Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, tlireal said:

Oh thank you. It's now my turn " why didn't I think of that?" :lol:

So it is one more proof, how good SH observes everything within some seconds. She can read everything, as someone wrote it several pages before:P.

Sorry. Why didn't I think of that? :joy:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's the reason why I can not feel sorry for him. He is old enough now. The marriage and divorce should have been a wake up call for him but he didn't change at all. He remained at home and still let his mother decide for him.  Actually, he could stop his mother with the divorce law suit by writing a new divorce contract because he is actually CSH's ex-husband and not his mother. He allowed her to write such a terrible contract. 

30+ years of crooked education and training will do that to a person. He has been living like that for as long as he was alive and the most important part is no one ever told him that it was wrong but CSH and that happened years after the divorce. Blame it to the education why he's slow at understanding things and feelings. I think he didn't even realize that CSH was just waiting for him to step up and he was being weak by not doing anything or that he was just too cowardly to step up against his mother, because again crooked education and training. 

While I agree that he is old enough and mature enough, habits especially habits that you don't know you're doing is really hard to change. The actor's face shows sadness and he's cute and handsome :tounge_xd:. I can't help but feel sorry for him. But it stops there. He should let go of CSH.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

want to see more of the balcony kiss.. 

balcony kiss is the hottest I watched in kdrama.

and in eps 10 she packed the shirt she wears in the balcony kiss, so maybe the stills of them dancing and the balcony kiss could be in eps 11.  

the PD has granted my wishes so far + bonus.. I wish for funny jokes between couples - face time 

I wish for skinship and close up kiss lol - when watch movies they held hands and leaning to each other and kiss in Cuba and balcony kiss, that's skinship more than I ask for

so my other wishes (besides happy ending for sure) are that I hope to see CSH said saranghe to KJH and maybe a little jealous moment like eps 2 (when CSH see KJH talk on the phone). oh and can we see some more of balcony kiss scene? the view is so beautiful too.

I don't mind not seeing many much lovey dovey scene in the upcoming eps because I think they will focus more about how they resolve their relationship.

addition I think PBG is the most handsome man in korea. 

(my other list is Lee Jong Jae)

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

This drama is so rich in life- lessons. Thank you all for putting efforts in analyzing every dialogues, scenes even the facial expressions. To top that the two leads make us mesmerized with their acting. PBG and SHK are really top stars for so many reasons. I read a post that this drama is so complete with all the elements, and I agree perfectly. 

• Like 21

I have been a BG fan for years now and he still surprises me.

Most of us who are his fans know he doesn't drink (alcohol) but he drank beer in this drama.

He doesn't also drink Coffee but he did (I wanted the camera crew to zoom in to his cup to see at some point LOL).

On the drama

I watched ep 10 again and I shook my head when SH's momma knelt down. She KNELT down y'all. For the sake of power. What kinda mother is that? Your daughter's happiness means nothing to you? My gosh.

As for WS, trying to write a poem. I knew he couldn't cuz he would find it so cheesy but his Ex likes things like that. WS-ah, open your eyes. She doesn't love you no more bro. Move on.

During kiss scenes, I have noticed that the PD loves to allow the viewers hear the "Smack" sound  before he dulls it with music.

New year party (second kiss before they hugged)

Car kiss.

Cuba kiss (before the long kiss).

Balcony kiss (at the start of it, you can hear it).

• Like 16
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

Sorry. Why didn't I think of that? :joy:

30+ years of crooked education and training will do that to a person. He has been living like that for as long as he was alive and the most important part is no one ever told him that it was wrong but CSH and that happened years after the divorce. Blame it to the education why he's slow at understanding things and feelings. I think he didn't even realize that CSH was just waiting for him to step up and he was being weak by not doing anything or that he was just too cowardly to step up against his mother, because again crooked education and training. 

While I agree that he is old enough and mature enough, habits especially habits that you don't know you're doing is really hard to change. The actor's face shows sadness and he's cute and handsome :tounge_xd:. I can't help but feel sorry for him. But it stops there. He should let go of CSH.

In my opinion, JWS has never had any opinion or his own thoughts hence he could never express himself. It was as if he has been living as a robot following his mother's orders all this time. His own taste even resembles a lot his mother's taste. That's why his gifts are so meaningless, he is just following what others do: ring means romance, receiving flowers should make a woman happy. This also explains why he didn't understand the true significance, when he showed the alliances. He thought, this was a good move who would touch CSH's heart.

Since he doesn't think himself, it outlines his lack of reflection and knowledge. To conclude, he is superficial. This also gives an explanation why he can not express himself very well. He had to search in the Internet how to write a note, when he offered the dress. His choice of words ("I picked up this dress on my way up") was totally wrong and gave a false impression: he never intended to let her think that this gesture was casual and had no deep meaning. Then it took him a lot of time, until he was able to confess. Yet his confession was terrible: out of the blue, indicating again superficiality and temporality ("The girl I like... I've been missing you a lot these days"). Every time his words never reflect his own feelings. To summarize, he is not a good speaker, unlike JH. One of the causes for his lack of self-expression is that he doesn't seem to be interested in art and literature. This was clearly visible, when he met the painter. He had no understanding of the meaning behind the paintings. He just followed his wife and made remarks how terrible this trip was. He was just observing his wife, while he was suffering. He even added that his mother was her sponsor and his ex-wife her biggest fan. But what about him? To me, he shows no interest in art. Then he had to ask his secretary about poetry.

And now this caught my attention againEncounter episode 9 kino 2.png  As you can observe, this little scene justifies why CSH is totally different from JWS. I had pointed out that CSH was similar to JWS as she had never been allowed to express herself. However, she found a way to "express" herself. She read poetry books and enjoys paintings. That's why her flat and her office have a lot of paintings. Even the number of paintings have been increasing. That way, she is able to speak her mind, even if it is not obvious. And this is where JWS and CSH differ. CSH has always had her own opinion and mind but accepted to remain quiet. JWS was never allowed to develop his own thoughts and character. He is weak because he has no personality.

@twtwb @stroppyse@thistle @Yongzura

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 7

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, CSH's mother doesn't believe in her husband's abilities at all. She thinks, he needs the help of Taekyeong group in order to win an election. However, we heard that

- he went on hunger strike after his friend's death in order to put pressure on the authorities and he was successful

- he obtained the attention of politicians who asked him to become one

- he became the mayor of Seoul on his own merit because CSH married JWS after this election.

Chairman Kim is delusional and arrogant, she thinks that without her money CJH would have never won the election as assemblyman... yet he was able to get elected before she entered his life.

It would be interesting if CJH's popularity increased because his daughter is dating a commoner. 

MiOk (SooHyun's mother) is like a walking, talking realization of "your eyes are bigger than your stomach".  She let her greed, rather than her common sense, lead her to making a deal that may end up ruining her husband's chances of actually being elected President.  Even at this late date, that money she took could be misconstrued as a bribe and could cast a shadow over all her husband's accomplishments since he started working in the government. 

What makes my blood boil is that MiOk is so stubborn!  If something's not working, why keep banging your head against it?  Make new alliances woman! :angry:  the fact that she refuses to stop trying to partner up with TaeKyung group makes me worry that the Chairwoman doesn't have dirt on SooHyun's dad, but instead has dirt on SooHyun's mom.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

MiOk (SooHyun's mother) is like a walking, talking realization of "your eyes are bigger than your stomach".  She let her greed, rather than her common sense, lead her to making a deal that may end up ruining her husband's chances of actually being elected President.  Even at this late date, that money she took could be misconstrued as a bribe and could cast a shadow over all her husband's accomplishments since he started working in the government. 

What makes my blood boil is that MiOk is so stubborn!  If something's not working, why keep banging your head against it?  Make new alliances woman! :angry:  the fact that she refuses to stop trying to partner up with TaeKyung group makes me worry that the Chairwoman doesn't have dirt on SooHyun's dad, but instead has dirt on SooHyun's mom.

But if she is the one who ruins her husband's career, then it serves her right. She can not blame anyone else: she became useless for her husband. Imagine, her own dream gets shattered due to her own idiocy. Taking the money without thinking about the consequences is a no no. The other possibility is that he decides to divorce her. We already had two divorces, why not three?

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 1

@bebebisous33 Oh my... I'm always so amazed by your analysis and writing! Thank you so much!

I have a question. Are you SHKs or PBGs fan or do you just like Kdramas and you're good at observing and analysing? I'm really amazed!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

3) When CSH was on her way back to Seoul and she started worrying again but Mr. Nam caught that look in her face and her realize that everyone has their own choices and just to think about ones self. I especially love the part when CSH said she wont tell Ms. kim about what he said. Mr. Nam’s face is hilarious! 

Fairy Godfather Nam is such a good guy!  He'd make a great stepdad to SunJoo's daughter.  I just hope that the past history of SunJoo's oppa doesn't come between them and their almost romance.  This drama keeps turning all my expectations upside down, so I don't feel comfortable trusting that we'll see a happy ending for them, even as I'm rooting for them even more than I'm rooting for MiJin and DaeChan. 

~

18 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Someone mentioned earlier today, around 20 pages ago, that KJH needs to step up and be the one to protect CSH otherwise he risks being seen as dependent on CSH. His going to Cuba and convincing the owner is his way of stepping up. It's very much in line with his character to take a long trip to see the important person, use words and letters as his tools to convince the hotel owner, just like JWS would use his power and machinations to solve CSH's problems from the shadows.

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Only in a K-drama could JH go to Cuba to discuss a deal that in reality he would have no insight into.....that's the magic of Kdramas.

LOL.  I actually really didn't expect the drama to take that route of having JinHyuk save the day, but it was just so neatly done that I couldn't blame them.  I did (and still do) hope that he's the one who walks away from Donghwa entirely and makes a life more suited to his personality.  He's too big and bright for an office imo.  And he shouldn't have to face the  daily bombardment of commentary from coworkers, whether they're jealous or supportive. 

~

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to add what JWS needs right now is a friend as he has no one by his side. It would be interesting if by working for the hotel, he becomes close to JH so that the latter can give him good advises and help him to mature. JWS is still acting like a spoiled child. 

I have had this sort of thought percolating in my mind recently.  I was envisioning JinHyuk and WooSeok becoming partners of a sort, both doing their best to protect SooHyun (with her full knowledge and consent because that's how JinHyuk rolls).  But having WooSeok mature by learning from JinHyuk would be infinitely better.  As he's written, JinHyuk does seem kind-hearted enough to befriend anyone, but I wonder if WooSeok would be wise enough to recognize that he needs a friend.

~

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But if she is the one who ruins her husband's career, then it serves her right. She can not blame anyone else: she became useless for her husband. Imagine, her own dream gets shattered due to her own idiocy. Taking the money without thinking about the consequences is a no no. The other possibility is that he decides to divorce her. We already had two divorces, why not three?

Oh definitely.  If he was going to divorce, he would have already though, is my thought.  I think SooHyun's dad is wary of the possibility of losing votes if he divorces his wife.  And who's to say MiOk would consent to the divorce.  She'd probably fight, tooth and nail, to keep him.  Without him, her dreams are dust. 

I do wish that he would bring her divorce papers though.  And then, if somehow he managed to get the separation finalized, I'd like to see him win election without her.  If that's not punishment, I don't know what is.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dianss23 said:

@leedonghaek omg that gif you just posted, JH is eating her, hungry JH lol, the sounds of their kiss is so hot, ahh I’m going crazy too... another long week to wait

Yes,  it is. Another long week of waiting. I'll just watch this over and over again from Ep 1 to Ep 10 to not feel the boringness... Getting sad because it is only 6 episodes left. Another drama that I won't forget in my life. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And now this caught my attention again 

As you can observe, this little scene justifies why CSH is totally different from JWS.

I seem to not have any recollection about this scene. At which part is this and which episode? 

Thank you for all the insight, btw bebebisous. This thread is so lucky because we have historians and artists. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Only in a K-drama could JH go to Cuba to discuss a deal that in reality he would have no insight into.....that's the magic of Kdramas. I have to say that i loved the last 2 episodes. I'm glad that they are letting others see JH's "worth"/value; that he's an asset to her in this business.

@lclarakl 

Could I add some opinion about Garden Owner in Cuba?  Kim Jin Hyuk's success factors are

1. opportunity to explain by himself with privilege from praising this garden in ep.1; 

2. similar experience to have memory in a place with his beloved ones;

3. clearly explain that the garden owner is dealing with Donghwa and CEO who will protect this garden; and 

4. familiar magazine might make garden owner feel Kim Jin Hyuk's positive side 

Kim Jin Hyuk has not written about business insight at all because the Garden Owner's problem is not business or money but uncertain result of the selling garden.

Donghwa's strategy team tried to persue this negotiation by sending email to the coordinator in Cuba as business-like.

From Encounter ep.1: This garden owner discussed with Kim Jin Hyuk that this garden is his wife's and it is quite hard to preserve as it is. It probably required a lot of money and continous maintainence when he is alive and he might wanna keep this garden like this after he's gone.

From Encounter ep.10: Kim Jin Hyuk simply invaded to the garden as he used to and find opportunity to send his letter to explain what happened.

Kim Jin Hyuk wrote the letter from google translate is about his precious playground which is full of memories about his family, his friend, and his belove woman, this playground will be destroyed soon, that's why Kim Jin Hyuk understand this garden owner's feeling to memory of his wife. 

Kim Jin Hyuk, who has similar feeling to the previous memory with a place in life, came to apologize for the misunderstanding, Donghwa and CEO really want to preserve this garden as it is, which is the exact memory protection that the garden owner wishes.

This case is realistic because in real life, many properties and valuable items have been successfully transferred from non-business discussion to meet qualitative preference, not solely by business talk or price factor.

Ep.1

PBG-Garden-Owner-FINAL.jpg

Ep.10

PBG-garden-owner2-FINAL2.jpg

PBG-garden-owner-FINAL2.jpg

• Like 23

Don’t forget to show your love and support for Saltnpaper.

The singer was really touched at how fast his song climbed up the charts. Rank wise, was this the best performing OST?

86-A604-D8-CA18-44-ED-A1-F3-AC1-D262-F7-

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

First, thanks a lot for the compliment. crazy monkeycute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532 It gives me great pleasure to read that my posts and analysis are appreciated. However back to your questions: I like Kdramas and since I am a teacher in literature/history (look at my nickname), analyzing is one of my hobbies.

But back to Encounter: what I love about this drama is the connection between poetry, literature and paintings. The dialogues look rather simple but they are far from being superficial. I am really impressed by the writer and the director. 

@bebebisous33 it is the same reason I like/love this drama and become a fan of this. Aside from being an avid fan of PBG and SHK,  the poetry and paintings give more color and classy touch. The dialogues are simple but it is wrapped with life lessons. I really like drama even books that can touch the audience hearts. 

• Like 12

encounter-tvn-asia-giveaway-hellokpop.jpg?zoom=3&resize=360%2C251&ssl=1TVN ASIA

COMPETITION

Win “Encounter” 2-In-1 Neck Pillow Imprinted With Park Bo Gum & Song Hye Kyo!

By Adrian | January 4, 2019...

K-DRAMA FANS IN SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA AND INDONESIA CAN NOW HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN ONE OF THESE ADORABLE ENCOUNTERTHEMED 2-IN-1 NECK PILLOW!

Generously sponsored and designed by tvN Asia, we are thrilled to give away a total of 15 Encounter 2-in-1 neck pillow to 15 lucky HelloKpop readers!

encounter-pillow.jpg?resize=620%2C620&ss

Image credit: tvN Asia | 2-in-1 double-sided pillow, transformable from a cushion to a neck pillow.

HOW TO WIN

1) LIKE HelloKpop AND tvN Asia on Facebook.

2) SHARE the Facebook Contest Post ANDCOMMENT which TV channel in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia you can watch Encounter on tvN Asia. (Read here to find out!)

Make sure the Facebook Post is shared to your Timeline, set to Public and comment correctly with the hash tags ~ #tvN_HKP_Encounter #Encounter #tvNAsia #HelloKpop #ParkBoGum #SongHyeKyo

Refer to the screengrab below to ensure the Facebook Post is shared correctly so that your entries are qualified.

encounter-contest-screenshot.jpg?resize=

Contest ends on 13 January 2019, 11:59pm (GMT +8).

Good luck to all!

CONTEST RULE1)               Contest runs from now to 13 January 2019, 11:59pm (GMT +8).
2) Contest is open to all residents of Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia only except the employees of tvN Asia and HelloKpop.
3) 15 lucky winners will be announced by 15 January 2019.
4) All final decisions pertaining to the competition shall be made by HelloKpop. See disclaimer for policies governing contest....source credit @https://www.hellokpop.com/competition/encounter-neck-pillow-park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo/

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I seem to not have any recollection about this scene. At which part is this and which episode? 

Thank you for all the insight, btw bebebisous. This thread is so lucky because we have historians and artists. :wub:

raccoonThanks a lot for the compliment. cute rabbitAbout your question: That's when they are at the theater watching the movie about Vincent van Gogh: episode 9.

• Like 6

Chingus,  Let us not forget the background music "Omara song" which made the ambiance more heart fluttering when they were doing the sweetest kissing scene in the fort, and also the instrumental of the song which put background to the balcony steamy kissing scene which made it more intense. Everything is just so perfect. :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 15