[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay. In that case, think of all those layback spins that she must have done.

Oh my :joy: sure it prevents her to get broken back bone, thank god shk was figure skater.

@ahdrianaa well beside historian I think we also have detective here, how could you find it, It's just awesome. So we have known where the hotel is, let's find out what happen there.

@NongpeeP I just hope everyone in encounter stays healthy and strong, can't imagine if they know how mean people comments out there. I don't know pbg' twitter account, but on shk's ig you will find many many hateful comments towards her, however let's support this drama, as shk's have said " good drama will be watched someday."

Maybe they don't want to watch today, but someday they will try to watch it, maybe they say it is boring but this drama will be remembred for next few years because the reverse role, becauce the different character of the male lead who doesn't need money or power to protect the one he loves, because the experienced and brave female character who tell the whole world that they are in "some relationship" because the poetry, the cinematography, the painting, simbolsm, because the love of a friend. 

So someday if there is another kdrama which has reverse role, which has balance character between the male lead and female lead, which tells you how love comes slowly from the first meeting till hot steamy kissing. You know what drama which start it all.

Fighting encounter :wub:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Woooowww,that buffet really look delicious :w00t:

For me Encounter its one of many dramas that's definition of good quality n popularity..

U know sometimes when we think a drama or movie it has good qualities,but lack of popularity..n when we think that drama has a lot popularity but it also has tremendous negative review/quality..I often see this kind of thing..

But Encounter definitely conquer all both quality n popularity..love it :heart: so I'm not afraid at all that it will be compare or get negative comments,becz I know there is more peoples that love this drama n know its value..

• Like 15

I would like to add a few more observations about the title

In the post mentioned above, I had pointed out that JH and CSH had always encounters, unlike JWS. The latter always had to call her in order to meet her. However, I realized one mistake. JWS had encounters too but with the JH-CSH couple. His "encounters" let him witness the progression of the relationship between CSH and JH. 

Spoiler

Encounter episode 4 JH's gift.png Encounter episode 6 necktie JH CSH.pngEncounter episode 9 JWS witness Kiss.png

And this is important: his painful encounters are here to make him realize that he can not win. Encounter should be seen as fateful meeting. Fate is here the reason why CSH and JH met and fell in love with each other. Since JWS is a person who prefers organization and planing, his power and wealth are useless in front of fate. Even strong will and determination will not be enough to fight against destiny. Nonetheless,  JWS has society on his side because he embodies the archetype of the perfect husband (rich, powerful), our beloved couple has nature on their side. As you can see, nature and fate are connected to each other. That's why nature plays a huge part in this drama. Our OTP likes walking outside, Encounter episode 8 the tower.png enjoying the sea and the sunsetencounter episode 3 sea side.pngEncounter episode 9 scene at the lighthouse 1.png... JH is often associated to natural elements like wind, sun and green grapes. As conclusion, the struggles of JH and CSH could be seen as a fight between nature and society/modern civilization. 

As long as JWS still thinks like the society, he will keep pursuing CSH... because in his eyes, he represents a good party, while JH has nothing special to offer: lower social background, just an employee. But he is also overlooking one important aspect: family. His family is terrible due to his mother's dictatorship and this is exactly the reason why CSH will never come back to him. He proposed her to live abroad as a solution but this can not work. CSH has never had a real family from the start. Her mother showed no love and her father who loves her let his wife ruin his daughter's life. He is well aware of his mistake. Deep down, CSH has always wished to have a family where she can feel loved and accepted. And this is where JH's family can be the other cause why CSH could even accept to lose the hotel if in return, she has a new loving family. Sure, we don't know if at the end, CSH loses everything (her position as CEO) but in the sypnosis, this aspect (she might lose everything) was mentioned.

@guinearoyal @icyphoenix

@twtwb @xu_lyfe@nikir @stroppyse @philosophie @thistle @Yongzura@thadora@jl08

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Tola Ir said:

Just a quick one about rating! I was concerned and disappointed this week and thought I'd better research and see if I should be disappointed about it as I was. It's hard to really judge because of the difference in cable and public ratings and there was a really good post a few pages back that really helped but I still needed real life example to benchmark it against, for my own sanity.

So I checked a popular TVN drama from 2018.

Hide contents

From what I understand "What's wrong with secretary Kim" was a really popular drama in 2018 and it aired on cable channel so it's a good comparison (now I know it's completely different story/cast power and so on but it was a popular show, so that is the only criteria used for this comparison). No idea how to insert images... :sweatingbullets:

WWWSK's lowest rating was 5.4 and highest was 8.6.

Encounter's lowest rating so far is 7.8% and highest is 10.3. 

Now I wasn't able to finish WWWSK but it was everywhere I looked and I knew how popular it was, correct me if I am wrong. 

In summary, I am no longer as sad about the ratings now since Encounter is well above the average! I am just hoping that it bounces back to 9ish or higher! That is what I want for the rest of the series. Please God help us... :D

Yeah, Encounter is actually already the 11th highest rated cable TV drama! It's not as high as Reply 1988 or Goblin but it's already way way above average. People are just extra critical of Encounter's ratings because the two main leads are extreme popular celebrities 

• Like 12

@ahdrianaa thank you for your research! All in the name of science! LOL. I just hope there will be continuity in the episode next week, hee

So sweet of PBG’s fans to organize an event

I know we made a deal not to talk about this, but regarding the hate this drama is getting from the other shippers, well, what can we do? We cannot change their deluded opinions. That’s the price you have to pay for fame I guess. As cruel as that may sound. 

I’ll just show my support as much as I can for this drama. I also hope the recent negative attacks won’t impact the script at all. Remember, they shot the most passionate scenes way before these attacks came out, so I hope for continuity’s sake, they still elevate the passion.

I really haaaaate talking about this sensitive topic because I get all these paranoid scenarios in my head

I digress. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dahae2006 said:

@NongpeeP

All hardworking cast and crews of boy friend's drama had a great lunch today. All 15 parkbogum's international fan club made a arrangement ( since October) and there were lots of discussion from each country representative going on and on until we thought it can not be happen as their hectic outdoor filming schedule.   In time with all the drama out there :tears: / rating etc ,so at least we could cheer up the 200 cast and crew.  All fan club agreed only to share at 4 p.m kst but photo was leak from one of the crew earlier :). Now twitter and ig are flooded with buffet spread by bogum's fan club each country representative.   yummy buffet for cast and crew who gives us beautiful drama

@dahae2006

Read google translate how Encounter’s crews exhausted from non-stop filming in freezed weather and have just gotten cheer up from Food Buffet Support, Comprehensive gifts, Drink Truck, it is amazing collaborated projects by Fans. 

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

A call for celebration, chingus! 

@ahdrianaa: I'm speechless!!!:D

@gumtaek 

Great news, congratulations to Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, PD, Scriptwriter, Casts, and Crews for another proven success after selling copyright to over 100 countries.  

4 hours ago, krisan said:

@NongpeeP I just hope everyone in encounter stays healthy and strong, can't imagine if they know how mean people comments out there. I don't know pbg' twitter account, but on shk's ig you will find many many hateful comments towards her, however let's support this drama, as shk's have said " good drama will be watched someday."

Maybe they don't want to watch today, but someday they will try to watch it, maybe they say it is boring but this drama will be remembred for next few years because the reverse role, becauce the different character of the male lead who doesn't need money or power to protect the one he loves, because the experienced and brave female character who tell the whole world that they are in "some relationship" because the poetry, the cinematography, the painting, simbolsm, because the love of a friend. 

So someday if there is another kdrama which has reverse role, which has balance character between the male lead and female lead, which tells you how love comes slowly from the first meeting till hot steamy kissing. You know what drama which start it all.

Fighting encounter :wub:

@krisan

For Korean Dramas, there are many genres for different target groups of audiences.

Each genre can not serve all groups of audiences, that is just another facts we could anticipate.  

- No drama can serve all audiences’ preference.

- Working on any acting projects esp. with hallyu stars will be on spot to be analyzed and criticized.

For recent on-air dramas, I am not watching any others and I do not understand why other audiences like those formula repeating theme or fierce life or too fantasy genre. 

However, I have not given negative comments to other dramas because I am busy with rerunning Encounter, searching about Encounter, and joining this forum.

Over 2 years Park Bo Gum got acting project offers in dramas and films but he chose Encounter. Song Hye Kyo chose Encounter after 3-year break and marriage.

I used to wonder why and I even used to be one of no-no audiences to Encounter. 

However, now I really appreciate Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, their agencies to have unmet visions to choose Encounter and portray with their utmost. 

Last but least, Encounter is great in all aspects:

- Quality:::

Fresh story, thorough script, challenging roles to the main leads, increase, increase brand value in acting careee to PBG&SHK (acting in difficult-to-believe role contradict to real life) ; and 

- Commerciality::::

got high rating in cable, can sell copyright in over 100 countries (very popular in Chinese), and 

securing more CFs to PBG&SHK,

that’s all we (Encounter’s fans) can dream of. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

With the hot kissing scene at the balcony, I would think that the couple had done the deed in E11. I will not be surprised if at the end of the drama an epilogue will be shown where we will see a little CSH or a little KJH or maybe both little ones running around their parents. That's what they'll get from a steamy mouth eating match between the two. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

Sunday 6 January 2019 : Evening

Coffee Truck from Kim Hye Soo noona (Coin Locker: 2015) to Park Bo Gum.

I like her interview about Park Bo Gum that others might think that she looks scary and hard to approach but Park Bo Gum (Much younger and just a rookie) did not preconceive. 

I mentioned this “Preconception”  because it reminded some keyboard thugs left negative comments to Encounter is doing so.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

@jl08 Preach. I agree 100%

@leedonghaek tired? Never! Lol. I think we have enough gifs to last us a month. Also read over the comments section in dramabeans that the kiss lasted over a minute with 28(?) different scene changes. I could count at least 6 different camera angles. PD was no prude indeed

I just love how this drama is shattering expectations from a divorcee (in the drama) and a married actress (in real life). You go girl!

• Like 15
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

@leedonghaek I'm absolutely not bother nor tired of it keep them coming..:D

Spoiler

@jl08 those not a fans,they are haters that hiding with the word of 'fans'.. it's upsetting when they gone beyond bonderies to 'attack' their family..these kind of act it's so immature seriously..

So do they want all of actress that already married retired or rejecting every offering that include kissing,hugging scenes?!!ohh please :expressionless:

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

@mellinadear You're welcome. But actually, encounters can be also perceived in DC-JMJ's relationship. JMJ met DC through JH, when the latter asked her to meet at DC's restaurant as he knew, this would be the perfect place. They met through the app and flirted with each other at the masquerade... although they had a bad impression of each other first which underlines that we should be careful with our judgement and avoid prejudice. JMJ has always been looking for a boyfriend with a certain pedigree (good social background, education...) yet she remained single. That's the reason why JMJ didn't like KJH very much. She never saw him as a possible boyfriend due to his social background and work situation. She thought, he would be a burden for CSH. Even in the last episode, she still has a soft spot for JWS. She liked the gesture with the flowers aso therefore she took pictures of the flowers. JMJ had been swayed by all this. In my opinion, she was still thinking that JWS is a good party. Nevertheless, after hearing what JH has done for CSH with the hotel in Cuba, I am quite sure that she will now be more supportive of the couple. At the same time, her encounters with DC will force her to change her view about the definition of a good partner/boyfriend. We can already sense the change. Now, she even calls DC and likes that he flirts with her. Yet she is not ready to accept a boyfriend without college degree that's why DC offered her to be her companion, when she drinks.

• Like 20
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

"BOYFRIEND" is one helluva good drama. It's well-loved especially because of the great chemistry between PBG and SHK.

If possible, fans of "Boyfriend" can counter by giving good comments, reviews.

And, I definitely want to see more passionate kissing and hugging scenes. That's because PBG and SHK are stunning with their chemistry and performance in a love drama. 

Let's spread more love for PBG and SHK and "Boyfriend"!! Leave positive comments on their igs and tvN and their agencies. Go anywhere that we can find updates and reviews and leave our beautiful mark there.

I pray that the ratings will improve by leaps and bounds simply because "Boyfriend" deserves it and it's a way to tell those 'fans' to shut up!

I have tried as much as i can to pay visit to kdrama review blogs/sns accounts, gave my review and supportive comments to our precious drama. But you just can't stop haters, that i think if i want to stay sane, i have to stop myself reading comments in some blogs or sns accounts.

Spoiler

First they don't buy the OTP due to their age gap and personal relationship -that's okay, me too at first- but when their chemistry starting to build up in ep. 2, they starting to say that the writer is not convincing, even when she wrote many successful movie scripts. When the writer continue to give interesting and surprising plot, they picking up PBG and SHK describing their chemistry as fake  and that they watched only for the side characters. When they finally kissed at NYE, they said they're not really kissing, and when finally, the sweet but steamy kissing happened, they just bashed them using their personal relationship.

For a while, i'll just stick to give supportive comments at all TVN social media accounts, RT and Repost TVN and PBG official twitter and SHK official IG.

And of course, this wonderful forum from which i gain so much knowledge, insight, and the most important thing, bring me so many happiness by reading all reviews and the GIFs of course!!

The GIFs are for the win!

Keep the steamy kissing GIFs coming, please!!!!!

Love you my fellow Encounter lovers!!

Edited: thank you for the reminder, apologize for any uncomfortable comments. Will absolutely refrain myself.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@rosiepeonie188

i laughed about what you said because it’s so true. The fact that they are reacting about the last scenes of episode 10 means that our OTP did such a good job, they fooled everyone with that hot and steamy kiss! :joy: I help by posting good reviews about the drama.

@jl08

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

And, I definitely want to see more passionate kissing and hugging scenes. That's because PBG and SHK are stunning with their chemistry and performance in a love drama. "Boyfriend" would surely include passionate scenes, dudes. Get a life.

I want more kissing scenes because I want to show support that you can't bully an actress or actor nor threaten anyone with their whims and fancies and expect them to cower in fear!

I was afraid they will tone it down just because of the reaction. What you said is totally right. And I dont think the production will give in. I still believe that there are more supporters to this drama than the haters. It’s just that those who love this drama are more silent about it.

Spoiler

Thank you for that post @gumtaek. Somebody actually made a screenshot of your post and posted in ig. So kudos to that person as well.

@mellinadear i love your name btw. Thank you. We’ve weathered far worse. :wub:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@mellinadear thank you chingu:kiss_wink: as I 'm seldom posting here but I really enjoy reading all of your comment here. As SHK fan.. I always support her whatever she did.. I always trust her choices. Really-really love her:kiss_wink: EC really best drama for me that i keep replaying all the episode every weekend. Butttt... Ep10 is so howwwwttt that I keep replaying the scene all the time :D*cough**cough*  So those haters who keep on bring her down..it's not worth..you all wasting time.. She always on the top:kiss_wink:..shipper sometimes can't differentiates 

between reel and real.. *sejenis yang tak reti bahasa* -_-

For PBG fans here.. I hope I'm not late to say that you're awesome...PBG blessed to have you all as his fan:wub: PBG really-really impressed me:open_mouth: his acting really daebak.. I'm watching his drama before like I Remember You and Love In The Moonlight.. Reply 1988, I don't watch :DI can't imagine other actor as Kim Jin Hyuk..He's the only one:kiss_wink: 

* i'm waiting for ep11..auwwwwwww:wub:

Can't wait to see rolling-rolling there:D

Wednesday please come soonest:wub:

So SongHyeKyo x ParkBoGum.. HWAITING!!!!! 

Done rambling:D pardon my English chingu:D 

• Like 22