[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

After watching the first episode with subtitles I must say: I've loved it!

I have been with a smile on my face all the time and It's been like I thought It would be: very enjoyable.

I think we see them in their 20's maybe 1 or 2 episodes more and maybe I'm going to want more, because they are super cute.

I can't wait for tomorrow episode!

I LOVE everything about the first episode!

Laughed so hard.  Seo Kang Joon is hilarious, I cannot believe how funny he is! Esom is winsome and real, how can you not root for her!

Both leads are great together, lots of chemistry.  The On parents are just like my own. haha. The part where they watch Kdrama for the kiss to be disappointed by the freeze LOL.

The three dudes and their blind dates are gold.  

Still watching, really enjoy it so far :)

Ah such an adorable first episode! It was such a good way to end a day because it was so relaxing to watch :blush:

I love Joong Young so much lmaoooo Every moment of him makes me go "LOL what a nerd" but also he's me XD It's funny to see him being so nerdy but at the same time I'm like all other girls have made the wrong choice, this boy is going to be so handsome once those braces are off!

I love the sibling relationships in this drama tbh. The big brother is so supportive and he's so excited that his sister has a guy (boyfriend?) that she can practice on. Joong Young's little sister can be a bit much, but I guess that's what little sister is like? Torturing older brothers as they ride through their adolescent phase :joy: But then once she notices he's acting a bit different, she got really concerned and checked in on him multiple times and try to encourage him (in a non cheesy way because obviously, siblings can't say outwardly that they care for one another lmaoo)

One other thing I want to talk about is the kiss! Even in the kiss scene, the character personalities show clearly, as Joong Young analyzes the situation and put in deliberate thought about whether or not to go in for a kiss, Young Jae just jumps in without thinking, just like how her personality is described! Kudos to the writer for good writing that shows consistency even in small details like these. 

Overall it's a superb first episode! Seems like they're going to date in the next one :3 I remember reading somewhere that they're only going to date for three days though, so is it too soon to prepare for the heartbreak or should we just ignore it for now? :D

its been long time i post something here! Really loved first episode and wanted to comment so many times in between episode while i was watching :wub:  Usually I prefer to binge watch Asian dramas once they finish airing but looks like i got myself 2 currently going on dramas this season... I hope I wont regret it after some weeks lol :sweatingbullets:

For first thing, i was worried i might still see his last role/character on SKJ but I didnt even think of it once while watching this first ep it was amazing :o 
Reading character lead 4-5 character infos before starting helped me a lot to understand details & get into the story easier. 
My heart was beating so hard when their eyes meet after such a long time for first time! lol I cant believe i can fangirl on this level at this age :D:D
Love her broken but little happy family, their rooftop house looks amazing at night with scenery! But  cant say same thing for his family, esp his sister was tiresome to watch. Hope we wont get much screen time for her later on? lol 
Im sorry that she had such people called friends in high school<_<

I dont need to say anything on SKJ since i follow him/his works since Roommate days<3 But I need to add that I think i might found myself another fave actress :relieved:  she is so natural and lovable with her acting as this character.
That perm felt awkward at first (for me) but then i start to like how fluffy and cute it looks on him in preview lol:sweatingbullets: It will look even better after a day or so, if only they let curls gets free-style so it can look messy wavy hair..
ps. I missed watching JTBC dramas. They really has another aura from other channel dramas.

Cute start for this drama :) my only worry is how the writer is gonna handle their break up cycle. I think on and off coupe in drama often can be hard to watch because I often get frustrated about why they break up and make up, because they often have petty reasons. but if this writer can do it in a meaningful way and make it understandable why they break up and what make their third time different then I am all in! :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, sal2 said:

Cute start for this drama :) my only worry is how the writer is gonna handle their break up cycle. I think on and off coupe in drama often can be hard to watch because I often get frustrated about why they break up and make up, because they often have petty reasons. but if this writer can do it in a meaningful way and make it understandable why they break up and what make their third time different then I am all in! :thumbsup: 

I'm a bit concerned about that as well. I think relationships are often about timing, and I hope they show that in this drama even if there is pettiness and the like. 

Oh my, the preview for episode three.  Another kiss.  This is such a great drama!

Borrowing a translation for the preview from DramaMilk.  By the way, DramaMilk has posted the recaps for Episode 2 already.  I'm reading that now but I just had to skip down to the preview first and then I wanted to share it!

YJ – Ohn Joon Young, don’t you remember me?
JY – Seven years has passed.
JY – Don’t you feel anything?
YJ – Ohn Joon-young, you became an adult?
JY – Do you really not feel anything?
YJ – I thought about you sometimes.
JY – I am sorry. I didn’t know anything.
YJ – Joon-young?
JY – I am really sorry.
YJ – Where did you do your hair?

@triplem LOL, glad you were able to see E1, I will do the same for Room ( just for you my dear) LOL

OK, I have seen Coffee House and Worlds Within from the same PD, Pyo Min-soo.  I like his old school way of directing and visualization.  His world won't be all prettied up in an artificial way, expect organic, real, very i-phone ish way of cinematography.  There won't be lots of drone shots here. The first episode has the visuals perfect for the kind of relationships I am hoping for our 4 main characters.  His 2013 world is cute and reminds me of my own, down to the cell phones :D

I haven't watched E2.  @sal2 @Cecentre @qynn there are hints of good things coming, I hope we won't be disappointed.

From E1

• Like how the question was raised for our twentysomething just like it is for us regarding our careers. Young-Jae is the realistic one, her goal is to get a better life for herself and her own brother.  The shortest, most rewarding and less financially taxing.  She was a good student yet chose not to pursue the uni route, instead chose trade school. YJ doesn't seem to be naturally talented in the beginning, but her open mindedness and creativity tells me she is a natural entrepreneur.  The question now is if she has the perseverance to keep going at her dreams.  Love that Joon-Young's her first customer who trusted her hair designing opinion; her old HS friend was more reserved.   Joon-Young's OCD personalities lead him to an interest in science, chemistry, neuroscience where there are orders, processes, protocols which always are rigid and provide solutions.  One and only one correct answer to a problem.  He depends on things and situations that he can control and understand.  He mentioned about adrenaline in the subway incident as it leads you to do things spontaneously and impulsively.  His life is all about order so I loved it when he went out of his way to the police station knowingly that he may not be able to make up the missed minutes.  Hearing him adding up the subway traveling times was LOL moment.  
  • The convo between the two late at the salon tells how different our leads are at approaching life.  Joon-Young knows what he wants to do yet have no idea what his goal is.  Young-Jae knows her goal of getting RICH but is befuddled at what career will get her there.  If this drama is about them going, stopping, then changing directions as they grow individually as people aside from as a couple, then I am all for the breakups and reunions.
  • There's more than one way to a career and life's happiness.  This drama explores the traditional thinking that higher education is strongly ingrained into the psyche of highschoolers.  There is a place under the sun for everyone, our twenties are for us to explore our options and find our callings.  The trials and errors that we make should be celebrated for our courage to do such a thing outside of society's pressure.  We have to find the best fit for us.
  • I like that the men in this drama do dishes and like it.  Washing dishes is hard to start for me but once I am doing it, I find it is really relaxing. :lol:

I really like Esom’s character in this, probably more so than Seo Kang Joon’s character. Can’t wait to see how their relationship develop now that their paths have crossed again. Now that they are older and wiser, how would they relate with one another and make sense of what happened in their past. 

There was a scene in the preview of YJ hugging someone in hospital attire. Did her brother die? Is this related to the serial killer? :tears:

1 hour ago, 7psyche7 said:

I really like Esom’s character in this, probably more so than Seo Kang Joon’s character. Can’t wait to see how their relationship develop now that their paths have crossed again. Now that they are older and wiser, how would they relate with one another and make sense of what happened in their past. 

There was a scene in the preview of YJ hugging someone in hospital attire. Did her brother die? Is this related to the serial killer? :tears:

Hey, my thoughts are instead of the brother, YJ seems to lost her possible future sister-in-law and I believe it will somehow connected with the serial killer story. Because SJ's girlfriend isn't anywhere to be found on the character chart and will have connection with Lee Yoon Ji's character instead, so I believe the girlfriend will somehow disappear from the story.

I love the chemistry as much as how I feel with the teasers. Hope it keeps getting good because I don't want to drop this in the middle for story reason :(

Archived