen he had become. 

 

And to me, I think Yura is worst than LH because she grew up with a loving foster mom...but opted to become evil for the sake of herself. 

 

Lol...I'm more interested in LH's outcome and the outcome of the plot than CWB/NWS and Sunny's romance. :sweatingbullets:

 

Both CWB and LH have to die for all the killings going on. It's a setup for LH to do something selfless when he does get killed. YR will become a monk somewhere because these dramas do that stuff to make us crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the writer wants to focus more on SN and LH than SN and WB because she wants LH to fall for her first. History is going to repeat itself so LH is going to fall hard for SN and go mad when she and WB become closer. Will he also try to kill her by that lake? And will this be before or after he finds out that WB is WS? I just wish this writer would have made LH fall for her sooner if this is the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Happy to inform you that there is a little progress with their relationship.... but little or much is a relative term, I guess. For me, it was good progress ;)

 

Hahaha, I have been thinking the same thing... but because this is makjang genre, we have to throw logic out of the window...

Yes, that's true! It was a very special little moment between them. Please writer-nim keep it up! My poor heart feels a little pacified)

But you would be laughing, chingue. My heart starts fluttering at LH's vulnerability.  These little moments at the end of the episode has left even bigger impression. What a bad fate binds him and Sunni. If only things could have been different, if only...

I wonder is there at least a little chance for him to realize his sins and sincerely feel remorse? That would have been the gratest victory of hers if Sunni would be able to reach out his conscience and remnants of his sanity if by chance there are still any left. Not just punish LH but make him understand.

Seriously though I know what a rotten person LH is but I feel pain and sadness. Another victim of his parents, another ruined life. This is just too sad.

This whole episode had a lot of good meaningful scenes and some new revelations: WS and Sunni, Sunni and princess Ari and ofc Sunni and LH.

 

 

p.s. I'm catching up on the posts and I would like to say, guys the writer doesn't try to make LH lovable. Rather she tries to explain why he turned out to be the way he is now. It's not redeeming of him but it's also much more deeper than simply dividing everything into black & white. No one is born evil.

And I guess that's what the writer tries to show. That even love can create a monster if it's twisted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Whoever else was disturbed by the scene of the queen dowager trying to seduce the young guy (reminding me of a lot of instances in real life where poor kids getting scholarship are taken advantage of people in power sponsoring/donating them and because they need the money, they endure it and do not report it because they fear it’ll revoke their scholarship, into of all the other trauma and pain it comes with). But what a turn of the tables that it’s an elder woman towards a younger boy that honestly seems like the same age as her youngest son. Maybe this also explains her obsession with staying young, ritual breast milk bath, and a hint to her secret in the island (didn’t also Sh empress find out the secret and was killed before she could expose it??).

 

Then there was also the perturbing scene of YR’s torture. You can see the downfall in her character by how she behaves with the emperor, beginning him desperately with no longer an ounce of pride within her. But her cunningness still remains that she wants to strike a deal with him and she follows WB when he finds the body. I don’t think this will set back WB in his plans because I think he wanted her to find out one way or another, and this may not be what he initially planned, but I believe he’ll be able to work around it. Even if she tells the emperor he’s WS, he will think it’s nonsense cause he spoke to ‘WS’ in front WB during that phone call.

 

was the other guy in the mental hospital SH’s bodyguard??

Link to post
Share on other sites

The emperor's reaction is similar to that of the lead in Avenger's Social Club and more notably of Tamaki Suoh of Ouran High School Host Club. Such fascination with instant coffee. Meanwhile, I'm sipping free Nescafe from our office pantry vendo machine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, juju84 said:

Yes, that's true! It was a very special little moment between them. Please writer-nim keep it up! My poor heart feels a little pacified)

But you would be laughing, chingue. My heart starts fluttering at LH's vulnerability.  These little moments at the end of the episode has left even bigger impression. What a bad fate binds him and Sunni. If only things could have been different, if only...

I wonder is there at least a little chance for him to realize his sins and sincerely feel remorse? That would have been the gratest victory of hers if Sunni would be able to reach out his conscience and remnants of his sanity if by chance there are still any left. Not just punish LH but make him understand.

Seriously though I know what a rotten person LH is but I feel pain and sadness. Another victim of his parents, another ruined life. This is just too sad.

This whole episode had a lot of good meaningful scenes and some new revelations: WS and Sunni, Sunni and princess Ari and ofc Sunni and LH.

 

 

p.s. I'm catching up on the posts and I would like to say, guys the writer doesn't try to make LH lovable. Rather she tries to explain why he turned out to be the way he is now. It's not redeeming of him but it's also much more deeper than simply dividing everything into black & white. No one is born evil.

And I guess that's what the writer tries to show. That even love can create a monster if it's twisted.

Nah he just evil. People in life go though all type of hardships they dont turn into monsters like him.

 

How do you wake  up day and say " I want to kill my wife, and burn my mistress in a car as well, oh and torture her"

 

 Looks at WB he turn his anger towards righteousness  while still trying to save everyone around him even evil people.

 

The withers trying to make me feel sympathy I dont at all  he to far gone for me to feel that way.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The "whose the killer" contest is neck and neck with Empress Dowager and the Nanny. The nanny has a lot to lose because if the emperor is found to be a killer throughout the entire investigation that Grandma was conducting; the entire monarch would fall and she still would be left with nothing. I still believe that there should be another DNA test.

 

Spoiler

Nanny got dissed and now she is pissed...Her being there seeing everyone makes her the "IT" girl. I believe that empress with soften, just a little towards the emperor. He will tell her about his story and childhood that will shake her just a bit, but when she finds out that he receives the blood transfusion that was meant for her mother...He will be super toast. I believe that NWS allowed MYR to endure more torture because she was still trying to find a way to kill him to save her own behind. I am glad that empress is trying to correct Ari; she needs a steady mother that will teach her right from wrong. Ari's prefrontal cortex is still developing and this is the perfect time for intervention. 

 

Empress dowager is a sociopath Jezebel that is power hungry. Instead of control her husband [Ahab] that has already died, she want complete control over her son. Had this been about 500 years ago when Empresses and consorts killed their enemies and children that threatened their-defacto rule, she might have gotten away with it, but now she will have to navigate her waters more carefully in 2019.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
empress.png

In DRAMA

[The Last Empress] Eps 27 & 28 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Choi Jin Hyuk x Shin Sung Rok

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok hugs Jang Na Ra, their ill-fated past revealed 


1. [+882,-7]
Looking at it now, it seems like the nanny killed the grandmother. 

2. [+836,-16]
I'm crazy.... My heart fluttered for the KakaoTalk Dog. 


3. [+802,-20]
The story is insane, really. ㅋㅋㅋ Viewers are naturally accepting that Lee Hyuk has fallen for the Empress. ㅋㅋㅋ Oh Ssu Ni's mother's story.. Sun Ok Kim, you...... ㄷㄷ


4. [+368,-12]
Ha.. damn. I'm enlisting next week but this drama is too interesting. How am I going to endure it? 


5. [+145,-3]
Now Min Yoo Ra has found out about it. This is exactly what Cheon Woo Bin wanted. Things are going so smoothly. 


6. [+143,-4]
Oh Ssu Ni's and the King's character may not be easy. But the Empress Dowager role must be really difficult too. Shin Eun Kyung's acting is really good.. 


7. [+94,-4]
To think my heart fluttered for the KakaoTalk Dog.. He's really cute. 


8. [+91,-3]
I just realized that Shin Sung Rok is so cool today...... The chemistry between Lee Hyuk and Oh Ssu Ni is seriously.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Wow, my heart fluttered so much. The ending is insane. 


9. [+90,-2]
Jang Na Ra's mother could survive if she had received the blood, she died because it was given to Shin Sung Rok instead. This is the difference between people who are privileged and underprivileged. It's sad. Anyway, when they find out about that, I think Jang Na Ra won't let Shin Sung Rok and Shin Eun Kyung off. 



 
 
dignity.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok orders Lee Elijah to make false testimony... the truth is still in a mystery 

1. [+1094,-15]
I think I'm getting a rough idea of it... The culprit who killed the Empress Dowager isn't any of the three suspects, the Empress, King and Min Yoo Ra... But Princess Ah Ri's mother, the nanny (Yoon So Yi)... And the man locked up in the mental hospital... is the dead Empress So Hyun's bodyguard. 


2. [+777,-16]
The nanny is worse than Min Yoo Ra and the Empress Dowager.. She's more cunning than Miss Lee [t/n: from drama "Unni is Alive", Yang Jung Ah's role.]


3. [+559,-37]
This isn't right... But I'm hoping that the King and Empress fall for each other.. 


4. [+396,-7]
Yang Dal Hee ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I burst out laughing. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+4,-0]
Who is Yang Dal Hee? 
- [+10,-0]
Da Som's role in 'Unnie is Alive', she's a villain. 


5. [+327,-5]
Shin Sung Rok is so funny. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ


6. [+161,-3]
What is this? I'm starting to like Lee Hyuk. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ His charisma is exploding. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ


7. [+142,-11]
Huk~ The last scene was too sudden, that's not right. But I like it. 


8. [+139,-0]
He took the mix coffee sachets and said, "I'm getting lost now."  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ In the middle of all that, he hugged the sachets really preciously. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 


9. [+141,-6]
The drama is a little sloppy. They talk about their secrets loudly and no one hears it... and Min Yoo Ra appearing out of nowhere. I turned off the tv when Na Wang Shik found his mother's body and Min Yoo Ra saw it from behind. 


10. [+130,-7]
I guess I'm crazy. I want to see Lee Hyuk and Lee Ssu Ni date. ㅋㅋ

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-last-empress-eps-27-28-spoilers.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

- When CWB and Sunny rescued the maid...It doesn´t looks like he actually killed them but knocked them unconcious....meaning they would have seen his face. 

 

- Sunny should have gone to the police with her evidence....why was it important for her to clear her name in front of the imperial family instead of the public. Hasn´t she learned from the past that those people are capable of anything and she should be careful? 

 

- When she was doing the live stream to reveal her innocent...how did she tought that a phone conversation was going to convince the public that she is innocent? just like some one said in the comment how would you know that he person on the phone is legit and what they are saying is the truth?....For something so important shouldn´t she have checked her phone to make sure that it´s the right person before answering? Also the moment she noticed that it wasn´t the right person she should haven ended the call.

 

Nonetheless I´m still enjoying this drama with all it´s craziness. I´m looking forward to see what Sunny is going to do with the revelation that the emperor is starting to like her. Somehow I don´t think that CWB identity would be revealed that soon...I´m sure he will find a way to get out of it. 

 

CWB and Sunny now got something in common both their mothers death is directly linked to LH. Even tho in Sunny´s case it wasn´t his fault.

 

That hug at the end of today´s episode make me wish to see both of them in another drama as the lead couple. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonequeen01 said:

4. [+368,-12]
Ha.. damn. I'm enlisting next week but this drama is too interesting. How am I going to endure it? 

This is just too funny... and sad :lol:

Lesson learned ~ never start a drama that you know you cannot finish watching till the end....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..