[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Go Seung Ji

On 7/6/2018 at 8:21 PM, triplem said:

@triplem  Yess I thought I was the only one who wants them to be paired up. Even from the beginning when Go Won Hee casting announced, I wish she would've been the female lead instead, plus she's been acting since 2012 which I think it's the right time for her to be a lead actress not just a supporting again. She and HSJ only got 10-20 mins on screen together but I really like their dynamic together, her character just brings lot energy on screen and totally an enticing contrast to HSJ's character, she nails it. Meanwhile, I'm still not feeling for Bona's character and her acting yet, she's kinda miscast to me. I know it's too early to say they lack of chemistry but I just feel cold and uninterested everytime seeing her scene with HSJ. I always think HSJ suits better with more dynamic actresses to balance his style of acting and charisma, Bona is still not there yet.I was okay with her in GG 79 but it was more because of her screen partner who has more acting experience than her.

Hope I'm wrong though.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, meiazza said:

@triplem  Yess I thought I was the only one who wants them to be paired up. Even from the beginning when Go Won Hee casting announced, I wish she would've been the female lead instead, plus she's been acting since 2012 which I think it's the right time for her to be a lead actress not just a supporting again. She and HSJ only got 10-20 mins on screen together but I really like their dynamic together, her character just brings lot energy on screen and totally an enticing contrast to HSJ's character, she nails it. Meanwhile, I'm still not feeling for Bona's character and her acting yet, she's kinda miscast to me. I know it's too early to say they lack of chemistry but I just feel cold and uninterested everytime seeing her scene with HSJ. I always think HSJ suits better with more dynamic actresses to balance his style of acting and charisma, Bona is still not there yet.I was okay with her in GG 79 but it was more because of her screen partner who has more acting experience than her.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I'm curious, I saw a simular message, but I do not agree with you, I like the character of bona. Both lead have a nice alchemy, especially when the two face each other and look at each other, it's even sexy.
If not in another point of view, with all these female characters in this drama, writers can put the second lead female with the male lead and a love triangle with the second lead male, would be funny and unexpected, and show the lead female fight to have a professional success, finally I have not seen many drama do it, this is even rare

cea40bee3-1.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtOiWtxX3G7n4xTD1l1PFimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUuB5cZNgd9uvlkCWF7kM

He Cleans Homes & Hearts:heart:

An actor brought me here but it's the story itself that is like a soft whisper constantly in my ear and making me think and rethink the first two episodes.   At first I had this feeling that the woman's voice at the bridge within JW's mind was a past love but like @jongski already mentioned after hearing his words about the car and keeping it clean how important that felt to him and his mention of his Mother.  I wondered first if it was his Mothers car or  if his Mother was dead for a car being clean wouldn't mean so much to a mother that was alive.  Was he abandoned as a child? Maybe the voice was his Mother, was she overwhelmed by life? My mind is everywhere and only time will give me the answers I need...

I do love the complex of each individual story and yet how they are connected as friends or neighbors.  I love the two older men TS & GJ they add such charm to this drama and I have a feeling they both are pushing JW towards DY maybe because they can see that he tries to hide it but that he has real interest in DY and most likely they know a lot we don't LOL:lol:  

JW's room was perfection everyone could use a room like that with every house cleaning tool organized and ready for use.  Everything in it's perfect place including labels and stored within reach WOW I think I may be rewarded in more than just the  beautiful views of him.  He actually is encouraging me to do better myself.  Although I am a bit OCD already...

What I really enjoyed about JW is that he doesn't make his client fell bad by coming straight out and saying what he knows.  I mean he leads the way.  Like wiping a window he makes things clear by allowing them to hear his  creative but honest words but gives them the space to reach the answers on their own.  He is worth much more than he is paid...

He doesn't just clean or organize their homes and places those things they and he can see.

He reaches and opens the door to whats not seen and beyond the surface and behind the masks they each wear. 

Where they need it most, even more than a clean house...

@USAFarmgirl always pleasure looking and reading your post ( and in other threads too), there's a lovely feel to it. 

If we think about this drama, sure there's humor but it feels serious in scenes story arcs presented for each characters.

My first thought about why JW  serious and left his family and well off life could be something that happened with his family (maybe it' about woman he loves. I could be wrong but) since TS mumbling, why JW  endures staying in small room ( w/c isn't small at all but it's probably nothing like his room at his home). Yes JW very organized and orderly. Maybe he grew up with order  in his life. with his family.

How he will affect the the women who will stay at DY huge house? More mess. More shoes to fill the doorway floor. In the last scene he said  the first thing that needs to be prioritize in cleaning the house  are shoes. Shoes that hurt the feet, shoes that's never been worn should be eliminated from the doorway. And with the shoes that been worn out,  a decision has to be made whether to fix them or throw them out. Oh the subtlety, the metaphor for life. Applies to each of the characters "mess" and the choices and decisions they need to make.

DhZGlWzWsAUveCF.jpg

ctto

@jongski  Always enjoy reading your thoughts and posts as well!  I don't know what's hidden in his past but I sure do want to know.  Also I hope TS isn't sick I really like him a lot.  Rather I hope he is paying for someone else's hospital care.  Not hiding his own...

Also I pretty much have no love for guys like SA's man Yong Joon who just used her and my heart broke in her struggling so much and faithfully taking care of his dog that should already be considered hers in my opinion...

orig   He just needed to be kicked to the curb, thankful she did it!!!! 

Bring on someone who deserves her and her love...

Hi all! I've just watched the first two episode and I'm really liking it so far. Slice of life dramas are one of my favourite genre so I'm anticipating this to be good, hwaiting House Helper cast!

So far I'm liking Ha Suk Jin's character. There's some questions that arise after watching the two episodes, like what happened that he was considering suicide? Who was the woman whose voice we hear during that suicide-attempt scene? Is it related to the empty room on the fourth floor? Judging from the president's (TS) reaction who was surprised that JW went to 'that place', something may have happened to the previous (or it is current?) tenant of the empty house and it's someone important to JW.

TS, I like him too. That scene with the hurricane and flying plastic bags cracks me up. But somehow the document he received, could it be related to some medical/health test results maybe? Although it may be too early to reveal, so maybe there will actually be a plot twist - someone else is sick and TS is visiting the hospital for that person instead of him actually being the patient. 

As for the ladies, I am not that familiar with them but acting-wise Bona was a bit inconsistent. On some scenes she's okay but in the rest her acting felt a bit flat for me. Hopefully she will improve in the next few episodes. Go Won Hee was great in her scenes. I particularly liked the contrast in her expression before and after finding the picture of her bf with the 'soulmate' - her crestfallen expression conveyed her realisation of what she has long suspected but ignored. The nail art friend, can't really say for now. But yes there might be some incident in the past that made her so afraid and distrustful of men, and at this point the main suspect is her brother who's flying back to SK.

Oh well, can't wait for the next episode. I wonder how long it's going to take for JW to declutter DY's house (and life)? And I hope we'll learn more about JW's past and why he decided to do what he does.

Till then, happy watching! :heart:

Unfortunately there’s not much I can find online yet for this drama . But I did find the preview for tomorrow 

Hi @meiazza @missirina ! Good to see you guys on board. I really do like what Go Won Hee brings to her character. She’s got that energy about her. I have watched two of her previous dramas - Strongest Deliveryman & Eulachacha Waikiki , and she’s good in her roles . What’s pretty exciting every week is seeing how our cleaning fairy Kim “diagnose”  each of his client & brings healing to them. But it seems like he is in need of some healing too ? It does seem like all this cleaning is also some form of therapy for him

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Unfortunately there’s not much I can find online yet for this drama . But I did find the preview for tomorrow 

Hi @meiazza @missirina ! Good to see you guys on board. I really do like what Go Won Hee brings to her character. She’s got that energy about her. I have watched two of her previous dramas - Strongest Deliveryman & Eulachacha Waikiki , and she’s good in her roles . What’s pretty exciting every week is seeing how our cleaning fairy Kim “diagnose”  each of his client & brings healing to them. But it seems like he is in need of some healing too ? It does seem like all this cleaning is also some form of therapy for him

Hi @triplem Glad to see you here. You are right, it does seems like helping others is his way of coping with something. TS did mention that JW had left home for 5 years already. It must have been something significant that forces him to do something that drastic.

I kinda like the way that he "diagnosed" people as well. Rather than pointing out the obvious to Song Ah, he allows her to come to the realisation herself that at that moment she has a choice to leave or stay, rather than wait to be abandoned in which case the choice is out of her hands. And to the old grandfather, a glance to how the clutter is and JW deftly organised them to the extent where the old man is can see all his things, but in a more tidy manner. I'm guessing the grandfather's wife had passed away? The way both JW and TS keep mentioning his wife makes me a bit suspicious if there is anything more to it (but maybe I'm just being too paranoid - I love mystery so sometimes it makes me overthink things lol).

It's apparent that it's more than just cleaning and work for him (JW). Like his interaction with the ahjumma when he was checking the germ in the female bathroom, he seems to be very picky about his clients. And a house/building to him is more than just a possession, it's a place where one lives their lives and love with all their hearts.

image_readtop_2018_438268_15313298623384images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaCLAzJDdiQ_H-3iH8KQn

More like the house whisperer...

I loved how from the moment JW walked into DY's home all he saw or was focused on were the memories that were created and lived there.  It was as if he was a house whisperer and could feel and see the images that were stored within it's walls.  It was kind of beautiful the way he walked around and imagined the love and life that made this house a HOME.  I'm not sure if it's a talent or gift but as practical and almost unemotional as he comes across it was touching to see him smile when looking into the bedrooms and thinking and seeing within himself what it must have been like...

In a way it told a lot about DY too and just how much her Dad loved her and how much she loved him.   It's why she kept his box's and personal items around her like a wall of love in reminding her of him and I can understand this part so well after losing my own Dad.  It's true even a scrap of paper that he scribbled a quick note on or his voice on your messages.  It's hard to let go of even the smallest or unusual thing that may seem like trash to someone else but to you it's a part of him.

It's not easy letting go...

I also was moved in how fate brought these women together again and even more how a confession can lead to forgiveness that no matter how much time should pass it's never to late to make things right and say those words.  I'm sorry...  Not for their sake but for hers...

I guess the surprise in this drama just might be that while watching JW a writers character clean out homes, lives and hearts.

His tips, ideas, thoughts and inspiration might in fact be helping even me...:blush:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGikrWiISEeI5IjWUajW-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqsSUKnvbdR3HMdVMoEG_

I had to comment here! HSJ is a favorite of mine, so am a little biased. Anyway, I love, love, love this show. I tend to gravitate towards dramas that tug at my heart. Wed-Thur dramas are where it’s at right now. Watching this & WWWSK makes for my happy heart! I can’t wait to watch how the story will unfold. 

Hello everyone.

I know Im late but I finally managed to watch the first two eps. I like it. A light healing drama but (hope) not turn to dark and heavy one when the story start to unfold in the next eps.

3 hours ago, dotonly said:

Hello everyone.

I know Im late but I finally managed to watch the first two eps. I like it. A light healing drama but (hope) not turn to dark and heavy one when the story start to unfold in the next eps.

Agreed. This is one of those sweet candy cotton type dramas. @screwdila It’s a lot more slice of life than it is plot driven . Think the pace will be more on the slow side :D  Also they did mention earlier it’s going to be one of those warm & bright shows with no traditional antagonists. 

——— 

I liked how how he could straight up  Guess that her attachments to the things in her home had more to do with her memories of dad. Nice message there about keeping memories & not things . Also like the bit when he said that cleaning is not so much about what you throw out but what you decide to keep. He’s like the Marie Kondo of Seoul. And it does look like he’s not quite done with Song Ah’s character arc. The girl’s struggling to keep up appearances & obviously will need some life lessons on not keeping up with the Joneses ! 

I was a little disappointed that Da Young ‘s Manager An took credit for the former’s work . I was hoping that she would be a decent person / mentor for DY. Also it would be nice to see more of the second male lead. Seems like a sweet person as well.  

@triplem A sweet candy cotton type drama and slow pace? That's a good news. I need that type of drama now.

And about the voice of a woman, (no matter who she is, someone close to JW or DY) I think that what she said can be addressed to both of JW and DY cos they have quite similar problem at that time (the desperation). Tho the diff are JW remembering his past that still haunted him till now while DY problem happen at present time/recently?

And now is the time for them to solve their problem and healed.

But isn't it that a healing drama is about something that hasn't been settled until the right time or the right person is come?

I could be wrong tho.

Archived