[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

36 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Actually no :) It just became a musical because of Oh Sunny.

And that's what make the actors in this drama really awesome because most of them are not just actors but are singers too. SSR and CJH might not have a record out but they both have good singing voice and SSR is trained in theater. And JNR and Lee heejin (princess so jin) are kpop singers.

It's my dream that the cast can have a 1 day show of Finding Mr. Destiny...like make a real musical. I know it will be quite impossible considering their busy schedules but dreaming is free anyway :lol:

Ommoo... princess So Jin is also K-pop singer... sorry I dunno.. 

Actually I browse some song that singing by SSR-JNR-CJH, and choose some title that a bit related to this drama.. and I found this 

SSR-  I bet everything on you (OST. Sandglass)

CJH - Don't look back (OST. The Heirs)

JNR - Wind from the End of Sky (OST. Dong Yi) 

Just see the title my imagination going wild.. 

Lee Hyuk bet everything on Ssu Ni and Woo Bin he'll do everything to protect them, although he felt betrayed by both of them in the end his feeling toward both of them still the same, he choose to trust both of them, protect and care both of them. He bet his life to finish Woo Bin unfinish mision and also Sunny wish to take down himself. 

Woo Bin ask Sunny don't look back to the past when she out from the palace, or when she go with him.. don't think about Lee Hyuk, Sunny must got happy ending, she must forget what that happen in the past. 

Sunny when success take down the Empire, she feel like the wind is change she feel freely smile. Everythink is clear, she know if Lee Hyuk really love her in the end. Woo Bin also die in peace after saving Lee Hyuk and Sunny from the bombing attack. Remind Sunny act saving Lee Hyuk, both of them moving Lee Hyuk coward heart to be extremely brave... 

Sorry... I still can't move on from this drama... :joy:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, laivla said:

Sorry... I still can't move on from this drama... :joy:

You are not alone. I haven't move on yet. Especially since I don't have a cracktastic drama on my list now. So I'm making gifs for fun hahaha

These two fighting constantly made the drama more fun. Haha

P71qpn.gif

Hyuk has great aim. He could have turn nanny into NWS 2.0 if he made even a small mistake.

81qrNl.gif

If anyone wants to watch the epilogue from the original link on Naver TV Cast, here's the link:

https://tv.naver.com/v/5492405

And here's the text from the title and description of the video from Naver TV Cast for those who can't access it:

Title: [미공개 에필로그] 선후배로 다시 만난 신성록♥장나라

Description: 뮤지컬 배우 선후배로 만난 장나라(오써니)와 신성록(정만두), 신성록은 자신이 장나라의 10년 된 팬이라며 고백한다.

9 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

You are not alone. I haven't move on yet. Especially since I don't have a cracktastic drama on my list now. 

I don't think I would have too... This is the most interesting drama in my life..

Hyuk has great aim. He could have turn nanny into NWS 2.0 if he made even a small mistake.

Talk about Lee Hyuk... I'm done view your link but no translate:joy:

I think a lot of viewer start to see SSR has a nice smile, (this how the epilog video end with his smile) :joy:

Perfect cast as Emperor is SSR... 

1) He must act to be villain (he act as villain for some drama)

2) He must act singing (he is join music theaterical and sing) 

3) He must act fighting

4) He must act cute scene (actually he also playing some romcom, but never so outstanding when he play Lee Hyuk, he act like cute Lee Hyuk) 

5) He must act crazy paranoid

6) He must act coward toward a wife because he has secret affair (he ever done this kind of drama, a husband that have an affair, romcom but.. also controversial drama)

7) He must act die in the end.

So Lee Hyuk character is interesting at all..

all kind of SSR experience is so help him to be perfect Lee Hyuk.. dunno he ever playing death scene or not, but it's so touching and heart breakin..That's how I think this character is perfect on him... and he make perfect Lee Hyuk till the end...

Lucky him got kiss scene with a lot of woman :relieved: (ED, MYR, SH, Sunny, SKH) -i know it's unreal but... i just wanna said lucky, because Woo Bin never got one.. 

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, didn't bother to translate the lyrics they were singing. Here is a translation of the dialogue between Sunny and the LH Doppelganger.

(after the Doppelganger messes up his singing)
SN: How many times is that, you? Aren’t you going to rehearse properly?
Doppel: I’m sorry, sunbae-nim. (let’s out a nervous laugh)
SN: You’re laughing? Are you even able to laugh (right now)? You must be lacking something. (meaning he must not be right in the head) If the play is ruined because of you, will you take responsibility? Are you going to just laugh it off then as well?
Doppel: I’ll work diligently, sunbae-nim!
SN: Strangely, I didn’t like you from the very beginning. If you continue to not practice, I’ll totally cut you. (meaning from the role)
Director: Oh, Sunny-shi, but still he says that he’s a 10 year fan of yours, so don’t be so hard on him. Let’s take care of him well as we’re doing it. Okay?
SN: So what if he’s a fan? Is that something that should get special consideration? If he’s a fan, shouldn’t he being doing it even more diligently? (sees Doppel with his head down) Omo. Omo. Are you crying?!
Doppel: Sunbae-nim… While we’re taking a break, could you sign an autograph for me?
SN: Get lost! Aren’t you going to get lost?!
Doppel: I don’t want to get lost!
SN: You think I’m easy, don’t you? (meaning he thinks that she’s weak and doesn’t need to be considered) Just because I keep letting you get off, you see me as laughable, and… (turns to the director) Let’s quit rehearsal here. I need to take this one (pointing at Doppel) firmly in hand. (meaning she’s going to make him rehearse his part over and over again rather than doing a full rehearsal)
Doppel: Then, does that mean that today, sunbae and I will be alone together? A date?!
SN: Are you crazy?!
Doppel: Actually… from sunbae’s debut, I was a total fan. (meaning one of those total obsessive fans) And, it’s because of sunbae that I became an actor in musicals. Even though, right now, I’m lacking in many ways, and I like you more, but I’ll try hard to become a person who is fit to be with sunbae. Just wait. I will cause sunbae to definitely like me a lot more.

(Flashback/flashforward? - think this is a flashback, but not entirely sure)
SN: I’m going to make your majesty definitely like me a lot more. Just wait and see.
(end flashback/forward?)

Doppel: Noona, where are you going?
SN: Noona?! You think you can just do as you please? (she’s angry that he’s addressing her so familiarly and kicks him)
Doppel: Noona! Noona!  (then smiles even as she’s walked off)

So, do I take it that this is an epilogue for those fans who were mourning that SN didn't end up with LH? Hmm. Where is the epilogue ending where SN and WS doppelganger end up together as they laugh at the LH doppelganger? Just saying. Anyway, this is a cute exchange anyway, especially as the doppelganger is being all "noona" and a fan of SN and all that.

Or maybe....

Lee Hyuk fake his death to live as an usual person... not as an Emperor again, just like what he said before to Ssu Ni...

Sunny forgive him at all... then maybe Ssu Ni help him to the hospital, and threatment him secretly, and then just like Min Yu Ra who lost her memories, maybe Lee Hyuk also lost his memories... 

Byun also take a part to make new identity of Lee Hyuk as Jung Man Soo.. just like he done to Na Wang Shik get Chun Woo Bin as his new identity... 

I wonder what prompted them to do an epilogue?

I'm not complaining though! It really made Hyuk's dying words of: "What if we didn't meet as Emperor and Empress?" better. Now they meet as two theatrical actor/actress. I'm so glad that Sunny got an ending with another person (who oddly looks like her dead husband). We don't even know this new person's name and they just leave. 

It's also not a coincidence that they're singing the same song that Hyuk used to propose to Sunny, I think. There's definitely another message in there. 

Clearly I can't let go of this drama!

1 hour ago, laivla said:

Or maybe....

Lee Hyuk fake his death to live as an usual person... not as an Emperor again, just like what he said before to Ssu Ni...

Sunny forgive him at all... then maybe Ssu Ni help him to the hospital, and threatment him secretly, and then just like Min Yu Ra who lost her memories, maybe Lee Hyuk also lost his memories... 

Byun also take a part to make new identity of Lee Hyuk as Jung Man Soo.. just like he done to Na Wang Shik get Chun Woo Bin as his new identity... 

LOL! Watching this epilogue also made me think what you're thinking. That somehow the Emperor faked his death and got another identity and made it younger than Sunny (thus the "noona" part which was so funny). It also helped make sense as to why after 4 bullets going through his body the Emperor was still reciting a monologue to both his mother and then to Sunny before he passed out and died (maybe he was wearing a bullet proof vest? LOL!). I mean I wouldn't be surprised as the Emperor seems to have this mischievous side to him and so he would probably enjoy and have fun being another person and trying to woo back Sunny while she is clueless as to who he is. OMG! That epilogue just made my imagination go crazy.  HAHA! It's like Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo all over again for me.

2 hours ago, laivla said:

Or maybe....

I don't think Hyuk faked his death because Sunny got the auditor involved with the case, hence, his death cannot be easily fake since the auditor would have arrested him for his crime. Besides, who could help cover his fake death? ED doesn't have the power since she was promptly arrested (and she was arrested for the murder of the emperor as one of her charge, hence the police has already confirmed his death). Hyuk was severely injured. Sunny would not have covered his death since she had told him to pay for his crime if he wants to gain forgiveness. So, I think Hyuk is dead and this person just look like Hyuk.

54 minutes ago, 0timelost said:

I don't think Hyuk faked his death because Sunny got the auditor involved with the case, hence, his death cannot be easily fake since the auditor would have arrested him for his crime. Besides, who could help cover his fake death? ED doesn't have the power since she was promptly arrested (and she was arrested for the murder of the emperor as one of her charge, hence the police has already confirmed his death). Hyuk was severely injured. Sunny would not have covered his death since she had told him to pay for his crime if he wants to gain forgiveness. So, I think Hyuk is dead and this person just look like Hyuk.

I agree. I don't think Hyuk faked it because as you mentioned for all of the reasons above, he can't escape the auditors. Even as ED is jail with KSH, he can't escape without being arrested. I think he knew that he was going to die while carrying out his "final mission" too. And plus, Sunny watched him die in her arms so she wouldn't be as calm and had tears in her eyes while looking at this exact same person.

I find this to be a nice ending, it gave me the closure that I needed knowing that Hyuk died and Sunny ended up with someone who looks like him. A lot of things are coincidental too: the proposal song, the lines said, and the smile. I think Sunny really wanted to slap him and then hug him, but knew that it was someone completely different that was in love with her. I thought it was very cute.

I sincerely hope that SSR and JNR starr in a romcom next. I'm ready for the chemistry!! Please toss me all of the sweet candies and not the sour ones from TLE... 

I remember when Fated to Love You ended, JNR & JH did a short 1 episode drama which was super sweet.

Hope some producer can pair her with SSR even if it's just for an hour drama. I seriously love watching them together.

Note: Thanks for the epilogue video. Dongsaeng LH is so cute. 

I would love to see a drama with SSR and JNR again, just this time his character not a total meanie whack job having an affair. I did kind of like the bad guy x good girl dynamic in a sense, cause he’s so good at being charismatic and rough around the edges while her being so angelic and kind. Seeing how the leads from goblin reunited in Touch your heart, I would love a imiliar kdrama like that for them. 

58 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

I remember when Fated to Love You ended, JNR & JH did a short 1 episode drama which was super sweet.

Hope some producer can pair her with SSR even if it's just for an hour drama. I seriously love watching them together.

Note: Thanks for the epilogue video. Dongsaeng LH is so cute. 

31 minutes ago, philosophie said:

I would love to see a drama with SSR and JNR again, just this time his character not a total meanie whack job having an affair. I did kind of like the bad guy x good girl dynamic in a sense, cause he’s so good at being charismatic and rough around the edges while her being so angelic and kind. Seeing how the leads from goblin reunited in Touch your heart, I would love a imiliar kdrama like that for them. 

Best. Idea. Ever. I remember the special that they did. It was so depressing, and dark. If Jang Nara and SSR ever do a special together, I would be sooooooo happy. But it has to be happy, and they must have a happy ending. I miss SSR a lot. Please, get him a new drama, somebody.

7 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Best. Idea. Ever. I remember the special that they did. It was so depressing, and dark. If Jang Nara and SSR ever do a special together, I would be sooooooo happy. But it has to be happy, and they must have a happy ending. I miss SSR a lot. Please, get him a new drama, somebody.

He'll return soon. In May for Vagabond :lol:

Come and visit his soompi thread yalll~ and share all things SSR to your heart's content. Hahaha

15 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I want doppelganger in suits not that oversized plaid shirt :lol:. But he does look cute. Very dongsaeng-like.

It looks like doppelganger Hyuk reminds Sunny of herself. Awwwww~

hahaha maybe because Hyuk wants them to meet as a normal person... so he wearing that oversized plain shirt just showing he is a normal guy .. i mean normal and healthy mind guy hahahaha.. wahhhh <3 <3 <3

i think sunny will be happy with this guy.. he looks nice and sincere. lol

Archived