[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome everyone!

And he is suspicious because he is being sooooo helpful now. I think he (PID) believes that PHJ has now become a liability and it's time to throw her to the Trinity. It they believe she is PID and manages to exorcise her, then the assumption would be that everything is over.

i0zUKG.gif

PS. DId you catch how he spoke when he mentioned that the demon can go to churches and pray? Again as if he is talking about himself.

zNXwv2.gif

When I fell (a little) in love with Mateo. He was the first one to realise the boy was missing. His nightmare/flashback about what happened to himself as a child is clearly visible in his expression.

And that OST playing in the background - plus the husband cradling his child and crying. UGhhhh :tears:

But I am prepared for heartbreak, that all of them will die.

Unless there is a Season 2? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Like a Poster for New Upcoming BL drama :joy:

Omg :joy: I can’t. As soon as @RPM you said it, I just realized that it looks like it haha. They are fitting to be a couple though...not gonna lie :ph34r: Anyone agrees? Haha

(I am on another level of addiction, that I can’t help but to ship them /w Gil Young) haha I just love them so much haha their chemistry might be rocky but it turns out really well.

1 hour ago, blademan said:

I am now almost truly convinced Priest Yang is Park Il Do!!!

PHJ as PID is almost too convenient.

And it also kinda explains the phone call she had with 'someone' before HP attacked her.

Damn this show :thumbsup:

I agree...but i think the person she was talking to was that old police officer(kil young mom rookie one) he seems possessed or really scared of hong joo n following her orders n he made that security guy to flee...ofcourse to kill ji min!!! Priest yang scene with the kids n Mateo remembering his brother also hints to something!!! 

That actress playing hong joo is doing wonderful job ....she just gives me the chills so creepy like she is really possessed or something:D:P 

Heck hwa pyung has landed himself in great trouble ...now what two musketeers will do??? :sweatingbullets:  

I thought the theme song would be longer than what I've listened in the show itself.

Anyway, the more they show the congresswoman is crazy, the more she looks more into a psychopath rather than a possessed person. Well,  from few OCN dramas I watched such as Voice1-2 and Tunnel; the one whom the main characters think the same is the wrong one can be just a co-villain (Nam Sang Tae/VOICE and Jung Ho Young/Tunnel) or definitely innocent (Do Kang Woo/Voice2... tho' in Voice3 he can turn side as twist). And this probably happens too with the congresswoman; be it as co-villain or definitely not being possessed like the younger brother in eps 4-5 that she just has a psycho disorder like Mo Tae Goo in VOICE (but it doesn't explain why the security guard being insane after the school incident). And if Father Yang is really Park Il Do, I guess it would be revealed in eps 9 like in Tunnel. This must be the twist for the characters but then what is the twist for the audience since we're correct? Would he move from Father Yang to Mateo? Or, does he actually still reside in Hwa Pyung? Who knows.

6 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

@jouleoppa (unique name by the way!) Welcome to the thread! Yes, I agree it is not so much focused on horror but the emotional impact Park Il Do leaves on his victims.

Oh, is that unique? I always throw my nickname as "Joule" over the internet but since this is Korean Forum, you could call me "Oppa" (Mhh.... or "Ahjussi" depends on your age hahaha). Also, I've actually ever left some comments in this thread. 

3 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

PS. DId you catch how he spoke when he mentioned that the demon can go to churches and pray? Again as if he is talking about himself.

It is THAT look on him that makes him really really suspicious.

7 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Yeah, we shall repent together later for accusing him IF AND ONLY IF he is indeed innocent. LOL! :joy:

We shall repent together if Mateo is holding our hands. :phew:

OMG. I think I will be saying this for every episode.

And it ends with a cliffhanger and the preview!

Back to Ep 8:

1. We see that the demon is successful in spliting the team (temporarily) - HP in jail (for attempting to knife PHJ) , Mateo going on his own and GY getting frustrated with the two of them (it's like having two boyfriends. LOL. That's probably what her partner assumes)

2. F. Yang helps Mateo in speaking with PHJ about being lenient with HP. F. Yang telling Mateo about why HP is so intent on PID. And Mateo lies! He told PHJ that if HP was with him, he could stop him from telling reporters about PHJ. (it worked!)

3. That rock to the head gave me a heartattack and I literally jumped a few inches off my chair.

4. The whole episode revolves around this little girl. I feel she talks soooo slowly and I kept telling her to ppali ppali. LOL

5. And the ending of the episode - that's a real cliffhanger which makes you eager for next week.

Thoughts:

1. Father Yang appears more often than Yun Kwang. And he was not part of the initial press conference (suspicion radar up!)

2. I love how the writer weaves the Trinity's story together. With GY's mother case , leading to Mateo protecting the little boy from viewing his mother's remains (Mateo's past) and now the little girl paralleling HP's past as a little boy.

I feel that at the end, HP is the one who will become possessed by PID and Mateo will have to exorcise him. If HP cannot take the exorcism, he is most likely to die or to be shot by GY for being violent.

I am preparing myself for a utterly depressing ending.

30 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I feel that at the end, HP is the one who will become possessed by PID and Mateo will have to exorcise him. If HP cannot take the exorcism, he is most likely to die or to be shot by GY for being violent.

Same. I felt that HP will be the one ‘Taking it for the team’ because he is a psychic. In EP 8 they said that the perfect body for a possession is a Psychic therefore I felt that this will be the case. Let’s just hope that the possessed, words will not come true (All of them will die) 

30 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

And it ends with a cliffhanger and the preview!

Omg Yes. I jumped after seeing the preview. But what makes me so eager is the conversation between Choi Yoon and the child in the trailer. The child said that “You shouldn’t have fallen for Hwa Pyung.” (Roughly translate) and just by that I really want to know what she is going to say next. Because I felt that every conversation with the possessed would lead to more secrets being revealed.

(Wonder What Hwa Pyung was attacking in the trailer:huh:)

And Choi Yoon, omg. Hope he is fine. 

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

3. That rock to the head gave me a heartattack and I literally jumped a few inches off my chair.

I was drinking coffee when that happened and I spit out the coffee due to that scene :mellow:

Really didn't see it coming. 

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

That is a possibility. 

Or HP will go crazy after the exorcism. :cry:

But I do envision a good ending whereby HP is able to subdue PID with some power of his own as he came from a family of shaman and finally get a closure to the horrors.

Not much was said about HP's grandfather isn't it?

We know that HP comes from a family of shaman.

In episode 8, the little girl's granny came to ask for help.

Grandfather is reluctant to say much to HP.

Didn't PID tried to kill grandfather?

Why is grandfather and father not dead?

But I have this feeling that there is more to see than meets the eye for grandfather as well.

Aargh. So much questions and only can watch the next episode next week!

9 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Grandfather is reluctant to say much to HP.

Didn't PID tried to kill grandfather?

Why is grandfather and father not dead?

But I have this feeling that there is more to see than meets the eye for grandfather as well.

I agree with you. HP asked why Grandfather didn’t runaway like his father. And all his grandfather said was “What?” A little bit...suspicious. He could have given a heartfelt answer but no...

20 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Omg :joy: I can’t. As soon as @RPM you said it, I just realized that it looks like it haha. They are fitting to be a couple though...not gonna lie :ph34r: Anyone agrees? Haha

I saw this comment on KissAsian and it made me laugh so much:

"you should not have fallen for Hwa Pyung"
Damn, even the spirits ship Yoon-Hwa Pyung

:lol:

Episode 8: all I can say is the priest who was supposed to exorcise the little girl Soo Yeon did not. Now, Mateo is going to do it, but it seems to be too late since she is now followed by all the evil spirits inside her home. Next exorcism by Mateo will be epic. He is going to need a lot of help and he should let them. I think that HP's weakness is obsession and anger, Mateo's is pride and Gil Young is doubt. Mateo needs to admit that he needs help especially his two friends who had the same experiences because PID will play their weaknesses against them

Archived