[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Princess Ari imitating ED lool she actually nailed it.. Was wondering when the will details was going to be revealed..

I am going back and forth on what will happen to WS, but starting to think he may not make it. With Sunny and her family, SH father and now the introduction of SJ, they can have DS ending up with a nice family unit. WS probably will get his revenge and the bad guys will get taken down, but unfortunate that WS may get a sad ending.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, autumna said:

Princess Ari imitating ED lool she actually nailed it.. Was wondering when the will details was going to be revealed..

I am going back and forth on what will happen to WS, but starting to think he may not make it. With Sunny and her family, SH father and now the introduction of SJ, they can have DS ending up with a nice family unit. WS probably will get his revenge and the bad guys will get taken down, but unfortunate that WS may get a sad ending.

NOOOOO! :bawling:    I don't think I can handle WB having a sad ending. Can't they pull a miracle "back from the dead" surprise? This show is already a bit nuts with what it has been pulling....why not keep it going?

Plus, it could be WB ends up ok in the end, but they are dragging out his cure as it helps bring tension to the story since you don't know when his brain is going to pop. Plus since we are getting to the end of the show, you got to ramp up the drama for the shows climax.... otherwise it might not make for a satisfying conclusion.

Since I get too involved with my shows, I may need to just follow recaps for the remaining episodes to help distance my self emotionally so that if WB does go six feet under, I can handle the heartache.

empress38.png

In DRAMA

[The Last Empress] Eps 37 & 38 spoilers, Shin Sung Rok x Jang Na Ra x Choi Jin Hyuk

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok points the gun at Choi Jin Hyuk who fell for Jang Na Ra, "When did you betray me?"  

1. [+2106,-34]
It was so funny when Lee Hyuk's at Ssu Ni's house. His father-in-law said he looks like a dog. I burst out laughing at that. ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1891,-23]
It was really funny when Princess Ah Ri copied how the Empress Dowager talked. 

3. [+1962,-164]
Honestly, who's supporting Lee Hyuk ❤️ Ssu Ni? I'm supporting them wholeheartedly. 

4. [+439,-46]
He was in pain, that's why he sat down. But he misunderstood and thought that Woo Bin was upset that they had to be apart. They still have lots of things to do, I hope they resolve their misunderstandings... 

5. [+374,-10]
He's discovered them really fast. 

6. [+330,-1]
When Princess Ah Ri dubbed the Empress Dowager, I burst out laughing. This kid's acting skills are great. 

7. [+246,-1]
I think Woo Bin's going to use a ridiculous excuse and the Emperor will go, "Ah~ so that's what it is. I believe you..." ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+251,-7]
You can't make any sense out of this drama. You just have to watch it, thinking of this as a comedy and you'll enjoy it. 

9. [+249,-25]
If we look at things carefully, Lee Hyuk didn't do anything wrong directly. Empress So Hyun, Woo Bin's mother, Ssu Ni's mother's surgery, and the old Empress Dowager's death too. He seems like a pitiful person.. 
- [+90,-1]
Not for Cheon Woo Bin's mother. The body (she was alive) but he didn't get medical attention for her immediately. A normal person would call the ambulance immediately. 

10. [+185,-2]
ㅋㅋ The scriptwriter turns Shin Sung Rok into a dog once every episode. ㅋㅋㅋ

last.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Choi Jin Hyuk realizes how much time he has left, "3 months at most"  

1. [+137,-24]
The Emperor may be trash, but he didn't kill anyone directly. He just has to mend his ways. 

2. [+149,-62]
Please change it to a month. Scriptwriter, you still have a chance to do that. OhLee, get it? 

3. [+74,-2]
Kang Joo Seung is the plot twist.. This plot twist is going to be as goosebumps-inducing as Unnie's Alive.

4. [+97,-52]
It's not interesting when people say, "Do your job, bullet." 

5. [+35,-5]
To be honest, even if the drama doesn't have any development, I won't think much of it too. 

6. [+93,-66]
Please save Woo Bin... Please make it a happy ending. 

7. [+26,-0]
The comments gave me goosebumps.. Because the story isn't going in the direction that they like, they want him to die quickly.. Please be appropriate. 

8. [+27,-2]
No, but Na Wang Shik's life was ruined because of the royal family. His mother died, he has a bullet stuck in his head and is unable to do surgery at this point, he can only live 3 months at most. No matter how much Lee Hyuk has changed, it's a fact that Lee Hyuk killed Na Wang Shik's mother. Personally, I hope that Na Wang Shik and the antis destroy the royal family. 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-last-empress-eps-37-38-spoilers.html

To hell with some of these k-netz

K-netz always use the excuse LH's pitiful child for what he has done while he actually free to order something in his palace...kkkkk.... And I don't like writernim making the empress like an easy person to change her heart from WB to LH or vice versa. LH's funny side make them forget WB sadness at all. And for me, it's more like creepy than funny. They want his character die just for the sake to make Sunny-LH is the endgame. Aigooo.... If there is someone who needs a happy ending for this series, it should go to Woobin (and Dongsik). 

I said I wasn't but I lied, this drama...yo I've been doing nothing but lmao! 

Sunny is wrecking Empress Dowager with grace and style and I'm living for it! XD Sunny just playing 'the game of thrones' and winning is just awesome. Augh, off topic but i cannot wait for the last season of got, *mentally preparing myself to witness all my fav characters dying cause GRRM is a sadist and i'm a masochist XD

Mother Dearest has the funniest facial expressions I have ever seen. Shin Eun Kyung and Shin Sung Rok were cast perfectly as mother and son their facial expressions, I can't! 

Lee Hyuk is cray cray for realz, omg I'll be disappointed if SSR doesn't become a lead a rom com. But for real though, why did this crazy nut come out of the car, popping off guns at the paparazzi? LOL What?!

Also writers stop showing poor baby Lee Hyuk, he's still cray-cray even though your trying to make my heart clench at the abuse, at the neglect. TT_TT

I'mma need Nanny Seo to back off! Sunny isn't that type of woman, if she was she would have already shown signs of mistreating Ari like that, she's not you! Don't play with my baby princess' heart like that. Srsly, I petition for Sunny to adopt Ari at this point. Dad is either going to end up dead or in an asylum and mom is getting life with no parole. 

She can take Dong Shik too, giving guard Kang never recovers from the trauma he was put through :(

BTW, I hope it was the guard that witness Nanny Seo killing So Hyun. 

I wonder if Sunny is going to step in and save Woo Bin from Lee Hyuk again? Ahh and crazy LH is back again, XD

For real tho...Woo Bin, my dude you have to tone down the heart eyes for the Empress until she's single again. 

Lee Hyuk desperate to keep Sunny by his side....wow...I have no words for this...I want to say deluded but I think he's just blindly pretending to not acknowledge that Sunny might have developed feelings for Woo Bin and vice versa, he at least is self aware that her attempts at being nice is not because she really means it and that she hates him 5ever, prob with a dash of pity. But desperation can make people do crazy things so...

The dynamic between this trio is going to be interesting to watch next week. 

I want to feel bad for Yu Ra but bish is crazy too and her treatment of Dong Shik is the worst. 

Sunny and her family being savage towards the emperor, yass!!

Ehh, writers the whole 'WB has 3 months or less to live' better be for drama sake. Like you better not kill him off or people will riot, just saying. 

I mean I have always been a lover of foeyay/enemy, immoral and crack ships but I'm still here for the good healthy slow burn that is Woo Bin/Sunny or Bunny as I like to call them XD. 

I'll be fine if Sunny doesn't end up with anyone but I don't want WB dying, like, come on!

I think that's it. I'm not making anymore speculations as I'm watching this as the drama unfolds I'm just hoping for a happy ending that's all. 

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

@foreverempress Thank you very much for the information. 

Sunny was so badass in the last episode she finally learned how to play the game in the palace. I especially loved it when she used her learned self defense on LH. I also love how her and her family are not buying into that goofiness of LH. Sunny´s character has come a long way and I love the strong woman she has become. 

and find happiness again. 

I am glad that she is firm in her resolve; that is the only way she is going to survive. Those family scenes were too funny. I died when Sunny's father through a claim at him to eat. Her father still has honor in him. I remember how he acted when Sunny almost died from the crane accident; he was baffled as to why Hyuk ran because the man, in their culture, is supposed to protect his wife.

Woobin deserves happy ending..

For the first time im crying at the part when WB send sunny to her room after the harsh training..

How hard it is for him to keep all his feeling by himself..i believed so hyun's farther knows that NWS already fall in love with sunny based on their conversation after the met with the doctor.

NWS doesnt have any freedom since his mom was dead..he cant show his feeling towards DS and sunny freely

At least for sunny she still has her farther and sister..

:cry:

18 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

I am glad that she is firm in her resolve; that is the only way she is going to survive. Those family scenes were too funny. I died when Sunny's father through a claim at him to eat. Her father still has honor in him. I remember how he acted when Sunny almost died from the crane accident; he was baffled as to why Hyuk ran because the man, in their culture, is supposed to protect his wife.

I know right that scene was so hilarious :joy:

I´m really proud of the father...thinking back to the beginning where he literally sold his daughter...he has also come a long way. 

58 minutes ago, butterflyempress said:

I

I mean I have always been a lover of foeyay/enemy, immoral and crack ships but I'm still here for the good healthy slow burn that is Woo Bin/Sunny or Bunny as I like to call them XD. 

I'll be fine if Sunny doesn't end up with anyone but I don't want WB dying, like, come on!

sorry to cut your post short...but that´s such a cute name for them :wub:. And at this point I would also be fine if she doesn´t end up WB...as long as they  succeed in bringing down the royal family and find happiness. 

3 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

It was really funny when Princess Ah Ri copied how the Empress Dowager talked. 

3 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

When Princess Ah Ri dubbed the Empress Dowager, I burst out laughing. This kid's acting skills are great. 

:joy:muz watch scene hahaa~~ she is stealing the show for this episode:tounge_xd:

Her voiceover timing is jjang!

*whisper* for those who skip the OTP scenes - they wouldnt know how sweet (n cute) uri empress is::love: she falls to make him laugh... heee

Oh this scene - seems like the Emperor is craving for motherly love ..ops!:blink:

(Many tks to IG owner)

The episodes aired this week was both intense and heart wrenching. I am quite disheartened to read the netizens comments. It actually scares me that people would like characters to be killed just because the story is not going the direction that they want. How cruel it is to say “bullet.. do your job”

below is my personal opinion on this drama and characters. No offense intended 

LH:

the redemption arc is not working for me. What he is doing now ( as many chingus have commented in this forum) is to gain that love which he never had with his parents from Sunny. He had Everything in his hands with SH and his unborn babies but he CHOSE not to trust the woman he loved and pushed her into the lake and LEFT her there. Yes.. he did not kill her himekf but he still has to be accountable for the first act of trying to choke her and push her into the water.

WS’s mom: yes.. it was an accident but he instead of reporting the hit and run he CHOSE to hide the body in his car and sought help from that evil witch MYR.. played into her hands and till TODAY, does not even feel a single remorse for doing so and ordering to kill the only witness WS

i totally agree he is both a psychopath and sociopath. Whatever he s doing now is to hang on to Sunny and hoping that she will still accept him despite knowing the things he had done. I don’t believe he realizes the depth of his wrongdoings and how much his choice had affected the of others. He is not taking responsibility yet.

he is actually quite dense too.. how can an emperor who has bed so many women cannot even read Sunny’s body language when he attempts to hug her or even hold her hands.. that si beyond me

his true redemption would be acknowledging all his wrongdoings and sincerely apologize to WS/WB, SH’s dad and free Sunny from the palace and himself

WB/WS

He is not a saint. He is just an ordinary man whose life was turned upside down overnight. He CHOSE to join the imperial guard for his revenge. It was his CHOICE to get close to princess SJ. If this man is totally blinded for revenge, he would have just gone and out a bullet in LH and MYR many times but again he CHOSE to work with Sunny to bring down the imperial family. Did he feel good trying to get into the good books of SJ?. Did he feel good trying to kill sunny and threaten her family?..I am sure he did not. He told Sunny.. I did horrible things to you , tried to kill you. He came clean with her and continuously risking his life to protect her.

these 2 episodes brought tears to my eyes. He is finally showing his emotions.. anger.. frustration.. despair.. tears and even those precious smiles which we could not even catch a glimpse of in two thirds of the show. The scene with Dongshik tugged on my emotions so much. DS is the son of WS’s enemy but once he made the decision to look after him, thee was no turning back.

the despair in his eyes when he knows he only has 3 months to live and I could feel the desperation he had in training Sunny so that she can stand on her own when he is not there. It broke my heart when he begged teacher Byun to look after the empress and at the same time acknowledging that he is not the position to love her. Please don’t even tell me that the romance is forced. This is really forbidden love

as for the 3 evil ladies!... I don’t even know why they are blessed with children. Horrible manipulating moms!

i know this is a makjang drama.. had to remind myself to read @Lmangla post many times.. don’t expect romance and the evil will get their punishment. I can only hope for a well deserving ending for all these characters. Even there is no kiss between the OTP, at least please let them have 1 hug or skin ship that not un-intentional. Let these 2 acknowledge their love for one another.

sorry for the long post.. still in tears after watching the last 2 episodes:tears:

I’m happy WB had more screen time with Sunny and especially with DS in EP37/38. How they interacted with each other was so contrary to what happened to people around them.   The simple gesture of DS putting his little finger in WB’s big hand was so touching.  It said so much about what kind of relationship they have. As with Sunny and WB.  Their dialog and body language were plain and unadorned yet there was deep trust and care.   Whereas LH carried on with such theatricality to attract Sunny yet it’s obvious why he can no longer move her. He used those hollow acts once to attract her.  Now Sunny can see WB and LH side by side.  WB stood by her all night in the dark while she curled up in the bathtub while holding on to a baseball bat. That’s the person whom Sunny leans on in that crazy palace.  

Spoiler

The most memorable moment in EP38 has to be with ED.  Yup the punishment for ED began.  Thankfully I don’t have to wait till the end to see villains in miserable agony.  

Spoiler

EP38

Dvy3zFU.jpg

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=201901250847003&sec_id=540201

8. [+251,-7] You can't make any sense out of this drama. You just have to watch it, thinking of this as a comedy and you'll enjoy it. (source: melohwa)

Well said knet. Well said :lol:

Anyways...

I don't mind Sunny - Woobin - Hyuk trio at all. Sunny and WB needs someone cray in their lives to do the cray2 work for them. And Hyuk is the best person to do that.

In the latest ep, WB and Sunny 'used' Hyuk to their benefit. Hyuk want cray, pulled out 2 guns and shot paparazzies like no one elses business. He must have great aim to not actually hit anyone in that car. Lol. 

If only they can actually be friends, and there's no secrets, killings, revenge going in between, these three would be a hoot to watch. 

And..i say this again..i bet SSR is having the time of his life acting Hyuk out. When else can you pull guns and shoot around like that. And he's stable in a minute suddenly bonkers in the next. Same goes to Empress Dowager, her expressions are gold hahaha.

32 minutes ago, booha said:

WB stood by her all night in the dark while she curled up in the bathtub while holding on to a baseball bat. That’s the person whom Sunny leans on in that crazy palace

Erhm... mmm... that bathtub ...heee :w00t:

5MESUwL.jpg

cyi7fST.jpg

Cto:)

10 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I know I have posted this once & will repost this again. Hyuk has Borderline Personality Disorder and fits under the subtypes of petulant and disruptive borderline. No, he does not have a brain tumor, any of my fellow clinicians that specialize in this disorder can tell you that his behavior is par the course. Change is possible for him, but it will not happen over night because he does not know how to emotionally regulate.  Here is what I posted a while ago:

The emperor Hyuk's problem, from a armchair diagnosis perspective, is that he has borderline personality disorder full stop from his fears of abandonment, difficulty emotion regulating unless he engages in impulsive behavior or some other destructive in the attempt to regulate, lack of trust, attention-seeking, insecure attachment issues, jealousy, chronic feelings of emptiness, pervasive instability in interpersonal relationships, paranoid ideations, SPLIT/ BLACK OR WHITE THINKING etc.

HYUK meets ALL DSM IV & DSM 5 CRITERIA.

For people that struggle with borderline personality disorder or have borderline traits, borderline emotions and behaviors swing from left to right. It is hard for them to emotionally regulate which is why they often engage in self-harming behaviors rather it's cutting, using drugs, drinking too much alcohol, highly and overly sexual, etc. They tend to be highly anxious and are often misdiagnosed with general anxiety disorder or bipolar. Someone that has borderline personality, their feelings emotions weigh on them like 20 elephants stacked on their chest.

This is how Hyuk can want to kill Suni last month & love and protect her this month. This is why he can love his grandma  and then turn around and try to kill her  and then have guilt about it .  This is how he can be in love with Yura and have her almost killed twice... it is that black or white/split thinking. You're either for him or against him,  you're either in or out,  for him there is rarely an  in-between. He has parental trust issues with abuse which is one of the few underlining precursors of borderline personality disorder.

Thank you for this informative writings. This makes me pity on him. Yes, he is wrong. I am mad at him too.But, having to live his entire life carrying the trauma and abuse in himself while shouldering the pressure as a crown prince and emperor must be really hard for him that he slowly develop this disorder. He must have been living in hell in his entire life. With that said, I really want him to get a treatment. He needs to receive treatment so that he can know and acknowledge that he has commit crimes. That's how a good drama should end. Rather than revenge, justice should win this war. Sunny and woo bin too should get a better future and happiness after all the sufferings. A messy drama like this at least should be tie neatly. 

Hello, I'm not new to the forum but I'm new to the topic. I just had to comment on one thing. I absolutely loved the scene and the way Lee Hyuk pulled out two guns to shoot at the paparazzi. I laughed so hard.

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

8. [+251,-7] You can't make any sense out of this drama. You just have to watch it, thinking of this as a comedy and you'll enjoy it. (source: melohwa)

Well said knet. Well said :lol:

Anyways...

I don't mind Sunny - Woobin - Hyuk trio at all. Sunny and WB needs someone cray in their lives to do the cray2 work for them. And Hyuk is the best person to do that.

In the latest ep, WB and Sunny 'used' Hyuk to their benefit. Hyuk want cray, pulled out 2 guns and shot paparazzies like no one elses business. He must have great aim to not actually hit anyone in that car. Lol. 

If only they can actually be friends, and there's no secrets, killings, revenge going in between, these three would be a hoot to watch. 

And..i say this again..i bet SSR is having the time of his life acting Hyuk out. When else can you pull guns and shoot around like that. And he's stable in a minute suddenly bonkers in the next. Same goes to Empress Dowager, her expressions are gold hahaha.

Every time I watch an episode, I think I laugh too much. Also, I think it is just difficult for me to imagine Shin Sung Rok playing a nice character after his role as Lee Hyuk, Oh Tae Suk and Lee Jae Kyung.

I actually do not really care if the ending is sad. I think as long as the truth is revealed and those that deserve punishment receive them, I'm good with that. But then, it all depends on the writer.

Archived