[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I would like to add what JWS needs right now is a friend as he has no one by his side. It would be interesting if by working for the hotel, he becomes close to JH so that the latter can give him good advises and help him to mature. JWS is still acting like a spoiled child. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Regarding WS, I don't hate him at all but I don't really have that much sympathy for him. Sure, he's pitiful, but he honestly brought most of his pain on to himself. He's a privileged man who has the capacity to face his own mother and he could have done so much for SH while they were married but he chose to just sit by and watch her suffer. Then he deliberately deceived SH to "set her free" without even asking for her consent, then expects her to come back to him just because he's regretting his decision . He's also always making decisions without SH's consent even after their marriage and even after her repeated rejection of him. He doesn't respect her feelings at all and even belittled what she felt for JH. He keeps trying to woo SH by giving her material things when he should have known by now if he took the time to really get to know SH that she isn't really moved by those gestures. 

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

Thank you for the translation @ahdrianaa. I thought there was something wrong with ig’s translation. It said that SHK’s brother-in-law has been in contact :crazy:

About WS and HI. I decided that I dont think of them as villains. The only villains I acknowledge here are the ex MIL and her minions and CSH’s mom. Correct me if I’m wrong but in the ep 11 preview JH was sent a picture of the minions having a meeting and we all know who paid for that picture to be taken. I think WS will come to his senses and realize his mistakes and accept that CSH will never be his again. HI, i dont see her as someone who can JH. She just loves him like that. Their friendship is after all very valuable to her.

• Like 11

About JWS. Sure I feel sorry for him, too. He is the victim of his mother and her education. I can unterstand how he became who he is now. But come on, he is now an adult. We can always work on us, try to develope, heal the wounds of childhood. But he doesn't have the desire to grow up, to get more out of him, to be free and happy.

He can do it in so many ways. He can read, he can go to a psychotherapist, he can find things, which are meaningful to him... But he hasn't done any of them.

So I think, I feel pity for him but just a little. You must love/treasure and help yourself before you want to love and help someone else. It's my opinion.

Sorry for my poor english..

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, tlireal said:

About JWS. Sure I feel sorry for him, too. He is the victim of his mother and her education. I can unterstand how he became who he is now. But come on, he is now an adult. We can always work on us, try to develope, heal the wounds of childhood. But he doesn't have the desire to grow up, to get more out of him, to be free and happy.

He can do it in so many ways. He can read, he can go to a psychotherapist, he can find things, which are meaningful to him... But he hasn't done any of them.

So I think, I feel pity for him but just a little. You must love/treasure and help yourself before you want to love and help someone else. It's my opinion.

Sorry for my poor english..

That's the reason why I can not feel sorry for him. He is old enough now. The marriage and divorce should have been a wake up call for him but he didn't change at all. He remained at home and still let his mother decide for him.  Actually, he could stop his mother with the divorce law suit by writing a new divorce contract because he is actually CSH's ex-husband and not his mother. He allowed her to write such a terrible contract. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, tlireal said:

Can someone please explain the scene, how JH looked at SH to slend through the gap of the gate in Eps. 10? His stare was amused, surprised oder smt like that? I don't really get it and why did he look at her that way?

It is a “why didnt i thought of that?” face. :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Thanks 2

Boyfriend' Park Sook-gum, National Census Earns 'National Boyfriend....Article Entered 2019.01.04 at 10:04 am

The actor Park Bo-gum, who has been called the national taxpayer since the drama 'Gurmigreen Moonlight', has been called the 'national boyfriend' through the drama 'Boyfriend' and continues the national syndrome. 

He has been acclaimed for completing Kim Jin-hyeok with complete character analysis and solid performance. 

In the play, Kim Jin-hyuk is a 20-year-old young man who is well-mannered and straight-forwarded in a normal environment. It's not a heavy set-up or a strong character, but rather a normal twenties. However, Park is clearly portraying the intrinsic colors possessed by these ordinary characters with solid performance. 

It is filling the character 's breath with filling the analog sensibility and the various charms of the character tightly.

View orig
He brought a free and pure young man from Cuba with a smile and a smile on his face. Then he met with Song Hye-kyo (Cha Seo Hyun) 

Not only is it soft and decisive, but it also delivers complicated emotions inside, with detailed expressions and eyes. Here, as the time passes, the love that becomes more solid is filled with eyes and facial expressions. 

In this way, Park is drawing an unconventional figure that can be seen in a flat view with detailed analysis and delicate acting on the black person. It is a gentle but strong, gentle but obvious expression of Kim Jin-hyuk. That's why they are being loved by the viewers' empathy with authentic performances every time. 

jyn2011@sportschosun.com....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003364511

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

It is a “why didnt i thought of that?” face. :joy:

Oh thank you. It's now my turn " why didn't I think of that?" :lol:

So it is one more proof, how good SH observes everything within some seconds. She can read everything, as someone wrote it several pages before:P.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, tlireal said:

Oh thank you. It's now my turn " why didn't I think of that?" :lol:

So it is one more proof, how good SH observes everything within some seconds. She can read everything, as someone wrote it several pages before:P.

Sorry. Why didn't I think of that? :joy:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's the reason why I can not feel sorry for him. He is old enough now. The marriage and divorce should have been a wake up call for him but he didn't change at all. He remained at home and still let his mother decide for him.  Actually, he could stop his mother with the divorce law suit by writing a new divorce contract because he is actually CSH's ex-husband and not his mother. He allowed her to write such a terrible contract. 

30+ years of crooked education and training will do that to a person. He has been living like that for as long as he was alive and the most important part is no one ever told him that it was wrong but CSH and that happened years after the divorce. Blame it to the education why he's slow at understanding things and feelings. I think he didn't even realize that CSH was just waiting for him to step up and he was being weak by not doing anything or that he was just too cowardly to step up against his mother, because again crooked education and training. 

While I agree that he is old enough and mature enough, habits especially habits that you don't know you're doing is really hard to change. The actor's face shows sadness and he's cute and handsome :tounge_xd:. I can't help but feel sorry for him. But it stops there. He should let go of CSH.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

want to see more of the balcony kiss.. 

balcony kiss is the hottest I watched in kdrama.

and in eps 10 she packed the shirt she wears in the balcony kiss, so maybe the stills of them dancing and the balcony kiss could be in eps 11.  

the PD has granted my wishes so far + bonus.. I wish for funny jokes between couples - face time 

I wish for skinship and close up kiss lol - when watch movies they held hands and leaning to each other and kiss in Cuba and balcony kiss, that's skinship more than I ask for

so my other wishes (besides happy ending for sure) are that I hope to see CSH said saranghe to KJH and maybe a little jealous moment like eps 2 (when CSH see KJH talk on the phone). oh and can we see some more of balcony kiss scene? the view is so beautiful too.

I don't mind not seeing many much lovey dovey scene in the upcoming eps because I think they will focus more about how they resolve their relationship.

addition I think PBG is the most handsome man in korea. 

(my other list is Lee Jong Jae)

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

This drama is so rich in life- lessons. Thank you all for putting efforts in analyzing every dialogues, scenes even the facial expressions. To top that the two leads make us mesmerized with their acting. PBG and SHK are really top stars for so many reasons. I read a post that this drama is so complete with all the elements, and I agree perfectly. 

• Like 20

I have been a BG fan for years now and he still surprises me.

Most of us who are his fans know he doesn't drink (alcohol) but he drank beer in this drama.

He doesn't also drink Coffee but he did (I wanted the camera crew to zoom in to his cup to see at some point LOL).

On the drama

I watched ep 10 again and I shook my head when SH's momma knelt down. She KNELT down y'all. For the sake of power. What kinda mother is that? Your daughter's happiness means nothing to you? My gosh.

As for WS, trying to write a poem. I knew he couldn't cuz he would find it so cheesy but his Ex likes things like that. WS-ah, open your eyes. She doesn't love you no more bro. Move on.

During kiss scenes, I have noticed that the PD loves to allow the viewers hear the "Smack" sound  before he dulls it with music.

New year party (second kiss before they hugged)

Car kiss.

Cuba kiss (before the long kiss).

Balcony kiss (at the start of it, you can hear it).

• Like 15
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, CSH's mother doesn't believe in her husband's abilities at all. She thinks, he needs the help of Taekyeong group in order to win an election. However, we heard that

- he went on hunger strike after his friend's death in order to put pressure on the authorities and he was successful

- he obtained the attention of politicians who asked him to become one

- he became the mayor of Seoul on his own merit because CSH married JWS after this election.

Chairman Kim is delusional and arrogant, she thinks that without her money CJH would have never won the election as assemblyman... yet he was able to get elected before she entered his life.

It would be interesting if CJH's popularity increased because his daughter is dating a commoner. 

MiOk (SooHyun's mother) is like a walking, talking realization of "your eyes are bigger than your stomach".  She let her greed, rather than her common sense, lead her to making a deal that may end up ruining her husband's chances of actually being elected President.  Even at this late date, that money she took could be misconstrued as a bribe and could cast a shadow over all her husband's accomplishments since he started working in the government. 

What makes my blood boil is that MiOk is so stubborn!  If something's not working, why keep banging your head against it?  Make new alliances woman! :angry:  the fact that she refuses to stop trying to partner up with TaeKyung group makes me worry that the Chairwoman doesn't have dirt on SooHyun's dad, but instead has dirt on SooHyun's mom.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1