[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

This one is really frightening!!!!! I can watch ghost and demons running around... but I totally cant bear exorcist theme in it! Totally freak me out! I can only watch this in Broad Day light! for me, this is 10 times more scary than Ghost Detective! And KDW, he must have a really strong mental in order not be affected by any 'dark forces' when he is acting in this drama... This is only ep 3, I cannot imagine the story all the way to ep 16! Not for the faint hearts! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 3 was not that scary for me. However we see HP going back to visit his home village and grandpa and also investigating the whereabouts of priest Choi 'slittle brother at the school or was it the orphanage? He showed the picture of Choi Yoon/Father Mateo and asked if that priest ever came back to visit and was told no visits from such a priest. So, it seems that HP suspects that priest Choi's little brother is  Father Mateo. I don't think that HP knows Father Mateo's given name Choi Yoon. He also visited Father Mateo at his house where they talked about Park Il Do and Father Mateo asked if HP knows where PID was. Yoon had not much scenes in episode 3 but may have more scenes in episode 4 and they might learn about their past histories that they had lived in the same town. 

Annyeong everyone

Normally I don't like to watch horror movie or drama but The Guest.....I can't seem to avoid watching it. Today while watching Ep3, I just realized both of the main male leads were in Coffee Prince together.

coffee-prince-drama-kr.jpg

Both Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook were in Coffee Prince. Now they are together again and this time as the main leads in The Guest. Yup I do agree that The Guest is scarier than The Ghost Detective. I'm watching TGD too. I just finished Ep3 and looking forward to Ep4 tonight. Yup I prefer to watch it during daytime too.

I wonder anyone of you here have encounter spirit and ghost before?

Ep 3 is not as scary but more suspenseful?

I would say seeing PArk Il Do as a messy haired covered in water being did not seem to scare me much?

I think that the spirits also possess those who police would find difficult to investigate as the real perpertrators.  The first possessed was supposedly paralysed. The second possessed individual (I presume) is the junkyard worker with a diminished intellectual ability.

I won't be surprised if another possessed will be a woman soon, since the spirits do not discriminate.

Our team is slowly coming together.And it looks like Ep 4 will have the shaman and priest fighting evil together.

this is really intresting drama.

I'm really intrigued that how hwa-pyung can live his daily life and keep a job. I mean he gets those dreams or vivid dream while he's awake. I would totally freak out if I was his customer. 

and another think I don'T really believe in ghost or religion but that doesn't them untrue.  I'm kind of like detective kang gil-youg(jung eun chae) that I only believe what my eyes can see. 

@allythefangirl, I'm a scaredycat myself so I watch it muted first. Yes, muted. I put my phone around 6 inches away from me. I fast-forward the scenes when I feel like throwing up. I watch it at around 4 am in the office, where I can't scream lest my manager scares me with an incident report. Then I watch it again at home so that  I can understand it more.

1 minute ago, jeijei said:

@allythefangirl, I'm a scaredycat myself so I watch it muted first. Yes, muted. I watch it at around 4 am in the office, where I can't scream lest my manager scares me with an incident report.

4AM and all alone! Woah! I can't do that. I watch subbed version, so it's really difficult for me to watch it and close my eyes at the same time. I try to cover the area where the scenes are and just focus on the subs. 

Yoon became an exorcism priest bc it's the way to find his brother. Remember his convo with Father Han? Perhaps he will think about leaving the priesthood once this is over. But he will have been late in the game by then.  The other two are already showing some chemistry. Look at how HP smiles when GY invites him for a meal and when he sees her bright smile. So there is some possibility that these 2 will have something going on. But I hope not. Let this be just a full horror thriller ride. 

@allythefangirl the office is well lit and I've got lots of company. I suggest you watch it at broad daylight and keep the audio at a minimum. You should not pass up something good like this. Eating something helps as it relaxes you.

11 hours ago, crystaltears said:

can't believe Kim Dong Wook was from Coffee Prince - sorry I don't remember him/his character at all now :o

*sees his pics online* he looked so young back then wow it's been years since I watched that drama.

anyways the first few minutes in scared me with that stabbing scene, I'm glad that they censor the weapons/bloody stuff, it makes it less scary for me :fearful: I can stand watching ghosts/demons (like in A Korean Odyssey, Bring it on Ghost) but not when people are getting killed brutally

also that ahjumma lady with the bloody face creeping me out too. This drama also reminds me of The Wailing.

He is the one who always turns around Yoon Eun Hye and calls her ' my Chan, my Chan '

I can't rewatch this drama ' Coffe Prince' bc there are 2 characters died; it's so sad !

He's welknown now with the movie Along with the God 1 & 2

3 hours ago, jeijei said:

Yoon became an exorcism priest bc it's the way to find his brother. Remember his convo with Father Han? Perhaps he will think about leaving the priesthood once this is over. But he will have been late in the game by then.  The other two are already showing some chemistry. Look at how HP smiles when GY invites him for a meal and when he sees her bright smile. So there is some possibility that these 2 will have something going on. But I hope not. Let this be just a full horror thriller ride. 

@allythefangirl the office is well lit and I've got lots of company. I suggest you watch it at broad daylight and keep the audio at a minimum. You should not pass up something good like this. Eating something helps as it relaxes you.

I'll try. Hahaha! I swear, the people doing this are doing a great job in this series so far.

Is the OST released today? The song is played during the credit scene and it's sung by a male vocalist.

So far, I like the idea of 2 eps cases. The crime investigation also takes the part to find who the true culprit is, it's very an unexpected twist that the one who's possessed is the older brother, not the crazy one. I'm satisfied.

What a doozy of an episode.

I like the pace as things are slowly revealed.

Who knew?

Spoiler

it was the older brother? But the younger brother seems to have some superstrength too? Hmm..

I have yet to see Mateo smile so.....not likely to be a romance anywhere. And I do hope they keep it that way.

An interesting concept that the brawns in this drama belongs to the detective. She really goes all out in bashing up the criminals.

So next week, everyone knows of their past together and it's understandable that she would be angry. But now they all have one taget: Park Il Do. It makes me wonder if Park Il Do is still in Priest Choi or 'it' has actually moved into another host. [The other priest? - I swear he is suspiciously too interested]

And it does look like the next possessed will be a woman.

3 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

The other priest? - I swear he is suspiciously too interested

I noticed that too. In the episode hwa pyung asked the possessed brother how he came in contact with Park II Do, could he be the link? Correct me if I'm wrong but that magazine with his face on it has been at every possession.  

Archived