[Drama 2018] Fluttering Warning / Love Watch, 설렘주의보

0ly40

You know what? I am convinced the reason why I am not really supportive of YYJ is that her lines are not convincing. That means the writer is writing crap or lame and superficial drivel.

YEH can be convincing when she acts her life out. She exudes the character. But for some reason the stylist is ageing her with the really strong colours. And mismatched top and bottoms. Plus the dangly earrings. I still haven't gotten over the forest green striped top plus that awful pants. Or the lace dress when she met the mother. How come she is not dressed classier for a top star? 

And I know she has a full lower lip. I am not sure if it is because of Botox or not but MAN the colours are so strong.

Then her voice is always pitched slightly higher than I am used to compared to her previous dramas. So between the distracting lipstick, the god- awful dressing anf accessories and her smiley high pitched voice; I can't work out why she doesn't seem sincere and real. I can't picture her as a top star and an adult.  Does she behave or her mannerisms like a mature savvy personality? I don't need her to be intense and series. But man that way of talking and the too youthful way of talking is jarring. It is perpetually taking me out of the moment. I have watched Lie to me at least 5 times. Coffee Prince over 20 times. Plus Goong. One would think I would know the sound of her voice by now.

YEH sounds as if she is saying a line where else in the other dramas she was the character. Here, I don't feel YYJ.

And yeah the rest of the characters feel the same. All the lines are so trite. And predictable. And man the guy playing the actor truly sucks. His face has NO expression.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ck1Oz honestly I am pretty disappointed with her 5 year comeback. I said before and will say again... Her stylist and makeup artist screwed her overrrrrrrr big time.... For a "top star" role..... Her  visuals  are prettttty dis.taste.ful.. Many of times they come across as super gawdy over the top. There were few scenes where she looked good #1 her bare face when she talked to WH while she was warded. #2 when she packed her luggage for her beach vacation #3 dancing scene with wh #4 kiss scene during beach holiday plus a few others...... Regarding her voice, there were some scenes where i had to turn down my volume cos it sounded pretttty crac.kly.. I noticed it tooduring her TVN variety... Pretty awkward to watch but there have been reports of having nodule issues (so can't be help, thats just really unfortunate...) to sum up.... Really gutted after having high anticipation for her comeback aft 5 bloody years... And sincerely believe she's a reallly down to earth and kind human being but sometimes the cards are just not in favour (so many up and coming actresses and >35y/o actresses who are older but are pretty sizzling on small screen) so life is realllllllllly unfair goddammit. 

Netizens have been saying that Han Go Eun (playing yj's unnie) would be a better choice for the lead cos her styling is more decent and classy looking.... And her lip looks normal at least (well, she got the right makeup artist),........ That's just the way it is. Her reputation in korea right now is pretttttttttttty filmsy right now cos of her fatal decision to join a variety.. I thought it'll be better once the show settles but I guess nooooo. Primarily Cos of her styling team

. My only hope is...... Her coordis stop making her look ugly+ we will have decent last 6 episodes to enjoy. 

Cjm's killing it! Just hope the writers will do cwh some justice. If not, my heart will reallllly break because he's incredibly talented!!!!!! 

Sorry if i'm being a wet blanket or whatsoever but just wanted to vent out, and nooooo I'm not against YEH or anything, just really sad how things are going for her.. 

I rarely post my comment lately but I still follow this thread. And I really appreciated most posters here who are always giving their insights, views and interpretations about the plot and the characters itself. Through their thoughts/reasoning I could understand more about the plot/ scene and the meaning behind it. So I thank them for making this thread alive and more meaningful despite this drama doesn't has huge followers like the others. 

I know that some people are viewing and saying that the plot is overused and nothing new. They maybe right. But it's also depend on the execution. Beside the execution, the chemistry between the main leads is also important especially when it's a romcom. And that's what this drama can delivered. 

@ck1Oz you said that YEH doesn't immers in her character, I beg to differ. You see, YEH & YYJ has something in common yet they're very different. They both working in showbiz as an actress but they have different personality. YYJ is more open/honest and takes on challenge than the real YEH. And I think she delivered the personality of YYJ so far. That's why some posters here took it seriously, when YYJ leaving CWH with SH after knowing he's actually a chaebol illegitimate son, and mad at her/her character (and becoming CWH team lol).

As for her lips, didn't someone said (in this thread) that she's using (and promoting) plump lipstick (lip plumpers)?

Just want to show you that nothing's changed with her lips.

Take a look at @x7CVYSCbbnFIoAn's Tweet:

@36807D you said that netizen saying that Han Go Eun would be a better choice for female lead. But have you think that IF she's the female lead, could she attracted viewers interest to this drama like YEH did ? Whether you like or not YEH has still many followers internationally more than HGE. That's why this drama has been sold to Japanese TV even before it's aired in Korea.

PS And don't try to initiating a fan war by praising CJM (like you really care) and demeaning YEH

44 minutes ago, lonetwilight said:

@36807D you said that netizen saying that Han Go Eun would be a better choice for female lead. But have you think that IF she's the female lead, could she attracted viewers interest to this drama like YEH did ? Whether you like or not YEH has still many followers internationally more than HGE. That's why this drama has been sold to Japanese TV even before it's aired in Korea.

PS And don't try to initiating a fan war by praising CJM (like you really care) and demeaning YEH

Whoa whoaaa... Chilllllllll. First and foremost I am not  intending to start fanwars and whatever I stated has no intent of malice(can't be helped if you took it that way) .... I was just purely stating my opinion in a rational manner(isn't what the purpose of this thread was????) 

When I mentioned about netizens blabbing about how they felt HGE was a better fit for leading role ... It was UNDER THE CONTEXT of my point about how critical the reception netizens were giving towards YEH. Why not you head over to the Official mbn thread and share with them your opinions? 

I simply stated my opinion on cjm's  character which  seeemed to be the most attractive and saying how i reallly recently liked him as an actor through this drama. Did you read any part of my post that include bashing towards YEH?And... How. Does. That. Add. Up. To. Me. Intending. To. Start. A. Fanwar.......??? (i don't see how expressing my liking towards cjm would initiate a fan war....) 

@lonetwilight the whole point of my previous post was to vent my frustrations about the styling and makeup team of YEH. You quoted the picture with her character in Goong 12 years ago and her current character in FW, proving the point that she got no work done, which I'm fully convinced, cos knowing her it's not something she will do... Which is why it's so frustrating because her visuals onscreen are many of time... Prettty off... which is not due to her getting work done obviously but because her team is not giving her looks that actually suit her. And that could be prevented...... 

49 minutes ago, 36807D said:

Whoa whoaaa... Chilllllllll. First and foremost I have am not intending to start fanwars and whatever I stated has no intent of malice(can't be helped if you took it that way) .... I was just purely stating my opinion in a rational manner(isn't what the purpose of this thread was????) 

When I mentioned about netizens blabbing about how they felt HGE was a better fit for leading role ... It was UNDER THE CONTEXT of my point about how critical the reception netizens were giving towards YEH. Why not you head over to the Official mbn thread and share with them your opinions? 

I simply stated my opinion on cjm's  character which  seeemed to be the most attractive and saying how i reallly recently liked him as an actor through this drama. Did you read any part of my post that include bashing towards YEH?And... How. Does. That. Add. Up. To. Me. Intending. To. Start. A. Fanwar.......??? 

Nope, you're not writing your opinion in a rational manner judging by your choice of words. It seems YEH choice of her drama comeback disappointed you so much. While we, the regular posters in this thread, are enjoying it. 

It's not the only time you posted your disappointment with this drama in this thread. If you don't like this drama that much and not enjoying it the way we do, why don't you watch the other dramas who could fulfil your interest instead ?  

What i like about YEH is she dares to be different even if it means at times she needs to be ugly for certain scene, for e.g. sad scene, etc. She always changes herself or style like a chameleon. Everyone has a choice whether to watch dis drama or not. If you feel you cannot stand the actor or actress, just quit watching. Do you know her long earrings are now a trend everywhere? I will always support FW and the whole casts. As a whole, they work as a team. GOD Bless FW!

5 hours ago, 36807D said:

honestly I am pretty disappointed with her 5 year comeback. 

@lonetwilightmy disappointment was refering to the reception of netizens towards her in the drama. I naively thought that once the drama settles, k-netz would have a kinder stance towards her but unfortunately wasn't the case.... Nothing in my post mentioned anything about my disappointment towards the drama, her choice of drama after 5years.. Styling choices? Yes, but that's the fault of the coordis. 

I don't see how expressing "disappointment" is perceived to be irrational. 

31 minutes ago, 36807D said:

@lonetwilight the whole point of my previous post was to vent my frustrations about the styling and makeup team of YEH. You quoted the picture with her character in Goong 12 years ago and her current character in FW, proving the point that she got no work done, which I'm fully convinced, cos knowing her it's not something she will do... Which is why it's so frustrating because her visuals onscreen are many of time... Prettty off... which is not due to her getting work done obviously but because her team is not giving her looks that actually suit her. And that could be prevented...... 

You should watch the other drama i/o FW drama, because you are not enough mature to see the beloved heart of a human. You don't understand the human being worth and the good content will develop to reach the love, thoughtful, meaningful and everlasting. That is suitable with the title of the drama " flutter", not " love at sigh". The appearance is focused to express the character in different situation. In my point of view, the content of drama and the spirit of the team, the effort and the appearances are very logic and properly with the scenes and the characters. 

6 hours ago, 36807D said:

Netizens have been saying that Han Go Eun (playing yj's unnie) would be a better choice for the lead cos her styling is more decent and classy looking....  

Take it back  :D The two of them will never match she is too boring and too serious to put smile in his face .

I just rewatched all the #WCH scenes and I noticed how beautifully WHC smile was ,when he was with YYJ ,he couldn’t be happier.she is the reason of his happiness .

BBC8-B8-EC-23-A1-4-C93-8047-8171489-CD65

For me she is such a good actor, even when she dress like a lamb:lol: , she acted her roles brilliantly, She may /may not got a giant lips but it didn’t put me off the drama ( personally) I am sure it didn’t make her look like emotional cripple either .she use these giant lips beautifully.

402DDCE6-30D7-4D62-93D3-949E1853B597.gif

I would loved if she make other part of her body a giant as well :tounge_xd: 

10 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I can't work out why she doesn't seem sincere and real. I can't picture her as a top star and an adult.  Does she behave or her mannerisms like a mature savvy personality? I don't need her to be intense and series. But man that way of talking and the too youthful way of talking is jarring. It is perpetually taking me out of the moment.

Yoon Yoo Jung lost her family context since a young age and became a top star then her manager did everything for her as she said to Cha Woo Hyun. While bearing this, it was probably not easy for her to get out of this drama so she stood youthful and really refreshing. Moreover she did not have a relationship for more than 100 days till she met Cha Woo Hyun. As it is said in Love Alert she can play and understand well her rom com roles but she is unable at the moment to live them. When there is such a lack of love like this for her, she could only maintain her youthful mind, kept being sincere and true to herself, grew up slowly while trying to be there for her brother. Her issues are not finished so she will grow again while settling them... Yoon Eun Hye exudes the character. 

You know what? I am convinced the reason why I am not really supportive of YYJ is that her lines are not convincing. That means the writer is writing crap or lame and superficial drivel.

Her lines convinced me since the beginning when she was eating the meal that Cha Woo Hyun cooked for someone else: Is it because you don't want to eat alone or because you wish you could eat with someone else ? ... I set the table like this till I was... and when she reassures him: we know each other... Let's eat together. She reassured him later when he discovers his mother real motivations. And there is the wonderful poetry quotation on the painting that sums up their hindrances. There are many other beautiful lines from Yoon Yoo Jung that are soothing ones. By the way the sha la la effect grew on me. Her acting speaks louder than words. 

@lonetwilight really? The lipstick I mean? Yes I did go to her old dramas and literally stared at her lips. Couldn't work out why it looked almost the same then when I watched the episodes, the colours are so strong that it is literally distracting. Well yes then it worked. It looks so plump that it dominated her whole scene.

And this is not an answer to your comment... are long dangly earrings the trend now in S Korea? Or YEH started a trend in SK? Since as far as I know it is winter now and snowing. And she is older... YYJ. I guess it can be fashionable with a younger crowd. I am older and for the life of me can't work out how a rich actress who technically should be having a cordi is dressing in such clashing colours and ageing style. What's her name Kang dresses too boring. Then YYJ is mostly in strong colours. There's a reasonable number of females in my work area and age range. So we do have suits, skirt/ top combo as well as people wearing dresses. That can be feminine or formal. Even taking in the mix of formal occassions vs casual occassions ( there might be at least 50% Asians mix at my work ) the stylist for this drama has appalling taste. I am not a banker or a lawyer where we have to dress ultra conservatively so we have some younger colleagues who come to work in bright jewel colours. Or some really nice dresses. And accessories. Off hand I can only recall one lighter coloured floral dress but thats it. 

Not dissing YEH you understand since I just avoided dramas where I didn't like the plot. But with YEH and CWH who are both amongst actors I like- am having difficulty being interested in YYJ.

It is not just YYJ. It is the lines. Didn't the lines from people sound trite? They should be sincere. Just turns out not. Like when her brother talks sprouting concern about his noona.

@Gracedberry read your post after I finished this post. Yes I remember the dinner scene. That was memorable. But quite a lot of her other lines were meh. I think I recall her talking to the tree. Or the sit down dinner scene in the hospital. And then we have some of the exercise corners lines...

Its good you like it its fine. Not everyone likes the same scenes or views it the same way. I am honestly switching off my brain analyzing this drama. I have to switch my brain to write short blurbs now promoting another drama so am switching to a melo revenge mode. Take care. Enjoy the rest of the show.

To continue...

Or when her CEO is thinking. Then she sorts of frowns then makes the gesture then says her lines. It sounds so artificial. Like she is being directed to be cool and sophisticated but comes off false. Can't put my finger on it.  I will admit here that I have been mostly watching it raw and only briefly going through subbed for some scenes. It is not a profound drama and I wasn't expecting a profound story. I just wanted an engaging contract relationship drama.

You know when it crackles and sizzles? 

The secondary cast doesn't engage me. And neither does the supposed upcoming 2nd couple. Zero chemistry.

I am not that indignant over it. I am just very disappointed. That's why I have hardly commented on the episodes. Am clearly stating that this is my opinion. And people are allowed to have opinions. Unless something changes drastically with the writing... and the brother, reporter, CEO, anyone upts their lines- this won't be a memorable drama. I mean look at the his work place. The hyung and his wife. It is such obvious writing. The bumbling older senior and his desperate to succeed wife. The actor has done better work. He is 48 yrs old after all and been in the industry a long time.

The story is just not gelling. The elements are there. The outline. The various types of characters. But it is not flowing seamlessly or being convincing. This is NOTHING to do with how hard working a cast is. This is to do with acting abilities of some. Or those who don't have it. The writing. The director.

And yes I am watching other dramas. I usually manage over 10hrs of Kdramss per week so usually have something going on each night. But am trying my darnest to finish this drama and not drop it because usually contract relationships are one of my favourites. And yes I have other things to do. After this post going back to sorting out something drama related. Like reading a character description and trying to summarize it. This drama is relatively popular. At least Korean stuff are translated. I hate having to go to the actual drama website to look for info.

So yeah, in case I don't reply to any people upset over my comments. It's just that I had time to post. And I did. And now I am gone... to start 3 other dramas and work on another. 

Enjoy the break up and make up. Hope they make the angst real and convincing. And the suffering makes me empathize and cry. And someone anyone move a muscle. Swear at least 4 characters have no cheek movements when they speak. Its unnatural.

But for some reason the stylist is ageing her with the really strong colours. And mismatched top and bottoms. Plus the dangly earrings.

Her style is on point, her character is lively, youthful but also sad. Black lace with a bit of white is classy and OK for the circumstances since lace has this religious touch inspired from veils (which means she cares about his mother who is sick, she does not know at the moment what she really has, Cha Woo Hyun tells her later when she really visits her) but it is also sexy as she is Cha Woo Hyun's lady, lace was ambivalent enough for the hospital scene. She is a youthful, lively top star promoting an agency named after her don't expect her to be conventional. She is joined to her character who is an original and breathtaking nation's fairy. 

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

It is not a profound drama and I wasn't expecting a profound story.

Love Alert depicts really well the struggles of an actress and an illegitimate chaebol, the pressure that we could not imagine is depicted there background, love life, career so for me it is a deep story and a good choice of comeback for Yoon Eun Hye as by playing as Yoon Yoo Jung she gave us an insight of what her actress life could be. For me this drama is precious, really deep and funny. Cha Woo Hyun's story is deep he said that because of his parents he could not know what love is. 

I want Yoon Yoo Jung to act or play a role as an actress in Love Alert as we only saw press conferences and background scenes because of the love story scandal.

3 hours ago, 36807D said:

the whole point of my previous post was to vent my frustrations about the styling and makeup team of YEH.

Agreed that the styling and makeup of YEH are not good.  She does not look good in this drama, and it can be distracting.

General reminder:

Please do not post drama unrelated images, informations, videos etc. Images of Yoon Eun Hye which have nothing to do with the drama belong in the respective actor thread.

-Jillia

I am always kind :bawling:  - don’t listen to @xxPeepsxx I am never mean specially when I had my daily dosage of fascination  :scream:

but if your attitude is negative, you should suffer by yourself, don't disseminate that bad effect to others and the fresh air of this forum.

@kitti03 Well thanks you for the relatively civil post despite the dig ( how am I negative):unamused:

I think it’s sad that people with genuine criticism are shot down .why do I need to suffer alone ?! Not that I am suffering I am too layed  back for suffering :naughty:

How about you start practicing what you are preaching , be kind and give me a safe space to express my negativity. :kiss_closed:

@ck1Oz reading your long explanation give me impression that you're very critical to every drama you watch. Make me questioning your motive in watching it. Are you watching it because of obligation (due to job) or just because you watch too many drama already that you detached your self from the enjoyment of watching it ?

Since I'm a picky person I choose to watch a drama that interest me the most. Surely, my interest in watching "Love Alert" at first is because of my bias YEH star in it (I'm also a bit disappointed by her choice of project at first). But it didn't take a long time for me to become engrossed in it. For me what make this drama interesting IS the "chemistry" of the main leads. 

Without the intention of disparaging the second leads or the background story, IT'S the main leads story who's carrying this drama. Both CJM and YEH are believable in portraying their character that some viewers are already shipping them ;) 

And for that reason alone this drama has achieved it's goal : TO ENTERTAIN. 

@Ameera Ali Hey! It was true! :lol:

Anyway, come on people, every drama has its criticisms. You can like a drama and still see it's flaws - the two things aren't mutually exclusive. Just because someone pointed out a criticism doesn't mean it's an attack. And there's nothing wrong with being critical. People see things differently, so they have different opinions, that's all. And everyone's entitled to express their opinions. If no one ever says anything contrary, how can things improve? We'll all just get more Yes Men and more Trump. *shudders* Plus, the moment a drama is broadcasted out there, it's free for all to judge. Let's play nice. And this is a drama. Everything's emotional, nothing's rational. 

Although I do have to add that I think Yoon EunHye's stylist is doing a straight up nasty job here. She looks so tired and blotchy and puffy and dresses like a kid playing grown up. As a person who's seen Yoon EunHye sparkling and shining like she has that "sha-la-la-la-la" background in much better styles before, I'd say the coordi-s here are doing her dirty.

And this drama is seriously old school (like original 1% of anything. I still laugh at Kang DongWon in that one), so I don't expect much. (Just stop mope-ing!)

Archived