[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

On 9/30/2018 at 10:29 AM, sushilicious said:

Hwa Pyung is or will be possessed

Based on the drama’s highlights, at the end of the video, a more demonic sounding (To what I hear again and again) Hwa Pyung’s normal Voice shouting  “We” before his voice changes into something demonic as he says “Are from the ocean(And something that I couldn’t make up) that audio and the image shown on screen does not match, so I suggest that the audio could be of later episodes (Which? I Don know). 

My speculations in the next episode. The skeletal remains found in the forest by HP and the shaman belonged to the missing girl who was the last case of Detective Kang's mother. Detective Kang had kept the belongings of that girl and the notes written by her mother on the case. I think that she will share those findings with HP who will use his psychic abilities while inspecting the belongings/clothes/shoes of the girl to find or read into the past events/what exactly happened that night. 

I do think that everytime HP goes into a trance and gets into the mind of the possesor, that he is in danger of being possesed himself. Mateo, despite his aloofness also senses that danger with HP and himself since he also hears voices and noises. Mateo and HP need each other but they also have the level headed Detective Kang who will need to gather all of her strength and zeal to bring her friends/colleagues back to the world of grace and humaneness. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Tonight is the night!

EDIT:

Loneliness is me. No one else is watching this drama?

I will be watching with subs soon and I hoped for a discussion.

I wish I can join in the discussion now but there's no sub yet. I'm watching RAW and understand only the simplest commonly used words. Lol

Why aren't there more people watching this drama?? I wonder if it is the lack of romance.

I love this drama more and more and it is on top of the other dramas I am watching right now.

Some thoughts on this episode. It revolves mainly around the missing schoolgirl and the congresswoman Park Hyo Joo [I must applaud all the supporting actors and actresses - their caliber of acting is topnotch]

1. We know what happened with the missing schoolgirl and who killed her.

2. Theory about how PHJ became possessed with PID.

3. We learn about something called 'complete possession' as explained by Father Yang. [Sorry, but he is still top of my suspect list for PID]

4. We see how HP and Mateo try to find out if PHJ is really PID.

5. We learn that anyone who speaks about PID (or what the possessed did) end up bloody.

6. And the ending of the episode just stabs me in the heart - I was crying at the end with what happened. And I got as angry as HP as well.

Confession: I am now a little bit in love with Mateo, especially how he protected the child. *cue major tearworks again*

I would think that the subtitles were not uploaded as fast as the other drama hence not many people can discuss about it earlier.

Just finished watching the RAW.  Don't really understand what they were talking about but I can roughly guess it.

Why do i feel that there's someone watching all the events from the side or is it just because of the way the camera was positioned while filming it?

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I would think that the subtitles were not uploaded as fast as the other drama hence not many people can discuss about it earlier.

Just finished watching the RAW.  Don't really understand what they were talking about but I can roughly guess it.

Why do i feel that there's someone watching all the events from the side or is it just because of the way the camera was positioned while filming it?

Definitely based on the current episode, I could see the idea of someone overseeing everything(Observing the three). Now I’m confused. Is Park Hyo Ju, Park II Do, or she is just a crazy psychopath? :blink: And in Episode 7, I could see how desperate Hwa Pyung is. 

There are some source in which, English subs are already available this morning :) 

Review. EP 7 (My Opinions)

I am upset by the fact that the woman have to keep this guilt and secret for over twenty years, fearing for her life and the lives of her family. She has to die to cover up the secret that Park Hyo Ju is covering which ticks me off. :angry:Like how Hwa Pyung says “We wait even longer. More innocents have to die!” It’s sad how the innocent humans could just get erased for the gains of others, by Park II Do And his Gang. (The father crying, hurts me a lot :bawling:)

Hwa Pyung has that Fatherly figure mentality in which he needs to destroy Park ll Do to protect everyone, Which I understand, But maybe he should find a better way? Then confronting straight on. Cause it’s always a wrong idea to confront something that could kill him off anytime. (Got to plan ahead)

Can we talk about how Gil Young would feel whenever she hears the victim’s family talking about her mother. (Damn, it must have been hard on her) :mellow: (like mother like daughter, having the spirit to investigate)

As for Choi Yoon, he starts to show that he actually isn’t as cold as what we think he is, he has a warm little heart for children:wub: how nice.  The scene in which Hwa Pyung punches Choi Yoon. Gah, it hurts. (Maybe, with this punch, the bond gets stronger?)

Overall I really like this episode, like all other episodes of Guest:D

11 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Definitely based on the current episode, I could see the idea of someone overseeing everything(Observing the three). Now I’m confused. Is Park Hyo Ju, Park II Do, or she is just a crazy psychopath? :blink: And in Episode 7, I could see how desperate Hwa Pyung is.  

Subs are out. 

Just finished watching again and this time with subs and goosebumps.

Father Yang is still suspicious to me.

I just find him looking way too gleeful providing information to Mateo and HP..

HP's depression at the end felt so real..

Watching innocents being killed yet again is just so maddening.

Btw, can you guys remember why is Park II Do killing people?

Sorrow in Is the Dark 

in My Heart in My Soul to See 

Look and AT Me in My FEAR 

the I the wait for Death 

the Please the Save Me from here 

Far Away 

the Please a Take My hand 

Closer way 

Somewhere How the FAR Away 

the I the wait for Death 

Somewhere How the FAR away 

I wait for death 

Please take my hand 

Sorrow in the dark 

in my heart to see

OST

17 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Loneliness is me. No one else is watching this drama?

3 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Why aren't there more people watching this drama?? I wonder if it is the lack of romance.

I always watch it at a break time through kseries.net, just not in the mood to speculate anything to enjoy this show, that's why I'm silent. But after eps 7, I think I'd tell my wife to watch this too (though this means I must download the eps for her) because it's not just as horror show (as how the two first eps show it) but emotional too--somehow this is kdrama's strength, and the slow storytelling when the trio investigate makes audiences understand the puzzle more compared to an intense show with fast pace like VOICE; I feel this as I watch both. She's now following The Ghost Detective through our cable TV but I'm getting lost interest at it while I'm hooked at The Guest more and more. I also influence my co-worker to watch this show because he ever told me that he was disappointed at The Nun hahaha, and guess he likes it!

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

Hwa Pyung has that Fatherly figure mentality in which he needs to destroy Park ll Do to protect everyone, Which I understand, But maybe he should find a better way? Then confronting straight on. Cause it’s always a wrong idea to confront something that could kill him off anytime. (Got to plan ahead)

He is a typical lead character who is more brawny than brainy, someone's like in shounen manga who straightly wanna kick the villain's richard simmons as he can't hold back his anger anymore to see the pain whom this villain caused. That's why he needs Mateo and Gilyoung to find the better way for him and work together. Also, it's not about a fatherly figure, but he's just like a kid, a boy; that's why he likes kid too--as I said, typical a shounen manga hero character.

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

As for Choi Yoon, he starts to show that he actually isn’t as cold as what we think he is, he has a warm little heart for children:wub: how nice.  

Before he starts searching the boy, I have felt that he must feel a deja vu of what happened to him when he was a child... a boy hiding, a survivor, and a woman/mother figure died to save him.... it's so emotional.  That's why he's so warm at the victim's boy immediately.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Sorrow in Is the Dark 

in My Heart in My Soul to See 

Look and AT Me in My FEAR 

the I the wait for Death 

the Please the Save Me from here 

Far Away 

Closer way 

Somewhere How the FAR Away 

the I the wait for Death 

Somewhere How the FAR away 

I wait for death 

Please take my hand 

Sorrow in the dark 

in my heart to see

OST

Ost 1 

YASSSSS!!! Finally!

I will keep my overall, longer comment until I finished watching episode 8. :lol::ph34r::sweatingbullets:

But, short comment on episode 7. I still stand Park Hong Joo is another demon inferior than PID but superior than the other demons in earlier episodes. And I still contend that Priest Yang is the PID itself looking at how he slyly feeding them the information about complete possession. The way I see it, he smug about it would be difficult to exorcise a complete possessed person.  It looks like to me he tacitly said: "Now I give you a big hint.. catch me if you can *smirk*". So, I haven't change my perspective about him yet or any sooner: He is the PID itself, the demon who's been lurking for thousands of years among human, disguising itself as a priest and has been leading his minion-demons possessing people (human's wicked and dark mind/intention to be exact). The scene where he told the children "devils and demons are very powerful" kind of making me goosebumps that I might have been right all along about him. :P I suspect the call Park Hong Ju received at the end of the episode about "it has been taken care of" was from Priest Yang - he might have met the old security guard and eventually the old security guard possessed by his minion-demon and went to kill the woman. 

Complete possession does not apply only to a super-superior demon  such as PID , a much inferior demon also possible and deceives the human for a long time if no other human being with prior knowledge (regarding complete possession, how to detect it and how to detach and expel it) realizes about that. I like that the writer(s) of this drama doing the right research about possession and exorcism and the level of intensity  of the demonic subject and incorporate it coherently with the plot's development. So, I will see to this drama to the end of it. I am soooo soooo curious on how powerful PID will be and how the three of them would deal with it. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Btw, can you guys remember why is Park II Do killing people?

From what I understand from the plot and lines, a superior demon/spirit from East Sea came to the village one day (perhaps thousands of years ago), and possessed a man named Park Il Do. The man died and his body floated on the sea for days. Since then, they called the demon/spirit from the East Sea as Park Il Do (perhaps because that's the name of the first person known to them possessed by the demon/spirit). There was no clear motives described on why PID possessed or lead his minions to possess people and kill them. It was described as an evil entity (from my belief too) that manipulate human's dark and wicked mind and intention, and if the human succumb to its "calls and voices", it eventually took you over, physically and mentally. If you remember the random scene at the beach where the middle-aged woman killed the girl who ditch her pamphlet, that's where the description about their nature was narrated. It is an entity entirely different than a human being who is a psychopath where in human logic there is always a cause to why they become a psychopathic murderer. Devils and demons (except for Jinn in my belief, excuse me for mentioning this), on the other hand, it is their nature itself is evil and wicked (you can never find good in them except prentension), and their only purpose is to make human being to do evil (even without being possessed). This is my opinion regarding your question from my belief's perspective and based on what I've witnessed. :):sweatingbullets:

@ellelyana88 Wow thanks!

It's all coming back to me now.

I'm too chicken to rewatch the previous episodes to get the rational behind the killings!

Regarding Father Yang, I'm certainly standing with you on this.

I wonder how much of Father Yang's soul is left in him.

I can't shake off that smug / sly / gleeful look on his face.

5 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Regarding Father Yang, I'm certainly standing with you on this.

I wonder how much of Father Yang's soul is left in him.

I can't shake off that smug / sly / gleeful look on his face.

Yeah, we shall repent together later for accusing him IF AND ONLY IF he is indeed innocent. LOL! :joy:

guest7.png

[The Guest] Ep 7 Park Il Do = Kim Hye Eun? Kim Dong Wook, Kim Jae Wook, Jung Eun Chae begin their pursuit for him

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Park Il Do = Kim Hye Eun? Kim Dong Wook x Kim Jae Wook x Jung Eun Chae fight on their own 

1. [+440,-9]
Ahn Nae Sang is Park Il Do, and Sharing Hands is where evil spirits gather. 

2. [+327,-6]
Sohn (evil spirits) distribute and share them, that's why is called 'Sharing Hands', is that it? 

3. [+238,-5]
Isn't it amazing if Ahn Nae Sang is Park Il Do... How superior that spirit is to be able to live in the church and carry a cross around.... If Ahn Nae Sang is discovered, Park Il Do could be not just an evil spirit, but he might be a superior devil. 

4. [+164,-8]
I think Ahn Nae Sang is really Park Il Do. If he has this much screen time, I don't think his role is that simple. 

5. [+97,-3]
I think Ahn Nae Sang is Park Il Do and Kim Hae Eun is his assistant. 

6. [+55,-2]
Feels like they are looking for a husband, but they look for Park Il Do. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+53,-4]
It's scary but interesting~~ Except for Jung Eun Chae's acting~~

hand.png

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Team of 3 begins their real pursuit after Park Il Do 

1. [+338,-1]
Kim Hye Eun's acting is good. She's scary. 

2. [+280,-34]
The female detective does nothing, and is always throwing her temper. I was annoyed while watching... 

3. [+200,-8]
Kim Hye Eun is surely not Park Il Do.. There is someone close by, it should be Ahn Nae Sang or it could be a plot twist and turn out to be someone else. 

4. [+87,-0]
Ahn Nae Sang is very suspicious. If there is a plot twist, then it surely isn't Kim Hye Eun. I think she is like the rest who were possessed before, and is possessed by a small ghost. Ahn Nae Sang is suspicious recently with the way he talks and his eyes. Even the part where he talks about demons, it feels like he's talking about himself. Anyway, he's suspicious. 

5. [+37,-2]
It's scary, but fun~~ Except for the fact that the female detective kept calling people, "Ya! Ya!", everyone else have good acting skills. 

6. [+34,-1]
Park Il Do has possessed Ahn Nae Sang totally. Park Il Do's descendant is Park Hong Joo. Not sure if Park Hong Joo is just an insane person or she's been completely possessed... Anyway, the two communicate with each other secretly. And for the title, Sohn The Guest, I'm thinking that Sohn can have double meanings, like Sohn Nim [t/n: Guest/ visitor] and Ja 'Sohn' [t/n: descendant]... 

7. [+29,-2]
I can understand why Yoon Hwa Pyung is furious, but he feels a little stubborn too. Park Il Do might possess the three of them and make them fight each other. And maybe Park Il Do is still in Yoon Hwa Pyung's body. 

8. [+26,-0]
I don't think Park Il Do is Park Hong Joo. It seems too early to reveal Park Il Do's real identity. Either it's Ahn Nae Sang, or a plot twist like Park Il Do has been dormant in Yoon Hwa Pyung's body..

cr

@RPM Thank you , bearer of wonderful prezzies! And when I listen to the song, I get goosepimples. Awesome!

@jouleoppa (unique name by the way!) Welcome to the thread! Yes, I agree it is not so much focused on horror but the emotional impact Park Il Do leaves on his victims.

Welcome @sushilicious !

That congresswoman though. Is she truly completely possessed by a demon or is she just a demon from the very beginning (seeing how she bullied the poor girl) . From the way she reacted to the rosary, I would say she is possessed but  I am still not convinced she is Park Il Do.

*side eyeing Father Yang*

As for the Trinity - Freud would have a field day - HP as the Id, Mateo as the Ego and Gil Young as the Superego.

Edit: Oopps @ellelyana88 - I am in agreement with you!

episode 7: as per the conversation between HP and Mateo, the assembly woman is a psychopath who was an easy prey to be possessed as she already is a murderer. HP was able o describe when she went to bury the girl she murdered in the woods and PID left the body of Priest Choi to posess the murderer assembly woman. She becomes a politician and gets recruited to be a patron of sharing hands and uses the sharing hands as her political base and her "good cause". So she is also posessed. 

The conversation between Priest Yang, Mateo and Hwa Pyun g is interesting as Priest Yang explained that there are cases where the possessed has become one with the possesor- the evil itself and it's mind who is immune to grace or the presence, mind, symbols of grace and goodness such as a church and therefore to exorcism. And as most of the soompiers in this forum suspect, Priest Yang could be describing himself and he is the one who has become the fallen angel/archfiend himself. He is the master planner. Priest Yang was actually presenting a gift, like the serpent presenting the apple at the garden of Eden, to both Mateo and Hwa Pyung and Hwa Pyung took a bite of the apple.

That is underscored in the heated argument between Mateo and Hwa Pyung where Hwa Pyung has said that he thinks the assembly woman is PID and he is going to do whatever he has to do to stop it from killing by killing it himself. However, as Mateo said, Hwa Pyung killing people who are possessed makes Hwa Pyung as much the same as the killer itself/himself/herself. Hwa Pyung's intense, uncontrollable obsession with PID and his escalating anger to the point where he wants to "kill" the possessed makes him no different from the possesor as he is unable to differentiate the possessed from the possesor. He is displaying the marks of being possessed himself or at the breaking point of being possessed and Priest Yang has pushed his button. Although the assembly woman is also evil. Hwa Pyung may believe that justice will not work in her case being that she has power and money, and he does not want her to get away, so he wants to kill her. It could be that the knife is special shaman's knife? If there is a CCTV in that hallway and also being caught redhanded by the security puts HP in a difficult situation. I am worried about him

The psychotic guard who escaped from the mental hospital was also possessed and was able to trace the sole witness of the murder of her friend by the assembly woman and killed her. The scene of the murder of the woman at her home and the kid hiding in the closet looked like a replication of Mateo's house after his possessed brother went execution rage. It might have reminded Mateo of himself when he saw the boy and ran to hug the boy.

It would be interesting to see if Mateo suspects Priest Yang as the "fallen angel/prince of darkness" he had described and how he will prove the trueness of his suspicions. How he battles his own dark side to not fall for the temptation of his brother's "mentor". 

Archived