[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

This episode remains emotional but I feel better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Still, it is a kind of cerebral. The opening scene is unexpected.   

Thanks ktcjdrama for the recap. I really hope that there is no separation, viewers deserve better & brighter episode. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking forward to the end of the drama. The production wasted a lot of time of these great actors. It wasn't what I expected, so frustrating... 3 wasted episodes which supposedly captured every viewer's heart and should be something that you'll feel excited to watch the upcoming episodes. I feel sorry for my beloved YEH and CJM, they deserve a better drama.

Ooh la la, ooh le lei~

I admit I didn't watch this episode. And it didn't fail me by being another mope-fest. Seriously. You have Yoon EunHye, Chun JungMyung and a FINISHED NOVEL for reference and you pull this richard simmons for 3 episodes. Grar!

And I once said that perhaps only Choego Madame knew what family is... And yeah, she knows what a Chaebols version of family is - my blood and my blood only (matters). Whaaat. This is messed up. The only reason I can excuse her for not saving WooHyun is if both kids were too heavy to carry at once and she tried to go back but the fire got too nasty. Then of course it's time for the pros.

Although... I might be really mean for saying this... but it's been on my mind... but while YooJung's mother's death is obviously not her fault... she died only because YooJung saw fire... and chose to huddle on the sofa instead of getting out. Like really?! It wasnt even that the fire had spread! She still could run out, get out through the windows... but she chose to sit on the sofa for who knows what. Bleurg. Of all the people who could do something then, Dad is not it since he's not even there. YooJung is so emotional I don't get her at all. There, I said it.

The only feeling I got out of this episode from @ktcjdrama's recap is pity for poor Unni. Eek. 

21 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Ooh la la, ooh le lei~

I admit I didn't watch this episode. And it didn't fail me by being another mope-fest. Seriously. You have Yoon EunHye, Chun JungMyung and a FINISHED NOVEL for reference and you pull this richard simmons for 3 episodes. Grar!

And I once said that perhaps only Choego Madame knew what family is... And yeah, she knows what a Chaebols version of family is - my blood and my blood only (matters). Whaaat. This is messed up. The only reason I can excuse her for not saving WooHyun is if both kids were too heavy to carry at once and she tried to go back but the fire got too nasty. Then of course it's time for the pros.

Although... I might be really mean for saying this... but it's been on my mind... but while YooJung's mother's death is obviously not her fault... she died only because YooJung saw fire... and chose to huddle on the sofa instead of getting out. Like really?! It wasnt even that the fire had spread! She still could run out, get out through the windows... but she chose to sit on the sofa for who knows what. Bleurg. Of all the people who could do something then, Dad is not it since he's not even there. YooJung is so emotional I don't get her at all. There, I said it.

The only feeling I got out of this episode from @ktcjdrama's recap is pity for poor Unni. Eek. 

She's a kid what do you expect? That she'll have the smarts to run away? Better if that were the case but it wasn't. It's called plot device.

I'm glad you said it though. Best to let it out of your system.

After the last 3 episodes, I agree that this drama is not for everyone especially since there's a lot of kdrama that has embraced western style of romance. FW is a slow burn. It tells a story of 2 faulty and imperfect individuals. Their motivations shaped by their past. In my world, I think YYJ estranged herself from her father as defence mechanism. A fireman puts out fire while a child is someone you take care of. But the fire incident reverse all that. A fireman cannot put out a fire if he is not at the scene. A child cannot be taken care of everytime but rather a child also has to learn to take care of herself. i see YYJ's guilt rather than hatred because she was not able to do it and so in her own mind she is the reason her mother died. But she chose to load it all.on her father because by profession her father should have been able to take care of it.

YYJ carried that hate and guilt until her adulthood and eventhough she may have wanted to turn back and reconcile with her father, the roots of pain are already too deep to just mend by a simple hello. Sometimes words unspoken at the right time remains just that..unspoken. It will take a lot of hardship, suffering, thinking, and forgiveness to move past that. YYJ is realizing that now.

Personally I love the show but I dislike that there are a lot of unneccessary and prolonged scenes from the supporting cast ( dr bro and wife, reporter and sidekick, KHJ who I sympatized with before but truly abhors now...mean to the bone and delusional). Hope that with the preview of the hug, the remaining episodes will focus on YYJ and CWH and how they will overcome all their problems together.

27 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

And hope for WooHyun's paternal stepbrother. :D

Didn't you see him cross paths with that Wannabe Wife? 

Spoiler

a5kaQ7K.jpg

That's the second time this week. In yesterday's episode, he was on board the same Korean Air flight as that obnoxious girl. 

Spoiler

This is the same guy, right?

67c5Kuc.jpg

And we know that he thought she was shameless and brazen.

Spoiler

He observed, "She's saying that she won't give on WooHyun until the end, even though he has no interest in Choego Group?"

91xNdSy.jpg

We know more about the fire now.  Although he was rescued by WooHyun from the fire, WooHyun was left to roast by his Mommy Dearest.

So there's hope that maybe his guilt and/or gratitude will compel him to help WooHyun in the future... A good deed goes unpunished lol unrewarded.  

42 minutes ago, angelangie said:

thanks girl lols....sorry i wasnt able to help out these week with the capping had too much to do at the office.... ><" and i had to came home to do some of it as well......

not to mention doing some translation for a buddy too lols :) 

Ha! You JINXED the show with your absence, @angelangie!  Maybe if you show up next week the recapping, we'll have good times again on the show.  

You better get paid for your translation work, okay? The holidays are coming and people are always more generous with money this time of the year. :D

14 minutes ago, lunchbox manila said:

YYJ carried that hate and guilt until her adulthood and eventhough she may have wanted to turn back and reconcile with her father, the roots of pain are already too deep to just mend. 

Which is pretty much self-induced pain for which I have no patience. She's now an adult, not a kid. She's acting like a 10 year old that even her own younger brother gets fed up with her. Where is the logic with this one?

And you know, kids can be smart. And have survival instinct. At least scream or something.

I'm not sure what Western Style of Romance means, but if it means communicating instead of hiding away, I call it maturity.

It feels like she's been so sheltered by Unnie that she doesn't even know how to do anything other than put on a show in front of a camera. What kind of top star is that naive? In the entertainment business? The one that's pretty much ruthless?

This is no hate to Yoon EunHye the actress, let me put it out there first. The writer is just screwing things up.

5 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

No I didn't. Didn't watch the episode. He better not be thinking that she's hot. :vicx:

hahaha. Hot??

I thought there was a funny scene in Episode 11 when Wannabe Wife was trying on her wedding gown and she asked the seamstress to fix the backside. 

She said, "Please emphasize my back line a little more.
Seamstress replied, "Okay. We’ll have to tailor it again, then."  (The implication here is that they'd ALREADY fixed it but it still wasn't enough because she was flat as pancake back there.)

She glared and ordered, "Do it again.”

My instant thought was: Yes, please make her backside plumper. I don’t want to cut my foot on her bony bum when I kick it. :phew:

1 hour ago, xxPeepsxx said:

YooJung is so emotional I don't get her at all. There, I said it.

YJ reminds me of someone I know--she was so over-emotional that she cried and screamed when I got hurt, so everyone paid attention to her and tried to calm her while I (the one with the injury) was completely ignored.

Some people are just like that.  But I wish they weren't.  And I blame the writers of this show for not doing something better with YJ's character--at the very least she should have had a chance to grown and change.

My only feeling is frustration (aside from feeling bad for manager).  I have gotten really tired with this drama and now I'm just waiting for it to be over.

Spoiler

Just watched ep 11. Wow this episode was more annoying than ep 10!  Most of it just filler. And having to watch the "friend" mope around with sad music, was the scriptwriter really trying to make us pity this jerk?.... :huh:

But speaking of jerks and richard simmons,

since the drama is giving such free range for the evil chaebol richard simmons richard simmons girl and still refusing us seeing the richard simmons BUUUURN, here, I bring you all a cookie :cookie: :

anigif-enhanced-buzz-11822-1365027499-3.

This is her burning. .:tounge_xd:

Since we cannot have it yet on screen, let's settle for this GIF  and just look at it & imagine it's her, anytime she's being her usual devil incarnate self.    #Burnrichard simmonsBurn :tounge_xd:#MentalDistressReliefFromrichard simmons

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

And hope for WooHyun's paternal stepbrother. :D

Didn't you see him cross paths with that Wannabe Wife? 

Is that him....? I didn't remember his face. But anyway, good for him to be interested in HJ... Go, both of you, far-far away from our OTP so we can watch fluttering moments again....

7 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Which is pretty much self-induced pain for which I have no patience. She's now an adult, not a kid. She's acting like a 10 year old that even her own younger brother gets fed up with her. Where is the logic with this one?

And you know, kids can be smart. And have survival instinct. At least scream or something.

I'm not sure what Western Style of Romance means, but if it means communicating instead of hiding away, I call it maturity.

It feels like she's been so sheltered by Unnie that she doesn't even know how to do anything other than put on a show in front of a camera. What kind of top star is that naive? In the entertainment business? The one that's pretty much ruthless?

This is no hate to Yoon EunHye the actress, let me put it out there first. The writer is just screwing things up.

Yup she's an adult now that's why I said YYJ is realizing now the effects of her actions but it will take some time because the head can be stubborn and the heart gets stone cold as time goes by. 

Obviously YYJ's survival instinct did not kick in. She panicked and got scared. 

i agree that she is very sheltered not just by the manager unnie but by everyone around her. 

What I meant by Western style is skinship and instant gratification (short development). CWH and YYJ, started naive. They may think it's love but I see it as comfort, attraction, and flutters. Their real love story wil start by end of the story I think.

I've read a lot of complaints about it. I have my share of critiques about how their relationship is written but I suppose 2 people who have a lot of insecurities, self doubt, and baggage won't be able to love another fully. They have to let go of their pasts to start a future.

All these are the reasons why I empathize with YYJ. Yes she had a choice to be who she wants to be but I am a firm believer that you are shaped by your natural instinct and by the environment you grow up in. That is why YYJ's character is complex. You can see the struggle within her to be independent and act according to her nature but more often she restrains herself because she was brought up shielded. This is not the first time that I've watched a main character go through such development. From someone ignorant and helpless to someone who is able to stand on their own and choose their own path. Anime shows have a lot of these. I love me some faulty characters.

I don't mind criticism of the character because we all have our own cup of teas. I have patience to wait it out til the end and so I will hold judgement on YYJ's shortcomings.

Production wise, it's lacking. Story wise, too many fillers. Love story, too little screen time. Other than that, I'm good.

YEH and CJm's Acting - A++++

Unnie and YYJ's hospital scene - heartwarming

I haven't posted in a while because I'm way behind on the episodes (got caught up watching another drama LOL) but I just have to say that love the way YJ's manager dresses. She always looks amazing.

And even though I find YJ's lipstick colour distracting, you can't argue the fact that she has an amazing body. LOL

Archived