[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

@ktcjdrama I think we’re both watching so many dramas. I need so much more time :sweatingbullets: :lol:

——

woot woot tonight it feels like we’re in for a treat ..so much skin ship & kisses ...ahh making up for lost time :rolleyes: . Some highlights

The scene as per preview where they were kissing on the sofa  & the parents came back :D 

Spoiler

Hilarious how he quickly threw all evidence under the sofa & she hid in the room

Spoiler

But she had to show herself as she was desperate to use the loo. His parents were so pleased  :lol:

Spoiler

Ahhh sweetness ! He drops her off at work , she accompanies him when he has a stake out . They go on dates . 

Spoiler

Squeee! 

Cuteness ..I’m her boyfriend...oh so good looking..Omo the one who used to wear the braces :lol:

Spoiler

So many giggly in love scenes 

But I think the problem starts as he is insecure about her having to wash & cut  the hair of male clients 

Spoiler

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joon Young, let's not do this again, okay? :blink:  im so nervous for him , I mean I get why is he so insecure , he has no dating experience and now she means everything to him but let's not stalk her even again please . Aside from that I enjoyed the episode so much, even without subs, thank you writer and PD-nim for all the lovey dovey scenes ... now it's time to grab the tissues cos we'll need lots of them for the upcoming breakup 

4 hours ago, princess16 said:

Funny clip for my sweet student:wub::D

lol I love dork JY so much! thank you for the MV!

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@the girl who! ahhhhh! Thank you so much for posting the OST! I have been looking for this song since I heard it and have not been able to find it and it was driving me crazy! I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!! So beautifully sung and is so perfect for their kiss scene! 

you're welcome :D i have the song on repeat for the whole day XD 

Hope the ratings keep improving  , the comments from netizens are good so far , I wish this could be reflected on the ratings.

I think he gets insecure because when she did his hair before, it led to the kiss and then the feelings followed and although it's totally irrational for him to think this way, I can kinda understand it. 

The poor guy was so innocent and didn't have any prior dating experience and then he met her and he fell hard for her after that kiss. I think maybe he thinks any guy would fall for her in that same situation so that probably makes him feel nervous.

I have a similar problem that others are facing right now:  I am watching TOO MANY dramas!  :sweatingbullets:

How many is too many?  A dozen!  :crazy:

So I need to pare down.  There's one drama that I'm definitely dropping, two that I am likely to drop, and two that I am delaying. 

One of my delays is Third Charm.  I really, really, really want to watch but I have the feeling that once I start I'm gonna be so hooked that it will be hard to wait.  So in the interest of time and in the interest of saving my sanity, I'm gonna put Third Charm on hold until I can binge watch multiple episodes!  

Yeah, that makes sense.  :)

But I'm still gonna read spoilers!  :D

Hi everyone, joining this thread! I watched the first two eps without any expectation because I love Seo Kang Joon and Esom so much from Cheese in the trap and BTIMFL.... but I was immediately hooked from ep 1. 

As there are many drama out concurrently at the same time, I thought I would love the other drama, but surprisingly this one is the one that I really WANT to watch and actually catch immediately once subs are out. There are others like Devilish Joy and The Beauty Within that I was more hyped about, but this one actually is my fave right now. 

Teenage romance is my weakness and to my surprise this was done very very well. SKJ was so convincing and I was especially surprised by the way he moved his lips (due to his braces). Even after that, you can see in his 20s that when he is feeling really natural and at ease with Esom or at home, his lips just went back to the braces way when he talks. I googled his age and I'm surprised he is just 24? I mean, I was still thinking and acting like a schoolgirl when I was 24. He is really natural.

I'm really looking forward to them when they reach their 30s because I think that there is relatively few drama that captures the feelings of people in their 30s nowadays. More people stay single, get divorced, and the problems we face now in 30s are different from the generations before us. We must work, look after children and also face the high standard and price of living and I think this show may reflect some of these pressures in city life and modern life.

I didn't watch Are You Human Too because I'm not into "Robot" theme, I tried to watch "I'm Not A Robot" but my interest fizzled out halfway. 

I'll be rooting for the soft romance and fuzzy feelings from this show, I hope there is just more of that. TBH I expected them to sleep together after the Han River scene. But On Joon Young is too much of a baby and cutie to request for that. 

I'm wondering are there really men out there who are On Joon Young character? If I meet someone like this in real life, I would fall for him for sure. He's such an underground romantic. 

54 minutes ago, 122am said:

'm wondering are there really men out there who are On Joon Young character? If I meet someone like this in real life, I would fall for him for sure. He's such an underground romantic. 

I love that he can be so hot & dorky all at the same time . :tounge_xd:

that guy in the saloon is no  competition. I’ll have Joon Yoong any day 

@thistle I feel ya . Drama overload . This one is a keeper . It’s light but also very heartwarming. I had to restrain myself from starting two more dramas 

———

The Third Charm] Ep 4 Seo Kang Joon gets jealous as he sees Esom washing Min Woo Hyuk's hair

3.png
Article: Naver 'The Third Charm' Seo Kang Joon's happy relationship with Esom  jealous of Min Woo Hyuk

• On Joon Young (Seo Kang Joon) brings Lee Young Jae (Esom) to his home. 
  • His parents come home unexpectedly and Young Jae was forced to introduce herself to them. 
  • Choi Ho Chul (Min Woo Hyuk) is a doctor. He meets Young Jae coincidentally and went to her salon for a hair cut at late night because of the nature of his job. 
  • Joon Young sees that and gets jealous. 

1. [+675,-7]
Really interesting.. ㅜㅜ Please give us lovey-dovey scenes everyday. 

2. [+622,-12]
Seo Kang Joon, you're really.. good in acting.. and handsome.. ㅠㅠ You take my heart and put it down.. The chemistry between the leads, their acting, and their characters are all charismatic.. A drama with no acting hole. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+524,-19]
The supporting male character.. looks too ㅠㅠ old. Doesn't make my heart flutter in the drama. 

4. [+279,-7]
Seo Kang Joon is so handsome..... 

5. [+222,-5]
My heart stops whenever they kiss, stops whenever they hold hands. Everything makes my heart stop. 

6. [+86,-0]
When they were lying down near Han River, he stares at Esom sweetly, my heart stopped for real. 

7. [+63,-1]
It's fun. But the doctor who appeared, is he really dating Young Jae? Feels like a married man to me though? 

———

Article: Naver 'The Third Charm' Seo Kang Joon arrests the criminal quickly just to have a date with Esom 

1. [+144,-1]
He looks so excited, like a puppy waving its tail. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He really fits the character. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+56,-1]
Look at Seo Kang Joon's eyes. It looks like honey is dripping out of them, so heart fluttering. 

3. [+51,-0]
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's jealous, he's jealous. Seo Kang Joon is cute. Esom's style is good too. 

4. [+35,-0]
Why is the drama so cute? ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+10,-0]
Min Woo Hyuk.. Am I the only one feeling uncomfortable.. 

6. [+7,-0]
Are you sure they didn't exchange genders? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So cute. ㅜㅜ

7. [+6,-0]
The actors are pretty and handsome. Even Lee Yoon Ji.. 

8. [+5,-0]
Seo Kang Joon~ his eyes are so pretty, I'm saying it as a girl. He matches well with Esom. Been a while since I've watched an interesting drama. 

9. [+5,-0]
Ah, the couple is too cute. ㅜ

Source

2 hours ago, 122am said:

I didn't watch Are You Human Too because I'm not into "Robot" theme, I tried to watch "I'm Not A Robot" but my interest fizzled out halfway.

I'm the opposite. I didn't watch IANAR after reading the reviews of the plot, but I watched AYHT and enjoyed it v.much... I'd definitely recommend ppl to watch AYHT. SKJ is really good in that one too. Give it a try!

11 hours ago, triplem said:

@ktcjdrama I think we’re both watching so many dramas. I need so much more time :sweatingbullets: :lol:

Tell me about it!! Although I'm sure I watch fewer than you :lol: It's the perpetual problem, isn't it... not having enough time for dramas... and soompi of course, because what's the fun in watching dramas without the chance of squeeing, spazzing or ranting about it....?? I happen to be at a point in time when I can afford watching a lot of ongoing dramas, and this is the most ever in my life, I think, lol... Not to mention trying to catch up on past dramas that I've missed while airing. Don't know how soon and whether my situation will change, so may as well make use of the opportunity now :lol:. I'm putting one current drama (mystery melo) on hold for marathon later though, because I think I won't be able to stand the weekly wait.

Back to T3C, honestly, it took me a while to warm up to Esom as YJ though. First time watching her (yeah, I haven't had the chance to watch BTIMFL :( because of no time).  I teared up when JY was crying over their break-up, felt so sad for him... and I appreciated his friend for understanding him and standing by his side. I hope we will still see him in year 2013 and current time. Now I shall go watch ep.3-4!

1 hour ago, triplem said:

histle I feel ya . Drama overload . This one is a keeper . It’s light but also very heartwarming. I had to restrain myself from starting two more dramas 

Definitely a keeper!  That's why I want to hoard the episodes to watch later.  :D  And I unfortunately did not restrain myself.....started two more dramas today.  Bad me.  But I know that I will have Third Charm saved up for a rainy day.

This is my favourite, together with the beauty inside. The chemistry between JY and YJ continues to sizzle! 

I was so angry at the scene of YJ with her high school friend turned actress SH. Wanted to reach across the screen and give the girl a good smack. Such a richard simmons. 

I do wonder how the actress and plastic surgeon fit into the story. Looks like the plastic surgeon may be a potential love interest for YJ? 

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

ohmygod, been busy so just trying to catch up.  I’m watching Episode 4 and had to stop a few times to laugh it off.  Sooo funny :lol:.

I'm halfway through ep.4... Same here, I was laughing a lot through the first half esp. the moment the sister came home to unveiled the mystery guest. Gosh, I love his sis! So sharp! :lol: She would be a great detective if she joined the police force too, lol.... And then I was smiling like a fool watching all the sweet dates, whenever, wherever, making up for the lost 7 years... but I dare not continue yet, I tell you, coz I don't want to see them arguing and breaking up. Why can't the sweetness last a bit longer? Can they please stay this sweet for more episodes? Arrgh!... I'm putting watching the rest of ep.4 on hold until ep.5 is out.

My guess is the first break up was initiated by YJ, now the second time will probably be initiated by JY :unsure:

They are so cuteeee. 

I thought their reconciliation was very well done - one ep explained everything clearly and the emoting was pretty good too. No draggy plots and whining. 

Two eps of breezy sweet mean something is coming up. I can already see the niggling doubts and insecurities of JY but I can’t imagine what big thing would split them apart again. Perhaps his immaturity? He is still very much the fragile boy 7 years ago...but she’s gotten even tougher.

I hope the rest of the story will fill the other 12 eps and get told as well as the first 4eps.

I really love how many kisses we have in ONLY 4 episodes (more than in the most of dramas in all of their episodes)...but I think they cut off this kiss that we saw in the teasers and in a promotional photo (Yeah, I know there is no reason to complain, just saying).

jqo4g4.gif

20180906_152205_8162.jpg

I'm seriously hooked on this drama. Both leads are adorable & the story seems to be interesting too. It makes me wonder what will happen to both of them before they met for the third time. It's so interesting because it's different from the typical romance drama, although maybe some people think it's boring to have so much sweetness in early episodes.

I guess at this time maybe it's JY turn to be the first one who will break up with YJ. As the first one is YJ who dumped JY. :wacko: So they will have a happy ending life after the third encounter. We have lots of episodes. I really curious to know but I have to prepare my poor heart on this roller coaster plot line story. :sweatingbullets:

Archived