Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

All those gifs..aigoo. I remember reading a comment somewhere. She said JH and SH weren't kissing, they were eating each other's lips. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 18

jD8pZvx.gif

wPSOBXF.gif

fM2gEku.jpg

Spoiler

mp94TmX.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Chingus, I’m caught up with ep 9 and 10 and I love the episodes. This drama is indeed very romantic. The shots, the acting, and the BGM are all perfect. 

I like reading all of your analysis as well. Originally, I was thinking that we need a time jump so that JH can be more mature and show himself to be more financially stable to provide more security to SH. However, after the last 2 episodes, I’m starting to change my mind since it seems that even with his current situation, JH is able to protect SH. Furthermore, JH’s stubbornness somehow give me some comfort that he will able to take care of SH. 

Regardless of the rating, I am proud of PBG and SHK to take on this role. I think they did a good job and this drama is Daebak. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Can't wait for the balcony's scenes next week

Hope we can stay alive.

cr: odetoyouth616 (Twitter)

Thanks for the HD close up gifs.. can't wait.. where are JH's hands going:tounge_xd::tounge_xd:

• LOL 13

5 January 2019 : 7.30pm. KST

IG Encounter's production team :

"#Boyfriend #itscold #freezing"

Replied(Google translate)
- Brothers are team A

- Cold like in ski

{Weather: -5 celcius with real feel -10 celcius, will colder in night time}

PS. @Jemrie
regfreshed and just seen your post. 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nikir said:

Thanks for the HD close up gifs.. can't wait.. where are JH's hands going:tounge_xd::tounge_xd:

993640425C2E33CE0B?original

I have to say  KJH was very very bold to caress CSH's upper bottom.

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
  • Thanks 1

here's a very close-up video of the balcony scene 

help, i can't move on

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, gumtaek said:
4 hours ago, gumtaek said:
  Hide contents

The thing is this drama has spoiled us with high ratings right at the very start. So any dip causes people to panic...It says that the drama is not able to rebound after the one-week break. What does he or she think of cable dramas averaging between 8-9%?  Why even cable dramas with a final rating of 5% were sent on a reward vacation! If only I could send this writer what I posted about the difference between terrestial and cable TV ratings! 

It says it's not getting the empathy of viewers. Why is it topping the Content Power Index then? Why is this thread moving at an exponential speed? Why are the video cuts of the drama topping the Naver Video Popularity ranking each week with thousands of likes and comments? It's because the drama resonates with the viewers....

Absolutely correct. That percentage in a cable paid channel is very high. A person needs to pay in order to watch this. It is not like the public network. Rating agency also makes some mistakes in dealing with this. Also, this drama is being televised in Viu, Viki, Iqiyi and so many channels in almost a hundred countries. If people are not interested,  companies and stations will not invest to buy this. There is already a hype about this. The syndrome is being scattered in every form of media and to every person that loves it. Even the haters that keep on giving negatives response but if you see it in a positive way, they are also touched by the drama since they are watching it and giving reviews - it is just on the bad side. Lol. Even Wikipedia saying it is one of the high rated cable channel drama (see their list). It floods the twitter, Facebook and Instagram even google and you tube. The syndrome has already taken the public. Whether they take it or not, believe it or not - we are all taken by the Encounter Spell. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

As intense as the balcony kiss was, I'm very doubtful we'll get a continuation of what happens when they leave the balcony next episode :sweatingbullets:

I was re-watching the episode earlier that took a screenshot of CSH's ring in the preview. 

Interesting design eh? Is it a promise ring? They sure are moving fast lol

But ladies doesn't it look like an earring too? :w00t:

• Like 13

Since there are only 6 episodes left. This is the ending that I want to happen:

- CSH’s dad will finally grow balls and confront his wife and keep her in check. Frankly, she’s acting like someone who grew up poor and scored an anchorman for a husband and her ambitious delusions got the better of her. She’s not making any sense. 

- Dae Chan and Sec Jang will start dating and sec jang will spend her day offs helping dae chan and they will continue to fight and bicker. Honestly, these two are just too hilarious!

- I’m guessing Su Joon’s daughter has an inkling that her ajussi is in love with her mom. And she’ll pave the way for them to be together. I dont know bout you guys but i find Su Joon really beautiful. And she will be insane not to accept Mr. Nam. 

- WS will finally accept that CSH is not for him. He will know the meaning of true love and will finally show CSH that he loves her by letting her go and stand up against his mother. He will help KJS and CSH when the lawsuit will happen. Yes, I still have hopes for JWS and I still do not think that he is a bad guy.

- I am excited to see what KJH’s parents especially his mom’s reaction about their relationship. I want a scene of all them having dinner while KJH will finally introduce CSH to them. I bet his dad will back him up and help him with his mom.

- Finally, I want CSH to keep her company and have a better life with KJH. All the minions will be caught and fired out of the company. I want them to end this series in cuba, in the garden where it all began and ended. With them wrapped around each other and kissing a sweet kiss that conveys success and relief on finally being able to have that freedom to love each other. 

....Wishing the drama Gods for some if not ALL of these to happen. Oh please oh please 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

@stardustvoid delurking from my silent mode to let you guys know that the ring is from Chaumet and it's the same style as the gold bracelet she's wearing at the end of the last episode.

93010885_img_-haiexi.jpg 93010886_screenshot_20190104-023427.jpg

Edited by stresseddesserts
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, stresseddesserts said:

@stardustvoid delurking from my silent mode to let you guys know that the ring is from Chaumet and it's the same style as the gold bracelet she's wearing at the end of the last episode.

Well JH defnly cannot afford this ring.:D

Just looked up on promise ring.. i really had no idea abt the current dating trends:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

21 minutes ago, stresseddesserts said:

Thank you! So it is a wedding band then. Hmm...:w00t:

Surely not the same one JWS was trying to give her LOL

Anyway previews can be misleading :phew:

EDIT: guys can we put filming pictures in the spoiler tag, pretty please? :(

• Like 9

Bo Gum has a fan who DAILY comes up with amazing pencil sketches of his....For the past weeks and months, she has been drawing Park Bogum as Kim Jin Hyuk...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, gumtaek said:

It says it's not getting the empathy of viewers.

Dear chingu,

Do you know if we as international fans of whom some are nearly crazy over the romance and beauty of our OTP (some of us have ignored our other halves totally and repeat the kissing scenes till panda eyes appear) - are we able to respond and rebut that super- bias article against "Boyfriend" and its cast?

I know ratings are not everything but I'm more concerned about the writer's anti-stand against the drama which is totally unfair to the cast and crew.

If we make enough noise, maybe it'll prevent other journalists/antis writing against the drama now that it's coming to a near end. This drama deserves much more accolades than a piece of bullsh*t article and negative comments.

Oh no, I already feel my withdrawal symptom coming..... I need 24 episodes please....never mind about the evil MIL and WS....let them do more stuff but I just want to see my sweet couple getting stronger by the episode and of course frolicking in bed the Cuban garden or even enjoying a session of intimate onsen catching snowflakes and frolicking in the warm spa... since the weather is freezing. It's a good way to keep warm together.  :D

Regarding the straying hand on the super-passionate balcony kiss, all  I can say is that SHK must have been so relieved to purposely slim down for this drama....hehe.. that scene is so hot and if the PD fails to deliver the promised goodies.....he'll have us to reckon with. >.<

• Like 15
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, noonainwaiting said:

I remember SJK used "sexy" to describe SHK at one of her fanmeets (correct me if im wrong). This screencap is right after they finished their first round of kissing. She isnt just sexy, she is a SIREN. That pull in her gaze, gods. I have no shame admitting I was admiring her more than Bogum. Major props to her for bringing that commitment that I have seen in very few K-actresses. Also, when JH shifted his kiss to focus on her upper lip, I just about died. Thank you both so much.

Right you are! ❤️ The reaction she made when she closed her eyes expecting for a deep kiss but KJH just gave her a peck first. Looking at her eyes, it’s like shouting “kiss me properly!” hahahaha 

9 minutes ago, noonainwaiting said:

Yes, chingu. After all that passionate kissing, they both had a tall drink of water and sat and read books side by side.

I almost choked on my coffee. :joy: 

Im confused about the balcony kiss. Why did they insert it when it was supposed to be the next day clothes they were wearing? Am I the only one thinking that PD-nim made a mistake of adding that in? I mean he couldnt have fooled us into believing that the kiss from after JH said I love you progressed to the balcony, right? What with all the magical powers we have at zooming in and making gifs of their kisses. Their clothes were different!

• Like 2
  • LOL 17