[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

@autumna, I was also thinking those when @onlyash said that Lee Hyuk gets blamed unnecessary. You ponited out things that I know I as well as many have been thinking. 

@onlyash, I think Lee Hyuk is rather getting much sympathy from the viewers than hate. because he has a troubled childhood. The viewer's as well as Na Wang Shik knows Min Yura is involved..But Lee Hyuk doesn't know it. Have you seen showing any remorse for being responsible for hitting a person? He didn't even check if she was dead or alive! It was an accident when he hit her but when he took her body in her car to dump the body he became a criminal.

Min Yura & Lee Hyuk killed Na Wang Shik's mother together..They're also the one who tried to kill Na Wang Shik.

Wang Shik knows very well that Min Yura & Lee hyuk were in this together..But he also know that both got away with murder because of Lee Hyuk's power or Imperial family's power.The police even almost tried to blame Wang Shik for the murder of his own mother..He's still carrying a bullet in his head because he was chasing after Lee Hyuk.. What's justice if he just catch Min Yura when Lee Hyuk gets away.

It's interesting how many are saying Lee Hyuk is not resposible for killing Empress So Hyun because Seo Kang Hee killed her at the end. But many are blaming Min Yura only for killing Wang Shik's mother (her mother figure as well) though Lee Hyuk is the one who hit her and later dumped her body.. Almost same scenario, isn't it?

Also we still don't know who actually killed Grand ED but Lee Hyuk did try to kill her when she was determined to reveal their secrets.

Dx1OrHNUwAEJ1cv.jpg

What's the problem with Lee Hyuk up until now he only felt sorry for the action he took against Sunny. Only because he likes her now. But he isn't thinking very deeply or may be he isn't capable of thinking very deeply. Because he's failing to see it that while Sunny wants to reveal the secrets to ensure justice, he, the Emperor wants to hide it to uphold the power. That's how Royal Family is functioning actually. They over look each others wrong deeds and use that to threat and control each other when they need it. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

How many life already suffered because his cowardness. He did against his mom not because he knows she's bad but because of SUNNY. Until know, I don't see him regrets towatds his doing but just for the sake getting Sunny's love. That's all.

True he did it partly to save Sunny.. I also think he also did it because he needs to have control over ED after how she tried to reveal that he's related to So Hyun's death. Sunny and his goal didn't clash that's why he actively framed ED. 

20 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

@autumna@onlyash

@onlyash

What's the problem with Lee Hyuk up until now he only felt sorry for the action he take against Sunny. Only because he likes her now. But he isn't thinking very deeply or may be he isn't capable of thinking very deeply. Because he's failing to see it that while Sunny wants to reveal the secrets to ensure justice, he, the Emperor wants to hide it to uphold the power. That's how Royal Family is functioning actually. They over look each others wrong deeds and use that to threat and control each other when they need it. 

NO. You are wrong. Right now, he doesn't want to reveal it because he doesn't want to lose Sunny. Not because of the power anymore. He just doesn't want to lose Sunny. Hyuk himself doesn't know that Kang Hee the one who kill So Hyun. I've already knew long time ago that Kang Hee must be the one kill the empress so Hyun because she got jealous of her own best friend. And also she is pregnant with prime Minister during the time she kill so Hyun. I think the one who kill grandmother is also Kang Hee. This is why they change Hyuk characters to become nice. I believe every1 deserve a 2nd chance and so do Hyuk. 

3 hours ago, onlyash said:

Also I have observed that he does get blamed unnecessarily.I will leave Empress So Hyun's case since no one knows who the real murderer is.

But let's consider the other cases like NWS' mom's death and Sunny's mom's death.

The one who was 95%responsible for NWS' mom's death was Min Yu Ra.At the end she knew that Mom was alive and she could have still saved her life.But she chose not to.Infact she was the one who hit Mom with a rock and caused her to be hit by LH's car.

NWS knows this and yet he directs most of his anger towards LH instead of Yura who is the actual culprit and LH was only the accomplice.

About Sunny's mom then LH was himself injured and he didn't take the decision to steal the blood which was for her mom.It was taken by the Empress Dowager.LH wasn't even in a state where he could be aware of what was going on.I found it surprising that Sunny lashed out at LH instead of ED who was the only one responsible for it.

I am not rooting for Lee Hyuk and Sunny to be the endgame for I know it's impossible.Maybe SSR and JNR can star together in another drama for they have an excellent chemistry but that's not the topic.

But I want him to be punished only for the crimes which he did,i.e,being an accomplice in NWS' mom's death.

He should certainly not die or be held responsible for the crimes of Yura,ED and SKH.And I want the issues regarding the abuse he faced and his mental health to be addressed and dealt with sensitively.That's all.

As far as NWS is concerned then he doesn't deserve to die either and he should survive and end up with Sunny for that would be right.

Lastly nothing in the world is entirely good or entirely bad.People are flawed and grey shaded which is why I find LH to be an interesting and realistic character as compared to the totally dark villains like MYR or ED.

-About NWS´s mother...they are both equaly responsible. The fact that he hit her with his car was not his fault but everything that happened afterward he is accountable for it. She could have lived if he had brought her to the hospital. So no LH is not 5% responsible for her death. 

other cirmes that he has commited are: 

- Empress SH...it was revealed that it was the nanny that killed her. But LH strangled, pushed her into the water and went away. The pond was not deep but she was heavily pregnant so anything could have happen. 

- He is also the reason why NWS got a bullet in his head. 

- He did also attempted to Kill the grandmother

- False Imprisonment of the guard of the previous Empress

- Let´s not forget the 2 attempted murder on the woman that he now claims to love

5 hours ago, newreul said:

NO. You are wrong. Right now, he doesn't want to reveal it because he doesn't want to lose Sunny.

This is why they change Hyuk characters to become nice. I believe every1 deserve a 2nd chance and so do Hyuk. 

I would like to see that too...that if not for the fear of Sunny leaving him, Emperor would reveal all the dirty secrets of Imperial family.. But sorry to say I've not seen enough evidence of that yet.

I also would like to give a chance to Lee Hyuk too to redeem..But that'll happen, If I see him thinking beyond Sunny. Him loving Sunny whole heartedly doesn't make him a changed person. Him trying to right his wrong as well as changing the system(as he's the Emperor, the resposiblity goes on his shoulder) makes him a changed person, whom I'd like to give a second chance.

I don't think LH sincerely loves Sunny, he's just a possessive dude who doesn't want other men steal his woman just like those medieval husbands who thought women are just men's properties. That's why LH question WB multi times that how dare WB lust after his woman? not his Sunny or his wife.

In my eyes, Hyuk, ED, Yura and the nanny are all criminals that should be punished. They are direct or indirect related to so many crimes. I hope Woobin won't die and take face to face chalannge with Hyuk. And really hope Sunny will sacrifice herself to protect WB when Hyuk try to kill him so he could feel the lost of someone we love. Yes I mean to him coz he also so mean to others. He think nothing but himself. He declared to protect Sunny not because he loves her (otherwise he would let her divorce) but just to make sure she won't leave her. 

On the other hand, I hope Ari and Sojin find their happiness and WB apologize to Sojin for using her. 

I think the writer is doing a tremendous job of evoking pity for a character whose misdeeds are as uncountable as the stars in the sky. I am loving the character development seen in both Sunny and Hyuk. I can't say much about WB, except the physical changes he went through, not much of character development seen in him. I think the reason why Hyuk has appealed so much to the audience, you love him or you hate him, you definitely can't be indifferent because of the shades of gray in his character. He is not your stereotypical villain.

He continues to be pitied because previously he was 'manipulated' by his mother  and now he is 'manipulated' by Sunny.  So, although he is the so called villain , he is weak. He is at the mercy of people whom he trusts the most. Not to forget how Min Yo-ra had manipulated him previously.

Also, there are some forced unnecessary 'romantic' scenes being included to build the chemistry between the leads. At this point in the story, when tension is running high and we are all focused on resolving the mystery, these scenes seem to be like dampeners. TBH, just get on with the roller-coaster ride which is getting crazier by the day! Can't wait for everything to crash and fall apart and everyone's cards are finally laid on the table. 

P.S. How many episodes does this show have? I can't wait for the face-off.

Found this on twittter today. Could not resist sharing it here. I love the way this person summed up epi 37-38 and how he/she wishes for the ending. It is like a newspaper article! I laughed at what he wrote at the ending of his summary and in a crazy drama like that I can be hopeful right?:lol: 

cr. Twitter owner@ beijingdoll

Spoiler

@confusedheart7997 I agree with you that LH stands out in this drama as the writer has done such an excellent skill in showcasing the many facets of LH.. this definitely has appealed to the audience plus the great acting skills of SSR. But I will have to politely disagree that the writer has “forced” in unnecessary romantic scenes to build the chemistry between the leads. The writer had been very careful in building the relationship of Sunny and WS/WB. Not once has she crossed the line to have both leads openly showing their affections, so much so that it left viewers like me wondering who is the main OTP. Their relationship and “romance” was built from scratch and has strengthened episodes by episodes. In fact, I think the writer has put too many unnecessary scenes to show LH acting cute in front of Sunny and sensationalize the Drama. Let’s take the scene where LH visited his in laws house. Is it necessary to show how comical or sad he was to be sitting in 1 corner and acting pitiful again

Well, i think we are finally back on track in this roller coaster ride and I would appreciate if the writer stops bringing this pitiful side of Hyuk and focus on the fall of the imperial family. But don’t be surprised if we will still get more WB/Sunny scenes as their Relationship was part of

the main synopsis right from the beginning.

right now I will just happily imagine WS eating to hearts content beside Sunny and Dong Shik at the end of this crazy but one of the best k drama that I have seen in a long time.

21 minutes ago, jbeanie1709 said:

Found this on twittter today. Could not resist sharing it here. I love the way this person summed up epi 37-38 and how he/she wishes for the ending. It is like a newspaper article! I laughed at what he wrote at the ending of his summary and in a crazy drama like that I can be hopeful right?:lol: 

cr. Twitter owner@ beijingdoll

Hide contents

Refering to the twitter post, the last paragraph says that she/he wants WS/WB to be happy and gain weight and not care for it. 

It made me imagine..WB will have another transformation if he ends up happy at the end. He'll transform back to his original size since he wont need to be in disguise anymore. It would be hilarious if the writer does this. Give us another rocky-transform sequence but a happy version hahahaha

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the writer think about wb-sn romance very deep and carefully. They never ever cross the line. There are so many chances if the writer wants. I think it is a safe choice. If it is decided the endgame is Sunny-WB, the romance should looks sweet, soft but clean (means Sunny isn't married woman anymore). But if the endgame isn't with woobin, sunny still also 'clean' from any unappropriate moves with WB. 

@katakwasabi that would hilarious! But please not change the actor.. keep CJH as the pleasantly round WS. I don’t think I can survive another round of shock of not seeing the kead’s face at the very end ( referring to where stars land):blink:

@supergal99 those pics just got me drooling.. gosh.. he looks good in any color and in any suit!. Yikes! He looks even better in his swimming trunks!..:D:wub:

how to sleep now??.

30 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Im late joiner. Just finished running marathon on this... fiuh haha 19 episodes in 2 days :sweatingbullets::lol: I thought the drama is makjang, but surprisingly have a lot of fun in between. 

I knew its weird, but i liked LH-OS couple more, and its not even have an ion of possibility for them to be end game. 

What to do? I just somehow like them....

It's okay to like them. It's a drama after all. We are free to like which character we want. So feel free to like them to your hearts content hehe.

I, myself like Hyuk despite his flaws. Doesnt mean i want to meet a person like him in real life though. Hahaha

I'm late on joining this discussion, but I'm gonna be binge watching this drama for this weekend since I'm gonna be bed ridden due to the flu :mask:season. I'm already aware of how buzzworthy it is, and it's airing on my local SBS channel on Wednesday & Thursdays, and have seen some episodes (albeit sporadically :lol:) and I'm already addicted. 

cant wait to catch up with u guys soon

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

It made me imagine..WB will have another transformation if he ends up happy at the end. He'll transform back to his original size since he wont need to be in disguise anymore. It would be hilarious if the writer does this. Give us another rocky-transform sequence but a happy version hahahaha

I actually hope that would happen. 

WB's current state isn't the most ideal one. From what has been shown, he's always in a half starving state because he doesn't eat enough because he's afraid he would be fat. It was shown when Sunny offers him food and he told her he couldn't eat because he'll gain weight. The same occurred when his little brother offered him food. Also, I think I recalled he wasn't getting enough sleep as well because of his duty and the ghosts of his trauma were still haunting him and are still alive. There's also that bullet in his head.

Basically, he might look good right now, but he's also kind of wilting his life away due to minimal nutrition, sleep, and rest (when he's injured). I rather he transform to how he was in the past (yes...he probably wasn't healthy then) than now because he was living his life as how he wanted to live (eating when he wants, sleeping when he's tired...etc) than what he is doing now (always being cautious of his action and the consequences). And the good thing about his transformation would be that...Sunny would still like him because it's shown her feeling toward him has grown from their interaction and camaraderie instead of superficial appearance. 

Archived