[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:

Question will be on netflix? Today I found out that another kdrama life is on Netflix.

quite a few ocn dramas are on netflix, so it could be,

though i think if The Guest doesn't appear on netflix after 5 episodes, then probably no.

kinda recent ocn kdramas, Black and Bad Guys: Vile City, are on netflix,

but actual up-to-date recent ocn kdramas are not on netflix, so the chances are probably not. 

Joining on board.

Please brace your heart when you watch episode 2. The actor performed brilliantly as a possessed person..Daebak! :thumbsup:

From episode 2, now that we know

Spoiler

the priest portrayed by KJW is the little brother of the priest who killed his family, the female detective by JEC is the daughter of female police died at the priest home. I can't wait when they finally recognize each other.

Who else wait for daytime to watch this drama? Hahahahah :fearful:

i just finished watching ep2.

ep2 was definitely more interesting in my opinion.

i got to know more about the characters and their abilities.

and it's nice to see more of Yoon (the priest).

i love the fiery interaction between two male leads at the funeral, especially considering their histories.

there is something intriguing about watching them interact because

i know their shared histories, but they themselves haven't figured it out yet.

ep1 told backstory of Hwa-phyung (medium), ep2 told backstory of Yoon (priest),

so hopefully ep3 will tell us the backstory of Gil-young (cop).

anyway, so Hwa-phyung can see and imitate from the perspective of possessed.

Yoon can do exorcism, Gil-young is a great martial artist.

if the ghost that possessed the father is saying the truth,

it seems Hwa-phyung is born with dangerous/powerful psychic power that could go either way.

Very Bad/go nuts like possessed or Very Good/great help to solve ghost problems.

Yoon seems to be a great exorcist as well.

also, is it just me or Gil-young isn't much affected mentally/supernaturally by possessed?

she is in danger of getting physically hurt by the possessed, but she seems hardly affected supernaturally.

perhaps she has strong inborn exorcist body/soul.

anyway, did the big ghost (Final Boss) enter Yoon or what?

oh, and ep2 is less scary.

3 hours ago, mxmix said:

if the ghost that possessed the father is saying the truth,

it seems Hwa-phyung is born with dangerous/powerful psychic power that could go either way.

@mxmixsorry to cut your post, great post by the way, great recap, you captured all the nuances and histories of the characters and yes about HP.... the old priest who died, Yoon's mentor, also said that the "taxi driver," Hwa Phyung, started something so powerful and dangerous, the evil eye from the ghost in the ocean that was transferred to someone who goes near it and get possesed by it. We know from when HP was younger, he can see ghosts and the eye was also transferred to him then, then to the young priest the brother of Yoon.  We yet have to see what HP can do for good or for bad. Yoon the priest, is acted so well. I was rooting for the Yoon to be able to exorcise the possesor out of the man. I think GY is not much affected yet since she is so practical but what she witnessed while she was with HP,  may make her start to see, sense or at least believe in HP and the possibility of people being possessed and her senses may become keener to the supernatural.

No, I don't think, the "boss ghost" of Park Il Do entered Yoon's body since Yoon did not get the evil eye but exorcised it in the form of the sea water getting out of the possessed man, but it is now very much aware that Yoon is a strong opponent, not easy to posess.  

I also can't wait to see when the three main characters will get to know their past connections. 

Eps 1: So… the people who died in VOICE Season 1 and 2 are brought here hahaha. Mo Tae Gu, Chief Jang, Chief Na, and the granny in the trash house. Ooops, not the little boy tho’, he’s rescued in VOICE eps 3. I even can feel the same eerie gore aura, the director is superb in this genre!!

Eps 2: Run and run to chase the culprit, this action once again reminds me of the director’s previous job. After that, the rest is a bit boring, until Matteo performs his exorcism. He is so strong!!!! Well, he’s scare too and the demon would do anything to make him hallucinate of almost being died but he doesn’t give up and continue, not even being possessed back, is that the definition of a strong man?

Well, I get how this trio works: The shaman gets a vision of murder moment, the detective investigate with him and catches the culprit, then the priest will do an exorcism to the possessed culprit.

Man, I want the full version of the beautiful OST already. It was so relieving by being played when Matteo successfully expels the demon out.

I expect that things will become clearer in the next two episodes.

I admire Mateo because it takes a lot of strength and will to fight against a demon that powerful. And in any case, if HP and Mateo actually sit and talk and not snarl at each other, they would be quite a team - and of course with our detective who has the brains and I think the physical strength and martial art ability to fight the possessed.

PS. Is that hapkido she was using to fight the possessed man on the roof?

Oh my... Why did I start watching this??? I watched 1,5 episodes so far... You ask why 1,5? Well I finished the first episode and started the second one, but then I had to make dinner and do other evening chores. Now it’s already 10pm and I’m too scared to finish it. I’m so curious but also petrified so I think I’ll have to wait to watch it in a broad daylight. This is definitely the scariest Korean show I’ve ever watched.

I’m so scared that can’t even appreciate KJW’s hotness :scream: 

10 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Could he be the connection?

I was wondering that too because suddenly, after a brief appearance in the first epi, he was not seen anymore and also he was the one who said that the boy was not possessed and did not need any exorcism. He thought that the boy was an abuse case. After that, he was gone. 

39 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I was wondering that too because suddenly, after a brief appearance in the first epi, he was not seen anymore and also he was the one who said that the boy was not possessed and did not need any exorcism. He thought that the boy was an abuse case. After that, he was gone. 

So was he possessed or not? I thought he wasn’t as the older priest said so but then again he himself said  he was...

On 9/14/2018 at 4:51 PM, aisling said:

So was he possessed or not? I thought he wasn’t as the older priest said so but then again he himself said  he was...

that is the question, I don't know, but this to me is the picture of the older priest in the first episode and not Father Mateo/Yoon. This is the picture of Father Yang whom we have not seen after the  first episode and that is whom I was referring to not Father Mateo. He was the one who said that the young HP was abused and for the family to call a doctor. Did the only appear for one episode or was that deliberate for him to appear once and then has an appearance later on?

Archived