[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Go Seung Ji

Preview for next week. Looks like the girls will move in together? 

more fun is in store ...are there multiple love lines??? :w00t:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the first hour... very easy breezy watch, a good break from my current two dramas.  I like the happy sunny cinematography as it is filmed a lot in natural lighting.  A good visual for how it feels after Mr Clean cleaned and decluttered these people's homes and lives. Like the backlighting and pastel coloring.

Bona is very cute.  I don't see too much of an age gap (if they are going the romantic route pairing her with HSJ).  I do miss his forehead though, not a fan of the bang in men.  He's still very fit, thank you PD for the tight fitting shirts!  I hope there will be less screaming by our heroine once she gets someone to listen to her intern woes. :D  The SOS phone booth incident is cute and funny at the same time.  I'm glad they have those booths on bridges, just curious why SK's bridges are often without protective netting considering the risks and suicidal rates in Kdramas.

With the first two customers, Ji Woon removed the source of marital discords by tidying up the apartments.  It's nice to see him cook a homemade meal for grandpa whose unkempt habit caused him to be on his own.  I don't know if he will push the man to fix his problem or just comes in and clean up after.  It's a little more meaningful if he can help grandpa make some small adjustment/compromise with his personality so that he can have grandma back in his life.  For the family with the toddler, cleaning up the apartment gives the mother a chance to rest her and her husband a clean house to come home to after a long day at work.  I think he just wanted a quiet dinner with his wife and reconnect once in a while,  something sorely needed in families with young children like theirs.  You can't afford to give yourselves time as a couple to breathe or forgive your wife for accidentally break your favorite toy.  It was nice to see them communicate and laughed a little one on one.

Looking forward to knowing more about Ji Woon's past.  He worked in big corporation before quitting, not sure if the reason coincides with his past suicidal attempt.  His dad is a lawmaker so I think OCD and order run in the family LOL.  His mom is a physician; that may explain where he gets his compassionate nature in a way.  He only offers help when he recognizes an emotional need from his customers which he can help.  In a way, able to solve their problems is an outlet for Ji Woon who is having his own unresolved problems. 

@triplem Did you notice Da Young's office is the MK corporation building (DoHa's office)  in About Time? :D

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Did you notice Da Young's office is the MK corporation building (DoHa's office)  in About Time? :D

Really ? I didn’t notice. Ironically i was folding my laundry while watching & not paying great attention to the details. The good news is they said this will be an angst free ,warm & light drama. Really don’t mind after all the melo on About Time :lol:

12 hours ago, gladys57 said:

Ha Suk Jin's "unbelievable" when he saw GWH's (loving her acting here too after Waikiki) is HILARIOUS!

As I've mentioned earlier that after seeing HSJ in "I LIVE ALONE" I just cant believe him acting as an OCD housekeeper! :D

may i know how was HSJ in "I LIVE ALONE"? Very different from his character in this show? thanks :)

7 hours ago, screwdila said:

Bookmarking :)

Hello dear! Hope you’ll join us .

Spoiler

By the way we do have a minimum 20 characters ruling for each post. So we normally have to remove posts which are too short . 

—////-

Completely in love with Hawt cleaning Fairy mr kim !  I loved how he identified the root of Sang A’s problem.  He could immediately tell she’s merely a dog & house sitter , and not the Girlfriend. The  mess she’s created is a reflection of the  confused state she’s in . She’s holding on to what’s not hers anymore . So her life and career  are at a standstill . The stinking smell of trash in the apartment is symbolic of the dying relationship. ( I was really thrilled to see mr dimples Kim Seon Ho's cameo , though he’s a cheating jerk here  :sweatingbullets:)

mWIXQfA.png

The best  part was he didn’t have to tell her . He just asked the right questions, made some observations and pretty much allowed her to come to her own realisation. He’s not just helped her to clear up the place, he’s helped her clear up her head . How freeing was that ! You know I do think that the state of our home is sometimes the state of our mind!

I don't know why but I wished they were paired up instead....but oh well...

0YoTukM.png

Noticed that the  other Friend , So Mi the one who runs  the manicure place , has a fear of men - probably related to something bad that her brother did to her when she was younger . Was she abused in some way ? There’s obviously a deep seated psychological problem here. 

rather satisfied, I watched the episodes that came out, I can just say that I love the characters, they each have their personalities. it's pretty amazing how much we show us almost every character, I love the female lead, look forward to see more

Hak Su Jin can I hire you also?  

Business wise this can be a good opportunity of work where you don’t hire helpers and pay low since housing now a days are in condominiums. And I am inspired to have business in cleaning.   

Entertainment wise, the character...

I now want to clean my home. I’m inspired.  

Mr Kim — He must be greatly hurt but also trying to make a point in his decision to accept his family’s decision — I wonder what happened —— I found the cleaning medidating and I also feel proud of his humble job.  

What a refreshing drama about cleaning! By the way, Hak Sun Jin is one of rare actors of Korea. Not everyone know him but all of his works were refreshing to watch over and over again! 

Finding it sexist with the women can't keep house & having to hire a man to clean. It's like a gender role reversal where traditionally men as the breadwinners, women to be excellent at housekeeping. 

Ji-Woon is more than a house helper he's a psychologist too. Well & he's easy on the eyes LoL. I think I like Sang-Ah's character the most? Her interactions with Ddo-Bok the dog are warm, sweet. I like her style too. 

As for Bona, she's OK. There're worse Idol turn actors I guess. Her vocal tone is pretty high though LoL. 

3 Lines Said By Ha Seok Jin In “Your House Helper” That Reflect His Character’s Life Philosophy 

KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Your House Helper” centers around the story of Kim Ji Woon (played by Ha Seok Jin), a house helper who has many nicknames like “Teacher Kim” and “The God of Tidying.” Not only is he someone who helps with household chores, but he also gives helpful life advice and shows great affection towards those he interacts with.

See Also: "Your House Helper" Premiere Joins The Wednesday-Thursday Drama Ratings Battle

Here are three lines by Kim Ji Woon that reflect his philosophy towards both housekeeping and life itself.

“It’s not that they can’t be tidy, it’s that they have their own way of doing it.”

House helper Kim Ji Woon is skilled at everything from cooking to repairs. Just looking around the house once tells him what each homeowner needs. However, he never ignores each customer’s personal propensity just because he’s good at what he does. Kim Ji Woon’s VVIP customer Grandpa Jang (Yoon Joo Sang) is someone who likes the things he uses often to be visible at all times, so Ji Woon factors that in when tidying up the house. He says, “Some people feel a sense of stability and comfort when items are visible and easy to reach. It’s not that they can’t be tidy, it’s that they have their own way of doing it.” This reflects his philosophy of always putting the person living in the home first when doing his job.

Ha-Seok-Jin-1.jpg

“No one uses the word ‘skim’ when it comes to things they care about.”

Spoiler

Kim Ji Woon is a meticulous house helper, so much that Go Tae Soo (Jo Hee Bong) once comments, “It feels like I’m getting a philosophy lecture every time.” He doesn’t take a job unless there is a good justification for needing someone’s help to tidy up. He uses a bacteria measuring device when cleaning the toilet of a building, and the building owner says, “Why bother when you can just skim over the surroundings?” Kim Ji Woon had taken on the job because the owner had said that they wanted to care for the building like a child as they had put their life savings into it. So it didn’t sit well with him that “skim” was used to describe the apartment as, “No one uses the word ‘skim’ when it comes to things they care about.” That line showed house helper Ji Woon’s affection and pride towards his work.

Ha-Seok-Jin.jpg

“You never had a choice to begin with.”

Kim Ji Woon is not only a house helper, but he is also “Teacher Kim,” a person who helps clear one’s mind. Yoon Sang Ah (Go Won Hee) was getting help from Kim Ji Woon when she finds a photo of her boyfriend with another woman and starts to cry. Ji Woon pats the boyfriend’s dog as he says, “You’d get dirty if your owner didn’t wash you, you’d starve if your owner didn’t feed you, and you’d be left alone if your owner just left. You never had a choice to begin with.” Yoon Sang Ah felt like these words were also directed at her, and she finally found the courage to let her boyfriend go after believing that he was the best thing about her. She said, “It feels like you’ve not only tidied up my house, but my mind as well.”

“Your House Helper” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST. Catch the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/06/3-lines-said-ha-seok-jin-house-helper-reflect-characters-life-philosophy/

@triplem

To add onto your post, it's like what Sang-Ah said after Ji-Woon was done cleaning her bf's place. She said she felt her head (her thoughts) got much clearer & more organized after the clean-up. 

'Cause oftentimes when you come home to a pile of clutter & mess it also affects your mood, health etc. So thanks to Ji-Woon, Sang-Ah finally got the courage she needed to move on. 

Oh I hope she gets to keep Ddo-Bok. 

what do they call it? a slice of life drama. it is exactly that, i liked it very much. All actors are pleasantly good, Bona (she is rather new that's why i am specifically saying it) is pretty good too,  my eyes even watered at the suicide hotline scene.  Now i am curious about the nail shop girl, why is she afraid of men so much? might be a very very bad relationship. Also i am curious about the house helper, did his girlfriend or sister or anyone he holded dear maybe killed herself? I haven't been excited about a drama so long and i didn't expect anything fom this show but i am very much liking it, maybe in few episodes i'll move on to the love territory. I hope. 

13 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@triplem

To add onto your post, it's like what Sang-Ah said after Ji-Woon was done cleaning her bf's place. She said she felt her head (her thoughts) got much clearer & more organized after the clean-up. 

'Cause oftentimes when you come home to a pile of clutter & mess it also affects your mood, health etc. So thanks to Ji-Woon, Sang-Ah finally got the courage she needed to move on. 

Oh I hope she gets to keep Ddo-Bok. 

Oh agreed! I think Ddo Bok needs a good owner like her. And no wonder he’s more expensive than other housekeepers. It’s a pretty good deal - it’s better than seeing a shrink ! 

i am looking forward to Kim’s assessment of Da Young’s emotional state. There’s a lot of the past that she seems to be holding on to , and that’s weighing her down. 

I guess Sang Ah is going to set her cap for him and tension will ensue when Ji Woon and Da Young start having feels. But she will eventually hook up with the Lawyer.  Hopefully it’s writtdn well and not tired and cliche.

Episode 2 ends with the camera on Sang-Ah's stilettos and Jin Woo's VO as he enters Da Young's house:

If you ask me what the priority is in cleaning a house. I would say shoes.  Shoes that hurt your feet or pretty shoes that you have never worn.  Those should be eliminated from your doorway.  And with the shoes that are worn out, you must make a decision... whether to fix them or throw them out.  That is the beginning of cleaning up.

That's a pretty good transition from one character to the next, don't you think?  Sang-Ah must throw out her toxic relationship.  I like that he leads her to make a decision but it was actually Sang-Ah who discovered the photos.  Mr Dimple was never a real boyfriend nor did she ever fit his idea of a GF.  For Da Young, she can't manage the house that Dad left mostly because workplace consumed her private life.  It's not that she is messy, she just needs help to get some order in her life. Seeing her going through the photos, obviously she was a once a bubbly carefree fun person with true friends.  She gets taken advantage of by her superiors/managers and can't say no to colleagues.  She feels overwhelmed and in need of someone to listen. Da-Young just have to stop allowing others to take credit for her hard work.  She found old photos of the high school friends just in time that the other 3 girls needed a place to stay. All three are going to help the others in some ways. If they can't, at least Ddo-Bok can help protect So Mi if she feels vulnerable when around men.  Who cannot love that golden retriever :)

On 7/6/2018 at 2:06 AM, bedifferent said:

The SOS phone booth incident is cute and funny at the same time.  I'm glad they have those booths on bridges, just curious why SK's bridges are often without protective netting considering the risks and suicidal rates in Kdramas.

@bedifferent oh my gosh the scene  reminds me of the same exact scenem  same spot from the drama Because It's My First Time (where when Park So Dam also called SOS, cops came think she's commuting suicide took her ito the police station) Well I think writer is also the same.  I remember because it's one of my favorite 8 eps college drama. 

For this one, I'm watching for Ha Seok Jin of course. I'm not a fan of webtoon/rom-com dramas but  if I like the story I watch.  I'm snot sure  how others feel about Bona's acting, but I like her in her previous drama. Acting is not something grand but she's okay.

As for the story. KBSworld earlier had a marathon. I saw ep 2.  Our male lead is OCD. Less clutter  in the house but does it represent  less for his life? He thought of committing suicide from that flash on the bridge. So he's got OCD, it does reflect on his life and how he's brought up and his experience. I have ignoramus question, sorry. Is it sickness?

Edit: strike that question. I just search. :phew:

I just finished all episodes. I'll be honest, I wanted more to watch which means. I like the drama.  Healing story. Slice of  every day life. I guess viewers can relate to  the characters  esp of the friends, the old man, the families for which Ji Woon lend his cleaning services

Im Da Yang's  parent's passed away, left her bankrupt, she lives alone in that the house which she has to pay debt loans and interest.  She's an intern but more like messenger/ all around help in the office ( interns are like that, in someways). Because  her huge house is so messy full of clutter it reflected in her her lonesome state. She asked JW for help to clean up the house, and in future episodes, her life. We can see that a mile a way. In the same way perhaps, she will also help heal whatever he's going through with his family. He chose to turn back his life with his wealthy family. His right hand man/assistant  Tae Soo  would like for JW to go back to his  well off life instead of having  staying  at his cramp small place ( not really small it's bar below). We'll see flashback as we see more episodes. We'll see eventually what led him to to do house cleaning job. I'm sure his advises  stems from his past experiences.  He said...

"But there;s no way for me to open a closed door. I don't even have the courage to knock. That is until that person returns to open the door to an empty house"  -  Kim Ji Woon, Ep 1

Dhb3krCUcAAqz0N.jpg

I like the other characters in the drama.

Han So Mi. The one who owns the nail art shop. I'm guessing her trauma has something to do with her brother. Something awful happened that made her  scared of  men ( as we saw when she was looking for place to rent).

Hye Joo. I like her character. She's the good friend. Simple, always for So Mi or Im Da Yang and for  Song Ah. But she'll have her own arch could be misunderstanding with b/f?

Song Ah. Viewers can relate her.  She makes and designs pearls at home sells this get paid quite well too also well known in design circles but she's like us when at home, messy, wearing plain clothes at home and could care less what she looks like,  taking care of dog.. and then having to deal with ( bf or husband?) who's based in the US but must be having hanky panky with the 'soulmate' artist who doesn't even text back and only do so when it concerns the fluffy big dog ddbok ( yes the dog has name) will  fall for the lawyer Jin Kook ( Lee Ji Hoon character).   Yeah she can that unconcerned jerk of bf (Kim Sun Ho playing that character)

So yeah, I like the drama. You can tell cos I have long post. And I wanted more when last scene ended. Fast sub too so thanks. 

@jongski Have you ever thought of why Ji-woon doesn’t have a girlfriend or a female companion?  I hope the reason is more than just a broken heart.  He comes from a well to do family, the only child with no sibbling (?).  Don’t see him hanging out with other guys either?  His life is too lonely!  Maybe he likes the solitude and lack of chaos.  But where is the fun and spontaneity of life?

What’s in tne envelope that was delivered to his manager/PA?

@bedifferent during his brief flashback ( thought) of himself jumping off the bridge... the woman's voice "then should we die together... or live together"  could be someone special to him enough to commit suicide. About the envelope ( the one given to Tase Soo?) TS only peeked at it hide in the desk drawer,  so we don't know what's inside. I'm guessing since bartender said document  it's got something to do with  the past.  When JW taking the trash- out of the car compartment he didn't see the 1 piece cigarette (I think it was). He said " that car. My mom". Maybe an accident happen? orTS was  talking to someone inside the car. JW ask if he's sick cos he saw hospital receipts. TS pretended he has friends who are doctors. Through out the scene JW was irked.

edit for typo.  below the flashback on the bridge. cr as tag

Archived