[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, thistle said:

Inserting your comments into my quote makes it look as though I have said something that I have not.  

REally. 

Answering that way is a practice I've seen and done often.  First time I've seen a complaint.  Out of respect, I'll separate our ideas.

Now my friends  we are just in Ep 6 we need another 2 ep's to be get to the half of the drama, but so many things  already  happened that I feel like I was watching  this drama for more longer ep's I am woundering here if they killed the leading man in ep 1, by ep 2 he a ghost , by ep 4 we know the backstory  of him and Yw  and we already know how the lady in  red using people, by ep 6 we find the lady on red , know her name, at least her start story and even find her and almost  killing her !!

Is it just me here who wondering what they going to do when we get to ep 10?? :smirk: I like that they not dragging the same mystery and keep it till the end but they choice to give facts and start new  hidden and darker mystery every week:heart:( at first I thought we going to know who that woman in the last 4 ep's) 

Now  this week we have ep 7 and we have that women with new form  and power , da-il  new ghost road, Yw start to take action alone and start to break down in her sadness  ( really you need a break down, to cry , get angry, hit someone just have time to be  get all that burden out of you) so many things, I am here woundering what they going to do next ?? Do we need to be ready for even more crazy  and new evil soul coming too !! They shown so much about that women so early  that it make think that maybe she just the start for something bigger!!!!

Okay that was the mystery part , now the human part or romance part as each one want to see, how yw  will act after what da-Il  did ?? Stoping her and that make them fail, getting  evil power for her, not letting her act as she wanted and how to face  his new power and changing?? From what  I saw from the preview  she wasn't so happy  about what happened, 

Yw now even a suspected in the police eyes 

And da-il  now after his new power how can he act?? Are he going to show other that he death and he now here as ghost after all he can now prove it ?? How he going to face Yw  and his feeling of wanted  to protect  her that cross the limit of what she  asking for . I think he now know how much she important to him, he not stupid or act without thinking and he know the risks of what he did but  he choice that over the risk of Yw  getting  hurt  or trun  to be a killer ( for my romance dreamer  that a good chance to get some progress :love:)

It going to be interesting having this two facing each other now , Yw was so much  understanding, caring, trusting and holding  till now, but I think she need to lose a little too , she need to break down too since holding so much don't seem right for her now .

I like her power and strength but in emotional level  I know she just need a break, that so much for her clam and standing fast reaction, and in the last two ep's it start to show up how much stress she in  and holding behind her limited  

P.s. I like the police  officer who in love with Yw but dear he going to have hard time that da-il  can touch human  ( he keep making him angry so much) I guess next da-Il going at least to prove  that he a ghost to the police  officer  if he need his help to clear Yw they need him to believe in him and that lady as ghosts  ( and I want him to feel jealous from a known reason :tounge_xd:

Agree your theory @nona88!

What I concerned right now is what will happened on Da Il? Is he really stabbed on lady in red? Coz all I saw is not stabbed on her heart or somewhere dead point. Will he change his character after this incident happened? 

Let's be patience wait for ep 13 & 14. Hopefully there is a new clues coming out. :smile:

I was just checking my dash over on Tumblr and saw a post by user overthinkingdrama.  It expresses exactly what I often feel in regards to drama OTP.  (I haven't asked if I could quote this but I hope overthinkingdrama won't mind.)

You know guys…shipping 2 characters together does not necessarily mean that you believe a happy or healthy relationship is possible for them. Or even that you necessarily want it to be. Sometimes a doomed love is appealing for its fractures and not in spite of them.

......................oh eek!  I just realized that I posted after myself instead of editing the previous post.  Apologies!

Just reading posts by our chingus...!!

And I agree with you @nona88 completely... I really like the fact that they aren't dragging the story unnecessarily. They are all focusing on the important facts..!! We have only 6 hours till now of this drama...!! But within those 6 hours, we got to learn about so many things about everyone..!! In each episode, we get to know new facts about the characters & It's very important for the development of the plot...!!

And as @Heidi Seow said, what'll happen to Da Il..??!! I mean there was a big twist right at the 1st ep where he became a ghost & changed the plot... And now this might be another twist to change the plot back to its normal position...!!?? No, it's too early, I think...!! But anyway, let's wait and watch...!! There are always more to come... :)

40 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And as @Heidi Seow said, what'll happen to Da Il..??!! I mean there was a big twist right at the 1st ep where he became a ghost & changed the plot... And now this might be another twist to change the plot back to its normal position...!!?? No, it's too early, I think...!! But anyway, let's wait and watch...!! There are always more to come... :)

Hahahah! Yes @gm4queen! I think is too early to become normal position :lol: coz now only episode 6... too early to become normal.... Anyway, prepare to get huge surprise! Who know we missing some points which is we didn't notice yet.. 

19 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Question to be thrown out there.

Now that YW accepts that Da-Il is a ghost, there seems to be no urgency in finding where his body actually is?

I think they know he was killed by the Woman or the minion but where is his body?

Yes, i was wondering about that too. If he's really truly dead, why didn't they just show his body/corpse? why is there still no confirmation about that unknown male body in the morgue? why the delay? the mystery is killing me :crazy:

I think I remembering Daniel recalling on Happy Together that there was hints of romance, and in this interview as well :) (edit - just watched the interview in full and they are so funny together haha)

Anyways this drama is great, it's got the right about of everything and it isn't too scary for me to watch. The main villian is literally like one of those dementors in the Harry Potter series, that gets drawn into people's weakness. 

1 hour ago, kasjady said:

I think I remembering Daniel recalling on Happy Together that there was hints of romance, and in this interview as well :) (edit - just watched the interview in full and they are so funny together haha)

Anyways this drama is great, it's got the right about of everything and it isn't too scary for me to watch. The main villian is literally like one of those dementors in the Harry Potter series, that gets drawn into people's weakness. 

Thank you for sharing the video... :wub:

And yes... Harry Potter comes also in my mind some times as I watch TGD..!! The lady in red is not less than those dementors..!! And this is like the Korea version of Harry Potter..!! :D ( Both are Daniels...he he ) But with a lots of differences...!!

And I've watched both Happy Together & the above video...!! WOW.. Daniel & Eun Bin are so perfect...!! They have a great chemistry off screen...!! And they look so comfortable with each other...!! That's why they are so great on screen :heart: And Daniel said himself that there is romance in the series, so that's it boy...!! Go for it!! :love:  We are waiting...!! :yum:

I have the feeling that DI is not dead but in the coma. Why? I am quite sure that DI as a ghost will represent a thread to her at some point, hence in order to get rid of him, she will have to find his body. So a dead body would be strange... since we are shown that the evil spirit in SWH has entirely taken control of SWH's body and mind. Since we saw the patient in the coma crying (a tear fell from one eye), we can assume that SWH's soul was not entirely lost. There was a part in her that was still human. 

Let me know what you think about it...

@bebebisous33 I hope that you are right!  As I have said all too often on this thread, it guts me that DI is dead.  No matter how many tropes or plot twists it might take, I would want him to be alive because I want the romance to be alive, too.

In the meantime, I am still trying to make my peace with the "dead" storyline.  I understand that such a story makes for stronger feelings between the lead characters.  It's actually good for viewers when we have to struggle with things we don't like in a drama because that means that the writer is getting the job done properly.  We have to care or a drama is no good.  This drama makes me upset; that means I care; and that means it's working.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have the feeling that DI is not dead but in the coma. Why? I am quite sure that DI as a ghost will represent a thread to her at some point, hence in order to get rid of him, she will have to find his body. So a dead body would be strange... since we are shown that the evil spirit in SWH has entirely taken control of SWH's body and mind. Since we saw the patient in the coma crying (a tear fell from one eye), we can assume that SWH's soul was not entirely lost. There was a part in her that was still human. 

I was wondering till now what to say dear...!!

Many viewers say that he's not dead, but has to be in coma like the lady in red...!! And according to Chae Won's logic,  her spirit returns to her body every night, but no such thing seems to happen with Da Il..!! He is same all the time... I am also confused with him..!! And his body is also disappeared.. Does it mean that he's alive somewhere..??!!

Now, all we need is a clue.. I hope the writer gives us a hint in next eps that he's in somewhere..!!. I really want to know what's up with Da Il..??!! :huh: He can't defeat the lady in red as a human, so the writer turned him in to a ghost..!! Yes, it's very understandable..!! But he must be alive somehow or how come he & Yeo Wool fall in love with each other...?? Then it will be useless... And what if Yeo Wool's love can turn him in to a human again...??!! Otherwise the ending of this drama will be a really sad one... He'll vanished forever defeating the lady in red..!! Oh no, I am dreaming here...!! :confused: So let's wait & watch dear...!! There are more to come :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

I was wondering till now what to say dear...!!

Many viewers say that he's not dead, but has to be in coma like the lady in red...!! And according to Chae Won's logic,  her spirit returns to her body every night, but no such thing seems to happen with Da Il..!! He is same all the time... I am also confused with him..!! And his body is also disappeared.. Does it mean that he's alive somewhere..??!!

Now, all we need is a clue.. I hope the writer gives us a hint in next eps that he's in somewhere..!!. I really want to know what's up with Da Il..??!! :huh: He can't defeat the lady in red as a human, so the writer turned him in to a ghost..!! Yes, it's very understandable..!! But he must be alive somehow or how come he & Yeo Wool fall in love with each other...?? Then it will be useless... And what if Yeo Wool's love can turn him in to a human again...??!! Otherwise the ending of this drama will be a really sad one... He'll vanished forever defeating the lady in red..!! Oh no, I am dreaming here...!! :confused: So let's wait & watch dear...!! There are more to come :thumbsup:

Didn't they show his body at the morgue? Right after his `spirit` gets out, he walks to the NFS office, and we see a covered unidentified body (they only show as one toe) being taken out from the examination room as Da Il is standing in the hallway looking.

6 minutes ago, Hannahmiriam said:

Didn't they show his body at the morgue? Right after his `spirit` gets out, he walks to the NFS office, and we see a covered unidentified body (they only show as one toe) being taken out from the examination room as Da Il is standing in the hallway looking.

Well, it could be but it could be a red herring too.

11 hours ago, kaedechan said:
11 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Question to be thrown out there.

Now that YW accepts that Da-Il is a ghost, there seems to be no urgency in finding where his body actually is?

I think they know he was killed by the Woman or the minion but where is his body?

Yes, i was wondering about that too. If he's really truly dead, why didn't they just show his body/corpse? why is there still no confirmation about that unknown male body in the morgue? why the delay? the mystery is killing me :crazy:

To keep us wondering between  hopeful thoughts and tragedy hints 

He a live or they would show the body 

No they keeping the body away to keep us on hope but he death ..

So many reasons and thought that what they doing with us , but I have a theory why he a live , some friends here say that if was killed  and unknown body was found then they should be in news or someone investigation it. but let forget the news he maybe not so important to go on news when in the same day was the case of the children's were saved and  kidnapped killed herself  in horrible way and all the media was busy with the teacher and the school hands in kids kidnapping.

But do we forget something important , yw  and chief go to search  for da-il  body  only a few  days after his death the place that supposed to be a crime scene  for a murderer case and unkwon person left without yellow tabe  or police officer to guard it or any sign that was so many officer searching !!!!! I mean isn't that the baise investigation especially In murder  case?? Especially in open big land ?? Especially  after exams the body and know that wasn't accident death ( I watched  many crime and police Korean drama they have a standard too) 

That why I think he not death , it not  a murder place so or that he was found by police and send to the hospital but he still a live so they waiting for him to wake up to know detail , or someone also hidden  his body if it a live  or death body , but I don't think he a death body that the police had found.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree there more still on the swh case , and i have just add another reason to the long list of the  hopeful friends  here to believe that da-il  is a life or at least someone take his body and that not the police so there still hope I guess 

9 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you for sharing the video... :wub:

And yes... Harry Potter comes also in my mind some times as I watch TGD..!! The lady in red is not less than those dementors..!! And this is like the Korea version of Harry Potter..!! :D ( Both are Daniels...he he ) But with a lots of differences...!!

And I've watched both Happy Together & the above video...!! WOW.. Daniel & Eun Bin are so perfect...!! They have a great chemistry off screen...!! And they look so comfortable with each other...!! That's why they are so great on screen :heart: And Daniel said himself that there is romance in the series, so that's it boy...!! Go for it!! :love:  We are waiting...!! :yum:

Yes he said there a romance for sure there why the actors  bit so  much feeling in each glance to each  other if it wasn't a planned Romance from the start, happy to seem get along so well of the screen that for sure affect how much amazing on screen  chemistry they so us :heart:  

10 hours ago, kasjady said:

Thanks for sharing it :heart:  harry Potter  :joy: why not suddenly  everyone  has a hidden power, secret, pain and they all meet  to solve the same mystery and fight the evilness so let it be harry Potter  but can  I ask for some magic to spread on our otp in the way of fighting evil!!

1 hour ago, Hannahmiriam said:

As I recall, they showed "a body" at the morgue.  A body.  We were not shown whose body.  It may or not be DI.

The thing that struck me most about that scene was that the body on the morgue gurney seemed too short to be DI.  I remember having a sense of relief like, "oh, it can't be him because Choi Daniel is very tall" and he would have filled the length of the gurney; the body that was on there did not.  There was space at either end; thus, as far as I could imagine, not DI.

Maybe I'm not remembering details properly so I could be wrong but that's why I have never believed that this particular morgue body could be his. 

Archived