Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sirry Usly said:

Honestly I'm annoyed at how this show is ending. Really annoyed. NWS possibly dying is soooo annoying to me as well as the Emperor possibly dying even though I don't like him much. This whole drama has driven me nuts. 

SAME THOUGHT HERE. Everyone's dying! New trend, TLE? First NWS and then the Emperor...

 

I kind of hope that Hyuk doesn't die. Part of me understands him (not the killing part, thank you) but the part that is misunderstood. He locked Sunny up today because he didn't want her to die like Empress So-hyun before her. Hyuk covered for her and Sunny covered for him (even though if one could argue that she didn't really want to) in the bombing. ED IS INSANE. I'm pretty sure we all knew that. She's NUTS... I really can't wait for the finale. Again, I hope Hyuk doesn't die... I'll cry if he does!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw these pics of apparently extended trailer for tonight? Though I can't find the actual vids 

Spoiler

1550729028.gif

1550729027.gif

1550729028-1.gif

1550729028-2.gif

1550729027-1.gif

1550729027-2.gif

1550729028-3.gif

1550729028-4.gif

1550729028-5.gif

Credit : dcinside

 

Finally the end comes to TLE. I don't think I have ever watched a makjang before and only did it because of JNR. Have to admit it's quite fun though sometimes a bit OTT :sweatingbullets:

 

This drama is the only one I am currently watching so it's gonna be quite boring after this. Maybe I should catch-up on The Crowned Clown...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nikki7 said:

Saw these gifs of apparently extended trailer for tonight? Though I can't find the actual vids.

Thank you...

 

Who is the bandage man siluette?

Why he must fight?

Is he escape or something?

 

I don't think its Lee Hyuk... Is that represent of Na Wang Shik, but... I think it's on the palace, is Sunny hide a man, I don't think so.. 
 

So, no one gettin crazy :sweatingbullets: just punished in the court (dunno how many time they must be jailed, or ever death punishment). 

SKH maybe get death punishment, so she ask forgiveness by unite her hand together, wish she can alive. 

 

Sunny come into the Lee Hyuk chamber ... no it's maybe her chamber now. After Lee Hyuk die, she get all his authority. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh my heart! Royal Hotnesss!

 

SSR IG caption (google trans):

The elegance of the Empress ... It was an unforgettable joyful trip. The people I met in this work were very grateful. Thank you so much to the viewers who loved the elegance of the Empress and that revolution. Please join me on the last road of our work today Thank you p.s I loved ... lonely and lonely ... Lee Hyeok ... thanks

 

@Kasmic i want him to be in a romcom too. I've seen some bts of vagabond, i'm not sure if he's good or bad. I just want him to be in a comedy or romcom. A fluffy one. I need fluff right now. Hahaha

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

 

The show is trying to totally redeem Yura. But I want her to be punished too. She is in the wrong the same as Hyuk. 

 

 

Yes i think it's totally redeem Min Yu Ra, it make sense now... 

 

She come to the palace for revenge toward imperial family, and make herself just like Na Wang Shik, and Sunny. She even not afraid if she must die. This make her come back to the palace in many times, she is in and out from the palace, when she kicked or fired, she still come back again and again

1) she fired by ED (she use LH lust to come back)

2) she kick out by ED (she ask help from GED)

3) she locked in dungeon will be expelling from the palace by Sunny (she make LH help her)

4) she burn by LH (she ask help from ED)

In almost ending episode we know if she also victim of imperial family. 

 

Actually, although Na Wang Shik is a victim, Na Wang Shik even kill Ma Pil Jo, steal, manipulating So Jin to give him authority to the financial account. Shouldn't he must get punishment? What's he done is not a criminality?

 

Min Yu Ra crime is attempt to kill, and cover the crime. 

 

The difference between Min Yu Ra and also Na Wang Shik is Yu Ra fight alone but NWS make a lot of alliance. NWS have plan, and also have a support from Byun. He work so detail.

 

Can you imagine how hard Yu Ra for a long time when she need to fight alone for many years? She just can think about lust of Lee Hyuk that can control him.

 

Her wrong doing is make another victim of the imperial family, but NWS help the victim of imperial family. 

 

Min Yu Ra wanna get what Sunny get right now, to make herself ruin the imperial family, but she also make a way to Sunny come to the imperial family. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:
 

SSR IG caption (google trans):

The elegance of the Empress ... It was an unforgettable joyful trip. The people I met in this work were very grateful. Thank you so much to the viewers who loved the elegance of the Empress and that revolution. Please join me on the last road of our work today Thank you p.s I loved ... lonely and lonely ... Lee Hyeok ... thanks

 

@Kasmic i want him to be in a romcom too. I've seen some bts of vagabond, i'm not sure if he's good or bad. I just want him to be in a comedy or romcom. A fluffy one. I need fluff right now. Hahaha

 

Lonely and lonely...poor Pyeha...

 

To be honest,I started to watch this drama because of JangNaRa and ChoiJinHyuk  ,but end up as ShinSungRok's fan.I really want Lee Hyuk to get a happy ending. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, annchoi said:

 

Lonely and lonely...poor Pyeha...

 

To be honest,I started to watch this drama because of JangNaRa and ChoiJinHyuk  ,but end up as ShinSungRok's fan.

 

I really wanted Lee Hyuk to get a happy ending. But seems like it's not possible...

 

Yeah. The new preview seems to be he is disabled or will he commit suicide? I really hope he doesn't kill himself. I can do with other bad scenarios but not suicide.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, laivla said:

So Lee Hyuk lock Sunny is really to make her save from his mother, if Sunny not coming, maybe the incident never happen, but.... 

His personality is coward, he's not change at all, he don't dare to reveal the truth... admit his wrong doing... 

 

I think Lee Hyuk already predict the bad condition in the future, so he wish to left all authority to Sunny. Even Sunny said to "her" about Lee Hyuk last moment. And I think Lee Hyuk is die saving Sunny.. the last bomb when he carry Sunny in front of the door, maybe make he in a bad injuries in his back.

 

When he said he'll jump to the fire several eps ago, is this really happen? When Lee Hyuk wish the time stand still is sign of his die. 

 

Hope no more plot twist.. 

Make Lee Hyuk fake his death.. and change his face... :joy:

 

Spoiler

Wow ,Hyuk may pretend to be Wang Shik... 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, it seems to me the ED shaving LH is a new scene. Because LH's face has cuts, maybe from the blast. Could it be that while ED is shaving LH, she just slit his throat?? :scream: There must be a reason we were shown the creepy shaving session early at the start of the series. We were shown that LH was tense and grabbed the arm of his chair. Probably not knowing and always questioning what the mother will do with that knife in her hand.

 

Someone must have died, because I see this in the extended preview.

agrIMNZ.png

Isn't the black and white ribbon symbol for the death of? Or is it just the death of Imperial Family since that is the family emblem, isn't it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLE cray2 train will end today. It feels bittersweet. I had fun. Really. But i might not after ep 51-52. It depends. Hahaha

 

Enjoy..the latest BTS clip~

 

@ktcjdrama  i do think Hyuk dies. How he dies is the question. And I can't wait to see the answer tonight. I'm going in live! Despite my lacking Korean language skills! Hahaha

 

And..if ED slits Hyuk's throat! Omg. That would be totally cray. On another level of cray. :skull:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, laivla said:

How about make Lee Hyuk die and NWS have plastic surgery and his face change to Lee Hyuk... :joy:

Ploy twist. Hahahaha. I can accept it. How to watch the drama Live? I want to watch the ending even without sub. I just can't wait anymore 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Sunny can't forgive Lee Hyuk? 

 

1. Sunny love Lee Hyuk a lot before, and she's hurt as a lover. 

2. Lee Hyuk using Sunny to cover his crime, her heart must be hurt, how can someone use her pure heart, her pride is ruined. 

3. Lee Hyuk even dare have an affair with other woman when she is still his legal wife. 

4. Lee Hyuk also tried to kill her more than once. 

5. He causing her mother death (although he don't do this directly), he tried to suicide that's his wrong doing. 

5. Lee Hyuk still coward to reveal the truth, although Sunny provocate him a lot of time. 

6. Lee Hyuk knew the truth, and Sunny help him to understand the circumtance. Hope Lee Hyuk reveal the truth. 

6. Lee Hyuk already get Sunny's chance to reveal the truth, but he choose to keep in silent.

7. (Till the end) Lee Hyuk never admit his wrong doing.. or feel sorry to the victim, he still think he's innocent. 

 

He is die in lonely. But, I'm sure his feeling toward Sunny is true.. He love Sunny, but don't care about the other person. 

 

Maybe Lee Hyuk die is also the plot of the story from the begining.... she only can reach the higher position when no Emperor, or no Lee Hyuk in this world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait did I miss something? who was the mummified body with the diamond necklace? :crazy:

 

@katakwasabi

 

Spoiler

 Im waiting for more details on Vagabond hoping there will be some bickering and bromance between LSG and SSR ;)

 

Some updates 

 

2019022201001323600098601.jpg

 

read source - http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201902220100132360009860&ServiceDate=20190221

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Thank you @nikki7 for the extended trailer... it does look like WS is the bandage man and even was able to perform some fight scenes. Hyuk will is stamped and dated for todays date. 

 

1VFEG5HSFM_1.jpg

 

Wrap up photo with the cast and crew of TLE...why SSR and Nara was photographed separately and sadly I dont see CJH in it. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, breakmyheart said:

In all honesty, I find the Emperor a much more interesting character than Na Wang Sik. I totally get the emperor. 

 

Growing up without love and being abused constantly makes a person who crave love the most to easily be manipulated. A person who craves and desires to be loved so much can easily be enamored by anyone who would bestow even the tiniest love-like or care-like behaviour or attitude upon him/her. Lucky if the other person or people are good people who would direct this person to the right direction or path but a tragedy when the person or people are bad because they would direct this person to the wrong path.

 

My only dislike with the writing of this story is how even after it's discovered that it is the ED and that Nanny who started and orchestrated all the bad things that happened everyone is still only hating on the Emperor. It just does not make sense to me at all. Even Min Yu Ra's iniquities have been totally forgotten. How is it that Sunny and Na Wang Sik can easily forgive Min Yu Ra but not the Emperor? Is being vengeful (out for revenge) a better quality to have as a human-being than being merciful and just?  

 

For me the story of this KDrama is not just about me being for Team Emperor or Team Na Wang Sik or Team Sunny. For me the story of this KDrama is about my self-reflection and self-discovery. Like for example I reflect on the differences between the villains - how ED and Nanny are the sort of bad people who have no remorse whatsoever, they do not feel guilt or feel apologetic about what bad they have done or what bad they are doing. The Emperor is the sort of villain that has become bad because of the programming he has been subjected to since he was a kid, he knew only of this because it is what he was trained and taught how to be and so now that he saw another side he is finally slowly realizing the wrongness of what he was trained for or taught. I get why the Emperor flip flops - it's because he is in that stage wherein he is so very conflicted or confused. Imagine how it is for a person who only knew this one certain way of doing things ever since he was born because it is how he was trained to do them or taught to do them. Then suddenly comes another person who does it a different way, the opposite of what he was trained or taught? Wouldn't you be conflicted and confused as well? As for the heroes of the story my distaste was the revenge part. You might be a good person but the lust for revenge might ruin you. Sometimes not being able to forgive and let go of the anger can also be bad. All in all it made me reflect and realize how humans are not at all black and white - not good or bad. Humans walk in this grayish area wherein we could be both. 

I so agree with what you've written. I'm getting a bad feeling about the direction with the last episode. With NWS departing, and all the theories about LH dying. Far out...if ED kills her own son....ugh (could this be one of the reasons why they showed that super cute family scene T___T)

 

& also so annoyed about how MYR's actions have also been just brushed to the side by everyone. Although I have also softened up with her character to be honest, but yeah. Just because LH is in the 'spotlight' everything is pointed at him when there were also other people involved. I love LH's character and also find it the most interesting/complex. His many faults, desperation, craze, wanting-to-be-loved but is always being deceived kind of vibe. I like how he is slowly learning how to not be a coward in his own way, learn what is right/wrong and stand up for him self  (not sure if we have enough time or if he will die :() NWS is alright but he is immersed in his plan on revenge. I feel that he will never be able to accept it, think about his future and continue on with his life. His character seems that he is basically living for revenge. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newreul said:

Ploy twist. Hahahaha. I can accept it. How to watch the drama Live? I want to watch the ending even without sub. I just can't wait anymore 

 

I watch on aqstream. But my stream yesterday was very bad. Hopefully it will be okay today.

 

A few more hours to the final ep. A personal reminder to myself and you all nice soompians in TLE land~ 

 

Good luck for the final ep. Hopefully it meets our expectations or whatever is left of it. and if it doesnt, hopefully it meets half way. If all expectations are not met..just forget this drama and move on to the next. Hahahaha. 

 

But truth be told...how can i forget Royal Hotness~ look at him. So cute :lol:

D1RWX5.gif

 

@Kasmic wuuuuu..so Hyuk's will is stamped today. What will happen to him....i am so curious.

 

And i'm even more curious about who is the actor that replaced CJH. I have a feeling we might see a famous cameo. Who knows right? Anything can happen in TLE land. Hahaha

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, breakmyheart said:

In all honesty, I find the Emperor a much more interesting character than Na Wang Sik. I totally get the emperor. 

 

Growing up without love and being abused constantly makes a person who crave love the most to easily be manipulated. A person who craves and desires to be loved so much can easily be enamored by anyone who would bestow even the tiniest love-like or care-like behaviour or attitude upon him/her. Lucky if the other person or people are good people who would direct this person to the right direction or path but a tragedy when the person or people are bad because they would direct this person to the wrong path.

 

My only dislike with the writing of this story is how even after it's discovered that it is the ED and that Nanny who started and orchestrated all the bad things that happened everyone is still only hating on the Emperor. It just does not make sense to me at all. Even Min Yu Ra's iniquities have been totally forgotten. How is it that Sunny and Na Wang Sik can easily forgive Min Yu Ra but not the Emperor? Is being vengeful (out for revenge) a better quality to have as a human-being than being merciful and just?  

 

For me the story of this KDrama is not just about me being for Team Emperor or Team Na Wang Sik or Team Sunny. For me the story of this KDrama is about my self-reflection and self-discovery. Like for example I reflect on the differences between the villains - how ED and Nanny are the sort of bad people who have no remorse whatsoever, they do not feel guilt or feel apologetic about what bad they have done or what bad they are doing. The Emperor is the sort of villain that has become bad because of the programming he has been subjected to since he was a kid, he knew only of this because it is what he was trained and taught how to be and so now that he saw another side he is finally slowly realizing the wrongness of what he was trained for or taught. I get why the Emperor flip flops - it's because he is in that stage wherein he is so very conflicted or confused. Imagine how it is for a person who only knew this one certain way of doing things ever since he was born because it is how he was trained to do them or taught to do them. Then suddenly comes another person who does it a different way, the opposite of what he was trained or taught? Wouldn't you be conflicted and confused as well? As for the heroes of the story my distaste was the revenge part. You might be a good person but the lust for revenge might ruin you. Sometimes not being able to forgive and let go of the anger can also be bad. All in all it made me reflect and realize how humans are not at all black and white - not good or bad. Humans walk in this grayish area wherein we could be both. 

I love what you've written above. Very well put. And I agree with everything, esp.the bold part.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Hyuk shaved in the preview is new, not from 4th ep. Lee Hyuk face is hurt but her neck is fine in that preview, but in 4th ep Lee Hyuk face is okay, but her neck have a band. 

 

So.. maybe Lee Hyuk not killed because of the explosion, but killed by his own mother. 

Maybe Lee Hyuk know if he's being killed by his Mama but he know if this make Sunny save, he not coward to face death (between suicide and killed). 

 

After the explosion he realize if he can't protect Sunny from his mother, he also will be touched because Sunny come back to save him, and make her life in danger once again. He know let Sunny go is make her save. But, if he's alive, he can't let Sunny go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...