[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

On 9/30/2018 at 10:24 AM, kyung16 said:

Hey, my thoughts are instead of the brother, YJ seems to lost her possible future sister-in-law and I believe it will somehow connected with the serial killer story. Because SJ's girlfriend isn't anywhere to be found on the character chart and will have connection with Lee Yoon Ji's character instead, so I believe the girlfriend will somehow disappear from the story.

I love the chemistry as much as how I feel with the teasers. Hope it keeps getting good because I don't want to drop this in the middle for story reason :(

agree 100 percent with your predictions & me too don’t want to drop out this show at all because of the story ! I am a big fan of Seo Kang Joon & loved Esom acting on ( because this is my first life ) , love their chemistry from the teasers already ! Have been excited & anticipating this drama the most out of all others ! So better to be a good drama for the sake of my excited heart :D! Honestly the first two episodes were not so much appealing to me ! probably my expectations were higher! I don’t know . But waiting this week episodes & lets the fun start  :wub:

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chingus! Just want to dropby to say hello. I did not watch first episode until the end as I feel a little bit insulted with the portrayal of a nerdy and OCD person in this drama :lol:. Being a nerd and OCD kind of person myself, I never looked at mysefl that way nor my circles of friends, and I also have a lot of hot and super handsome nerdy friends as well. So this type of stereotype portrayal of nerd normally make me lose interest to keep watching the show/drama. Anyway, I will keep a look out on your recaps and comments, love you all!

This show really pulls at the heart strings. Although they haven't even "dated" the emotions from their chemistry amazing. I can't wait for the fluffy and sweet dating moments before all the angst, I am about 99.9% sure its gonna have a happy ending, so I'm gonna sit back and watch comfortably. :wub:

P.S love all the side character too, her brother( I think the gf got killed, cause there is no way she would have left him). Her friend is hilarious (I hope she finds love and a baby daddy). Also his sister and best friend might be something. can't wait:D

1 hour ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

This show really pulls at the heart strings. Although they haven't even "dated" the emotions from their chemistry amazing. I can't wait for the fluffy and sweet dating moments before all the angst, I am about 99.9% sure its gonna have a happy ending, so I'm gonna sit back and watch comfortably. :wub:

P.S love all the side character too, her brother( I think the gf got killed, cause there is no way she would have left him). Her friend is hilarious (I hope she finds love and a baby daddy). Also his sister and best friend might be something. can't wait:D

Don't think the gf got killed, coz I thought I saw a scene of the gf crying when YJ arrived at the hospital? GF might have left him because of his disability. Perhaps she can't handle it, parents insist she breaks up with SJ or perhaps SJ felt bad and chased her out of his life...these are pretty realistic possibilities :wacko:

I am waiting to see development between buddy and sister too :)

awww done with ep. 3 ... the last 5 minutes were  a rollercoaster and that kiss :wub: even my mom and sis got curious about the drama after they caught me squealing during the kiss scene XD they're watching episode 1 right now lmao 

yay for the ratings! .... Average of 2.9% , 1.1% higher than last episode! :w00t:  (Source: http://news1.kr/articles/?3443391

Cant wait for tomorrow's episode 

Just watched ep 3 with sub , love how the story is moving so fast but now I feel like it’s a movie & has happily ended ! I mean they parted due to a misunderstanding & now reunited together ! So what is more to unfold about them :D?! 

@the girl who! @wangnyeo This drama is superb and terribly underrated here on Soompi. The build up to that kiss is fantastic . Seo Kang Joon and Esom were brilliant in their emotional delivery.  The tears rolling down as they kissed , representing all the years where they were both hurting and longing for each other ...my goodness...I repeated the scene a few times.

(15s gif- might take a while to load)

giphy.gif

But more than the kiss , I loved the narrative - how he came to find out about her struggles then. While he was emotionally on standstill for the last 7 years , he  realised her burden was greater. It could not have been told in a more introspective and thoughtful way.  Through his interaction with her brother, he got to see first hand what her life was in the last 7 years.

Initially like JY , i felt a stab in my heart when she seemed so frivolous in their first encounter after 7 years. "That witch who broke my heart and she seemed like she didn't care." But as the hour unfolded, JY (and us ) got to see that it wasn't even about her own demons that she was fighting. She was a 20 year old who was forced to grow up even faster than she already had - dealing with the tragedy of her brother's accident. She probably had to take on the financial strains of the brother's medical bill , and not to mention his emotional and physical recovery would have made it difficult for her to think about anything else.

I have so much love for this drama. It really moves me in every way.

And oh OST 2 is on repeat for me.

Ratings : 2.9% 

This episode was the perfect antidote to a terrible week for me. 

So much love for this drama! And I agree that it is totally underrated, which makes me sad. 

The kiss at the end was just perfect. Could really feel the emotional buildup on both YJ and JY. I teared as I watched that scene. Can’t wait to see them dating again, even though we know they are going to split up again, hoping this time round it is more than 1 day! 

Thank you for the gif @triplem

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@the girl who! @wangnyeo This drama is superb and terribly underrated here on Soompi. The build up to that kiss is fantastic . Seo Kang Joon and Esom were brilliant in their emotional delivery.  The tears rolling down as they kissed , representing all the years where they were both hurting and longing for each other ...my goodness...I repeated the scene a few times.

But more than the kiss , I loved the narrative - how he came to find out about her struggles then. While he was emotionally on standstill for the last 7 years , he  realised her burden was greater. It could not have been told in a more introspective and thoughtful way.  Through his interaction with her brother, he got to see first hand what her life was in the last 7 years.

Initially like JY , i felt a stab in my heart when she seemed so frivolous in their first encounter after 7 years. "That witch who broke my heart and she seemed like she didn't care." But as the hour unfolded, JY (and us ) got to see that it wasn't even about her own demons that she was fighting. She was a 20 year old who was forced to grow up even faster than she already had - dealing with her tragedy of her brother's accident. She probably had to take on the financial strains of the brother's medical bill , and not to mention his emotional and physical recovery would have made it difficult for her to think about anything else.

PREACH. 

1:21 am here .... and im watching ep. 3 for the 2nd time :rolleyes: what are you doing to me , drama? 

The Kiss <3

tumblr_pg5s3xfPIF1vqlkb3o1_540.gif

tumblr_pg5s3xfPIF1vqlkb3o2_540.gif

tumblr_pg5s3xfPIF1vqlkb3o3_540.gif

tumblr_pg5s3xfPIF1vqlkb3o4_540.gif

(c) https://kdramaseoul.tumblr.com/post/178778072835/i-was-sorry-for-everythingi-was-so-sorryi-felt

You’re welcome @7psyche7. Beautiful kiss indeed 

@the girl who! at least based on naver articles , good response from domestic viewers 

@tianaa agreed . She’s one of those actresses who can cry beautifully . 

The Third Charm] Ep 3 Seo Kang Joon and Esom reunites after 7 years and made up with a kiss

charm.png
Article: Naver A kiss soaked with tears 'The Third Charm' Seo Kang Joon  Esom, reunites after 7 years → begins dating
  • On Joon Young (Seo Kang Joon) finds out that Young Jae (Esom) broke up with him because of her brother who is going through a tough time and needed her emotional support. 
  • He apologizes to her and they make up with a kiss.  

1. [+875,-13]
The story is interesting. Seo Kang Joon's acting has gotten a lot better. I'm immersed in it. 

2. [+709,-7]
The female lead's situation made my heart hurt. ㅠㅠㅠ Under those kind of circumstances, boyfriend or whatever, she wouldn't need it. ㅠㅠ I'm having a hard time, who would listen to me? She wouldn't want to date men who can't sympathize with her. Under those circumstances, she wouldn't want to meet anyone for sure. 

3. [+534,-9]
Seo Kang Joon is so handsome that I didn't know he's so good at acting. I really like his gaze. 

4. [+171,-3]
Going to be a first broadcast killer tomorrow too. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+153,-10]
Love you, Kang Joon-ah. ♡

6. [+126,-4]
No, but the immersion is no joke.. I teared up without knowing while watching Young Jae cry. When Joon Young apologized for not knowing anything, my tears flowed out. 1 hr passed by so quickly. The acting, story development, and music, they are all good. 

7. [+63,-2]
Seo Kang Joon ㅠㅠㅠ His acting is really good. 

8. [+58,-3]
Seo Kang Joon is somehow sexy and cute that his charms are exploding. Esom is good too. 

9. [+55,-3]
Seo Kang Joon's acting is so real. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ His teeth correction acting, and even his drunk acting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Article: Naver 'The Third Charm' Seo Kang Joon to Esom, "Are you happy to see me?"

1. [+733,-15]
Seo Kang Joon's acting is good... To be honest, he should gain recognition for it. ㅠㅠ

2. [+303,-13]
Third Charm is interesting, but people don't even watch it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Please watch Seo Kang Joon before saying anything. 

3. [+213,-4]
I really, really like dramas like this one. ㅠㅠ

4. [+144,-4]
His acting when he's drunk is really good. 

5. [+52,-1]
Why did they break up at 27.. Is it because of the other man?? Ah, by the way, On Joon Young is so handsome. ㅠㅠ

6. [+53,-4]
So pretty. 

7. [+46,-1]
What is the genre of this drama? Why do I keep tearing up~ it's fun~

8. [+39,-0]

I had guessed it when Yang Dong Geun did labour work... 

I'm loving Seo Kang Joon more after this drama. His acting is impressive and the storyline is more realistic and relatable than AYHT. Esom is winning me over and I like that bestie actress Lee Yoon Ji too. The ost is good as well.

Yes. The thread here is rather quiet but who cares as the rating is good for a cable chanel.

The main reason must be due to the sudden influx of a number of good dramas.

OTTOKE, I'm stuck with 5 dramas now!:blush:

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Initially like JY , i felt a stab in my heart when she seemed so frivolous in their first encounter after 7 years. "That witch who broke my heart and she seemed like she didn't care." But as the hour unfolded, JY (and us ) got to see that it wasn't even about her own demons that she was fighting. She was a 20 year old who was forced to grow up even faster than she already had - dealing with her tragedy of her brother's accident. She probably had to take on the financial strains of the brother's medical bill , and not to mention his emotional and physical recovery would have made it difficult for her to think about anything else.

Can’t agree anymore about the underrating of this drama on soompi :tears: I thinks it was the same for are you human too ! 

I have only started watching this...just finished ep.2, will try to quickly catch up on the thread before commenting further.... liking it so far... SKJ is a dedicated actor for willing to be "uglified", respect! And he acted being dorky awkward very well too.... *thumbs up*

@the girl who! ahhhhh! Thank you so much for posting the OST! I have been looking for this song since I heard it and have not been able to find it and it was driving me crazy! I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!! So beautifully sung and is so perfect for their kiss scene! 

Archived