[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

@gm4queen, I just finished watching all of the episodes. So the theory is that he got some power up from that ghost from the tunnel. I suppose that’s possible. I was thinking also that maybe the ghost told him how he can power up. Is it CW who had mentioned that when a ghost commit evil deeds they become powerful and that’s why the lady in red is extremely dangerous because she’s been committing evil deeds for decades? Maybe anger and muderous intent fall into that category. Often in supernatural shows there is a belief that lingering spirits that start to have desires and interfere with the human world will eventually become an evil spirit. Even Chicago Typewriter that I watched last weekend the shaman said something similar to a ghost.

I find they really increased the creepy stuff. I had to look away many times. I don’t like red eyes, black eyes and all that gory stuff. I’m just hanging on for the mystery and our budding investigative team. I like that even the attorney is helping them out. The preview seem to show increased police involvement. Things are getting more interesting.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, the lady in red played both DI and YW, well aware that DI would stop her from killing SWH and he would do it itself. Since he is a ghost, he intervened in the human world so that the evil spirit could finally be able to take total control of SWH's body. That's why she is no longer in the coma.

On the other hand I suspect love is the weapon that can defeat the lady in red/evil spirit. Notice that she keeps saying that she will kill anyone DI loves. To me, it underlines that the spirit hates love. The girl SWH/evil spirit kept mentioning anger and pain and in my opinion, these emotions represent the evil spirit's food. He can keep living thanks to these emotions...  so falling in love with a ghost could be exactly what the lady in red never wanted. I mean, maybe she felt that DI and YW would have fallen in love if he hadn't died. However, after his death, we all sense that DI has come to "love" YW. He will do anything to protect her. So a ghost loved by a human could become a deadly weapon. 

some viewers think that Lee Da-Il   is a fetch too (in a comma) and his spirit is roaming about.

by the way, did anyone notice that detective Han Sang-Sub (actor Kim Won-Hae) acted in "Are you human too?" in the role Sobong's dad? 

38 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@gm4queen, I just finished watching all of the episodes. So the theory is that he got some power up from that ghost from the tunnel. I suppose that’s possible. I was thinking also that maybe the ghost told him how he can power up. Is it CW who had mentioned that when a ghost commit evil deeds they become powerful and that’s why the lady in red is extremely dangerous because she’s been committing evil deeds for decades? Maybe anger and muderous intent fall into that category. Often in supernatural shows there is a belief that lingering spirits that start to have desires and interfere with the human world will eventually become an evil spirit. Even Chicago Typewriter that I watched last weekend the shaman said something similar to a ghost.

I find they really increased the creepy stuff. I had to look away many times. I don’t like red eyes, black eyes and all that gory stuff. I’m just hanging on for the mystery and our budding investigative team. I like that even the attorney is helping them out. The preview seem to show increased police involvement. Things are getting more interesting.

yes me too, gory stuff is so frightening :fearful:

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He he he...Thank you for mentioning me chingu...!!!! And OH YES...!! I am shipping them so hard now... Da Il :heart: Yeo Wool... They keep the silent mode, but their eyes tell it all.... And I am already editing a music video with this sweet couple....!! Hope we can have more "falling for him/her" scenes in upcoming eps...!! :D

And I also agree with you completely.. It's bad that the villain is the one who got all the powers.. NO WAY..!! Now Da Il is armed with a big power to defeat her.. :wub: I really like the way of unfolding the story...!!! It has its own style that making me addicted more & more...!! And you should watch eps 11-12...!! Da Il stabbed the lady in coma at the hospital...!! He got some secret powers to touch things from another ghost...!! ( the way is unclear) I really hope he wouldn't turn himself in to evil after stabbing that evil lady in first place..!! Can't wait to see the next eps...!!!!!!!

And as @kaedechan said, we directly need a kiss...!!!! He he he... Daniel is too hot to handle a kiss now...!!!! Just Imagine :D If Daniel & Eun Bin are gonna kiss in some ep, then they will become the hottest couple in K-dramaland...!!!! It's not too much to ask, isn't it guys...??!! :tounge_wink:

The silent mode speaking more then words and open romance here you can just fall  for the look in their eyes, their  faces while looking at each other in care , worryou, sad and longing mode, don't even talk about the music they use for their scenes and the songs :love: I am shipping  too , it a while since I was so much into shipping otp I was like liking them , enjoy  and it okay but her I am back to shipping 

Okay dreaming about kisses I am still not there , no so much hope for the sake of my poor heart but if I get a proper hug next 3 ep's it would be a miracle too ( please  drama land make me wrong and give us more, I don't mind being so wrong in that matter:joy:

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

some viewers think that Lee Da-Il   is a fetch too (in a comma) and his spirit is roaming about.

by the way, did anyone notice that detective Han Sang-Sub (actor Kim Won-Hae) acted in "Are you human too?" in the role Sobong's dad

I wish he is too , but the fact that the lady in red need to go back to her body but da-ll don't  make us worry that he really death.

But I can give another a logic reason for that, da-il is a new fetch  so he still can move around  without his body , maybe  the rules say that after a while  being a fetch  the body need the soul to come back to it so he can continue to live , the women in red was on coma for 24 years  so that maybe the reason she need to come back to her body every day as the keeptaker said her body will not accept  her anymore since she was a fetch for many years.( there also a stages of coma he maybe still in early  stage  not completely in coma and unconnected to his body to need to go back) 

Or another reason for da-ill being in coma but don't need to back to his body that he still a normal  ghost , if he turn  evil the body will start to refuse  him and he will need to keep connect  to his body like the women in red 

So I think there still hope he in coma and not death, hope that will kill me in the end if he is really death.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the lady in red played both DI and YW, well aware that DI would stop her from killing SWH and he would do it itself. Since he is a ghost, he intervened in the human world so that the evil spirit could finally be able to take total control of SWH's body. That's why she is no longer in the coma

Yeh  I think something want wrong or it simply that da-il  did the same mistake  the doctor mother did before and if he let yw kill her she will be death for sure, or it was a trick from the start from the lady in red or the man in tunnel  I guess  I will wait to see what they will give next week

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

On the other hand I suspect love is the weapon that can defeat the lady in red/evil spirit. Notice that she keeps saying that she will kill anyone DI loves. To me, it underlines that the spirit hates love. The girl SWH/evil spirit kept mentioning anger and pain and in my opinion, these emotions represent the evil spirit's food. He can keep living thanks to these emotions...  so falling in love with a ghost could be exactly what the lady in red never wanted. I mean, maybe she felt that DI and YW would have fallen in love if he hadn't died. However, after his death, we all sense that DI has come to "love" YW. He will do anything to protect her. So a ghost loved by a human could become a deadly weapon. 

It maybe love or something  also that have connect  with the reason  why yw  can see an touch da-il  but no matter what is you right dear, they focused more then once on how da-il  get better when yw beside  him ; a one touch from her make his body start your heal after being touched  by that women 

Even before da-il  start falling for her, yw was a special case to him , why she can see him? Touch him? Why she can hear the voices? How can she heal him??? And so many things, yw has something special, a secret  that she don't know about it herself, but one things for sure she the other one who really can win over that women evillenss and can keep da-il  safe from evil too.

But let my romance side say that it okay if the secret  was the power of love :blush: oh a ghost loved by human can be a deathly weapon :love: Yeh why not her love for him or at least her care saved him from the start , give him power to keep going , heal his old wound, and give him hope and reason to fight. Yw has become  da-ill  central now not just cause she the only one who can see, talk , touch him in the same time but cause he fall for her kindness, caring, loving, strong and weak  sides, I remember  the look in his eyes in front of her house after they said the  true to the chief when she wasn't worry about a evil women  trying to hunt  her or scaried from everything happing  to her but she was worry about da-il  if he will be okay alone in this few hours of rest his look was so soft and :heart:

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

:lol: Mind you, I am currently watching episode 10 and I had to come look for your response to this scene because the first thought came to my mind was @gm4queen will love this scene. It’s such an obvious hint that she might have a thing for him. I think it’s the romantic music and the way she kept looking at him in the side mirror and then the way she turned around to look at him with concern and the way she caressed his hand. ^_^ Then when she turned back around he opened his eyes and was looking at her in the side mirror. Heh. 

I haven’t finished the episode yet but I’m glad they’re gaining more allies because as I complained before, the story felt too unbalanced because of how helpless and fearful Da II and YW were and are when confronted with the lady in red who seem to have no weakness. It’s frustrating to watch a one sided battle. 

I just finished written about da-il feeling above but they really keep the hints and little things to make us fall on the love line 

Hey dear ghost detective team it so much hints and touching  feeling every ep's so don't even dear to say there  no romance line , just hearing the full of love ost's is a crime so we need a mercy too.

About da-il have power too Yeh we all wished to see him beat that women and that man and have more power to make action in human world , sadly I think it comes with the worst price.

11 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Very same here.... I too don't like the creepy stuff. I really hate them..!! But I must say that the visual effects in this drama are so perfect... They look so realistic!! That's why we are afraid of them this much...!! And our investigative team is just everything...!! But why is the attorney helping Da Il without any questions..?? Remember Yeo Wool had the same problem... Either the attorney has a crush on him or she's just double crossing him... Let's see..!!

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the lady in red played both DI and YW, well aware that DI would stop her from killing SWH and he would do it itself. Since he is a ghost, he intervened in the human world so that the evil spirit could finally be able to take total control of SWH's body. That's why she is no longer in the coma.

I had this thought since the beginning of the drama that, if they fall in love, then their love will either be their biggest strength or their biggest weakness... But with your ideas about love, now I also think that their love will be their biggest weapon..!! Da Il clearly has feelings for Yeo Wool & he doesn't know it yet..!! It's said that love concurs it all.... So when he feels his love for her, his heart will gain an ultimate power to protect her...!! And she is the only relief to his wounded heart...!! Then he would be unstoppable...!!

9 hours ago, nona88 said:

But let my romance side say that it okay if the secret  was the power of love :blush: oh a ghost loved by human can be a deathly weapon :love: Yeh why not her love for him or at least her care saved him from the start , give him power to keep going , heal his old wound, and give him hope and reason to fight. Yw has become  da-ill  central now not just cause she the only one who can see, talk , touch him in the same time but cause he fall for her kindness, caring, loving, strong and weak  sides, I remember  the look in his eyes in front of her house after they said the  true to the chief when she wasn't worry about a evil women  trying to hunt  her or scaried from everything happing  to her but she was worry about da-il  if he will be okay alone in this few hours of rest his look was so soft and :heart:

Oh yes... they were destined to meet since the start..!! And now they are gonna be the strength of each other....!! Da Il knows that she is weak inside although she looks tough outside..!! So he wants her by his side to protect her...!! And in the next preview, looks like our police detective is surrendered himself for saving Yeo Wool being the murderer... And oops, he loves her so much!! But you can't have her, boy!! :D She belongs to someone else...!! :heart: I didn't even think that I would ship Da Il & Yeo Wool this much when I started the show, but now it's all about them...!! Waiting for the next week so madly...!!!!!!

On 9/18/2018 at 11:41 PM, packmule3 said:

@gm4queen, It has nothing to do with him being "untouchable" or "touchable." It has something to do with being solid, liquid or gas. lol.

The doorknob is solid.  As a gaseous matter, DI cannot exert pressure on the doorknob to move it.  It's really easy when you try to recall your 3rd grade science lessons on matter. :)

Le Da-Il and the Woman in Red are NOT at all the same. 

The Woman in Red can pick up objects, i.e., the lollipop and the shard of glass that she handed to Da-Il's mom. On the other hand, Da-Il canNOT grasp nor manhandle solid (except for YeoWool and food that's been offered to him). 

Additionally, the Woman in Red has a different temperature from Lee Da-Il.

Remember when the medical officer Chae Won touched the dead dog to see what happened to it before dying? 

She saw two blurry images. One was DI trying to get away from the dog. And the other was the Woman in Red petting the dog. Chae Won was looking UP at the Woman from the dog’s perspective and she FELT the WOMAN’S hand. She snatched her hand away and said in a surprised voice, “Your hand. It’s cold…and burning.” She was referring to Woman. Then she whispered, “What’s this? What were you so scared of?” 

When Chae Won touched the spirit of DI, she did NOT jump back in shock. His face felt neither cold nor burning like that of Woman in Red. 

They also move differently. Le Da-IL has to physically run to get from Point A to Point B while the Woman in Red can vanish from Point A and transport herself to Point B in a flash. 

Lastly, Da-Il seems to possess the power of a poltergeist. When he's angry, he can make things move, shake, collapse, and shatter. Just like what he did to his mother's home in Episode 3. He damaged that property.

The Woman in Red, however, cannot do that. According to Da-Il, she has no power of her own but she can manipulate people's mind -- those weak and dark minds.  

So, no, they're different.  

HI @packmule3

They are different, as of now. 

Chae Won warned Da-Il not to use/develop any  powers because each ability he gains will cause him dearly,  (loss of humanity move towards evil)

Last episode he could open the door and more. 

Watching this drama now and then. I have to wait for the weekend when I can see it during the day.  I'm also deliberately missing the scary moments so I will be missing lots of stuff.

Liking it so far.

This is the first kdrama I've seen that I felt would work as a series with more than one seasons.

Hmm.. I also assumed that if he really was a ghost, the longer he stays in the human world, he may begin to resent the living and therefore become evil.

Actually I now fear that in his desperate fight to defeat the Woman and save Yeo Wool, he has to become more corporeal.

9 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

This music video so beautiful~~~~:heart:

Yes dear...!! I watched it..And I am also releasing my music video next week.... Hope you all will like it..!! :heart:

And I am so happy that even without the official romance, our sweet couple is so popular among the fans.....!! Daniel & Eun Bin are so cute together....!!!!!!! :D

21 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes dear...!! I watched it..And I am also releasing my music video next week.... Hope you all will like it..!! :heart:

And I am so happy that even without the official romance, our sweet couple is so popular among the fans.....!! Daniel & Eun Bin are so cute together....!!!!!!! :D

Please let us know when you release it! Support!

1 hour ago, Heidi Seow said:

Please let us know when you release it! Support!

Yes dear...!! I'll upload it on you tube and post the link in here.... !!! I hope you guys are gonna love it...!!!!! :heart:

And now back on the track.... The preview for the next eps shows that there are 4 people dead in the room....!! Two of them are the male nurse & and the lady in red.... But who the other two might be...?? Any guesses????.........

8 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes dear...!! I'll upload it on you tube and post the link in here.... !!! I hope you guys are gonna love it...!!!!! :heart:

And now back on the track.... The preview for the next eps shows that there are 4 people dead in the room....!! Two of them are the male nurse & and the lady in red.... But who the other two might be...?? Any guesses????.........

Could it be hallucination? Coz the police said lady in red is missing now.. and suddenly last part the lady in red change her cloth style.. she looks alive to me.. :confused:

@gm4queen I don't think, one of the corpses is SWH. She is pretty much alive. In my opinion, the caretaker and the nurse are the persons who died. As for the two others, they could be patients or guards from the hospital. Remember that there was one guy who witnessed the crazy behaviour of the caretaker. Maybe he could have followed him as well and seen YW entering the room.

Hey all you chingus. Just so know I've been watching this ( though KBSworld- shows all the episodes)  just haven't posted much in the thread through. I'm actually  engrossed with this  drama. I see my fav chingus here.. let me back read to read posts to fully understand the story and scenes.

I'm confused, the lady with red eye  as well as the guy on the street the one sweeping.. they're ghost too? Because they can see LDI

10 hours ago, hushhh said:

HI @packmule3

They are different, as of now. 

Chae Won warned Da-Il not to use/develop any  powers because each ability he gains will cause him dearly,  (loss of humanity move towards evil)

Last episode he could open the door and more. 

Watching this drama now and then. I have to wait for the weekend when I can see it during the day.  I'm also deliberately missing the scary moments so I will be missing lots of stuff.

Liking it so far.

This is the first kdrama I've seen that I felt would work as a series with more than one seasons.

hi there, @hushhh! How have you been? 

Yes, just finished Episodes 5 and 6 a few hours ago (so I discovered that he could open doors now and punch madmen. Hurray for him!). Will start writing my review later tonight.  

@staygold had asked me about the tunnel scene in Episode 6 and I posted a long reply in blog with a few pictures. We both thought that the tunnel was some sort of "twilight zone." 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/09/23/the-ghost-detective-fetch-part-2

I believe he was gripping his hands here because his frustration stems from his inability to use them....

bVsSzl8.jpg

I agree with you. I can foresee this drama extending to a second season or more, as long as the writer doesn't overdo it with the romance bit. IMO, the show loses its edge when it narrows down to developing the plot of a shipping couple instead of exploring what makes bad people tick, how individual weaknesses could be converted into a group strength, and so on. 

I can manage that scary parts of this show. Hahaha. Unlike you, I don't have to wait till daytime. I just wait till after dinner when my husband and I can leisurely watch our own shows side-by-side.  

But I did take a peek at that other ghost story, The Guest. That one, I couldn't last more than a minute. Besides, I don't think it's a good idea for me to watch that show when I live in a house where the number of rooms is more than quadruple the number of inhabitants. It's bothersome going from one room to another expecting a bloodied hand or a bludgeoned head to pop out any second behind my shoulder. 

See you later. Stay brave! 

pm3

8 hours ago, packmule3 said:

hi there, @hushhh! How have you been? 

Yes, just finished Episodes 5 and 6 a few hours ago (so I discovered that he could open doors now and punch madmen. Hurray for him!). Will start writing my review later tonight.  

@staygold had asked me about the tunnel scene in Episode 6 and I posted a long reply in blog with a few pictures. We both thought that the tunnel was some sort of "twilight zone." 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/09/23/the-ghost-detective-fetch-part-2

I believe he was gripping his hands here because his frustration stems from his inability to use them....

I agree with you. I can foresee this drama extending to a second season or more, as long as the writer doesn't overdo it with the romance bit. IMO, the show loses its edge when it narrows down to developing the plot of a shipping couple instead of exploring what makes bad people tick, how individual weaknesses could be converted into a group strength, and so on. 

I can manage that scary parts of this show. Hahaha. Unlike you, I don't have to wait till daytime. I just wait till after dinner when my husband and I can leisurely watch our own shows side-by-side.  

But I did take a peek at that other ghost story, The Guest. That one, I couldn't last more than a minute. Besides, I don't think it's a good idea for me to watch that show when I live in a house where the number of rooms is more than quadruple the number of inhabitants. It's bothersome going from one room to another expecting a bloodied hand or a bludgeoned head to pop out any second behind my shoulder. 

See you later. Stay brave! 

pm3

I'm good, mostly.

Learning to integrate a personal loss into my new reality/normal.

Lots of work.  Lack of focus is a plague.

You sound good.  Hope how your sound fits your reality.

Back to Ghost Detective.  I applaud your courage. Excessive violence and "jump stories" aren't my thing so I have to use my finger blinders.. The storyline is interesting enough stick with it for now despite the horror.

Fetch:  I really appreciate the drama naming the phenomenon of a wandering spirit of a comatose patient.  That situation has been in a few kdramas, but it is the first time I've noticed its been named.  I'm not sure if the term fetch is specific to a malevolent spirit.

I read someone's theory that Da-Il is actually in a coma somewhere? It's a theory I'm willing to entertain but also a theory that I'm willing to discard when enough evidence tells me to.

The unidentified body that was wheeled out of the medical examiner's lab could well be Da-Il and they are able to keep the suspense going by having the medical examiner Gil Chae-Won to only be able to sense Ghost-Da-Il instead of seeing him.  I image that at some point she will come across an image of him.

So as how now there is a mystery about Da-Il human remains.  If the unidentified body is his, who found him in that remote spot? Why isn't an unidentified bosy a situation the police are investigating? Why isn't it news? I'd expect Officer Park to be aware of the [Korean version of] John Doe and link it to Da-Il.

The question is, if Da-Il is in a coma somewhere is who took his body, why, and where?  Who--Jeon Deok-Joong seems the most likely body snatcher.  Why--to protect Sun Woo-Hye. Where?  Who knows.  If JDJ is taking care of Da-Il's body in secret and he dies, then Da-Il is, the technical term is, screwed.  If JDJ manage to register him as a John Doe in a hospital somewhere then maybe Da-Il's body and spirit can be reunited.  If not, well, then not.

My Da-Il's in a coma stance is not about maintaining a OTP.  The vibe I'm getting right now from this drama is more about creating a family of misfit that finding soulmate.  Okay.  It is about "soulmates" but in a totally different sense.

I really like Gil Chae-Won and Park.  Park seems an interesting character.  Looking forward to his backstory.

I'm curious what connects Sun Woo-Hye's victims. 

EDIT: Just read Bitchesoverdrama and of course one condition for killing a fetch couldn't have been met because you can't eliminate the as Buffy would say, "the big bad" this early in the story arc when we don't even have a junior bad waiting to take over.

I don't think Sun Woo-Hye spirit was not in her body when she got stab.  I get the sense when she is with her body she is usually in her body.  Despite that we had an image of her caressing her body. JDJ said she would have (was having) issues getting into her body which is why he was hunting a new vessel for her. 

I missed a lot of the Han Sang-Sub push towards death because I didn't want to watch it.  I'm accept I'm going to miss a lot of information by not watching every minute of the show.

Just want to add something...!!

Da Il's abilities are limited b'cause he's a good ghost...!! (Well, according to Chae Won) And he has to be evil in order to gain powers....!! He knew that Yeo Wool read the web site about male nurse.... And he also desperately wanted to read it.. But he can't touch the mouse... Then he was so frustrated... He must have sensed that Yeo Wool will be in danger... And that thought made him mad st the moment b'cause he wants to protect Yeo Wool...!! So he went back to tunnel & what he just did to gain a dramatic power at once....????!! It must be a evil exchange for sure... NO!! NO!! NO!! Don't turn in to evil Da Il.... "Evil" doesn't suit your image..!!!! :D

And everyone is shipping our OTP so hard now.... And I have another review of love here... What is the lady in red's weakness..?? She hates love... That's her biggest weakness.... She can only be defeated by love... If so, our OTP has to fall in love...!! Da Il & Yeo Wool have to fall in love :heart:... Then gradually, they will realize that their love is the only weapon which can destroy the evil spirit...!!!!

He he he... This is only my idea.. Like to know your ideas also..!!

Did or does anyone see the detective bow to LDI at the hospital? And when She turned to grab DI's hand in the car? He did notice and got anry/jealous?  

Boo just two episodes this week BUT I can finally get around to finishing Moonshine and Valentine and The Undatables at are Long over due in completing..been on the back burner for to long.

Also, patiently waiting for Joy's OST release for the drama :grimace:

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Due to Chuseok holidays Ghost Detective won't air this wednesday. Episode 13 and 14 will air on Thursday instead. :)

My thoughts exactly... :o Thanks for the confirmation....!! It is said that there will be a special broadcast of "The Ghost Detective" on Sep 26... I barely manage myself till next Wednesday & now, wait another day....! YEAH, that's great!!! :confused:

Archived