[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2018 at 10:13 PM, allythefangirl said:

I agree. I just saw the first episode and this one's scarier. 

Haa, and I want to try this.

When I have ran away from ghost detective. I will pass. Why scary dramas these days?

ep2 hospital scene makes me wonder about Hwa-phyung.

the possessed: [to Park il-do] (Hywa-phyung)He's peeping us. He reacts to us. He can feel it when we slash (victims)dogs and pigs.

Hwa-phyung: what are you doing? (who are you talking to?)

Possessed: [to Hwa-phyung] Don't you also get excited as well? I'm right, aren't I? (Victims' blood)That blood, you also like it, right?

HP: Just tell me where the daughter is.

-

Possessed: [to Park il-do] Shall I kill (Yoon)him?

Possessed: [to Yoon] Everyone who stays near him(?) dies. He(?) is just like us. [the scene changes to Hwa-phyung]

the exorcism hospital scene seems like talking about Hwa-phyung.

Hwa-phyung has inborn strong supernatural power, but he can hardly control it and it makes him easy target. that's why he once got possessed by Big Ghost (park il-do), and even now, he cannot control when he sees or imitates a possessed. it just happens.

This is why male shaman keeps telling Hwa-phyung to do "내림굿," which is becoming a shaman by accepting to be in the service of certain god. if you do "내림굿," then you are officially a shaman, and your god protects you from getting possessed by evil ghosts and you also get ability from your god to exorcise evil ghosts. but of course, there seems to be different levels in gods, and male shaman's god is weaker than Christ and Buddha.

Oh!!! I just finished watching the last two episodes, admitting that it was an interesting story. Surprised by the skill of the playwright. It made me scare, barely breathing. Korea's religious rituals look magical. The rituals of exorcising ghosts are horrible, horrifying to make me creepy. OCN does not disappoint me, most of them have a strange drama to watch always. For this channel. Oh, I can not wait to.:thumbsup:

I was drawn in by Kim Dong Wook (after watching him in Along with the Gods), then I recognised Jung Eun Chae from Dr Frost (I enjoyed that one) and finally I had to think hard about Kim Jae Wook (can't get him off my mind as the Voice killer) - it's like a perfect blend of actors who have worked on dramas or movies about supernatural, psychotic killers.

I may be creeped out but I hope that they don't self censor and go full blast with the whole demon angle. I will definitely continue watching this, even if it's between my fingers.

I have to applaud this actor who acts as the possessed man. Utterly freaked out when he starts to speak in that high pitched other worldly voice and stares at you with his good eye.

NlwnWc.png
CD1nt1.png
gnzkHI.png

All three together (temporarily)

On 9/16/2018 at 5:25 AM, marrez1 said:

I want a love triangle between the three leads, the priest is very sexy,  I know it's not sure that we'll get romance but who knows

But is it allowed for a Catholic priest to be in a relationship? I would like that too and hope that kjw will get the girl. But Hwapyong is the chosen one aka protagonist and also the link between everything maybe the detective and hwapyong will be together by the end. 

I have a feeling that this drama will be romance-free.

I think with the dark theme, if the PD threw in a romantic scene, it will be too jarring.

In Voice, there was zero romance between the two leads.

I am quite happy if they keep the romance out of this one. I just hope that they (the three leads)  reconcile to the fact that they share a tragic past together and will have to work together to defeat Sohn.

PS. Catholic priests are not allowed to marry after they are ordained. I think that they have a vow of celibacy.

55 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think with the dark theme, if the PD threw in a romantic scene, it will be too jarring.

I am quite happy if they keep the romance out of this one. I just hope that they (the three leads)  reconcile to the fact that they share a tragic past together and will have to work together to defeat Sohn.

PS. Catholic priests are not allowed to marry after they are ordained. I think that they have a vow of celibacy.

YES, the priests are not allowed to marry, when I spoke about romance, I tell myself that maybe it will not be too present, maybe a little for example the fact of being there for the other, because after there are two men and a woman.
In any case this drama is already top as it is

55 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Yep, I agree, romance will take away the intensity and suspense of the story. This is fantasy/supernatural/horror drama and I am happy with that because that is what I signed up for. I did not decide to watch this drama for romance. There are plenty of romance dramas to choose from and I would watch those for a dose of romance. No romance in this drama is good.Love what you stated, the three with shared history to fight and defeat Sohn. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] The Guest 손 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST - OCN

Park Il Do is the spirit the characters refer to when they talk about Sohn (hand). It is the guest. Sohn (손)  literally means hand, but it can also mean guest or wandering evil spirit. Park Il Do possessed HP and then Father Choi Sung-Hyun, whom Yoon has been looking around for. It controls weaker spirits, and together they have been possessing people for 20 years (the cold cases), like Kim and the woman by the beach.

Spoiler

Ep 3 was a little less horror-y but, as much as they scare me, I hope it doesn’t stop being as dark as the first two eps. 

I’m glad that KGY and HP are starting warm up to each other with that noodle scene. They’re still clashing heads but at least they’re a bit closer now lmao. Yoon didn’t have a lot of scenes this ep, but I can see him showing up in the next ep for the exorcism. KGY still isn’t really familiar with Yoon so we’ll see how that goes. 

I hope that show delves into our leads backstory after what happened at Yoon’s house, like how they got to where they’re at. And also, the older priest who visited HP with priest Choi likely knows something about Sohn or what happened to Choi. I’m sure when he visited HP, he knew something was up, but didn’t say anything. 

So far, everything has been on point. Cinematography, acting, writing, action scenes etc.

OT: Is anyone excited Yeon Woojin’s new Priest drama? Is ghost and exorcism a new trend in Kdramaland? I lowkey hope so lol.

can't believe Kim Dong Wook was from Coffee Prince - sorry I don't remember him/his character at all now :o

*sees his pics online* he looked so young back then wow it's been years since I watched that drama.

anyways the first few minutes in scared me with that stabbing scene, I'm glad that they censor the weapons/bloody stuff, it makes it less scary for me :fearful: I can stand watching ghosts/demons (like in A Korean Odyssey, Bring it on Ghost) but not when people are getting killed brutally

also that ahjumma lady with the bloody face creeping me out too. This drama also reminds me of The Wailing.

Archived