[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

9 minutes ago, stresseddesserts said:

@stardustvoid delurking from my silent mode to let you guys know that the ring is from Chaumet and it's the same style as the gold bracelet she's wearing at the end of the last episode.

Well JH defnly cannot afford this ring.:D

Just looked up on promise ring.. i really had no idea abt the current dating trends:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

21 minutes ago, stresseddesserts said:

@stardustvoid delurking from my silent mode to let you guys know that the ring is from Chaumet and it's the same style as the gold bracelet she's wearing at the end of the last episode.

Thank you! So it is a wedding band then. Hmm...:w00t:

Surely not the same one JWS was trying to give her LOL

Anyway previews can be misleading :phew:

EDIT: guys can we put filming pictures in the spoiler tag, pretty please? :(

• Like 9

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

It says it's not getting the empathy of viewers.

Dear chingu,

Do you know if we as international fans of whom some are nearly crazy over the romance and beauty of our OTP (some of us have ignored our other halves totally and repeat the kissing scenes till panda eyes appear) - are we able to respond and rebut that super- bias article against "Boyfriend" and its cast?

I know ratings are not everything but I'm more concerned about the writer's anti-stand against the drama which is totally unfair to the cast and crew.

If we make enough noise, maybe it'll prevent other journalists/antis writing against the drama now that it's coming to a near end. This drama deserves much more accolades than a piece of bullsh*t article and negative comments.

Oh no, I already feel my withdrawal symptom coming..... I need 24 episodes please....never mind about the evil MIL and WS....let them do more stuff but I just want to see my sweet couple getting stronger by the episode and of course frolicking in bed the Cuban garden or even enjoying a session of intimate onsen catching snowflakes and frolicking in the warm spa... since the weather is freezing. It's a good way to keep warm together.  :D

Regarding the straying hand on the super-passionate balcony kiss, all  I can say is that SHK must have been so relieved to purposely slim down for this drama....hehe.. that scene is so hot and if the PD fails to deliver the promised goodies.....he'll have us to reckon with. >.<

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, noonainwaiting said:

I remember SJK used "sexy" to describe SHK at one of her fanmeets (correct me if im wrong). This screencap is right after they finished their first round of kissing. She isnt just sexy, she is a SIREN. That pull in her gaze, gods. I have no shame admitting I was admiring her more than Bogum. Major props to her for bringing that commitment that I have seen in very few K-actresses. Also, when JH shifted his kiss to focus on her upper lip, I just about died. Thank you both so much.

Right you are! ❤️ The reaction she made when she closed her eyes expecting for a deep kiss but KJH just gave her a peck first. Looking at her eyes, it’s like shouting “kiss me properly!” hahahaha 

9 minutes ago, noonainwaiting said:

Yes, chingu. After all that passionate kissing, they both had a tall drink of water and sat and read books side by side.

I almost choked on my coffee. :joy: 

Im confused about the balcony kiss. Why did they insert it when it was supposed to be the next day clothes they were wearing? Am I the only one thinking that PD-nim made a mistake of adding that in? I mean he couldnt have fooled us into believing that the kiss from after JH said I love you progressed to the balcony, right? What with all the magical powers we have at zooming in and making gifs of their kisses. Their clothes were different!

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

13 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Thank you! So it is a wedding band then. Hmm...:w00t:

Surely not the same one JWS was trying to give her LOL

Anyway previews can be misleading :phew:

EDIT: guys can we put filming pictures in the spoiler tag, pretty please? :(

I guess the ring scene may come in ep 13.. with the proposal maybe happening in ep12 ending??

In ep10 preview we saw jh putting csh to bed and the same preview is the for ep11.. likewise csh packing suitcase scene came for ep9  preview but we saw that only in ep10..

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jl08 said:

If we make enough noise, maybe it'll prevent other journalists/antis writing against the drama now that it's coming to a near end. This drama deserves much more accolades than a piece of bullsh*t article and negative comments.

I also think that we’ve been cooped up in this thread too much and failed to share/defend how amazing this drama is. I just want to give that writer a piece of his article and shove it up his a$$. :rage:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, tiendoank said:

Can't wait for the balcony's scenes next week

Hope we can stay alive.

cr: odetoyouth616 (Twitter)

Watch out KJH's left hand. It's starting to roam to an off limits area! :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Im confused about the balcony kiss. Why did they insert it when it was supposed to be the next day clothes they were wearing? Am I the only one thinking that PD-nim made a mistake of adding that in? I mean he couldnt have fooled us into believing that the kiss from after JH said I love you progressed to the balcony, right? What with all the magical powers we have at zooming in and making gifs of their kisses. Their clothes were different!

To whet our appetites n demands for more passionate kisses..:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

5 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I have a weird theory on this. Could it be a glimpse of the finale? I mean they did not show Cuba in the previews for episode 11 but then again why the hell would PD give us a glimpse of the finale

I could be 100% wrong tho:sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, nikir said:

To whet our appetites n demands for more passionate kisses..:D

15 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I have a weird theory on this. Could it be a glimpse of the finale? I mean they did not show Cuba in the previews for episode 11 but then again why the hell would PD give us a glimpse of the finale

I could be 100% wrong tho:sweatingbullets:

I really couldnt guess. For the life of me, I dont understand why that scene was inserted there. Might have been a preview before the preview of the next episode (is there even such a thing?) :sweat_smile: or that really might have been a mistake.

16 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

I mean, THEY ALREADY SHOT THE LONG HOT STEAMY HUNGRY kissing scenes!

and they have to go back to the stage of 'having a crush'..

Let me add that they even had a press con and they were extremely awkward with each other, SHK didnt even hold his arm

properly, it was limply curled on his arm and that they went ahead and explained first that PBG’s hyung (SJK) gave him the green signal to act without a burden. In a way, they were already preparing the viewers because this type of scene will happen. :joy:

• Like 8
  • LOL 13

1 hour ago, stresseddesserts said:

@stresseddesserts

Oh, the material and price are interesting.

The bracelet has been worn in the kiss scene filmed in Cuba(September 2018) while the ring might be filmed in January 2019.

Production team has amazed audiences with detail story, script, and commercial CFs too.:star:

PBG-ring.jpg

PBG-bracelet.jpg

53 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@dukesa1122

KJH and CSH would have probably stayed in Cuba for several days, their clothes would change.

KJH might arrive Cuba on Friday morning and went to meet the coordinator to ask sending his letter to the garden owener but such coordinator denied because of garden owner's dissatisfaction. 

That's why KJH had to invade and sleep in the garden in order to attempt meeting the garden owner next day(Saturday).

From the scene Secretary Jang booked the flight, CSH might arrive Cuba in Saturday morn and even after the garden owner accepted apology, CSH might have to stay in Cuba for days till working day for the coordinator in Cuba to deal the contract with tons of clauses among three parties (DongHwa, Cuba Coordinator, and Garden Owner)

KJH has taken days leave so both of them could be in Cuba for several days till the contract with garden owner has completely done.:love:

PBG-flight.jpg

44 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

I've been re watching Encounter for God knows how many times. But after the hot-steamy-i love you confession-kisses, yeoksi.. Park Bo Gum-Ssi and Song Hye Kyo-Ssi, you two are skillful, gifted actors.

Using PBG hair as the hint, all the PBG long curly hair in korea scenes, must be one of the initial shots (PBG in library, doing part time jobs, hang out with Dae Chan and Hye In at moon snail cafe, having conversation with Hye In at the playground, and asking question about Cha Soo Hyun -the ice princess- while actually they haven't shot the Cuba Encounter scenes).

In episode 2, JH's hair is already short. When JH and SH eyes were met at the new empoyees meeting, JH looked awkward and shy, while SH stared at him in wonder.. I mean, THEY ALREADY SHOT THE LONG HOT STEAMY HUNGRY kissing scenes!

and they have to go back to the stage of 'having a crush'.. and as the story goes they started to develop deeper feeling, which means they express their feeling by gaze, stare, smile, all the facial expession and body language, while again, they already shot that hungry kissing scene in Cuba!

Unless PBG using hair extention in some scenes, for me they have nailed all the right emotion stages, even with those leap of scenes.

Oh Wednesday, please come faster.. can't wait to see JinSoo going around Cuba, as their relationship sealed with a kiss! I mean kisses.. steamy kisses:wub:

@rosiepeonie188 Your observation is interesting, plan on filming and editing is thorough.

Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's acting with switched time in Encounter and real time in filming are challenging indeed but both of them can nail the roles.

Let rerun and think about the filming has not been sequentially done but skipping here and there between 2 strangers and 2 lovers, Thump up PBG&SHK indeed. :thumbsup:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, jl08 said:

The PD didn't make a mistake, chingu.

I discover we're like Pavlov's dogs...they give us a conditioned stimulus with images of the passionate kissing scene that's coming up and extracted a conditioned response from us - SALIVATING.     

So in summary:

When a bell is rung (throwing out sweet images) = we expect food (kisses & hugs) so we'll tune in definitely to savour the 'gastronomical' delights of KJH and CSH, while they, in turn, devour each other!  :D

Now that makes sense! :sweat_smile: I havent heard of Ivan Pavlov’s theory for like a decade now. Thank you for perfectly explaining why they inserted the preview before the preview of episode 11. Haha

• Like 6
  • LOL 8