[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

10 minutes ago, blademan said:

Well I for one. LOVED THAT ENDING :grin:

The best they could do in my opinion. The plot towards the end was getting too convoluted it seemed like it wouldn't be satisfactory but I LOVED IT!

- LH's best punishment was death and the fact that he will never be able to experience love with the woman he loves.

- The Queen went insane and is currently rotting in prison. (if she wasn't already)

- Maybe YR should have gotten a worse off ending...but don't really care tbh

- NWS/WB dying in the line of duty was the best way I could see his character dying actually - him dying of that bullet wound would have been anti-climactic. (and LH basically did whatever WS wanted: end the imperial family and LH die)

- The nanny. Okay she dead. Again, not feeling too bad cause Ari got Sunny now!

- Yoon got his happily ever after!

- Sunny...couldn't see it any other way. She did what she promised she would. End the Imperial family by exposing their truth! 

Again LOVED IT! The show was kinda draggy towards the end, but the ending made up for it :)

High five! Yay! Another person who loves the ending~ :blush:

The ending made up for the kinda lackluster eps last week eventhough last weeks ep was more action packed.

I love the ending. I think it is well thought out. And all characters were addressed. Albeit not all questions are answered, the ending did exceed my expectations. And i felt content and fuzzy inside after watching it~ 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lOve how this drama end..even its heartbreaking and so sad to watch...pd done a great job to end it with spectacular footage....Brilliant...superb acting by Jang nara, shin sung rok and of course choi jin hyuk who bring life to this messy plots...hehehe but i love every episodes..its so thrilling...different from other drama shown nowaday...ots like sageuk conflict in modern drama..its different...❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

4 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Just when I thought where is the wrap up party, here it comes. After the finale...odd right?

Love SSR

Woah!! I was wondering when the after party would be~ maybe they filmed the finale till the last minutes before its air time. Fuhhh

But they look well rested. Yay!

Bolded the above. Because: me too :heart:

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I was kinda dissapointed last week, but with this week's ep, i feel that it all make sense.

I was feeling this same way too!! Was getting kinda worried about the finale actually, so I was so glad it wrapped up nicely. 

35 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was feeling this same way too!! Was getting kinda worried about the finale actually, so I was so glad it wrapped up nicely. 

I can't stop gushing about the ending. I expected it to be draggy. And then we were shown spoilers of an explosion. Me: noooo..here we go again with blowing people up.

But when it came to watch the actual episode, live without subs, it was already exciting. I had fun recapping the final eps of TLE.

Ep 51-52 broke me with NWS's sacrifice and Hyuk's vow to live as him and finish his unfinished business. And the shaving scene, gahhhh. And i loved the museum at the end. The memories, and the camera pulls out to show all the familiar places in the palace~ nicely done. Claps for the whole team.

And this. I think this is acting at its finest.

I love it. The way the words were said, the way they look, the gestures. All of it. Heartbreaking :heartbreak:.

“The Last Empress” Cast Shares Their Thoughts After Drama’s Finale

Feb 22, 2019
by C. Hong

The cast of “The Last Empress” have shared their thoughts and feelings on their drama coming to an end.

On February 21, just before the drama aired its finale, Jang Nara wrote, “Filming done. Thank you, thank you to all the viewers who have loved ‘The Last Empress!’ I am also deeply grateful to the cast and crew who have worked hard for almost half a year. Thanks to the ‘The Last Empress’ team, who kept smiling even when they were tired and exhausted, and thanks to my colleagues, I was able to work hard and not lose my sense of responsibility!”

She continued, “(Thank you to my personal team, from hairstylist Choi Jung Eun and makeup artist Lee Ji Min, who stayed full of fighting spirit until the end, and thank you to Young Hyun and Chief Park Kyung Hwa, who worked hard for a long time to make me look good, and thank you to manager Kim Gwi Hoon, who accompanied me everywhere.) And… I want to say thank you to my friends, who cheered me on quietly for a long time. Even if you don’t say anything, I can feel your warm gaze and know your true feelings.”

She concluded, “Thank you, I love you. I will rest deeply for a brief time and return with even more energy! (I had a bad cold so… I’m really sorry that my voice wasn’t very good during the final episode TT).”

Also on social media, Shin Sung Rok wrote, “‘The Last Empress’… It was a fun journey I will never forget. I’m so grateful to the precious people I met through this project. Thank you so much to the viewers who loved ‘The Last Empress’ and my character Lee Hyuk.” He added, “P.S. Thank you to Lee Hyuk… the lonely and bitter man that I… loved.”

Lee Elijah released a statement through her agency that said, “I was able to complete filming without any problems and endure through the cold winter due to the viewers who showed their love for ‘The Last Empress.’ Thank you to the crew, who went through a lot, and I will work to repay the love we have received on this drama with a new project soon. Thank you for spending this cold winter with us.”

Stephanie Lee said, “‘The Last Empress’ has one more episode left and the love that the viewers showed us has me feeling regretful [about what I could do]. The cast and crew, who endured through the cold for six months, all went through a lot and it was a shoot through which we all became closer. It was a precious experience that I learned a lot from. Thank you to the viewers who loved ‘The Last Empress’ and my character and please keep watching until the end.”

Shin Go Eun wrote on Instagram, “Goodbye to my character, who I felt both regretful and grateful for every time we met. I was happy on ‘The Last Empress.'”

“The Last Empress” also revealed a behind-the-scenes film of the last day of filming, which included some last words from Shin Sung Rok and Jang Nara. The two actors shared their mixed feelings on the end of a shoot that had lasted six months and thanked the viewers for their support. Jang Nara apologized once again for the state of her voice and both actors promised to return with a new project soon in the future.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I can't stop gushing about the ending. I expected it to be draggy. And then we were shown spoilers of an explosion. Me: noooo..here we go again with blowing people up.

But when it came to watch the actual episode, live without subs, it was already exciting. I had fun recapping the final eps of TLE.

Ep 51-52 broke me with NWS's sacrifice and Hyuk's vow to live as him and finish his unfinished business. And the shaving scene, gahhhh. And i loved the museum at the end. The memories, and the camera pulls out to show all the familiar places in the palace~ nicely done. Claps for the whole team.

And this. I think this is acting at its finest.

I love it. The way the words were said, the way they look, the gestures. All of it. Heartbreaking :heartbreak:.

Same-same.... I'm planning to rewatch the finale this weekend. The last episode gave me a kind of triumphant feeling, like "Finally! The bad guys each got their punishment and our heroine got what she's been fighting for!".

This below is one of the scenes I love, LOLOL....

c4eeWYx.png

Well well welll...isn't this foreshadowing?

Did Hyuk take inspiration from granny? Uuuuuu

XL6ABg.gif

32 minutes ago, sunshine79 said:

Why didn't Sunny tell ED that the bandaged person was Emperor? I mean it seemed like she had the time, at least after the first shot. And as it was proved in this drama, only one gun shot to ANYWHERE, doesn't kill the person:lol:

Exactly!! She could have shouted Lee Hyuk!! Or that's your son! :sweatingbullets:

The scene was sad. But it does remind me of this:

Difference of death scenes by PSW:

Hollywood: They grunt and die quietly

Chinese: They yell and die right away

Korean: They talk until the last breath.

This is so true. Hahaha

@ktcjdrama cray2 and old evil mum was funny but also creepy. I can't believe she will go to extreme lengths just to remain beautiful and young. Tsk3

Never did I thought a shaving scene can show character growth.

Ep 4 - Mum suggested for him to shave.

Spoiler

nxZoLR.gif

Hyuk avoided eye contact most of the time, fists clenched. He looks submissive to his mum. QnWP1Y.gif Ep 51 - Hyuk requested her to shave him. k85lG5.gif Hyuk stares directly at her. He looks content and decisive for once. wVjAJM.gif Yay for relating the end to the beginning~ Yay for scenes like this which may look similar at a glance, but actually very different. This scene was a nice touch to show that Hyuk is finally free and no longer his mum's puppet. 

Edit: the shaving scene and Hyuk reading Granny's letter, make me wonder that the ending might have been the ending in mind since the very beginning. It ties up nicely.

Wow!.. what an epic ending to the 4 months of roller coaster ride! In spite of all the craziness and some glaring plot holes in this show, the last 2 spisodes were heartbreaking!.. I shed tears for both WS and LH. I cried for WS as he died protecting both LH and Sunny. He is truly the loyal bodyguard till the end. Though he was bent on revenge and wanted kill LH but his true nature ( will always remember what his mom said.. I do not want my good boy to follow the wrong path) overcame the hate and he selflessly sacrificed himself for the greater good

I cried when LH died.. ( I never expected to cry but yes I did!!!) To be honest I did not want him to die as I felt that killing his character off is an easy way out for him to redeem all his wrongdoings. However, I believe he truly woke up and changed when he saw how determined both Sunny and WS was to expose the wrongdoings and corruption of the imperial family. They were willing to even give up their lives ( of which WS died) and he witnessed it himself. Great redemption arc for him. Kudos to the writer!.

Though the drama ended with all the villians getting what they deserved (esp sKH and ED), I missed the closure of WS’s character. I understand he had to die but somehow I felt that she did not close his chapter well. Unless I missed it, did she explain how WS ended up disappearing from the island and being chased down by someone(?) and then ended up in the same place that had the explosives.. was it ED who did it?

i was also expecting the production team/writer to at least film the reaction of Sunny to his death. WS protected and saved her numerous times in the entire show. They cared for one another deeply even to the fact that Sunny stood in front of him hand LH pointed the gun at  WS.

I was also disappointed that there were no flashbacks of him and Sunny when she walked through the palace and remembered the moments. WS was part of her memories. Sunny herself said that she would not have survived in the palace had it not for WS. They could have even added a scene where Byun, Sunny and DS visited his grave to thank him for what he had done. Seriously WS played such an important role in planning and executing the downfall of the imperial family. He was just forgotten like that!:tears:

it was so ironic to see that the only person who remembered WS and reacted was LH. He continued WS’s mission. I guess this was the way that LH is seeking forgiveness.   I am not surprised if it was LH who buried him ( not sure if it was mentioned). bromance is really strong here

i have shed enough tears for the last few days!.. it has been a great journey and I am definitely going to miss TLE and it’s casts. They were exceptionally good in bringing out their characters to life. 

To all the chingus here.. see you all again in another drama. Any recommendations?.. i was thinking of starting The Light in Your Eyes.

27 minutes ago, jbeanie1709 said:

To all the chingus here.. see you all again in another drama. Any recommendations?.. i was thinking of starting The Light in Your Eyes.

I think you might enjoy The Fiery Priest.

I tried watching The Light in Your Eyes ep.1-2, it's good but not yet feeling it, so will continue to watch till ep.4 before deciding to continue or not.

Archived