Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

I feel so bad not being able to spend more time with this drama. Work is killing me . Someone send me Kim-saem.  I need him to make me a nice dinner . :rolleyes:

I just watched last week's episode , and for me one of the strengths of this drama is the way they develop the stories of its ensemble cast. One of the highlights in eps 12 was actually how they dealt with Hye Joo's one sided love. Here was CS feeling sore that his crush was in love with HJ and feeling embarrassed he decides to leave.  But unbeknown to him the issue is really with HJ's feelings for him. I felt that the drama really handled this so delicately and did not focus on CS's sexual preference ( because in this day and age , it should not be an issue at all),  but instead showed that love and affections cannot be forced. Hye Joo did a brave thing by confessing. By saying it out, she freed herself from possible regrets. This way she can really start to move on . For me I do not expect CS to turn around and love her - don't think he's bisexual; it would be too cliche and somewhat pouring cold water on people who have different sexual orientations from others.

SQnExKU.png

I am also very happy with how they are developing GaRam and So Mi's friendship (love line hopefully!) . I like how she's becoming braver and speaking her mind. He may be younger but he is wise and is sensitive to her feelings. The actress who is playing So Mi is a very unique sort of pretty. Something I like about her.

GgBHdHy.png

@bebebisous33 I am so sad to read that Sang A is still so hesitant with my puppy Kwon. This guy is madly in love and she's not doing him right. Sang A actually has the most character development in this drama. She's had to learn to eat humble pie ever since she separated from her ex and also when the company she invested in tanked. I hope she will come to her senses soon. I'll watch eps 13 and 14 shortly. 

oh just to add, I know why now Kim saem never wanted to do commercials... the curse of fame!

eWLnZ8c.png

18 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

If a woman I'd never met  turned up out of the blue and said "hey kid, I'm your Mum, come to bail you out of jail", I would DEFINITELY want some proof before believing she was my mother. I think Ga Ram would have done too. She may not be his biologival mother, but if she told him she was, she must have known enough about his family and been able to give enough apparent evidence for him to believe her. With only two episodes to go, I'm falling back on Occam's Razor

Harabeoji! ( I just noticed your fan level :lol:) , what's Occam Razor?

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

@triplem

That must be nice to be so busy.. I wish I could be swamped with something, keeps me occupied I guess (shrug) 

With the actress that plays So-Mi, her deer in headlights look sometimes unnerves me LoL! She may/may not have had work done on her face? 

I was wondering what Occam's Razor is as well! I think the trouble with Sang-Ah is that she obviously needs to be with a man NOT a boy which is what Jin-Gook is sadly... He really acts like a fumbling teenager; too inexperienced at relationships. He needs to mature before gettin' into dates plus he's rushing it too much, heck even I'd be freaked out! 

It's like the drama pits the Sang-Ah/Jin-Gook pairing as comic relief? 

Off screen, the actors who play Da-Young & Jin-Gook have an easy chemistry compared to the rest of the cast...makes me wonder if Da-Young/Jin-Gook are a better match... 

This I notice after watchin' plenty of K-dramas/variety, they put a LOT of emphasis on events/anniversaries etc more than those in the West! And they need to "propose" before dating someone huh LoL?! I mean it's just too insignificant to be such a big deal...what of the engagement later? Fireworks? It just seem a waste of money LoL & superficial.. I guess some girls like grand gestures. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

That must be nice to be so busy.. I wish I could be swamped with something, keeps me occupied I guess (shrug) 

noooo,  i wouldn't mind if  I was busy with k dramas...but work is different :lol:. No choice, have to "cari makan'' . No work, no money.  -_-

I just got off watching ep 13...i found it hilarious that these girls who were also drenched in the rain were all fine and dandy the next day.  But our strong and mighty Kim Saem fell sick  :ph34r: 

OktwtMb.png j7Raexz.png

And my little ship here is sailing ever so nicely...

7mwaYp0.png

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3

@triplem

ANY kind of 'busy' is good for me:D

Again it's K-drama logic:P

Although in Ji-Woon's case, him soaking in the rain was a way to 'cleanse' whatever memory left of So-Hee? Also his way of letting go of "old" to make way for "present"... 

This is what I don't get about our female characters in K-dramas, they own the latest smartphones, the designer bags but can't afford a cheap umbrella LoL?!:lol: 

So in conclusion, only get caught in the rain when you're happy like the girls & you won't get ill:w00t: Get soaked in rain while getting over a love one like Ji-Woon you'd end up sick eheh. 

• LOL 2

All caught up now . So it seems Ga Ram’s back story stole the thunder from two important developments , the confessions of our male leads. Is LSH his mum? Seems so . But what concerns me more is :

1. If it’s true , she’s his mum , I don’t think it’s his place to be upset with JW for moving on & dating another person. I can understand if JW was his dad but JW isn’t. So I don’t understand why he wants to reopen old wounds for JW 

2. I am surprised that JW was so affected by the photo. What happened to the guy who supposedly let go of that past , threw the watch etc. So was he kidding himself ? Has he still not moved on? 

I can see where your disappointment in Sang A lies @bebebisous33 . While I did find the scene hilarious, I was so sorry for my puppy Kwon. I too am not sure what’s with all these big dramatic proposals @Latte_Anyday , but if I were Sang A , I would propose to him. Awkward as he may be , but if a guy as sweet as he is who puts in so much effort ( love that file he had of his restaurant research) were to woo me this way...I’d be the first to ask him to date me.  :D

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

c45f09eb16aa45458728cc2913946ea3.jpg?x=btenor.gif?itemid=10390862

One life touches another that touches another and it just goes on and on...

When I saw in these last episodes how the tables had kind of turned and seeing the ladies shopping and working together for the best reason of all giving back to one who has given to you.  My first thought was how much I truly love this drama because it's life lessons can be seen in many different ways and challenge we the viewers to think about how each of our lives don't just affect ourselves but all those who are around us.  Our actions, our words, the things we do and don't do...

Not just that but there is still learning to be found like in SA who still doesn't get it which is a surprise after her last relationship which to me was a one sided one with someone who never truly loved her or for that matter cared.  To JK total opposite and dang he is crazy in love with her to the point that when I saw him run to get that beer I thought no WOMAN in her right mind would miss seeing that kind of love.  Not only is his heart laid out in front of her his whole body is bowed to the floor it's just to the point that it hurts me to see any man even one who is inexperienced not be recognized for that kind of devotion...

Forgive me, I hate to say it but if SA doesn't wake up and change soon I won't believe that she deserves him or his love.  She maybe stuck in her fantasy world or maybe she doesn't see him as a man but at least she should see his heart and treat him with kindness.  Everything doesn't have to be about her no matter his imperfections or not.  And to me it's what a person is saying on the inside that truly matters most.  I am a woman but I believe RESPECT should go both ways and it's not just about Cinderella its about the

Prince too!!

I have to admit, i skipped the scene about JW and DY visiting her father's grave and when JG want to propose to SA. I cant, im not ready.

And SH, she left her son but can take care of a stranger?

Tollgate polls! if you haven't voted already, please do visit the events section under Home > soompi info > events

based on members nominations, there are 5 polls. look for these threads within the events section here :

tollgate poll 1 - villains

tollgate poll 2 - dramas

tollgate poll 3 - side characters

tollgate poll 4 - OTP, leads

tollgate poll 5 - misc

Kim Ji Woon in House Helper was nominated for leads award #1. you wish the character was real and you could meet him/her. if you agree, cast your vote!

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 3:49 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN~ (Cue: Dramatic BGM) In true K-Drama fashion - The Classic Plot Twist!

Ga-Ram AND So-Hee are re--la--ted...??!!

The whole Jin-Gook/Sang-Ah segment was freakin' HILARIOUS:w00t: Don't let a man like that slip through your fingers Sang-Ah shi! LoL He made a dash to the convenient store the minute he heard she craved Beer MWAHAHAH:lol: What if she asked for oysters!? Would he dived into the sea there & then LoL!? At least there's never a dull moment for Sang-Ah when she's with Jin-Gook:phew::lol:

Awww~ where would this leave Cheol-Soo & Hye-Joo..?? 

Hahahaha you said it. That's kdrama for you! :blink::lol:  but what the heck. I still enjoy this show. So much show I was thinking of j-drama version and all the actors I want to be in the cast. Plus I think spin off for main story between SA and JK.. He's so fluffy

13 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Not just that but there is still learning to be found like in SA who still doesn't get it which is a surprise after her last relationship which to me was a one sided one with someone who never truly loved her or for that matter cared.  To JK total opposite and dang he is crazy in love with her to the point that when I saw him run to get that beer I thought no WOMAN in her right mind would miss seeing that kind of love.  Not only is his heart laid out in front of her his whole body is bowed to the floor it's just to the point that it hurts me to see any man even one who is inexperienced not be recognized for that kind of devotion...

Forgive me, I hate to say it but if SA doesn't wake up and change soon I won't believe that she deserves him or his love.  She maybe stuck in her fantasy world or maybe she doesn't see him as a man but at least she should see his heart and treat him with kindness.  Everything doesn't have to be about her no matter his imperfections or not.  And to me it's what a person is saying on the inside that truly matters most.  I am a woman but I believe RESPECT should go both ways and it's not just about Cinderella its about the

Prince too!!

I agree. His love and devotion to SA. The time he took  searching which restaurant serves the best squid.. the things he needs to do and things he needs to stop. Watching their scenes,  JK  I just want to hug him!

• Like 3

OMO! So it seems LSH is Ga Ram's mum. No wonder he always looks uneasy whenever her name was mentioned! :(

This drama is so relatable and realistic. My elder daughter is just like SA who takes at least 1 hour to doll up. Heeee! :D

Why does HSJ look extra hot in his "manly" looking aprons? I was the only one who was obsessed with his mismatched clothes in 1% of Anything and now I 'm obsessed with his  special APRONS here! :heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I’m starting to think that LSH is a figment of their imagination. She “fixes” them and leaves. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chdom said:

I’m starting to think that LSH is a figment of their imagination. She “fixes” them and leaves. 

Impossible because there is this picture of GR with his mother.

• Like 1

I really didn’t mean anything by  commenting that LSH was imaginary. At this point, it’s more impatience on my end. 

• Like 2

I realised this morning that this is the last week and that made me sad. I wish we got more time with our two leads going out.

• Like 5

The preview for Episode 29-30 is out.

Episode 29-30 Preview:

• Like 7

I came back to admit that I was wrong (I didn't have the time to do it sooner). I hoped Hye Joo misunderstood Chul Soo, but I guess that would have been another drama. :D

I am really happy for Yeon Joon Seok's screen time. I've been liking him ever since Cheer Up. Mr. Kim!, and feared that he would be just a part-timer in this one. I am glad I was, again, wrong.

• Like 2

So the full OST album has just been released. (Including the 6 OST songs that were already released, plus a new OST song and 8 BGM/instrumental tracks. 15 tracks total.)

P0ivLR9.jpg

• Title: 당신의 하우스헬퍼 OST / Your House Helper OST
  • Artist: Various Artists
  • Language: Korean, English
  • Release Date: 2018-Aug-22
  • Number of Tracks: 15
  • Publisher: Blending Co., Ltd. (㈜블렌딩)
  • Agency: withHC (위드에이치씨)
Track Listing
No. Song Title Artist
1. Good Day
좋은 하루
SBGB (새벽공방)
2. The Sea of You
너라는 바다
Sanchez (산체스)
3. Cat Owner
고양이 집사
ABRY
4. Someday Jang Na Ra
5. Smile Again Juniel
6. You You Paxchild (팍스차일드)
7. I'll Clean It
치워줄게요
WE'D (위드) feat. Runy (러니)
8. Overture Park Sung Jin (박성진), Choi Min Chang (최민창)
9. Guest House Park Sung Jin (박성진), Choi Min Chang (최민창)
10. Tear Drop Choi Min Chang (최민창)
11. Flashback Choi Min Chang (최민창)
12. Sudden Shower Park Sung Jin (박성진)
13. Last Scene Choi Min Chang (최민창)
14. Guest House Reggae Park Sung Jin (박성진), Choi Min Chang (최민창)
15. Fussy Choi Min Chang (최민창)

http://www.mnet.com/album/3183747

• Thanks 2

Oh noooo is the ex back in the picture? I hope we’re just being trolled . But DY did look rather sad in the preview . 

BTS full video 

https://www.vlive.tv/video/85423

This IG handle has all the BTS cuts 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 4

Preview for the final episode:

Episode 31-32 (Final) Preview

• Like 4