[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

Spoiler

Its great that the drama is being liked by knetz but its reallllly sad that Jung eunchae is not given the credit she deserves. All the time she cried like in the earlier eps while eating jajangmen and this ep when she was pleading with her sunbae to not give up and also when she was avoiding his eyes to hide her tears. I cried all these times. She is reallyy acting in character. The character of GY was consistent from the beginning. Her transformation was also well done. Her representation of GY is really detailed like from the dressing to everything. Other leads are also great, I mean every one in the drama including the guest actors have done well. If there is one person towering above others with his charisma and talent, then that is Kim jae wook. But JEC has done really well for her part and the only actor I was little unimpressed with was Ahn nae sang. Since every body is saying he is a great actor, I don't dare to say otherwise. Its just that whatever roles I have seen him in he has the same world wary looks, eyes, expressions and mannerisms. It seems like there is no variation.

I somehow still hope YK is alive, why didn't they show the body? May be for consistency, I mean in his dreams he was killed near the sea and since the production team doesn't have time or convenience to go and shoot it there they just avoided the scene and it was conveyed through priest yang. Or that scene was edited out and for the consistency purpose they did it like this. Other than that I cannot imagine any reasons for not showing the body if this was the end of him. 

I just remembered he said something like My name is yuk gwang I sparkles six times, (yuk -6) were there six cases he was involved from the beginning??

The man in the preview was not GPa because that person was bald. That theory in the comment section about gpa being the pid is crazy. Its like reading the spoiler theories of GOT, fans make so mind blowing and crazy theories that actual eps will not be as great as them. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg they are so cute Omg I can’t :joy:

Since we are talking about JEC (Gil Young), I find her quite enjoyable, she is not those Kdrama female leads that are very vulnerable to evil and needs some guy to protect her that sort of girl. That’s why I liked her. A lot.

Not sure why Knetz disliked her..Crying scene I cried with her :tears:

PS. Out of all the dramas I’ve watched, she is the first female lead that I liked and remembered her name. Cause she is the only one that I actually give a dong (Korean word, if you know what that means :rolleyes:)about haha.

2:42 of BTS, “All Hail The Bromance!” JEC is like “What about me?!” Man, she is always alone ah..

Yea, I thought the bromance was so cute.  Would love to see more behind the scenes.  I wanted to see  the fight scene between the boys.  I can just imagine such a tense moment and as soon as they hear cut, just laugh and give each other a hug.  Really wish ocn would start having english subtitles for the international fans.  So glad to have found this forum and nice to see so many comments about the show.

12 hours ago, akiera said:

Its great that the drama is being liked by knetz but its reallllly sad that Jung eunchae is not given the credit she deserves. All the time she cried like in the earlier eps while eating jajangmen and this ep when she was pleading with her sunbae to not give up and also when she was avoiding his eyes to hide her tears. I cried all these times. She is reallyy acting in character. The character of GY was consistent from the beginning. Her transformation was also well done. Her representation of GY is really detailed like from the dressing to everything.

This!!!!

Some people are just awful. I find her great acting as GY as well.

12 hours ago, akiera said:

and the only actor I was little unimpressed with was Ahn nae sang. Since every body is saying he is a great actor, I don't dare to say otherwise. Its just that whatever roles I have seen him in he has the same world wary looks, eyes, expressions and mannerisms. It seems like there is no variation.

I thought i am the only one who think this way. Lol

26 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I thought i am the only one who think this way. Lol

I think that is like his signature face. Even though it looks bland but I think his vocals completes everything. I don't know but I find it okay to see him act.

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

I think that is like his signature face. Even though it looks bland but I think his vocals completes everything. I don't know but I find it okay to see him act.

Hmm.. i have no issues but it's just that I can't get past the look. Lol.

For example in Miss Hammurabi. He was like a "corrupted" judge who wants people to carry his balls. So he has this look.

Then almost end of the drama, he switched side.

And it's the same look. 

So I was like... Are you good or bad? :sweatingbullets:

But hey.. it's just me.

He's good afterall. :D

Besides now in The Guest, that look make it even harder to guess if he is really PID or just a fanatic! :joy:

51 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

For example in Miss Hammurabi. He was like a "corrupted" judge who wants people to carry his balls. So he has this look.

And it's the same look. 

But hey.. it's just me.

Besides now in The Guest, that look make it even harder to guess if he is really PID or just a fanatic! :joy:

Haha, I think his face fit to be a villain but never a good person. Like him in kill me heal me, he is a violent father, it fits him haha!

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

And it's the same look. 

But hey.. it's just me.

He is also in Heart Surgeons. There his character is a person who is nosy, irritating and tries to get things done by sucking up to the people above. He never takes risky surgeries and his life mission is to make his son, who is not realllly a good doctor, to have a stable career. I doubted him first because of his shifty eyes in guest but then I saw him in HS and he almost had the same expressions. He is a familiar face but I don't particularly remember seeing him anywhere. I think PY is the most memorable role of the actor for me till now.

3 minutes ago, Wotad said:

how is this show? is it scary or what. 

where does everyone watch it ? 

Great and not scary at all, although I really hate horror movies. It is indeed very dark, bloody and tense but to my surprise, I am not scared at all. Maybe it is because I knew what was going to happen... as I started watching this drama very late.

Ahn Nae Sang was in maids too. That emperor, I don’t like him...KDW is in that too, his character also...hm...his emotions are great in that but just the character...Ah. Too naive haha.

@Wotad it’s lovely and nice even though it handles dark contents. Haha. The suspicion game is high in this drama. :) 

10 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Ahn Nae Sang was in maids too. That emperor, I don’t like him in maids...KDW is in that too, his character also...hm...his emotions are great in that but just the character...Ah. Too naive haha.

@Wotad it’s lovely and nice even though it handles dark contents. Haha. The suspicion game is high in this drama. :) 

will have to find somewhere to watch it then with good subs ;p

52 minutes ago, Wotad said:

how is this show? is it scary or what. 

where does everyone watch it ? 

Welcome!

We love it here!

It's dealing with dark and heavy materials here like possession and exorcism and it's scary (for me).

If you want to have your brain fried, have a good jump in your seat and the occasional goosebumps... watch this! :lol:

P.S: only shipping of the bromance here! :love:

11 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Welcome!

We love it here!

It's dealing with dark and heavy materials here like possession and exorcism and it's scary (for me).

If you want to have your brain fried, have a good jump in your seat and the occasional goosebumps... watch this! :lol:

P.S: only shipping of the bromance here! :love:

I love OCN's drama last year called Save Me so hope this is as good ;p where do you watch this?? 

I am giving up to write the full length narration of my opinions on the events happening according to timeline chronological order since PID time. It's too lengthy (sigh). I am just gonna randomly throw some of my thoughts in the following points:

• After watching episode 14 and the preview for next week, I am 70% leaning towards the Haraboji as PID (or the vessel of PID) all along, and Father Yang is just PID's right-hand man and worshiper. I might be wrong and overthinking :lol:. But, I am making the assumption based on many scenes that seems to be supporting this theory: 1) Priest Choi last words that said PID still in the Haraboji's house; 2) HP's dad said that Haraboji is PID at the inn; 3) Before being possessed for the second time and jump off the bridge, HP's dad asked HP to run as far away as he can (without asking him to bring Haraboji along). The facial expressions he had when he was about to tell HP the truth about PID looks like someone who just got betrayed by someone real close such as a family member. 4) PID materializes itself in front of HP in the hospital where Haraboji is warded + we never knew whether it was really HP's dad that stabbed Haraboji; 5) the "thing" is buried under Haraboji's house yard, something that YK could recognize right away (I am still wondering what is that "thing"); 6) After YK died, HP sat beside the comatose Haraboji, telling him that YK, the shaman his Haraboji didn't like because YK is too strong has passed away;  7) Haraboji, who could not ride cars has been travelling back and forth to Sangyong City to meet someone (or actually to possess people?); 8) If Father Yang is not lying, Haraboji might have really went to meet Father Yang, but not to counsel HP's father, instead to arrange tactics to deceive HP using his father as the pawn. 9) Haraboji disappeared from his bed at the end of episode 14 + in the preview, Priest Yang holds someone hands which seems to me Haraboji's - from the jacket. 10) Father Yang keeps mentioning that HP is distracted and could not see the truth and what's real - which something like "PID is right under your nose, kid!"   I am wondering why did HP was sent away to distant relatives, why his Haraboji not taking care of him? Was it really because he want to keep HP away from PID, or he actually doesn't want HP to know his changes / activities? Well, this is just my assumption. Sorry to those who are on Haraboji's side. Haha. :phew:  But remember, demon/devil/Satan, it is their nature to deceive and to pretend. We all might have been deceived all this time for 14 episodes! :w00t:  Perhaps, that's the reason the staffs/casts said there will be a great twist. :rolleyes:  At the same time, I hope my assumption is wrong, because..... poor HP :tears:

• In the preview of next week's episode, the trio are meeting an old man on wheelchair. I am suspecting that old man might be the boy who survived in the well. He might have the key on how to vanquish PID. Who knows... :rolleyes:

• Through Seo Yoon's arc (psychic little girl), among the information that can be gathered is that: 1) a psychic's body is the perfect host/vessel for demon; 2) a psychic seems to be easily controlled if they succumb to the demon(?). Well, looking at how Seo Yoon allowed/invite all the evil spirits in the house, and then get possessed by just letting them all inside her; 3) the biggest advantage of a psychic is that he/she can see the demon who possessed the person as it is, not as a person, while others can't. There might be two contradicting reasons why PID obsessing over HP: 1) for reason no 1 and 2 above. When the possessed Det. Go whispering things to him, he seems to lose himself. When Mateo doing the exorcism to Det. Go, Det. Go did not only trying to cancel the prayer's effect by questioning and mocking Mateo's suspicions and reversing the incantations, but he also directed the reversed incantations to HP to get something out of him. Perhaps to get him into trance and kill Mateo;  2) On the other hand, HP will also be the reason to PID's doom. When the effect of exorcism completely wears off, HP psychic ability returns and he can identify who is the real PID. HP has been quite strong in his will to resist from following PID's desire. I think he has been resisting him too 20 years ago. So, PID is desperate to make him change his perspectives and be the vessel, otherwise, killing HP is the only solution for PID's survival.  Since the blind female shaman suppressed HP's ability along with PID's energy, I think, PID has been controlling the inferior spirits to do his "dirty job" killings human to absorb the dark power to regain his "strength". And thus, the effect of the suppression to HP's psychic ability cracked (because the concept is that HP is linked with PID's). 

• I think PID during his lifetime is a psycho or megalomaniac (which inherited by PHJ:rolleyes:) who succumbed to the devil's whispers and promises, or perhaps even made a contract with the devil to kill in order to be powerful by becoming a superior spirit (not just any spirit). That's why he has been on blood lust and killing without no reason, and has been talking about how he is different, from other world and he need to kill his family in order to be revived as something else. 

Does anyone having premonition that the writer will shadily (ooppsss!) ends the drama with HP as PID? <_<

p/s: I saw the teaser for the new medical exorcism drama (The Priest). I saw in the teaser they recite the incantations in Latin~! :w00t: (Or did I hear it wrong?). I think I am going to watch The Priest too. It will be a Saturday-Sunday drama after The Player. The thread is already available here. See you guys there in November~! Haha! :phew:

@ellelyana88 I really enjoyed reading your post and I am thinking exactly like you. Haraboji has to be PID, moreover I would like to add two points why it has to be the haraboji:

- Notice that when HP revealed his shaman powers, just right after we witnessed the return of possessed people. And this is not a coincidence. So only the grandfather recognized and accepted his shaman powers. It was not revealed among the villagers.

- Secondly, we shouldn't forget that the harabogi has been targeted twice by possessed people. He was stabbed each time... There is not a better way to divert attention and suspicion... Striking is that the moment HP got suspicious of his grandfather, a day later HP's father stabbed him which changed HP's behaviour towards his grandfather. This incident made him look like a victim and made him forget about the possibility that priester Choi might have revealed the truth: PID was still in the house. 

- Thirdly, this would explain why father Yang visited HP's house back then. In front of the father, it was to do some exorcism but in reality, father Yang had to come in order to see why HP couldn't become possessed at all. If father Yang was already a demon and the right hand of PID, the latter wanted to have his opinion. So the exorcism was the excuse for Yang to pop up. 

Like you pointed out, a psychich person is the perfect host for a demon but it wasn't working on HP. He even hurt himself which proves that HP was conscious to a certain extent. Yang said that he was not possessed which can be partially true. Then the moment father Yang left the house, HP feels as if the demon has left his body. Yet, we didn't see him spiking out some water like with the other possessed persons. Either this could be seen as a clue that HP had not been entirely possessed or that HP's psychic powers are really strong. Finally, we discover that the haraboji incited the father to "kill" his son so that HP left home. This way, he made sure that HP would only trust him, the haraboji. One by one, HP lost his relatives and got isolated. HP liked his grandfather more and more which is PID exactly wanted. 

@alekaonu  

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Finally, we discover that the haraboji incited the father to "kill" his son so that HP left home. This way, he made sure that HP would only trust him, the haraboji. One by one, HP lost his relatives and got isolated. HP liked his grandfather more and more which is PID exactly wanted

I forgot to write about the third point you point out above. After HP's dad died, in fact, when he just got possessed, I realized that the one who lied about who else left in the room with HP 20 years ago was Haraboji. He was inciting HP's dad to kill HP, then suddenly stopped him in front of HP, in order to make HP resent his dad and his dad left home. Haraboji also has been avoiding HP's question why he did not run away like his dad. Hmm..

I was actually wrote an even extreme assumption (but then deleted it) that Haraboji has been with PID's vessel since he witnessed Lee Chul Yong floating on the sea for 3 days. PID might have went to him. 

It is bugging me that all the possession and death to HP's family occurred right after the extended family know HP is a psychic. Think about the first episode. The first relative that got possessed was perhaps PID's way to confirm HP's ability. However, this theory also can be debunked by the fact that, the young HP should have seen PID in his granpa. 

So, Haraboji might be PID since just 20 years ago, not since 60 years ago. Haha! (Too extreme). 

Archived