Quantcast

On 9/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, ellelyana88 said:

Although most of the exorcisms I witnessed were not from the Christianity perspectives (most were from Islamic perspectives), but I've seen 1 from Christianity and 1 from Pagan. The common thing is they always ask the demon to identify itself (themselves, if there were many). Then, just as you said, the intensity of the ritual  depends on what demon is present. The creepiest is the one who can recite the prayer along with the exorcist and mocking everyone's faith. In this case, those who are weak-willed or can't stand the mockery were asked to leave immediately. Urgghh, remembering that one still makes me shiver and get goosebumps! :wacko:

Hi @ellelyana88 I'm interested in your post. Can I ask how come you are there to witness the exorcisms? Wow..you must be a very brave person to be there to witness.

Hi @LyraYoo chingu :D it's good to see you in this thread too. I have not been very active in Soompi lately but I'm back due to the many Korean dramas I was and still watching. Are you at The Ghost Detective too?

• Like 2

Can't help lol-ing watching the scene when the female detective hitting the possessed man and made him ran away. lol Saving the priest and HP 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Hi @ellelyana88 I'm interested in your post. Can I ask how come you are there to witness the exorcisms? Wow..you must be a very brave person to be there to witness.

Ah, it's a long story if I am to recall each and every of it. But the first time I witnessed an exorcism which I mentioned in my previous post, I was still in elementary, about 10 years old. The younger sister of the possessed was my childhood friend, and my neighbour next 2 doors. I was already in the house in my friend's room (We always stay over at each other's house) when a group of people came into the house to perform exorcism as the parents requested for it. We peeked from behind the door curtain in her room as they performed the exorcism. It was not a demon, but a Jinn living in the forest, and their daughter brought home something belong to it (I am not sure what it was because we get scared when her sister start talking in hoarse voice and screaming when the exorcist recite the prayer as the Jinn refuse to identify itself at first and refuse to come out from the body). As far as I remember, the exorcist manage to get the Jinn out, then they returned the thing and the Jinn to its place in the forest. The Jinn just want its belonging back and return to the forest.

That was the first time I ever witness an exorcism (without any knowledge about it during that time), yet that was the lightest one among 6 exorcisms I've witnessed (As I've witnessed the one with a demon which can recite and even reverse-recite the prayer and also one with mutiple of "them")  :sweatingbullets:  I am not exactly brave even though I've witnessed the exorcism many times ,(I did have nightmares and feeling afraid before I get older and became used & know what's the deal with it), each experience was either because I happened to be there or hold some responsibility to be there or because I have experience @ some background knowledge @ know some people regarding exorcism or they need extra help (e.g., they need extra hand from a female if the possessed was female). Partly, it was because I have the willingness and interest to help and be there. This may sounds like possession and exorcism happened a lot of time, but it was not just possession only, but also some other type (I am not so sure how to address the different types in English. For example, the "thing" has been a "guardian" to a family contracted since their ancestors time, but the descendent unwilling to accept and continue such tradition, so that thing been wandering and harm others). In the place I live, exorcism practice is a known subject and as alternative to modern medicine if nothing can be done or detected at the hospital (not even psychiatric problem). 

@alekaonu I just realized you sent me a message while composing this reply. LOL! But, I guess I will just submit this post since I already ype it out and chat with you further privately. Haha! Sorry for the spam story everyone! :sweatingbullets:

Edited by ellelyana88
  • Like 2

Episode 5: The women who are possesed scare me more than the men because somehow I perceive women as softer and gentler even when possessed. When they become crazed and unreasonable because they have been "possesed" their actions are more bizzare to me and more frightening. Priest Yang is acting very shady, the priest who founded the "Sharing Hands" charity organization. When he was talking and shaking hands with the lady politician it seemed so suspicious, that even Mateo was looking at the lady and Priest Yang and he asked how Priest Yang knew the lady. Priest Yang explained that the lady is a supporter of the Sharing Hands charity endeavors. But then the lady politician scared the ramen out of me when she yelled at the chief police officer to stop the investigation of the death of Priest Choi the brother of Mateo. I thought Mateo was able to sense something not right with the lady politician when he was looking at her intently as if trying to read her intentions or her mind. The young woman at the ending of 5 was also scary yet pitiful because she could not help herself. The evil spirit possesor is very clever and crafty, it made HP and Mateo look like they were assaulting her. She was recommended for exorcism to Mateo by priest Yang. So why can't priest Yang do the exorcism? Why is it that the people needing exorcism go to the Sharing Hands first? What is the connection?

The meeting of the 3 people in their hometown and clarifying who they are and how their destined entanglement came about through the horrific events of that fateful night was so poignant. They should know whether they believe in a person being possesed or not, that none of them are to blame. They are all survivors of the victims and they were not the perpetrators. It is very sad that somehow they carry enormous guilt and blame themselves or each other. They all suffered because of it. HP was sent to relatives whom he did not even know, Mateo was sent to an orphanage and Gil Young may have been raised by someone else. I think by talking they can help each other recover from their childhood traumas, cooperate better to find PID and support each other get over the emotional trauma of that night. They then can move on together to fulfill thier objective of finding PID. 

So the brother of Mateo, Priest Choi died after all since the body was found. So, did the the possesor PID move on to another body after Priest Choi died? 

• Like 4

On 9/14/2018 at 12:14 PM, ellelyana88 said:

Who else wait for daytime to watch this drama? Hahahahah :fearful:

Meeeeeee!!!!

I've finally found the courage to watch this and in broad daylight and yet... still screamed at the start of the show. :joy:

I'm liking this so far.... will be going to watch episode 2 soon!

So glad ocn has another nice drama for me to watch after voice 2 ended.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

On 9/13/2018 at 2:53 AM, akiera said:

Since Kim Jae wook is a Catholic priest there won't be any chance to ship him with anybody. right? i am sad.:(

Lol... it's ocn.

They usually do subtle romance or leave us to our wildest imagination. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

@zenya22 Hello ! I will share my thoughts once I watch episode 5 - maybe in 4 hours time, hopefully before tonight's episode!

Thank you @Dramanoona I am excited to read your post and your take on the episode. 

• Like 1

You know what, I will go with the flow enjoying this drama without speculating anything since the mystery also comes more and more. I would save any question for the last eps if there's any that was unanswered. Btw, what I also like in this show is how the emotion between our trio protagonist is also delivered to the audience with beautiful songs. And that point out how great this show not just about gore and supernatural horror. I think I only could praise this drama everytime I watch the new episode so far. [laughs]

Also, the director knows how to expose Kim Jae Wook's beauty with that rain scene.  Haha, he has been knowing that since VOICE. Our priest hero indeed should get the heaven light in this dark show.

• Like 2

Finally caught up with The Guest. Its good!

Besides the reliable Kim Jae Wook, the other two leads are also good!

The first two episodes were really scary:ph34r:but now the story has developed nicely.

Looking forward to future episodes!

Image result for pictures of the guest OCN drama

• Like 5

Ok. I 'll begin  with the end. The preview gave me goosepimples!

Thoughts on Ep 5.

- Grossed out by the car seat in the eye replay.

- We meet the mother of the two brothers - What a b*! And we wonder with GY whether it is really demons or the person who is bad.

- As I watch the scene at the noodle stall with GY and HP - I like that GY doesn't try to be pretty (And I think chances of romance in this drama is down to 0% - not sure about the bromance though)

- Father Yang is very suspicious and his organisation seems to pop up everywhere - recognise the reference to Sharing Hands?

- The politician is a character to watch out for and she has been in the same hometown as Priest Choi. And trying to coverup Priest Choi's death? It is possible that she is Park Il Do or maybe a Sohn. (sidenote: it looks like politicians never get a break and are seen as demons - both literally and figuratively)

- I loved the music throughout the episode, especially the mood music when Father Yang was telling Mateo about his brother at the bus station (great instrumental!)

Musing: I suppose if you see demons, you would not be afraid to go to the forest in darkness to stare at the grave of a dead priest.

And finally we come to the point where all three main leads know about each other's role that night 20 years ago.

GY had a lot of guilt about the way she treated her mom on the night she died. I cried along with GY when she was eating jjajangmyeon with her partner.

So we have come to the point where the possessed is a woman. But interestingly, she still have some sense of awareness of herself. When she met Mateo at the church to explain she was possessed, her symptoms do fit with the DSM critieria for schizophrenia. But once she mentioned Park Il Do - game on.

Overall, rather than a scary episode, to me it was more emotional. We learn about the past - what went on between GY and her mother and her regret. And I even felt some sympathy for Priest Choi. I agree with HP's assessment that even if he was exorcised, he would have been consumed with guilt over killing his parents and attempting to kill his brother.

PS. So, if his body was buried in the ground, it is highly unlikely it would be suicide. It would mean someone could have placed the noose around his neck, let him hang and then to hide the body, buried it in the mud. So why didn't he fight back? Maybe the guilt over what he had done after Park Il Do had moved into another body made it easier for Priest Choi to be killed.

• Like 5

me too waiting for daylight to watch and i’ll make sure there are people around me when i watch it. but the drama not really scared after eps 2. the scariest is eps 1. KJW too handsome i can’t handle it. melting when watching his talking :tongue::wub:

• LOL 2

Darn it! It's not just random possession of the weak in spirit. They're all connected. Sharing Hands is sharing sohn. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

sidenote: it looks like politicians never get a break and are seen as demons - both literally and figuratively)

@DramanoonaLOL, thanks for the break, gave something to laugh about amidst a horror drama!!!

so true, yeah there is something shady about priest Yang and he maybe an underling of the politician who obeys her and he is an alcoholic. Ep 6 is the scariest yet. But I like that the 3 heroes are now working together. Have to rewatch episode 6 with subs. Don't want to spoil but seems more mysterious happenings are popping out and someone is angry about it. Be back after the subs in 6. Yes, episode 5 was emotional but I was glad all three of them found out about themselves and their shared history. 

• Like 1