[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K-DRAMA REACTION: LAWLESS LAWYER | EPISODE 8

Spoiler

Oh, no. It hurts to see Uncle Dae-woong (Ahn Nae-sang) die in a very cruel way. Though we only get to see him once in a while on screen, I still grew fond of him especially every time I think of how much he cared for Bong Sang-pil (Lee Joon-gi). Uncle Dae-woong took in the young Sang-pil 18 years ago without second thoughts despite the fact that he and the latter’s mother haven’t spoken for a long time. He served as Sang-pil’s only family who molded him to what he is now that’s why I knew how painful his death is to our hero. I also don’t think that Sang-pil will take heed of his uncle’s dying request not to seek revenge after his death. This whole scenario will only fuel Sang-pil’s desire to take Pres. Ahn Oh-joo (Choi Min-soo) and Judge Cha Moon-sook (Lee Hye-young) down, but I do hope that his anger won’t blind him and force him to put justice into his hands.

But how come Uncle Dae-woong wasn’t able to put up a good fight for his life? It feels that he, like Detective Woo Hyung-man (Lee Dae-yeon), walked into his predator’s cage unprepared. Plus, Uncle Dae-woong was the top thug in Seoul, which makes his tragic end more unbelievable.

Another thing that’s so weird is Sang-pil’s abrupt arrest right after his uncle’s death. I’m not a law expert that’s why I don’t know if it’s okay for police to handcuff and accuse someone of murder just because he’s the only person at the crime scene. But what I’m sure of is that it’s all part of Pres. Ahn’s plan to silence Sang-pil. Pres. Ahn needs to stop Sang-pil from doing him further harm because he knows that the latter won’t stop even if his initial plan to get to him through the banker failed.

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/06/06/k-drama-reaction-lawless-lawyer-episode-8/

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/06/06/k-drama-reaction-lawless-lawyer-episode-7/

44 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Well. He is a healthy man  with willing girl who loves him ... he  can be thinking about corrupt Ahjussi bankers and getting Sugar pretty much at the same time.

she is just as healthy as he so yeah they both had sugars 

scientific research: provides a 'triple-whammy' of benefits by combining a workout for the heart and lungs, the release of hormones that could lower stress and the production of new brain cells

so for the JY and SP it will improve their thinking bout how to defeat their enemies as well as improve health to their heart and lungs as well as being happy bout it 

@NoonaE @40somethingahjumma @antoniaclamens I have the impression too that the blind masseuse was in reality GD's spy or better said, she was a double spy. Let just say that AOJ could have threatened her but GD planted her there first. I also sense that she let herself caught on purpose. The blind masseuse is not deaf, she heard that someone was coming and she knew that the door was open because closing a door is something that you can hear. Besides, I can imagine that she must have recognized NSJ's footsteps. Blind people have usually a more developped hearing in order to compensate their disability. In order to ensure that no one would suspect GD behind this, GD must have made sure that each masseuse was replaced after some time. Remember that the masseuse was hired during the first or second episode hence she didn't stay there for a long time. That's why I think that GD was the mastermind behind the job as masseuse. Striking is that right after NHJ got hired as masseuse and this is no coincidence. GD knew that the blind masseuse had been fired. GD had asked NHJ to follow his orders. She knew what she had to say.

From my point of view, CMS's weakness will be HJY. She wasn't pleased, when she heard the news. She knew immediately that HJY would blame her. The more BSP is cornered, the more HJY will see CMS as the main culprit. It is interesting to see how CMS managed to fool NSJ. The rough assistant thinks, on the surface, she helped HJY, whereas in reality by sending her back to Seoul, CMS tried to get rid of her. Yet, NSJ is wrong in the sense that CMS has something else in mind: she cares genuinely for HJY. Notice that CMS never went after BSP... she knows that HJY loves him. 

I don't think that KYH could be AOJ's daughter because you can see how much hatred and disgust NSJ has for this man. In her eyes, he is a thug, while she worshipped CMS's father, CBH. This woman tries to look elegant and refine but her manners are so lacking revealing her social background (rather poor). AOJ has the same social origins hence I believe that she can't stand him for that reason. Now, she wants to belong to the higher social class... she thinks that she is better than AOJ, although she acts and speaks like a thug most of the time: see the scene where she threatens the masseuse. She doesn't want to be reminded where she comes from. The desire to surpass CMS is for me a clue that NSJ could have been intimate with CBH and KYH is his daughter. This would explain why she thinks herself as equal to CMS (the latter had to remind her place many times) and why she wants her daughter to surpass CMS.

As for HJY's father, his reaction doesn't surprise me at all. He is just a fanatic... Remember, I used to compare Hitler to AOJ and CMS to Hindenburg and how Hitler could seize the power. Even now, there are still people who believe that Hitler was a pacifist politician (he signed many treaties and hold speeches about peace!!), he never invaded Polen but Polen started the War, the Third Reich never committed the Holocaust... although there are tons of documents and witnesses. Notice that NHJ said that she missed her daughter. She spoke more about HJY than about her husband. To me, the wife knows how her husband has always praized and worshipped CBH and his daughter. They are like gods to him and she knows that. However, BSP described CBH to HJY as a tyrant who ruled in Kiseong for 37 years hence NHJ must have noticed it as well. The father isn't curious why she disappeared, he just accepts it as a fact. Now, I am wondering if NHJ has mentioned it to her husband who indirectly betrayed her, since CBH had helped them financially in the past. The man doesn't really try to find his wife.     

I've been saying that there is genuine care and affection for HJY from CMS and I am adament about that. Telling is the fact that NSJ had to literally get on her hands and knees to beg CMS to forgive YH for a situation that YH was not aware of (AOJ using her partner to frame HM) and yet HJY could blantantly tell her she's going after her and all she does is try to send her to Seoul. And I don't think it has anything to do with CMS wanting to get HJY away from BSP because it could cause trouble for her. When AOJ was trying to tell CMS that BSP was CJA son during her father's statue ceremony some episodes back, she practically dismissed it like she didn't care or it wasn't a big deal for her. It's not BSP she's afraid of, it's HJY. Also she told both HJY and YH that they trust too easily at one point during this show, but the only time it was a pointed statement was when it was directed to YH. 

19 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

i didn't cry when uncle died. i bawled. every time i watched the episode.

:bawling::bawling::bawling: samchon!!! I am still mad that he died because his death was 100% avoidable.I wanted to see him till the end.Be at the wedding(hope we get one) of BSP+HJY.  Being grandpa to Bong Sang Pil and Hae Jae Yi's pretty thug baby, and help raise him/her to be smart and badass like the parents:bawling:.Why did you take him away?writer nim why? But the preview of ep 9 hinted that he left an ace for BSP to help in taking down the baddies.So I am really hoping his death will not be in vain.

RIP:dissapointed_relieved:

tumblr_p9vqmy2WcA1r3hugwo4_540.gif

Partners in Court...I am curious and excited to see how Ha Jae Yi will defend her man in court...I have never seen such a thing in kdrama..but for my lawyer friends, wont it be a conflict of interest for her to defend him since they are emotionally attached?like she would be barred from defending him since they are lovers? no?

tumblr_p9vrjkiln71r3hugwo3_540.gif

and more of this please:wub:....but then Bong Sang Pil is back in jail so maybe we will get another tantalising makeout session:ph34r: when he gets out.

tumblr_p9vr2dBQcH1r3hugwo1_400.gif

Well, AOJ made a mistake in my opinion because he thinks, he has the law on his side, since CMS has been helping him. He thought that once BSP is put on trial, CMS will kill him with the law. Yet, I suspect that CMS might decide otherwise, especially because of HJY. She wants to regain HJY's admiration and love for her. When AOJ confronted BSP in the episode 5 or 6, he told him that he had the money and the law on his side. Yet, he has just made a donation to CMS: she is the real owner of OHJU group. Sure, he must have kept money hidden from her. Nonetheless, he has already lost money. 

I also sense that KYH might start working for AOJ at some point. I didn't forget that she shook his hand. KYH wants to become the post powerful prosecutor and AOJ needs someone by his side who has the law on his side, if CMS stops protecting him. 

I can definitely see YH working for AOJ, if nothing more than to just use him like she told her mom to advance her career. She also seemed mighty intrigued by him at his mayor celebration party. While NJS was busy seething at him YH said that 'atleast he's a thug of his word'. Whatever that means. 

Thug of his word AKA “I am going to kill you, bury your  body in cement and still send my men to your family member to get my money”  and you know he means ever word :wink:

The two witches and the old richard simmons 7 are hypocritical thugs... smile at your face, give your kids support  then and have you stabbed in an alley. 

Uncle Dae Woong is a well-known boss leading a big syndicate with an art gallery as his front. He went to Gisung alone to meet HJ, because he did not want the risk of exposing the identity of HJ. He must have known the danger of exposing himself alone to enemy territory, but he took the risk anyway. And as had been said earlier, he would not have done it without putting his will and businesses in order first. He already had HJ employed as the masseuse. And I agree that the hiring and firing of the blind masseuse and have HJ replace her, could have been part of his plan. Judge Cha is not happy about AOJ killing Dae Woong. She did not order the killing and AOJ is now making decisions without her knowledge. CMS knows that a well-known boss of a Seoul syndicate who was murdered in Gisung will bring media and therefore national attention as well as more mayhem to Gisung with the specter of possible retaliation from DW’s group. AOJ is a thug who ran a loansharking business at the fish markets and was backed and placed by elder Judge Cha to run the OJ Group a loansharking, money laundering illegal business citywide maybe even provincial scale. OJ amassed money for Club 7 but he still is a base thug. CMS got national media attention when written up at a well-known magazine for garnering a Legal Award for Judges in Asia. She does not want that reputation marred when the murder of the man whose nephew is a lawyer who now is wrongly accused of the murder and that nephew’s lover is his defending lawyer whom CMS cares for as her own daughter will bring the world’s attention to Gisung.

DW’s death opened a can of worms for the Club 7 and CMS knows that. A murder of a man for badmouthing CMS father and a murder of a lawyer trying to bring that case to trial 18 years ago could be broken wide open. DW did not just die for nothing. He wanted SP to be happy living with JY. When he met with AOJ, their conversation was quite telling. AOJ said “I don’t know you but have heard of you” but DW’s reply was “I know you (meaning: what kind of person you are) from my nephew and I am going to destroy you and the woman with the gavel” and was resolutely stated looking straight at AOJ without blinking. AOJ was the one who was squirming and his face making all kinds of squishy expressions even if he was the one who had the advantage. The behavior of a Judas amid betraying. SP had a lot of flashbacks of his mother and himself and uncle and himself giving us clues to his relationships with his mother and uncle and what happened to his mother. We may get flashbacks of the last conversations between DW and SP about clues to DW plans.

2 more days to episode 9 of LL…..

15 hours ago, zenya22 said:

she did try many times but he refuses to listen and the last time she emphatically started to tell him she got slapped for it. He is a man who had a wife that he purportedly loved. He could have asked for himself what happened to his wife who just disappeared in the middle of the night. A husband would endlessly seek for answers. It seems to me the daughter was the one doing so and the father and husband just was never interested or just was too cowardly to do so. I would not blame the daughter for the father's stupidity. 

15 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

Jae Yi did try to tell him about Cha Moon Sook & An Oh Ju on several occasions but he didn't want to hear it & cut her off so after a while, she felt it was useless & just didn't say anything because his adoration was too high & he wouldn't understand. The last time, she said it again and he slapped her for being disrespectful. He knew she was working for Sang Pil & was okay until the incident at the unveiling ceremony for Moon Sook's father then he saw him as Public Enemy No.1 for coming against the judge. Jae Yi didn't keep much from her dad, only whatever she was working on because he refused to listen.

She did try... but not too hard. I mean that was something she needed to tell him no matter what, and not when you are drunk and your father just discovered you with the guy he told you not to see anymore. She's a dady's girl as she said herself, she must have found a way to tell him. And now, if i understood right, he thinks she's in Seoul... why didn't she tell him she went to BSP, he would find out sooner or later... for me it's the same than BSP not telling JY about AOJ threatening him using JY as bait... a mistake. Don't get me wrong, i like JY so much... i just think she must have a frank conversation with his father, wether he believes her or not it's up to him

15 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

"Well maybe here someone who knows more korean than me could explain better (or maybe i am wrong). JY called CMS Judge Cha instead of Judge Cha nim. Omiting that honorific particle might be considered disrespect or even insult in Korea. Everyone in the drama (lest BSP I'm sure) call her Judge Cha nim. Now about CMS calling him JY's father, i don't think there's nothing wrong in that. I mean a marriage couple in Korea when they had their firstborn starts to call each other like that. IE the normal way for JY's mother to call him woul be "JY's father" and viceversa... i know it's that way for couples, and i'm almost sure it's the same for other people (from what i read and what i see in other dramas)"

You are right. Moon Sook never forgot his name, just that once someone has kids they are now known as "xx's mom/dad" and never their own name. So Cha Moon Sook says "Jae Yi's father" since that's who he is. 

Thank you... i wasn´t sure

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NoonaE @40somethingahjumma @antoniaclamens I have the impression too that the blind masseuse was in reality GD's spy or better said, she was a double spy. Let just say that AOJ could have threatened her but GD planted her there first. I also sense that she let herself caught on purpose. The blind masseuse is not deaf, she heard that someone was coming and she knew that the door was open because closing a door is something that you can hear. Besides, I can imagine that she must have recognized NSJ's footsteps. Blind people have usually a more developped hearing in order to compensate their disability.

So true! I don´t think the masseuse was so stupid as to have that kind of conversation with an open door

From my point of view, CMS's weakness will be HJY. She wasn't pleased, when she heard the news. She knew immediately that HJY would blame her. The more BSP is cornered, the more HJY will see CMS as the main culprit. It is interesting to see how CMS managed to fool NSJ. The rough assistant thinks, on the surface, she helped HJY, whereas in reality by sending her back to Seoul, CMS tried to get rid of her. Yet, NSJ is wrong in the sense that CMS has something else in mind: she cares genuinely for HJY. Notice that CMS never went after BSP... she knows that HJY loves him. 

5 hours ago, kjoy said:

I've been saying that there is genuine care and affection for HJY from CMS and I am adament about that. Telling is the fact that NSJ had to literally get on her hands and knees to beg CMS to forgive YH for a situation that YH was not aware of (AOJ using her partner to frame HM) and yet HJY could blantantly tell her she's going after her and all she does is try to send her to Seoul. And I don't think it has anything to do with CMS wanting to get HJY away from BSP because it could cause trouble for her. When AOJ was trying to tell CMS that BSP was CJA son during her father's statue ceremony some episodes back, she practically dismissed it like she didn't care or it wasn't a big deal for her. It's not BSP she's afraid of, it's HJY. Also she told both HJY and YH that they trust too easily at one point during this show, but the only time it was a pointed statement was when it was directed to YH. 

I think she really has some kind of (twisted) affection dor JY. but i also think she has some kind of (weirder) feelings for BSP. Because of his mother. Even when she ordered AOJ to kill them both, i think the friendship was real. Remember when BSP told her about how she felf after loosing someone she cherished (or something like that) she went straight to watch the pictures not of JY (as i thought she would) but of SP's mother

I don't think that KYH could be AOJ's daughter because you can see how much hatred and disgust NSJ has for this man.

yes. but maybe because they had a past together and she knows resented it. i don't know, it never happened to me, but i knew of so many ex couples who hate each other after separation..

3 hours ago, violina said:

:bawling::bawling::bawling: samchon!!! I am still mad that he died because his death was 100% avoidable.I wanted to see him till the end.Be at the wedding(hope we get one) of BSP+HJY.  Being grandpa to Bong Sang Pil and Hae Jae Yi's pretty thug baby, and help raise him/her to be smart and badass like the parents:bawling:.Why did you take him away?writer nim why? But the preview of ep 9 hinted that he left an ace for BSP to help in taking down the baddies.So I am really hoping his death will not be in vain.

RIP:dissapointed_relieved:

oh... that gif :bawling:

it's telling that both HM and uncle when dying didn't tell BSP about the big mistery (JY's mother being alive). HM thanked him for being his attorney and uncle wanted him to forget about revenge and  be happy. Now i wonder after so much tragedy how will BSP cope with it? thankfully he had JY, Mr. Tae and the rest of the gang

Partners in Court...I am curious and excited to see how Ha Jae Yi will defend her man in court...I have never seen such a thing in kdrama..but for my lawyer friends, wont it be a conflict of interest for her to defend him since they are emotionally attached?like she would be barred from defending him since they are lovers? no?

It won't be worse than them deffending HM...

and more of this please:wub:....but then Bong Sang Pil is back in jail so maybe we will get another tantalising makeout session:ph34r: when he gets out.

Yes please!!! crossing all fingers and toes

a wonderful fan mv that made me cryy again

On 6/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, zenya22 said:

I would think that he took care of business just in case something happens to him, that he had a contingent plan and did not leave SP defenseless. I am thinking that he died leaving an ace in Sang Pil’s sleeve. Something or someone that could surprisingly bomb the Cha/AOJ Golden City plan. Waiting to see what was said between AOJ and Uncle DW. I keep thinking about what mom said to little Sang Pil, that they might have to move again. When Sang Pil was being chased by the police, uncle said that they will have to go somewhere to hide. Was Sang Pil being chased for being the witness of his mother’s murder but also because of his paternal heritage and uncle knew that?

I was so sad when the Uncle died. He was SP's only powerful backer. Since everyone is speculating on SP's parentage, maybe his mother has been hiding him from a powerful father and he would show up to save the day. I feel that with his uncle gone, he seems so vulnerable and now he only has HJ to defend him.  They can't fight AOJ and Cha alone.  I am so scared something bad will happen to SP later in the show. After I took a quick peep on the forum before ep. 8, I kept closing my eyes and wishing the uncle wouldn't confront AOJ and steeling myself for the death scene, and for SP to be framed for it was so so sad, like rubbing salt in his wounds :bawling:

On a lighter note, I love how they did the romance, the pacing of it was perfect, no unnecessary push and pull tactics. It came on fast but HJ's character is such that she makes up her mind pretty quick and acts on it and SP was already in love with her for sure after years of watching her. I like how she isn't hesitant about initiating hugs, kisses etc....:wub: 

LJG has finally found the perfect partner cast in this show.  They click so well together, their actions flow as one. Her acting ability matches his and they bring out the best in each other.  Shin Min Ah was good with him in Arang and the Magistrate and IU was close but her character stagnated in the latter part of MLSHR. I wasn't sure at first when Seo Ye-Ji was cast but I liked her in Hwrang but I couldn't watch her in Save Me because of the subject matter although I heard that she was good in that show. I am sold now because she shows solid acting ability and I look forward to her future projects.

Speculating here....I keep having the feeling that Ms Geum Ja the hook did not go to that office to collect money from her brother by coincidence. She is too efficient and she knows her stuff. She already knew she was going to be hired and did what she had to do collect the debts for the office and said she will become the manager. I have a feeling that she may have worked for DW and she was sent to the office to help out. She did become an office manager and did well. Her brother is a bungling loan shark while she is an efficient debt collector who did not have to use fists to collect. She used her wits (blackmail, I will tell your wife about your gf) and got what she wanted even faster than the threat of a lawsuit. When SP finished presenting their "project" the Club 7 and gave descriptions of AOJ and OJ group and what he wanted done to bring the group to justice, GJ commented that AOJ was the perfect hook and SP looked at her with the expression, you got it while the other used to be gangsters team just looked astounded. DW understood exactly the game Cha and AOJ are playing because he himself has been there. So if GJ worked for DW, there must be a plan to use her to play hook against the ultimate hook. (Speculation only) of course. The complication was her crushing on the boss. I am so glad that the boss set boundaries and made it clear. Lawyer JY is my girl while you are my employee and I am your boss.

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

I was so sad when the Uncle died. He was SP's only powerful backer. Since everyone is speculating on SP's parentage, maybe his mother has been hiding him from a powerful father and he would show up to save the day. I feel that with his uncle gone, he seems so vulnerable and now he only has HJ to defend him.  They can't fight AOJ and Cha alone.

@hiluna yes they can. It was sad that the uncle died and viewers were all wishing for him to live. However he is gone. SP and JY especially SP have shown resiliency, patience and steadfastness to keep fighting especially when the going gets rough. It has been written by the viewers in this thread that DW would not have left without making contingencies. There is also the detective and the prosecutor and JY's mom and the uncle's people in Seoul who I don't think will just sit around. I don't know how those gang members will handle the funeral when they see their boss picture in the funeral altar and the heir (in their eyes) in despairing tears and under guard. I also see the club 7 being destroyed from within.

I try to err on the good and happy side..... why start crying before the milk got spilled? 

On 6/4/2018 at 4:19 PM, kjoy said:

I cannot believe a man would have such blind devotion to a woman who can't even muster up enough care to even know his name. She literally referred to him as "Jae Yi's father".

I think you are mistaken here. It is often the social way of addressing a parent. I had thought the same in Canada when I was addressed as my son's mother by his Korean friend's parents even having known them for quite awhile, but I see that it is quite common in the kdramas so my guess is that it is an accepted form of social etiquette.

45 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I think you are mistaken here. It is often the social way of addressing a parent. I had thought the same in Canada when I was addressed as my son's mother by his Korean friend's parents even having known them for quite awhile, but I see that it is quite common in the kdramas so my guess is that it is an accepted form of social etiquette.

OK if it's the social etiquette, but CMS still has 0 respect for him in the slightest and he would fall all over himself in adoration if he knew that she wanted JY to refer to her as mother. 

Archived